• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

There is indeed a number of ones that seem a bit off though, but above all else this poll didn't adjust for clearly faulty voting. For example while 3 star thor might not be your favorite there is no way you should ever seriously rate him a 1/10 just like yelena shouldn't have any 10/10 at all. Those are obviously votes made to screw with the rankings and I would have thrown them out completely.

I haven't played with either much but SL for sure feels like someone that with the right team can be a real big threat.
I would completely throw out the votes of anyone giving Kamala a 1 or Yelena/bagman a 10.
7 morons also gave Prof X a rating of 1.

The problem with Starlord is that he is too countdown dependent.

Triz

I'd say prof. X is the best player as he goes in with any team and just wrecks shit. But how many people have one at high level to know that? SRock has his at 244 and I've watched him take out solid 270 teams with only professor x alone.

shaowebb

Every list is subjective. Often, it just depends on who you use them with.
I would rate Daredevil higher as well as several others.

I love my Daredevil and am glad I stuck with the character till he was changed. The new damage setup off his red and purples make him very good and he runs interference well on other team's tiles with that purple and with his blue stuns. Pretty good dude to keep around these days. Especially on teams with batteries because those make it easy to 4 of a kind and take out the rows that have his red tile for some quick damage.

NineH

Man, that feel when you get a pulsating gold token only to find out it's one of the few 4*s you have maxed colors in. I can't believe I got another blue Invisible Woman when just about any other 4* drop would have been appreciated.

Man, that feel when you get a pulsating gold token only to find out it's one of the few 4*s you have maxed colors in. I can't believe I got another blue Invisible Woman when just about any other 4* drop would have been appreciated.

It is the MPQ equivalent of first world problems

mreddie

Day 5, after sending a form for me to detail my problem on Monday, still not received jack. I'm getting really, really, pissed the fuck off. Especially with Carnage around the corner.

shaowebb

Just got my worthless 3 star Bullseye. what a load.

LOL.
Yeah I just played him in Deadpool's event. High tile priority makes him the equivalent of a guy with a target painted on his forehe...hm. Okay yeah.

Anyhow I know he has that so he can even hope to get a kill and place tiles but he suuuuuuuuucks. Its not like you can't destroy tiles once placed anyhow to end buffs. Plus every single piece of art he has sucks. What a turd excuse for one of the more interesting powers and personalities in Marvel. The ability to never miss a shot and the attitude of killing is fun because of that made him great in comics. In MPQ he's just a tool to get into nodes. Like Doc Ock and Beast.

Dalek

LOL.
Yeah I just played him in Deadpool's event. High tile priority makes him the equivalent of a guy with a target painted on his forehe...hm. Okay yeah.

Anyhow I know he has that so he can even hope to get a kill and place tiles but he suuuuuuuuucks. Its not like you can't destroy tiles once placed anyhow to end buffs. Plus every single piece of art he has sucks. What a turd excuse for one of the more interesting powers and personalities in Marvel. The ability to never miss a shot and the attitude of killing is fun because of that made him great in comics. In MPQ he's just a tool to get into nodes. Like Doc Ock and Beast.

He is SO SPECIFIC about his use-and that use isn't even worth bringing him.

zulux21

random news time

Vs point system changing basically points will be 50% more (in both cases where you are gaining them or losing them) and attacking someone who hit you will in general be a horrible idea

there is a new spiderman coming... likely 4 star (I say likely because it's not clearly confirmed if it's a new spiderman or if classic is being replaced by original)
7NL3lFq.jpg

shaowebb

random news time

Vs point system changing basically points will be 50% more (in both cases where you are gaining them or losing them) and attacking someone who hit you will in general be a horrible idea

there is a new spiderman coming... likely 4 star (I say likely because it's not clearly confirmed if it's a new spiderman or if classic is being replaced by original)

Bought time honestly. He's one of marvel's top name draws and he has one joke version in the game and one meh version who pretty much does nothing but stun, shield and heal. Kind of hard to win on pure defense. Looking forward to seeing a spidey with actual OFFENSE.

Here's hoping they keep it up and go Spiderverse to keep playing with stuff. I hope to see an iron spider. You watch Doc Ock have a gold star version that is Superior Spiderman lol.

