• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

Dalek

I just downloaded this game a couple days ago as something to do during downtime at work, and wow it's pretty addicting. Any tips for newbies though? I guess I kinda suck at this game, I wasn't able to beat the final Juggernaut match until I landed a level 40 Scarlet Witch from the Ultron hero recruiter thing. Also, what should I be buying with my gold token? More slots or more heroes?

And what am I supposed to do when my team gets wiped and I don't have anymore heals? Literally just wait an hour until everyone is healed up?

Don't be afraid to spend money on the game-but use it only to buy slots.

Play through all the story missions until you can beat them and get all the rewards from them.

Be sure to log in at least once a day and complete one match to get your login bonus.

Some may disagree with me here, but try.to level up all your one star characters at first, then move onto leveling up your 2 star characters. I skip out on Yelena and Moonstone though. Just sell those covers. Juggernaut is going to be an important character down the line because whenever there is an event where he is "boosted" he can do a ton of damage.

If you can join an alliance so they can send you free stuff throughout the day.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So many Ultron tokens ain't shit. All 2-stars. So disappointing.

Triz

Can you expand on this? I know there was talk about reduced leveling costs but I haven't seen a decrease. I have a bunch of *** characters that I haven't leveled and it's still 120k to get them to 166.

Seems like anyone below 100 is dirt cheap to level. Over 100 about the same prices as before.

Got a Luke Cage. Anyone have him leveled up high? Is he a usable character? Maybe working with someone who creates black to keep the punching going?

Dalek

Got a Luke Cage. Anyone have him leveled up high? Is he a usable character? Maybe working with someone who creates black to keep the punching going?

If you can level him up, he's amazing. A highly leveled Falcon, Luke cage and Iron Fist can be incredibly frustrating to try to defeat. Iron Fist puts out the strike tile, and Luke Cage puts out the shield tile, and Falcon can streghten them both with every Yellow Match....which then goes to Luke for his Uppercut power.

Spoit

Don't be afraid to spend money on the game-but use it only to buy slots.

I'd strongly not recommend spending real money unless you know exactly what you want to spend it on. I play a lot of F2P games, and this is by far the most extortionate.

shugdaddy

Neo Member
If you can level him up, he's amazing. A highly leveled Falcon, Luke cage and Iron Fist can be incredibly frustrating to try to defeat. Iron Fist puts out the strike tile, and Luke Cage puts out the shield tile, and Falcon can streghten them both with every Yellow Match....which then goes to Luke for his Uppercut power.
Yeah I've had to fight high level cage and fist combos, it's very hard. Blade with them makes it worse.

Seems like anyone below 100 is dirt cheap to level. Over 100 about the same prices as before.

It's actually still way cheaper all the way to 120. After that it's only a little cheaper. (But still cheaper.)

Also, keep an eye out, after the patch, a lot of your characs might only need 1 ISO to get the next level.

It's actually still way cheaper all the way to 120. After that it's only a little cheaper. (But still cheaper.)

Also, keep an eye out, after the patch, a lot of your characs might only need 1 ISO to get the next level.

Oh! I was wondering why everybody was popping as soon as I hit the button. Granted it was only saving 150-200 ISO per person but still....that explains it.

NineH

Did anyone else get a screwed up log in bonus today? It said that only 4 Gaf-Vengers played yesterday and I know that's wrong because I, and I'm sure almost all of us, did the Deadpool Daily yesterday. It's only 160 Iso but that's still 160 Iso they are shorting us.

Did anyone else get a screwed up log in bonus today? It said that only 4 Gaf-Vengers played yesterday and I know that's wrong because I, and I'm sure almost all of us, did the Deadpool Daily yesterday. It's only 160 Iso but that's still 160 Iso they are shorting us.
Yeah, it seemed screwy yesterday for me.

komarkaze

My GAFvengers daily bonus today showed only one player logged for the +10 ISO. That can't be right. No issues logging in for me though.

zulux21

it said only 3 did for me, and I wasn't one of them and I know I played yesterday :p
oh well.

Dalek

it said only 3 did for me, and I wasn't one of them and I know I played yesterday :p
oh well.

I want my ISO!

RF1vZ7s.gif

Top Bottom