• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

zulux21

Okay, I switched devices and logged in to my FB account after the tutorial and after loading my account...I'm stuck on the beginning. What the fuck? Did the game just erase my progress? I still got a alliance rewards and yet, all my cards and pprogress aren't in the game, I just email D3 to see what's the deal. Might be out for awhile now.

maybe, just maybe you should read the pop ups that show up at the start screen.
qKzUmKw.png
that has been up on my steam version for a few days now.

Ape

Banned
Okay, I switched devices and logged in to my FB account after the tutorial and after loading my account...I'm stuck on the beginning. What the fuck? Did the game just erase my progress? I still got a alliance rewards and yet, all my cards and pprogress aren't in the game, I just email D3 to see what's the deal. Might be out for awhile now.

dude, splash page right when you log in for the last four or so days says

ATTENTION!

Do you play Marvel Puzzle Quest on more than one iOS and/or Android device?

Playing on more than one device could cause you to lose progress.

At this point in time we recommend that players only play one one device.
We'll release a fix as soon as we can.

So, yeah it deleted your progress. I don't know how long it will take to get your stuff back though.

mreddie

dude, splash page right when you log in for the last four or so days says

So, yeah it deleted your progress. I don't know how long it will take to get your stuff back though.

I know, I saw it but I forgot about it early today and I'm really pissed now.

it sucks that they have devs who would release such a game breaking bug.

At the rapid pace they are iterating I'm not surprised things like this slip through. Support for the game has been pretty good since day 1, so I'm sure it'll be fixed soon.

Maybe we'll get a few "I'm sorry" tokens out of it!

...aaaand the fix is out. Update!

Ape

Banned
At the rapid pace they are iterating I'm not surprised things like this slip through. Support for the game has been pretty good since day 1, so I'm sure it'll be fixed soon.

Maybe we'll get a few "I'm sorry" tokens out of it!

...aaaand the fix is out. Update!

Support has been terrible for me. I've been waiting on an issue to be fixed (missing covers from ultron server shit) for weeks now. They said it might take 3 days in the initial e mail.

Dalek

I just played against Deadpool, Kamala and Daken-Jesus Christ that is annoying. They never take damage. So frustrating.

Dispatch

Well, I feel stupid for waiting so long to try it, but I've found Loki, Patch, and Daken pretty capable of doing well in the simulator. (In fact, it's so good, I'm waiting for a nerf.)

zulux21

Well, I feel stupid for waiting so long to try it, but I've found Loki, Patch, and Daken pretty capable of doing well in the simulator. (In fact, it's so good, I'm waiting for a nerf.)

that has been my go to team for a long time
though I have started doing loki/patch/iron first recently as he allows me to make sure I can get the black for loki

Spoit

patch and laken start being a lot less effective when the enemies scale to the point where they one shot them. Hard to regen when they're dead

shaowebb

patch and laken start being a lot less effective when the enemies scale to the point where they one shot them. Hard to regen when they're dead

I only use Patch with Loki and C. Mags currently. That way he always has shields and doesn't hurt himself. There is no way to use Patch IMO if you try to just rely on his own regen to help him. Its never gonna be enough and its too easily hampered.

I generally just wait till I got the low yellow cost on C Mags to shield up or until I have the black to use Loki's ability before I pop off with Patch's green or red. Even then I still try to have the black ready as a standby. I tried the same setup with Steve Rogers and it works pretty well that way too but I prefer C.Mags because the shielding is quicker, the cascade damage with those tiles is really where its at, and because he makes a better backup for offense than Steve IMO due to how fast he gets things rolling.

Spoit

I only use Patch with Loki and C. Mags currently. That way he always has shields and doesn't hurt himself. There is no way to use Patch IMO if you try to just rely on his own regen to help him. Its never gonna be enough and its too easily hampered.

I generally just wait till I got the low yellow cost on C Mags to shield up or until I have the black to use Loki's ability before I pop off with Patch's green or red. Even then I still try to have the black ready as a standby. I tried the same setup with Steve Rogers and it works pretty well that way too but I prefer C.Mags because the shielding is quicker, the cascade damage with those tiles is really where its at, and because he makes a better backup for offense than Steve IMO due to how fast he gets things rolling.

You're kind of missing the 2nd part of that. Where any move the enemy does is a ohko for his meager 6800 health

Man, that last fight vs Prof X in the Simulator sure was tough. Barely scraped by with Hulk/GSBW/Deadpool. And Deadpool was out very early in the fight, thanks to a stupid 5-match.

NineH

Man, that last fight vs Prof X in the Simulator sure was tough. Barely scraped by with Hulk/GSBW/Deadpool. And Deadpool was out very early in the fight, thanks to a stupid 5-match.

I haven't faced a Professor X in a while and forgot how devastating his blue was. From that node, the Professor X was level 230ish and a 5 match took out around 6000 health from my Hulk. I was like damn that's strong and that's a passive? I wish my Professor X was maxed like that.

shaowebb

You're kind of missing the 2nd part of that. Where any move the enemy does is a ohko for his meager 6800 health

You're kind of missing the point that I run interference till I build up shields so there IS no one hit KO. Loki makes fast cascades and thieves their AP often too. Team kills fast enough and costs people enough in damage that I don't really get hit heavily. Least not round abouts of lvl 120.

Remember...different levels=different world than you are used to. It works.

Spoit

You're kind of missing the point that I run interference till I build up shields so there IS no one hit KO. Loki makes fast cascades and thieves their AP often too. Team kills fast enough and costs people enough in damage that I don't really get hit heavily. Least not round abouts of lvl 120.

