• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

zulux21

yeah I got my first gold out of a Taco Token in forever this morning-a Kamala cover, bringing me up to 1/1/1 with her.

It's cruel because I don't really want HP at this point. I'm at a comfortable 61 slots and have the HP to buy more if needed, but I'm not going to spend it on covers. It doesn't help that this is the third time in two weeks I've been "fooled"!

I would way, way rather have *** or **** cover to help finish out some of my "oh so close" characters. Case in point, I can't bring myself to level this guy until I can get him to 166.
aren't 3 star covers like 1250 thus the 1k hp is almost a free cover of your choice on a 3 star?

I mostly would rather have the hp because I have no interest in leveling any 4 stars and the producers repeatedly justify my decision to just stay in 3 star land. oh if I build up my team you will just double the level of my enemies...

and oh yeah you need a crap ton more resources to level them up

and after you finally get a good 4 star leveled up... WE WILL NERF IT TO WEAKER THAN A THREE STAR MWA HA HA HA HA.

I will just continue to sit in happy 3 star land and slowly collect 4 stars that I will likely never lose. both my IW and xforce are getting up there in covers... but yeah i don't even play the events with the 4 stars really because it isn't worth it.

It's cruel because I don't really want HP at this point. I'm at a comfortable 61 slots and have the HP to buy more if needed, but I'm not going to spend it on covers. It doesn't help that this is the third time in two weeks I've been "fooled"!

I would way, way rather have *** or **** cover to help finish out some of my "oh so close" characters. Case in point, I can't bring myself to level this guy until I can get him to 166.

Edit:
Magneto, Loki, Patch & Daken are all at 12/13 covers. I'm not sure why I refuse to level them and play at 153. It took so long to transition to a *** roster for me something about it just feels like a step backward. I have issues.

Don't worry! I wasn't trying to call you out or anything. Nobody needs to be playing this game every day-it's only if someone is gone for a really long time that it might start to make sense to fill the roster spot.

No sweat! I didn't feel called out. Just felt neglectful on my own.

komarkaze

I feel dumb. I've been hammering away at the Gauntlet bc I want that Hulkbuster reward at the end. I unlock the last 3 nodes only to realize the final one requires Invisible Woman. Who I sold six months ago. Wah wah.

NineH

I wasted 60 bucks on Puzzle and Dragons tonight trying to get good monsters and failed spectacularly. To make myself feel better, I used up all my taco tokens in hopes of Iron Fist or Kamala Khan. I somehow managed to get her purple bringing her to cover max. That eases the sting of my bad rolls in PAD but not by much, as it's still $60 wasted.

NineH

Probably still more than you'd get by spending $60 in this game.

LOL. I've spent more than I care to admit on PAD but I've spent a grand total of 0 in this game. It helped a lot starting this game when it was only a month old. I can only imagine how much you might need to spend to compete if you entered nowadays.

LOL. I've spent more than I care to admit on PAD but I've spent a grand total of 0 in this game. It helped a lot starting this game when it was only a month old. I can only imagine how much you might need to spend to compete if you entered nowadays.

Agreed 100%

I think I have dropped 15-20 total on HP over 573 days played. Although the Deadpool Dailies must really be helping new players too...

zulux21

I wasted 60 bucks on Puzzle and Dragons tonight trying to get good monsters and failed spectacularly. To make myself feel better, I used up all my taco tokens in hopes of Iron Fist or Kamala Khan. I somehow managed to get her purple bringing her to cover max. That eases the sting of my bad rolls in PAD but not by much, as it's still $60 wasted.

that's nice.
I just keep getting blue rags covers with my tokens, got another one this morning. He is up to 4 now lol.

