• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

These top 50 finishes are tough, especially across like 7 days. We'll see.

I did manage to top 800 pts in the PvP fairly easily, though. The road to the 10-pack is an easy one now.

shaowebb

im partial to iron fist, black panther, and... it really doesn't matter right now :p

THIS. My fist isn't even close to fully built and it doesn't matter. That damage is amazing. So much black fast and both place strike tiles. Once Ironfist is out of attacks needing black BP sweeps the rest. One of the best Duos out there.

zulux21

THIS. My fist isn't even close to fully built and it doesn't matter. That damage is amazing. So much black fast and both place strike tiles. Once Ironfist is out of attacks needing black BP sweeps the rest. One of the best Duos out there.

mine is getting there as my IF is 2/4/5 right now
the painful part is I am still missing a BP cover as he is 5/4/4 right now :/

zulux21

Mine are both kind of shitty. Makes me sad...

IF was the last character I went heavy on and got 1/1/1 from both the pve and pvp event because it was clear how useful he would be for the next X months before he got nerfed into nothingness.

I got lucky with some tokens after that, and have gotten 2 covers from dailies.

I expect we have a few more months with him before his purple is replaced with like 4 tiles and 1k damage with 12 plus black, and his attack tile is replaced with a 50 attack tile at max level and max cover >.>;

TimeKillr

So here's what I'm wondering...

I finished 9th in Heroic Juggernaut (yay, 3 free 3* Iron Man covers).

Now this new ISO-8 brotherhood event is kicking my ass - I'm sitting at 4k points doing exactly what I normally do while I see people in the same sub as me sitting at 13k points.

WTF is going on? I read this post about weird scaling, rubberbanding and such that makes you earn less points, and even though I've never had the 4* necessary to do all 3 bonus missions, I always have the 3* and the 2* to do them.

Typically those bonus missions give me close to 600 points when they're full, but this time they're giving me 340 when they're full, which really, *really* lowers my potential points.

Does anybody know why that could be? If I understand correctly, it might be because I grinded the shit out the juggernaut event (I wanted to see how high I could go) and the rubberbanding is hitting me hard, but I don't know.

shaowebb

Now this new ISO-8 brotherhood event is kicking my ass - I'm sitting at 4k points doing exactly what I normally do while I see people in the same sub as me sitting at 13k points.

WTF is going on? I read this post about weird scaling, rubberbanding and such that makes you earn less points, and even though I've never had the 4* necessary to do all 3 bonus missions, I always have the 3* and the 2* to do them.

Typically those bonus missions give me close to 600 points when they're full, but this time they're giving me 340 when they're full, which really, *really* lowers my potential points.

Does anybody know why that could be? If I understand correctly, it might be because I grinded the shit out the juggernaut event (I wanted to see how high I could go) and the rubberbanding is hitting me hard, but I don't know.

Not certain. For me the 3 xtra nodes aren't even worth as much as the last 4 regular nodes. What the hell...

komarkaze

Ever since I downloaded the new update yesterday, I can't even finish a match because the app always crashes on me. Anyone else experiencing this? I am using an iPhone 5C. I never had problems like this before.

Triz

Part of it is there is more competition when a new character is released. Lots more trying for Carnage when most people already had a max level IM.

komarkaze

Looks like the developers are aware there is a crashing bug with iOS devices, according to the new pop up announcement. They'll work on getting a fix released soon. Looks like I won't be able to get my Deadpool Daily Vision cover. :(

zulux21

Looks like the developers are aware there is a crashing bug with iOS devices, according to the new pop up announcement. They'll work on getting a fix released soon. Looks like I won't be able to get my Deadpool Daily Vision cover. :(

if you wine at support they might give you one anyways.
not that vision is all that impressive :p

TimeKillr

Part of it is there is more competition when a new character is released. Lots more trying for Carnage when most people already had a max level IM.

Yeah but regardless, it almost feels impossible to rack up those numbers - if they have all 3 characters, they have ONE extra stage they can do, and with the diminishing returns it's really insane how low you get very quickly.

Doesn't matter anyway, really. I'll still play, I just find it very strange.

zulux21

Yep. That's one of the reasons I don't try to be competitive in the PVE events. Too much going on to worry about timers and min/maxing my performance.