Spoit

Yeah, this last couple weeks I pulled a PX and SL, both in the only colors of them I don't have maxed

If you guys want some Spider-verse mobile goodness, I'd suggest playing Spider-Man Unlimited. It's been my primary game for weeks.

Spider-Man Unlimited
I was playing that for a good while, then they stopped updating the Windows Phone version so I stopped. Now I have an Android so I just got back into it within the last week. Had to start over :(

Solid game, though.

zulux21

Anyone know whether or not there are good drops in the gauntlet this week?

it's like any gauntlet, you would be better off going and finding a temp job for a few hours and using that money on HP/ISO than actually going through the gauntlet for rewards :p

mreddie

D3 sent me that if the facebook save isn't connecting to the account, I might need to replay the entire first chapter first and play a PVP and have it the same name as the original account. It's tedious as hell.

Ugggghhh, Future Fight and Contest of Champions doesn't give me this problem and yet, this game does.

NineH

it's like any gauntlet, you would be better off going and finding a temp job for a few hours and using that money on HP/ISO than actually going through the gauntlet for rewards :p

LOL. The Gauntlet is kicking my ass right now and I am only on Simulation 30. Level 241 She Hulk, Scarlet Witch and Cyclops is a bitch. I refuse to boost or Whales right now because if it's this bad this early, the later ones are going to be so much worse. If I eat another Full Blast from Cyclops, i'm going to cry. She Hulk's AP drain and Scarlet Witch's constant 5 match purples are also dang annoying. I've wiped out my whole 3 star roster twice now so I don't know how much more I can take before resorting to using boosts or Whales.

shaowebb

LOL. The Gauntlet is kicking my ass right now and I am only on Simulation 30. Level 241 She Hulk, Scarlet Witch and Cyclops is a bitch. I refuse to boost or Whales right now because if it's this bad this early, the later ones are going to be so much worse. If I eat another Full Blast from Cyclops, i'm going to cry. She Hulk's AP drain and Scarlet Witch's constant 5 match purples are also dang annoying. I've wiped out my whole 3 star roster twice now so I don't know how much more I can take before resorting to using boosts or Whales.

Huh...I actually power leveled my She Hulk in anticipation of making that team and pairing it with various folks. I keep wanting to run She Hulk/Scarlet Witch/Daredevil for the sheer fuck you overishness of it. Feels like it lacks too much armor even if Daredevil + She Hulk is the tile placer blockade of annoyance.

Ape

Banned
Since I've been leveling up my characters past 94 (transitioning out of 2 star) and have a bunch of heroes over 100, the game seems to be much more difficult. I regret not keeping my characters fully covered and just leveled at 94 tbh

Since I've been leveling up my characters past 94 (transitioning out of 2 star) and have a bunch of heroes over 100, the game seems to be much more difficult. I regret not keeping my characters fully covered and just leveled at 94 tbh

Once you get a team of good 166s (or even 114-127s) you will change your tune. I went through the same thing but it was worth it.

Dalek

yeah it's rough. I'm in that spot now too. I have bunch around the 115-120 level.

Dalek

Wow whatever changers they made to PVP are working in my favor. I'm at around 700 points and I never get this many points.

Spoit

Aaaaaand done. I probably screwed my scaling for the next month by using so much GSBW/PX, but it was just so dumb at that point. 20k+ health. Per person. With moves that are basically ohkos

NineH

Aaaaaand done. I probably screwed my scaling for the next month by using so much GSBW/PX, but it was just so dumb at that point. 20k+ health. Per person. With moves that are basically ohkos

Were all your essential nodes 395 guys? Mine were only 340ish with the final simulation 42 node being 395 characters. If Deadpool was usable, I just Whaled them because no way would I be able to kill those monster leveled characters fast enough.

Spoit

Were all your essential nodes 395 guys? Mine were only 340ish with the final simulation 42 node being 395 characters. If Deadpool was usable, I just Whaled them because no way would I be able to kill those monster leveled characters fast enough.

Yeah all of them after the first essential branch on the last sub were 395

I need a more diverse top-tier roster. Once LCap and LThor are down, I've basically got nothing to use against these tough matches.