How the hell do I beat Kemala Khan, Doc Doom, and Cyclops? They're all level 238-ish. Clops blasts all my health away and they keep getting healed up by Khan.
W
T
F

NineH

How the hell do I beat Kemala Khan, Doc Doom, and Cyclops? They're all level 238-ish. Clops blasts all my health away and they keep getting healed up by Khan.
W
T
F

Kamala's healing is a bitch when she is boosted so high. Looking at your roster, you have a max LCap so you should use him with the Hood and maybe Captain Marvel. You can use Hood's Intimidation to speed up LCaps countdown tiles one turn which may be the difference since his red hits for 5700ish at the boosted level 240. I would use Captain Marvel because she would tank the black for the Hood as well as giving you some reds if her absorption activates. I would also boost to make sure you get LCap's Red and Blue going with Hood's Intimidation to help speed up the countdown tiles. Targeting Kamala first is going to be important since you dont want her healing so much.

shaowebb

Dorkin' around a little in the Gauntlet today.

Spiderman/Modern Hawkeye/C Mags

Premise is C Mags sets up 5 of a kind blue, triggers Hawkguy arrows, then you stun with the AP to force the opponent into having to eat the Hawkguy attack with no defense. Works well for Fudd teams with any NPC's. Slow to get goin sometimes, but its pretty Healthy because Spidey is nothing if not defense for your team and heals.

Verdict: Dull but doable. Works but its long.

Fun to mess around with new strategies though in this shitstain of an event.

Dalek

If you want a frustrating as hell team to fight against:

Deadpool
Kamala
Daken

They just keep healing. You try to attack Kamala and Deadpool jumps in front of her.

shaowebb

Replace spidey with KK's autoheal

I would but I just got my first KK yesterday. For now Spidey is the best defenser I got for the role. Honestly I want to see how Spiderman changes once he gets his patch that adds offense. I got a decent level to try him out on and enough covers to enjoy it if he ends up good.

Hope its worth the wait. He's been dull since the nerf. Here's hoping he ends up as fun as Hawkguy when he gained Skillshot.

Kamala's healing is a bitch when she is boosted so high. Looking at your roster, you have a max LCap so you should use him with the Hood and maybe Captain Marvel. You can use Hood's Intimidation to speed up LCaps countdown tiles one turn which may be the difference since his red hits for 5700ish at the boosted level 240. I would use Captain Marvel because she would tank the black for the Hood as well as giving you some reds if her absorption activates. I would also boost to make sure you get LCap's Red and Blue going with Hood's Intimidation to help speed up the countdown tiles. Targeting Kamala first is going to be important since you dont want her healing so much.

Holy crap! It worked. Lost Cap really early, but luckily he had gotten rid of KK and got some shields out with yellow. That protected us from Summon Demons and allowed Captain Marvel to pick away at the other two. Had a high level Sniper Rifle team up that was decisive, as well. Stressful, though!

Thanks for the help.

Spoit

I would but I just got my first KK yesterday. For now Spidey is the best defenser I got for the role. Honestly I want to see how Spiderman changes once he gets his patch that adds offense. I got a decent level to try him out on and enough covers to enjoy it if he ends up good.

Hope its worth the wait. He's been dull since the nerf. Here's hoping he ends up as fun as Hawkguy when he gained Skillshot.

I don't think that's a patch, I think that's a different character

Dalek

Just got another Luke Cage cover from a Heroic token.

feels-good-man-goat-squint-12883904505.jpg

zulux21

I don't think that's a patch, I think that's a different character

I think that is what it indeed sounded like, though he won't be released next. next seems to be pure anger in character form. (likely carnage)

it is noted directly in the fourms that if you use his red with KK in your party, his red will resolve first and than KK will heal the team some.

I can see this character being someone people go after though as it seems like a great defense to get people not to attack you unless they use a lot of health packs.

If you let me have 7 red you will take nearly 5k damage per team mate, likely more if some of my black triggered.

and if you use skills to kill me you will just take more damage from my team's matches as we both get strike tiles.

and if you use stuff to boost your defense or attack I will just blow it up for bonus damage.

I predict they will be nerfed by the end of august :p

Dalek

I basically don't use Sentry for this same reason. Why would I damage my own team when it takes forever to heal?

zulux21

I basically don't use Sentry for this same reason. Why would I damage my own team when it takes forever to heal?