I just look at progression rewards vs placing rewards. in this case iron man is garbage tier (not a good character and I already have max enough covers for him) thus I only care about standing prizes, which means I might as well wait until there is 24-48 hours left before I join, which I think lines up when I don't have work next so that is good. I only care about getting a top 50 though as while carnage looks powerful I will not have full covers for him for 1-10 years and will not have the iso to level him up for 2-20 years so why bother lol.

I really enjoy the Heroic events with the set roster to use, as mine are pretty good all across the board.

I'm certainly not going to do well in this PvE, as I don't want to devote an entire week of my non-working hours to this game. If history serves as an example, I'll luck out with a Heroic token a week after Carnage is available.

That and I really enjoy my meteoric PvP rises. Though getting hit for a combined total of 226 points brought me down a notch or two.

zulux21

I really enjoy the Heroic events with the set roster to use, as mine are pretty good all across the board.

I'm certainly not going to do well in this PvE, as I don't want to devote an entire week of my non-working hours to this game. If history serves as an example, I'll luck out with a Heroic token a week after Carnage is available.

That and I really enjoy my meteoric PvP rises. Though getting hit for a combined total of 226 points brought me down a notch or two.

with how they are doing 4 stars anymore it doesn't really matter if you miss him.

the next event will require him but it will be a rerun of characters, likely an older character like lazy cap or something.

and then the event after that at most he will be required for one of three nodes or something thus missing him won't be a big deal.

Dalek

Just encountered a fucking annoying team in the simulator. Spider-Man, Professor X and Mohawk Storm. You can't do any damage.

shaowebb

Oh man I finally got to see 2/3rds of my goal team in action. Someone ran Groot/Iron Fist/Cyclops in the current PVP for the squirrel girl tokens. Knowing it was a near guaranteed loss I went in to see it in action.

No. Catching. This. Team.

Iron Fist and Cyclops flood the board with red/black so fast its insane and the damage is off the charts. Run a defensive strong arm in that team and it becomes a complete runaway. I'd intended for Luke Cage to be that character but I'm thinking Colossus would be best now since his yellow would keep them pretty untouchable, and since his tile priority should make it so that Cyclops doesn't get attacked. That or once again going for the C. Mags for his shields and to also gain a blue move that potentially rotates the board into more red matches for Cyclops to use.

Absolutely brutal team.

O_O How have you not used them together already? Pretty much its the end game duo to pair on any PVP...

For PvP, not counting the featured character, I tend to use Iron Fist with X-Force (Lv 180, with 4 in Surgical Strike). Build up my purples and blacks, then IF takes most out, exhausts the purple and X-Force cleans up with a black strike. Does the job.

Cyclops gets paired with Lazy Cap (who I have maxed) for some sweet, sweet shield tossing.

And then Thor gets paired with Blade, and they cover almost all the colours.

Then it starts to get kind of hazy, as I don't have any set pairings after those. I'll use Luke Cage when X-Force is in rough shape, or Thor for Cap, but those pairs are my current go-tos. It's a bit far from the days of Thor/Hulk all the time.

Triz

So I now have scarlet witch covers of 3/3/5. Is it time to start dropping ISO Into her or is she considered garbage? She's currently at about 120.

Dalek

Got my season ten pack and got one measly gold token-an Invisible Woman. If that's not a giant red flag to never spend HP on covers I don't know what is.

Spoit

Just encountered a fucking annoying team in the simulator. Spider-Man, Professor X and Mohawk Storm. You can't do any damage.

Bring one of the characters that scales up based on enemy special tiles: Carnage (yeah right), Daredevil, SG, or even (ugh) ock

zulux21

from the survey they sent out it seems like a quick match feature might be coming (a way to click a button to have your team auto battle someone else)

Dalek

from the survey they sent out it seems like a quick match feature might be coming (a way to click a button to have your team auto battle someone else)

Also it looks like they're considering doing away with the ability to upgrade your covers with HP.

zulux21

Also it looks like they're considering doing away with the ability to upgrade your covers with HP.

yeah I saw that, but it seemed really unlikely to happen unless there is a huge overhaul with the cover system in general.

