• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

zulux21

Vision sounds alright. They're really going for movie looks with the new characters, eh? Not as comic booky.

I will have to see how he scales before I figure out if he sounds decent or not.

it seems like her could be a heavy hitter if his skills scale well as his blue move needs to be active for his red move to do team damage anyways so it wouldn't be surprising if after using his blue move his red move did around 3k to the enemy team for 10ap which wouldn't be bad

zulux21

Is this game newcomer friendly?

It seems everyone has high level / good characters which would make it hard to compete? :(

friendly enough, everyone is separated into brackets so new players can actually place rather well in general, after you get a decent 2 star roster it's not unlikely you will finish in the top 50 in a lot of events.... until you hit the wall where you are considered no longer new and suddenly everyone is way better than you.

zulux21

In other words pony up the dough.

aside from maybe buying a few slots you really don't need to spend money on the game. (though I have been playing since it hit steam)

only money spent on my account was for the avengers battle kit that a friend gifted me that gave me

2,900 Hero Points - Recruit powerful Heroic and Featured characters, purchase health packs to continue the fight, and train your characters Powers to maximize their Abilities.

13,200 Iso-8 - Recruit Standard characters, purchase boosts to take down powerful enemies, and increase your characters’ levels to bring out their maximum potential.

which I don't think I have ever dipped below 15k iso since then, and I have dipped down to 1k hp or so but that was with buying some covers for characters and easily could have done without buying them.

NineH

Thanks to the log in bug, no one played yesterday. I wonder if they'll compensate us for the missing iso? I'm guessing no since they seem so stingy with their compensations in the past.

Dalek

Thanks to the log in bug, no one played yesterday. I wonder if they'll compensate us for the missing iso? I'm guessing no since they seem so stingy with their compensations in the past.

Maybe a free token if anything, or even 400 ISO tops.

Dispatch

I finally paid attention to the advice of so many people and waited until the last day of an event to join. I'm currently in 11th place, and there are only 42 people in the bracket total.

(fingers crossed for a Hulkbuster)

zulux21

r5ATpkK.png

final vision numbers
looks like a 5/5/3 to me as not only do I feel the extra damage is more important than extra defense, but the heavy move seems a lot more useful than the light move in general. nearly 3k damage for 5 blue and 10 red isn't to bad though. Either way I don't feel like he is to exciting, I'd rather stick to my panther/fist team.

Triz

Missed a top 10 finish in the PVE by less than 100 points last night. Talk about rage inducing. Was mid match when the end timer clicked :(

Wow.

Got a PvE token for the last subevent, pulled a black X-Force cover.

Then I decided I'd try my luck with buying a token for the same event, pulled a black Hulkbuster cover.

Two 4-stars back to back. :D

(Sorry for bragging!)

Spoit

Missed a top 10 finish in the PVE by less than 100 points last night. Talk about rage inducing. Was mid match when the end timer clicked :(

Same, I would have finished it too, if it weren't for the stupid end time changes putting slice 4 right in the middle of dinner

Bigfoot

I've only been playing this game for 100 days or so but I'm already burning out. I've hardly played the last few Events and haven't done any Versus for this season. I still do the Deadpool daily if I have the 3 star already. Game is still fun to play if I need to kill 10 minutes but I can't commit like I was early on.

I have to say I'm impressed with the guys that play Event after Event for their alliance and to get the latest character, even after doing so for over a year.

One thing I noticed with the lower ISO level costs. 2 stars still cost the same so it costs way more to bring a 2 star to level 94 than it does a 3 star. That's dumb!

Ugh, gonna miss out on two Vision covers. I'm 60th, and tried to gain some ground with a win in that final fight, Hood and Magneto. Totally unfair. Go in with Cyclops, Lazy Cap and Hulk.

Two of three basically get one-hit killed by Magneto's blue. The worst.

So I'll take my one cover for now. Grr.

Triz

I've just become a last day event player. May miss out on progression rewards but getting the guarantee prize is worth it. Joined doc ock event with 8 hours left. Currently in 5th place with only 410 points. Last event got top 25 with sub 400 so still grabbed two covers. I'd have to have close to 1k if I went in at start time.

Dalek

I've just become a last day event player. May miss out on progression rewards but getting the guarantee prize is worth it. Joined doc ock event with 8 hours left. Currently in 5th place with only 410 points. Last event got top 25 with sub 400 so still grabbed two covers. I'd have to have close to 1k if I went in at start time.

Ok so tell me how this works. You just wait until the last slot of the event only has 8 hours left-and then join? And the goal here is simply to place in the top 25 or so in as far as points, and forego collecting the 300 point token and 400 point HP rewards? I might do this-I always basically push for the token, but I never get anything out of the tokens anyways. Doing this also most likely means you won't earn enough for the Season 10 Pack as well right-but I guess that's fine considering the abysmal draw rate and you're more likely to get guaranteed 3 Stars using this method.

So is it 8 hours left in ANY slot or only the last slot?

Spoit

Any slot, but you still have to be lucky enough to get the noob bracketing.

Odds are you'll join at an hour left and have people already at 1k in your bracket

Triz

I usually join with 8-12 hours left. Pretty much sticks you in a bracket with only about 100-200 people and they aren't hard core grinders. Ended up in 16th with 400 points last night but that snagged me the 2 covers for blade and I needed the green.

zulux21

Fighting a level 145 Juggernaut. What's the point??

just be excited when they release a 3 star jugs that has his same two moves still and a third move that does team damage :p (note no 3 star jugs is in the works that I know of, just a 3 star bullseye)

NineH

Let me take this moment to advise that my late join method doesn't work on PVE. No Vision for me lol.

As Spoit mentioned above, you have to be really lucky you are not in an established bracket already. This PvE, I joined late but there were already 500 players so I barely eked out a top 150 for Vision. The PvE before this, I joined late with only around 200 players and I miraculously got top 3 in that one.

Triz

This game can troll you in phenomenal ways. Open a deadpool daily token it's a pulsing gold. Not a 4 star just 1000hp. Not complaining but jeez.

Dalek

I understand that mentality. I can throw money at this game-but there are certain things you can't just "buy" you need to unlock them. I have a high level Steve Rogers with 5/5/0. I've never seen a blue cover of his.

I understand that mentality. I can throw money at this game-but there are certain things you can't just "buy" you need to unlock them. I have a high level Steve Rogers with 5/5/0. I've never seen a blue cover of his.

I have paid for exactly one cover, a BP black to bring him up to 166.

The next day I unlocked a black BP cover. Grr....

zulux21

on the plus side for you that should be coming in the next few weeks via DDQ.

Top Bottom