NineH

I need a more diverse top-tier roster. Once LCap and LThor are down, I've basically got nothing to use against these tough matches.

I never thought of the combo of LCap and The Hood before this gauntlet but they did a lot of work for me. Using Intimidation to speed up LCaps countdown tiles was a godsend in many of the tough nodes.

I never thought of the combo of LCap and The Hood before this gauntlet but they did a lot of work for me. Using Intimidation to speed up LCaps countdown tiles was a godsend in many of the tough nodes.

I had no idea it even did that...I almost never use the Hood.

Thanks for the tip!

is it important to join an alliance?
If so does anyone have one they recommend?
It is helpful to have an alliance because you get extra iso and tokens which add up over time. There are two active GAF related ones: GAF-vengers and S.H.E.E.P. but they are both full at the moment. I think there was another one that became inactive. Several people have mentioned that they were looking for one, so perhaps there are enough to form another alliance. Are you new to the game or just now looking for more?

I've compiled a list of GAF members who've asked about an alliance since the Ultron event.

unrealist
Muz
DNF
TerminalDogma
AbsolutBro
akilshohen
UncleO

You guys might want to get together to make a new GAF alliance.

Dalek

I suggest the name "GAFvenders"

I just pulled my first Star Lord card. Not a big deal overall, but it had been bugging me that I haven't had one card of his.

I've compiled a list of GAF members who've asked about an alliance since the Ultron event.

unrealist
Muz
DNF
TerminalDogma
AbsolutBro
akilshohen
UncleO

You guys might want to get together to make a new GAF alliance.

GAFVengers has been at 19 daily participants for a couple of weeks. Any way to check if there's one person consistently not playing? Not to kick them out or anything, but to reach out and ask them if they're coming back.

I suggest the name "GAFvenders"

I just pulled my first Star Lord card. Not a big deal overall, but it had been bugging me that I haven't had one card of his.

I still don't have him. Pulled a pulsing gold this morning and actually hoped for him, but it was D3's cruel 1000HP bait and switch.

Dalek

GAFVengers has been at 19 daily participants for a couple of weeks. Any way to check if there's one person consistently not playing? Not to kick them out or anything, but to reach out and ask them if they're coming back.

I still don't have him. Pulled a pulsing gold this morning and actually hoped for him, but it was D3's cruel 1000HP bait and switch.

yeah I got my first gold out of a Taco Token in forever this morning-a Kamala cover, bringing me up to 1/1/1 with her.

zulux21

yeah I got my first gold out of a Taco Token in forever this morning-a Kamala cover, bringing me up to 1/1/1 with her.
i'd take that. I got my first gold in forever myself this morning and got a blue rags cover to go with the one I earned today...

yay *twirls finger*

still don't get how that is cruel. I'd take the 1khp any day of the week over any 4 star period even prof x.

I'm #20! Sorry! I'll come back starting today. I've been playing Destiny literally for a month straight. But this weekend I finally got my two alts above level 20 so I can pull back a little.

Sorry!!

Dalek

Yeah I was thinking about which 4 star I would like to use most of all-and I think Professor X is king. The others have their specific uses, but his powers are far and away the most advantageous.

still don't get how that is cruel. I'd take the 1khp any day of the week over any 4 star period even prof x.

It's cruel because I don't really want HP at this point. I'm at a comfortable 61 slots and have the HP to buy more if needed, but I'm not going to spend it on covers. It doesn't help that this is the third time in two weeks I've been "fooled"!

I would way, way rather have *** or **** cover to help finish out some of my "oh so close" characters. Case in point, I can't bring myself to level this guy until I can get him to 166.

Edit:
Magneto, Loki, Patch & Daken are all at 12/13 covers. I'm not sure why I refuse to level them and play at 153. It took so long to transition to a *** roster for me something about it just feels like a step backward. I have issues.

I'm #20! Sorry! I'll come back starting today. I've been playing Destiny literally for a month straight. But this weekend I finally got my two alts above level 20 so I can pull back a little.

Sorry!!

Don't worry! I wasn't trying to call you out or anything. Nobody needs to be playing this game every day-it's only if someone is gone for a really long time that it might start to make sense to fill the roster spot.

Top Bottom