I mean moving the requirement of getting covers to purely low chance tokens would likely result in a lot of whales swimming away.

shaowebb

Survey is up today on the game. Asks about if you could find players for the Age of Ultron stuff and whether or not you think the pay to upgrade an ability option should go away.

I like having the option, but its cost is too high. Sometimes you just can't get a cover and I throw my earned gold on stuff. Only time though was to get an extra Iron Fist cover. Not certain if it'd be replaced with a new option to net covers for specific dudes at will though.

Anyhow its 6 questions. Tell em what you think.

Also Teisatsu+Muscle is still annoying. Get a bad board loadout and you won't stop their strength in numbers in Deadpool daily. Had the worst loadout ever. They got that move and I couldn't launch anything but yellow powers with how it was setup. Muscle pretty well made the shield mean nothing. Once they got turn to smoke out it was just full on damage each turn. Was way too weak to take on Punisher, Cap. Marvel. BTW that team is interesting. Hit her and generate red for Punisher's instant kill ability. Usually she's dead but I was just too board screwed to do more than place tiles that game and it actually took out patch and Mags.

Shit tier luck vs Teisatsu Muscle will do that.

Going through my silver recruit tokens and HOLY FUCK KAMALA KHAN!

My first cover for her, so she has little power and no level but holy shit!

shaowebb

Oh yeah...I almost forgot, they were also asking if we liked the idea of adding auto play to the game.

Its a fulltime job otherwise so at this point yeah. I'd like that. Hopefully it lets you load up several teams.

So I'm feeling the need to bump up some of my characters. Are any of these legitimately worth bringing to 166?

PBVYjCI.jpg
YzzHosH.png
EjMJeMs.png
K0Y7vXH.png
2Ll4spb.png

Same question about bringing up to 153.

Finally....does anybody here have experience using either of these characters at their potential levels? Should I still be avoiding leveling them past 166 for scaling reasons?

Dalek

So I'm feeling the need to bump up some of my characters. Are any of these legitimately worth bringing to 166?

Finally....does anybody here have experience using either of these characters at their potential levels? Should I still be avoiding leveling them past 166 for scaling reasons?

Mohawk Storm is very powerful if you can protect her.

Dalek

I have her at 5g, 3y & 5b. Is her black the big benefit?

Yeah-I'll pair her with Falcon and Cap. Try to get to black and purple ASAP. Once falcon unloads his shields and she's unloads her attack tiles-you just try to make Yellow matches if you can-and Falcon will strengthen everything. It's awesome when you can pull it off. Sometimes you can't get the matches in time though.

Yeah-I'll pair her with Falcon and Cap. Try to get to black and purple ASAP. Once falcon unloads his shields and she's unloads her attack tiles-you just try to make Yellow matches if you can-and Falcon will strengthen everything. It's awesome when you can pull it off. Sometimes you can't get the matches in time though.

That's actually a great sounding combination! I never really consider options like that.

My Falcon is only 2/5/3 but it might be worth bringing him to 127 to try this. My 166 cap is not really part of my main team at this point so this could be good!

Dalek

That's actually a great sounding combination! I never really consider options like that.

My Falcon is only 2/5/3 but it might be worth bringing him to 127 to try this. My 166 cap is not really part of my main team at this point so this could be good!

It's a very powerful combination. Again-I throw Cap in to soak up some Red for his shield attack. Be sure not to use all his Blue on his stun attack-as Falcon can use Blue to disable enemy tiles.

zulux21

loki isn't really worth leveling past level 100, but he goes great with a max level patch and another character that can take the purple and black hits for loki (such as iron fist or daken)

if hood has his mana stealing skill maxed he is worth leveling.

loki isn't really worth leveling past level 100, but he goes great with a max level patch and another character that can take the purple and black hits for loki (such as iron fist or daken)

if hood has his mana stealing skill maxed he is worth leveling.

That's good to know about Loki. I know he's a (relatively) high rated character so I'll keep him where he is to protect him.

Sadly my Hood is 5/2/5 so his mana stealing is relegated to blue & purple.

Top Bottom