• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

I understand that mentality. I can throw money at this game-but there are certain things you can't just "buy" you need to unlock them. I have a high level Steve Rogers with 5/5/0. I've never seen a blue cover of his.

Don't be jelly of my 3/5/5.

The BP struggle is real, though. He's the #1 character I want covers for.

Ape

Banned
if i finish the deadpool daily today then ill have my mystique at 3/5/5 and she will be my first three star completely covered. garbage character i know but she will be. im almost not wanting to do it today just so when i get another cover of hers i wont automatically think its a waste and ill have something to hunt still. idk

if i finish the deadpool daily today then ill have my mystique at 3/5/5 and she will be my first three star completely covered. garbage character i know but she will be. im almost not wanting to do it today just so when i get another cover of hers i wont automatically think its a waste and ill have something to hunt still. idk

I have a few that have a shitload of covers but I never put a single ISO into them. I think Mystique may be one of them.

Sorry for your luck?

Ape

Banned
I have a few that have a shitload of covers but I never put a single ISO into them. I think Mystique may be one of them.

Sorry for your luck?

pretty sure shes level 43, only use her when i have to and only landed her blacks after the patch fixed the infinite turn combo lol :(

I think my BP Black is at 3. Could be amazing if I could get more.

He completely changed my Daily Deadpool strategy. As long as I go into the final round with 24 black he can launch twice and wipe the team.

I'm debating buying a green GSBW cover so I can bring that up to 5 and unleash similar devastation. I use her a ton even at 4 greens @ level 153.

Ape

Banned
He completely changed my Daily Deadpool strategy. As long as I go into the final round with 24 black he can launch twice and wipe the team.

I'm debating buying a green GSBW cover so I can bring that up to 5 and unleash similar devastation. I use her a ton even at 4 greens @ level 153.

Just waist for dead pool to give us her green

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Finally, another black Hulk. Finally. We're gonna make it, friends...

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
is there a hulk cover during this hulk event in pve?

Deadpool Daily for me. Make sure to get em done.

And this is one of the tough Dailies too. Make sure you get that Spider-Man, Daredevil, and Patch combo going because you will need to neutralize a lot of attack tiles.

Dalek

I think what he means is the last time this PVE event existed, in the 3rd round or so one of the rewards for the nodes was a Hulk cover.

zulux21

next characters info
liKM9J3.png

Carnage is coming as well and is r/g/b

one of the widows is getting a change
A dart from Black Widow's bracelet strikes the target and releases an electrical charge, dealing ??? damage.

it's most likely replacing the 3 star widow's purple move that allowed her to place green tiles in their ongoing attempts to nerf every character that synergies with prof x instead of nerfing prof x himself.

though it also might be the 1 star widow to get rid of the 5 turn stun.

zulux21

Why would anyone want a 2 star version of a 3 star character?

easier to get covers for
easier for new players to get
cheaper to level?

sure if you are all about the end game it won't matter, but if you don't have a huge army of 3 star characters having more 2 stars isn't a horrible thing. Beyond that cyclops is a popular character (for some reason) thus having him available to players sooner isn't a bad thing.

easier to get covers for
easier for new players to get
cheaper to level?

sure if you are all about the end game it won't matter, but if you don't have a huge army of 3 star characters having more 2 stars isn't a horrible thing. Beyond that cyclops is a popular character (for some reason) thus having him available to players sooner isn't a bad thing.

I agree with this. A lot of us have been playing this game for a year and a half, but for newcomers I'd want as many **s as I could get since their covers drop so regularly.

NineH

next characters info

Carnage is coming as well and is r/g/b

one of the widows is getting a change

it's most likely replacing the 3 star widow's purple move that allowed her to place green tiles in their ongoing attempts to nerf every character that synergies with prof x instead of nerfing prof x himself.

though it also might be the 1 star widow to get rid of the 5 turn stun.
I hope it's not GSBW since that would destroy one of my favorite pvp duos, GSBW and Hulk. Knowing d3 though, they probably feel her purple is op now since Kamala Khan's purple does a similar thing and that's the power level they probably want.

zulux21

I hope it's not GSBW since that would destroy one of my favorite pvp duos, GSBW and Hulk. Knowing d3 though, they probably feel her purple is op now since Kamala Khan's purple does a similar thing and that's the power level they probably want.

it could be either or as they have been removing lots of battery abilities. At the same time the 1 star widow's team up is a very popular team up.

Dalek

Good lord-I just got out of a BRTUAL "Trial by Combat" event-everyone must have been clamoring for a Vision cover. It took everything I could to hang on to the top 100-finished 92 with 595 points.

Triz

Heh I joined Trial by Combat with 26 minutes left only 153 in the bracket at join. Scored a top 100 with 20 minutes of work.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Pulled a Kamala from a one star token. Just need them HPs...cmon Deadpool Daily, give me 1k!

zulux21

moonstone's control shift changing
Will here from Demiurge to let you know about an upcoming change to Moonstone’s Control Shift power.

To refresh your memory, Control Shift steals an enemy Countdown tile and stuns the enemy if there are none. Upgrades increase the stun and can shorten the Countdown.