Remember...different levels=different world than you are used to. It works.

Considering how some of these nodes have 9 AP ohkos on like half the colors, yeah, different worlds

Dalek

I'm playing the Deadpool PVE now and one mode is saying Moonstone is required and won't let me play. But I have moonstone.

I'm playing the Deadpool PVE now and one mode is saying Moonstone is required and won't let me play. But I have moonstone.

I had that issue with Bullseye. Select the middle slot and then find her in the roster and click her, it should allow you to use her.

Back to PvP for me on this Deadpool one - I really want a usable Loki. Sitting in 2nd place, won't be able to get another 200 points to get into first. I'm happy. I think that not playing any this season has gotten me easy teams to beat!

NineH

Cool. good luck!

So I've got a lvl 127 4/3/3 Loki now. Is he strong enough to put in some work?

I have my Loki at 5/3/5 but at level 40 since I want him to hide behind stronger guys so he can use Mischief all day long. Of course, if the other team has an AoE attack, oh well.

NineH

Shit. Have I messed up?

Nah, I see plenty of guys with maxed leveled Loki. He becomes annoying then because he takes longer to take down. The only problem is he becomes more exposed if he is the strongest in his color but he would have more health so at least he has more staying power. I have to add that I never use my level 40 Loki in PvP because I would be targeted all the time, I mostly use him in PvE since Laken/Patch/Loki is great there, especially if the opponent has no AoE attack.

Well, it had to happen eventually. Can't do today's DD since I don't have Cyclops. Dammit!

I missed the last three 3* characters, I think. So sad.

Nah, I see plenty of guys with maxed leveled Loki. He becomes annoying then because he takes longer to take down. The only problem is he becomes more exposed if he is the strongest in his color but he would have more health so at least he has more staying power. I have to add that I never use my level 40 Loki in PvP because I would be targeted all the time, I mostly use him in PvE since Laken/Patch/Loki is great there, especially if the opponent has no AoE attack.

Awesome. I'll give him a try.

zulux21

Cool. good luck!

So I've got a lvl 127 4/3/3 Loki now. Is he strong enough to put in some work?

he most likely is, but as the other person said I would think hard about if you ever want to level him more since his moves aren't effected by his level at all.

I always hide mine behind either daken or iron fist. but his green move is so fun (and really helped making loki playable) I rarely ever have an AOE go off on loki unless he is behind a wall of Patch shields in a wave since I just ignore colors that I don't use that aren't super good for the enemy, sometimes purposely lining up blue 4 matches for the enemy so they can match it and let me steal their ap :p

komarkaze

Guess I will sit this PVE out for the most part bc I don't have Bullseye, Elektra or Moonstone. I need the break anyway so it's all good.

My Loki is fully covered at level 125 and he's able to hide behind my Patch and Daken, both at level 153. They can demolish most teams with no problems.

So which characters should be fully leveled and which ones should not? I have supporting characters like Hood and Falcon which are useful but I don't want them to start taking damage. What's the proper level number for them?

shaowebb

Neat. Got a squirrel girl, a blue Scarlet Witch, and a Cyclops today plus a ton of levels. Right now I think all I need is some Vision and Quicksilvers to be set for various nodes. I'd really like to get more Cyclops and Iron Fist though. Iron Fist is maxed at 102 right now with low covers and he's already destroying whole teams by himself. I really want to run that Combo with him and Cyclops. Well that plus Luke Cage is another option.

Triz

Lol can't do any of the required nodes in the PVE event. Oh well. I have Mystique 1level from the 166 cap. I know most would say she's a subpar character but I need a strong purple user in my team and if I have black it's a 1 shot kill to just about anyone.

Lol can't do any of the required nodes in the PVE event. Oh well. I have Mystique 1level from the 166 cap. I know most would say she's a subpar character but I need a strong purple user in my team and if I have black it's a 1 shot kill to just about anyone.
I had thought that she would be useful pre nerf, but now I never use her except for essential nodes.

Dalek

It kills me that I don't have more covers for IF.

Meanwhile I bit the bullet this week and spent HP on the 5th yellow cover for Patch. Got my season heroic tokens today, and guess what I pull? A yellow Patch cover.

Spoit

Punisher is way too far down that list. My guess is people voting don't have characters maxed and don't truly have a feel for how effective they are.

He's been power creeped into obsolescence for like the better part of a year now.

You want to talk about people being underrated because of people not playing them? KP is all the way down at 23, and SL is down at _37_

zulux21

Every list is subjective. Often, it just depends on who you use them with.
I would rate Daredevil higher as well as several others.

he seems about right to me as even with the revamp he still isn't a very good character at all.

at least 3* iron man is near the bottom of the list like he should be. Daredevil at least has his uses, 3* ironman is just terrible and needs an update as there are characters in general that have moves bordering on twice as powerful as his moves per cost without any of the draw back @_@

There is indeed a number of ones that seem a bit off though, but above all else this poll didn't adjust for clearly faulty voting. For example while 3 star thor might not be your favorite there is no way you should ever seriously rate him a 1/10 just like yelena shouldn't have any 10/10 at all. Those are obviously votes made to screw with the rankings and I would have thrown them out completely.

He's been power creeped into obsolescence for like the better part of a year now.

You want to talk about people being underrated because of people not playing them? KP is all the way down at 23, and SL is down at _37_

I haven't played with either much but SL for sure feels like someone that with the right team can be a real big threat.

Top Bottom