I didn't mind sentry.
take him and two scrubs I don't care about into an annoying battle
explode sentry for the victory
go back to my main team :p

though he is pretty useless in his current state.

Spoit

Shield hops. Almost-suiciding to reduce scaling

And yeah, the problem with sentry is that even with all this self damage, he's still an inferior version of black panther

Blade/Cap/Cyclops is a good way to go. Keep Thor high.

In other news, I got the Quicksilver from Deadpool today, and got another cover from the Deadpool token. Not bad.

shaowebb

I didn't mind sentry.
take him and two scrubs I don't care about into an annoying battle
explode sentry for the victory
go back to my main team :p

though he is pretty useless in his current state.

I wonder...if you paired him with kamala Khan and Spiderman could it work? Whole tactic centers on Sentry, but the shields, health and stuns might make it work.
Anyone got a KK worth trying this with yet? Spidey is getting patched soon so no clue if I'll be able to attempt this properly later once I build KK.

zulux21

I wonder...if you paired him with kamala Khan and Spiderman could it work? Whole tactic centers on Sentry, but the shields, health and stuns might make it work.
Anyone got a KK worth trying this with yet? Spidey is getting patched soon so no clue if I'll be able to attempt this properly later once I build KK.

I wouldn't remotely bother trying.
my statement "though he is pretty useless in his current state." isn't a if he didn't do damage he wouldn't be bad or anything along those lines, it was completely a he is useless. he got hit with a nerf and like a lot of their nerfs went to far. not only does he still do damage to himself, but he does pitiful damage in general. There is absolutely no reason to use sentry when you can use a number of other characters with far better AOE damage without any damage drawbacks.

aka even if he didn't do damage to himself, I still don't know if I would bother using him much in his current state.

Spoit

Sentry is strictly inferior to BP. He literally does exactly the same thing for a couple less AP (though still the same number of matches), at the expensive of self damage

Spoit

Oh and spidey is bad too. You'd be much better off going with PX or cage for protect tiles, especially when paired with kk

shaowebb

Sentry is strictly inferior to BP. He literally does exactly the same thing for a couple less AP (though still the same number of matches), at the expensive of self damage

I wouldn't remotely bother trying.
my statement "though he is pretty useless in his current state." isn't a if he didn't do damage he wouldn't be bad or anything along those lines, it was completely a he is useless. he got hit with a nerf and like a lot of their nerfs went to far. not only does he still do damage to himself, but he does pitiful damage in general. There is absolutely no reason to use sentry when you can use a number of other characters with far better AOE damage without any damage drawbacks.

aka even if he didn't do damage to himself, I still don't know if I would bother using him much in his current state.

I know Sentry isn't good. Im just experimenting is all for teams that function for various stuff I have. I'm trying to figure out if this is a decent way to use Sentry if I'm at a node or something where I either am partnered with him or need him to play it. I could just pair a duo that functions and ride Sentry's health and the duo's damage to make it work but I like to keep stuff fresh with different things here and there. Besides I'm a fan of the character's early stuff and would like to use him on occassion for fun and something different since I'm keeping him. I don't always have to go for the best team. I'd like to play around with all the stuff I've earned occassionally.

zulux21

I know Sentry isn't good. Im just experimenting is all for teams that function for various stuff I have. I'm trying to figure out if this is a decent way to use Sentry if I'm at a node or something where I either am partnered with him or need him to play it. I could just pair a duo that functions and ride Sentry's health and the duo's damage to make it work but I like to keep stuff fresh with different things here and there. Besides I'm a fan of the character's early stuff and would like to use him on occassion for fun and something different since I'm keeping him. I don't always have to go for the best team. I'd like to play around with all the stuff I've earned occassionally.

see, I get that logic, and sort of wish I could follow that, but this game punishes you so much for trying to actually play all of the characters it doesn't seem remotely worth it.