Control Shift can lead to some great stories (like that time Miles stole a Recovery Countdown from Wolverine (X-Force)), but it has a lot of drawbacks: It’s situational and complicated for a 2-star. It’s expensive to fire at 17 AP. The nature of the power doesn’t lend itself well to a clean, understandable upgrade path. And it adds development and testing effort to every power that uses a Countdown tile in a new way, creating bugs and taking time away from other features we could be developing.

We fought to make it work for a long time because it can lead to cool moments, but ultimately a simpler, less expensive ability makes more sense for this character.

The cost of Control Shift is decreasing from 17 to 9, and the power now steals enemy special tiles:
At level 1, 1 Attack tile.
At level 2, 1 Attack or Protect tile.
At level 3, 2 Attack or Protect tiles.
At level 4, 2 Attack, Protect, or Strike tiles.
At level 5, 3 Attack, Protect, or Strike tiles.

(As always, these numbers might change between now and when the change goes live as a result of further testing.)

Whenever we make significant changes to a character, we increase their sell price. That’ll be true for Moonstone, too: her sell price will increase (to roughly 50% of the Iso-8 that was needed to level her up, or the current sell price when that’s better) for 2-4 weeks when the change happens.

We expect this change to happen in a patch the middle of next week.

I wonder if they will still give HP with the sell price since they mentioned something slightly different this time.

it also seems like they are focusing on non 3 star heroes for a bit.
that widow skill change I mentioned earlier, well someone is confirming it's for modern bw, so I am guessing the 5 turn stun for cheap is going away.

there is also talks that both thor and cap are getting hit with nerfs in the 2 star land (no talk if it's gonna effect the 3 star characters as well)
ongside the MBW (can confirm that it is in fact her getting hit) there's another bit that seems to point to an incoming nerf to some residents of 2* land. Some new descriptions:

A lightning bolt pierces the sky and rips into the mighty Thor's target, dealing %Damage damage.

The Captain hurls his trusty shield into battle. Hits the target for %Damage damage.

which would imply that thor isn't going to give green for his yellow anymore (likely prof x related again) and captain won't give red back anymore.

though there is confirmation that they aren't currently working on any changes to 3 or 4 star characters, so perhaps only the 2 star versions will change the and lazy versions will remain the same thus making the characters more unique to each other (also increasing the odds that a 3 star bullseye would be uniqueish)

Ape

Banned
Hope they don't change 3 * thors yellow. This is going to suck for me since I'm using 2 * Thor. Idk why I play this game.

Good start to the day. The black Psylocke from the daily brings me up to 4/5/4. Out of a handful of regular tokens and a couple heroics I also unlocked a red Torch, blue Beast and a black Cage.

I probably won't use any of those until I get more Cage tokens, but ***s are always a nice surprise.

Triz

If they nerf 3 star cap I'm going to rage. I'm so sick of getting guys maxed and watching them become useless. It takes so damn long to get them to that level.

zulux21

If they nerf 3 star cap I'm going to rage. I'm so sick of getting guys maxed and watching them become useless. It takes so damn long to get them to that level.
for the record this stuff is just found as hidden data in the game, it is completely possible that Loki has taken over development of the game and he is using his Trickery to build Illusions of future nerfs because he likes to cause Mischief.

do I get bonus points for using the moves in order?

shaowebb

Testing new teams now that I've semi covered some of the abilities for folks with more covers. Trying out Black Panther/Iron Fist/ C. Mags. Covers most colors, Magneto keeps the damage goin and the board moving and the damage multiplies/shields are legit enough so far. Needs covers and feels like it needs polish. If I had more covers I could probably test the waters on someone other than Mags, but the IF/BP combo is too slow at the moment with Iron Fist so low on tools.

Surprisingly getting some ridiculous mileage out of She Hulk/Daredevil/Loki with various partners switching out with Loki. They outright can't get any tiles on the board or enough AP to threaten them and Daredevil keeps getting ambush popped in the shuffles. Best partner so far has been Lazy Thor to swap out Loki for the obvious battery/damage reasons. Main attacker is actually Daredevil and his red. With 4 of a kinds goin off regularly it tends to trigger his red tiles a lot. I'd like to level up Cyclops and try to speed shoot Ambush tiles for Daredevil sometime with She Hulk running interference. Definitely seeing She Hulk as under rated. She's damned healthy and takes a bit to kill and she strips them of AP making it even harder to get an attack off to stop her. Great support character.

I just got destroyed in the new season PVP by a maxed Mags. I have a 5/2/5 Mags that I haven't put a dip of ISO into. Is he worth leveling with those covers?

Dalek

Holy shit. I just got my second yellow falcon cover from a standard token in one day and I already have him covered. They must be trolling me right?

I gotta say, having PvP teams to alternate through is really nice. Used to be just Hulk and Thor for the longest time, but now I cycle between Luke Cage/Iron Fist, Cyclops/Cap and Gamora/RockeyGroo.

I think pairing Falcon with Cage/Fist would be awesome.

Triz

Blue is his strongest attack. Red at 5 is good because of the all team up tile destruction. You could use him with 5 yellow if nothing else it's extra defense.

Top Bottom