oh you want to play all of our characters, well you have to first grind every event for covers to get enough covers to even use the characters, and then you have to grind everything in existence to get enough resources to partially level your characters at a rate slower than our scaling works so that if you try to use everyone you are just going to get owned because since you play so much our enemies obviously need to be super bad ass but since you have equally distributed resources into everything instead of min maxing you don't have a chance in hell to do anything thus you have to either go through weeks of hell while you lose to help adjust scaling or spend lots of money.

shaowebb

see, I get that logic, and sort of wish I could follow that, but this game punishes you so much for trying to actually play all of the characters it doesn't seem remotely worth it.

oh you want to play all of our characters, well you have to first grind every event for covers to get enough covers to even use the characters, and then you have to grind everything in existence to get enough resources to partially level your characters at a rate slower than our scaling works so that if you try to use everyone you are just going to get owned because since you play so much our enemies obviously need to be super bad ass but since you have equally distributed resources into everything instead of min maxing you don't have a chance in hell to do anything thus you have to either go through weeks of hell while you lose to help adjust scaling or spend lots of money.

Ehh...I hardly go in on things these days. Some PVE are fun and I'll do em. PVP gets assy quick though so I don't hit it nearly as hard. I dabble in the season bracket for team testing. Keeps the game full of new experiences and strategies and thats where its at its funnest honestly. I don't try and event or bracket grind with new stuff unless I found something well and truly fun that works which happens occassionally. Usually involving various She-Hulk or Daredevil stuff lol.

You can only end game so long before its a job. Thanks to dailies I don't sweat my covers too heavily. I gather the new stuff regular enough. I'm only really lacking 4 stars like Kingpin and Prof X plus Quicksilver at the moment. Outside of that I got covers to play what I want even if I lack enough to make full teams out of them all yet. Covers will come...I'd rather have fun and continue enjoying the rest of my stuff like I am now in the mean time. Its less stressful.

zulux21

Ehh...I hardly go in on things these days. Some PVE are fun and I'll do em. PVP gets assy quick though so I don't hit it nearly as hard. I dabble in the season bracket for team testing. Keeps the game full of new experiences and strategies and thats where its at its funnest honestly. I don't try and event or bracket grind with new stuff unless I found something well and truly fun that works which happens occassionally. Usually involving various She-Hulk or Daredevil stuff lol.

You can only end game so long before its a job. Thanks to dailies I don't sweat my covers too heavily. I gather the new stuff regular enough. I'm only really lacking 4 stars like Kingpin and Prof X plus Quicksilver at the moment. Outside of that I got covers to play what I want even if I lack enough to make full teams out of them all yet. Covers will come...I'd rather have fun and continue enjoying the rest of my stuff like I am now in the mean time. Its less stressful.
oh I backed off a while ago and do much the same, though I don't even bother with the 4 star game as it just feels so pointless and tedious lol.

most of my time is just spent on dailies anymore to get covers.

shaowebb

Yo daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn Carnage art looks NICE!

Passively puts attack tiles out for BOTH teams (thank god its not strike tiles like Patch...), attacks both teams, Pops tiles and gets bonus damage for special tiles (no AP yield).

Dude looks like could be pretty raw. Put a shield chucker out there to protect yourself and you pretty much shield yourself up and provide potential extra damage for his abilities. I'd say pair him with a Loki so as you fish for black you add damage. Then put either kamala out there to heal every time the Passive black fires off or get yourself someone like Falcon to lay tiles, up his damage and protect you. Definitely a dude I'd have to build a team to support him. Don't know If I could get him goin safely without someone covering my own ass from him on two fronts.

EDIT: aaaaaaaaand event is busted lol. Tried entering and it goes right back to select screen with no bracket for it loaded to play. I can't get in lol.

shaowebb

Okay event is fixed. Grinding begins now.
Except Kamala doesn't heal from passives.
I was unaware of this. My interest in her fades...GREATLY.

EDIT: And again I am just blown away at how great Carnage's art looks. I'll be playing this one in full just to have it in my collection for the art. This guy, Hulkbuster, Iron Fist, and Daredevil are by FAR my favorites.
sLXBe9g.jpg

Top Bottom