• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

Spoit

level mags patch and fury

I'd say DON'T level hood and loki, you really don't want them tanking as they die really easily to match damage alone

zulux21

level mags patch and fury

I'd say DON'T level hood and loki, you really don't want them tanking as they die really easily to match damage alone

I wasn't sure if the hood was the same case as loki but it would make sense (basically I wasn't sure if his other moves that do more damage were worth it as loki doesn't actually get stronger with level)

but yeah you want loki hidden, and a level 40 loki is just as powerful as a level 166 aside from hp and match damage so yeah... no reason to level him beyond 100 or so to protect him from quickly dying if you want someone else to tank for him.

but yeah for the daily quest I love taking loki, patch, iron fist.

iron fist makes sure I can get 11 black before the 1st round is over, and I can toy around and have patch absorb damage until I get 9 green and then strike and then trickery which makes 6 near 200 strength strike and protect tiles after trickery which basically makes the rest of the waves super easy, just keep matching purple black and green and make more strike tiles as needed, try to avoid using purple and black when you can as you can just strike with patch on the last round and then have IF murder everyone.

obviously if you don't have IF it doesn't work but tons of characters work great with patch and loki. (you only really care about green and black so anyone with a good other color move is great to bring along, especially if they protect loki. but since the first round of the daily cover quest is always bots you just have to make sure to throw patch in front when they are going to go off and loki should be fine. I liked daken for a long time since he also recovers hp like patch, and as you match green to strike with patch you get red strike tiles, and his blue move murders well on the last round.)

Level Hulk and Patch.

I feel like the only person in this thread that finds Hulk to be pretty bad and not worth using aside from on defense in pvp. His anger is good, but you need to take damage to get it going. his other moves aren't very good though as you have many better uses for red and green.

I mean don't get me wrong hulk has murderized me when I screw up with patch... but that is because anger was doing 800+ damage per tile and I put like 15 of them on the board because I just miss killing him lol.

Spoit

Loving all these opinions. What does Hulk do to patch?

Other way around, basically you do what zulux was describing, intentionally. The strike tiles multiply the negligible aoe damage from the black into a big hit, and with enemy strikes out, he angers trivially

zulux21

Other way around, basically you do what zulux was describing, intentionally. The strike tiles multiply the negligible aoe damage from the black into a big hit, and with enemy strikes out, he angers trivially

I do wish that i was recording when I screwed up horribly though.

it was magnificant as I was dead after like the third tile went off, but the game refused to let me end that way, I had to sit and watch the next 12 tiles go off and explode the board with green dropping crit tiles everywhere and killing me like 20 times over lol.

but yeah I imagine that could be useful to trigger on purpose, but with how health is done not sustainable thus why you use it to balance out scaling since that is based off damage you take and what not.

shaowebb

loki isn't really worth leveling past level 100, but he goes great with a max level patch and another character that can take the purple and black hits for loki (such as iron fist or daken)

if hood has his mana stealing skill maxed he is worth leveling.

Seconding this. Loki/Patch is great but max Loki likely isn't worth it. You really just shuffle to keep the board favorable, get cascades and use his black to net shields off of Patch's penalty tiles that are awarded to the other team.

Patch is worth leveling as well as Nick Fury. And honestly I feel Daredevil is too. He counterpicks tile placers which are popular, he doesn't interfere with most colors used for attacks and his red is not only a one shot if the enemy does it but a CHEAP way to net repeat huge damage and kills off a single fire if you pop it yourself (which I do). He's a good solid guy to toss in with solid duos like Loki/Patch or Iron Fist/Black Panther because he just sort of hangs out, puts tiles that are easy to pop and hurt folks out there, and occassionally stuns folks.

I think Daredevil can have whole teams built around him that work but he's a solid "extra" to toss between duos when you need a third. Especially if the enemy is wanting to use strike tiles.

zulux21

I just saw this too

*_____*
reading the forums I can confirm that 10 is the new 5.

apperently the health packs don't make them much money and they are worried about the limit causing players to burn out.

if this goes well they may take it a step farther... but I can't imagine them making it so you just heal after battle unless they do some major rehauls of characters as the high hp, damage yourself type characters will become broken if you don't need to worry about healing them.

zulux21

Bring back healing at level up!
bleh, just give me a way to turn patch/hulk/punisher covers into something else
I swear if there was no limit on covers my patch would be something like a 25/8/20 :/
my hulk would be like a 40/6/8 (green given away in the event plus the tokens liking me lol)

either way i need to remind myself that I need to stop using tokens in general. I've gotten lucky the last two times, but I don't keep very many 2 stars and they keep requiring them in events I play so I should stock up my tokens until an event shows up that I don't have that two star (though I have been saving my tacos until I get a better set of characters to pull from. I really would like to pull some more falcon covers as falcon + IF + daken is amusing :p

bleh, just give me a way to turn patch/hulk/punisher covers into something else
I swear if there was no limit on covers my patch would be something like a 25/8/20 :/
my hulk would be like a 40/6/8 (green given away in the event plus the tokens liking me lol)

either way i need to remind myself that I need to stop using tokens in general. I've gotten lucky the last two times, but I don't keep very many 2 stars and they keep requiring them in events I play so I should stock up my tokens until an event shows up that I don't have that two star (though I have been saving my tacos until I get a better set of characters to pull from. I really would like to pull some more falcon covers as falcon + IF + daken is amusing :p

I wish there was a way to trade covers, I rarely ever get any patch covers, it's always Ares/Johnny Storm/Storm/Astonishing Wolverine covers for me!

shaowebb

I wish there was a way to trade covers, I rarely ever get any patch covers, it's always Ares/Johnny Storm/Storm/Astonishing Wolverine covers for me!

If I could trade covers once to redraw and try for something else I would be extremely happy. That or be able to trade like 10 2 star draws for a 3 star draw or something.

shaowebb

Just went from 3000th-ish place in the PVP area to 172 in a short while after finally bothering to play. Puts me at 112 overall in the season. Lots of high point yield teams right now and Loki/Patch/C. mags is stripping the thing. Plus backup team of Iron Fist/ B. Panther/ Modern Hawkguy is amazing as well. So fast with the damage lol.

Just idling away.

zulux21

to be fair you listed a bunch of 2 stars >.>
I ignore any 1/2 stars I get and don't count them as getting them because they are merely iso.

edit: it was actually a tough call if I wanted to get a top 50 for a worthless carnage cover or if I wanted to not get that far and just get a potentially useful mags cover... in the end I got carnage lol
SVdyeIX.png

Spoit

I...uh....ignore most of the 3*s, and really, like half the 4*s for ISO too. I think this HB is the first 1k cover in a while I could actually use

shaowebb

Neat. Just pushed to 7th in season XV and it puts me at 44 overall. This doesn't take long at all. Think I'll just push my season from here on since the Prodigal Son event is pretty much just iso and promises higher drop rates for Carnage. Not a lot of incentive there honestly and I'm getting through points fast considering yesterday I was like 3000th-ish in the season.

Dispatch

Okay, so I just bought a new iPad and have a question. Will the games continue to sync with my phone, or will that end up causing an issue?

TimeKillr

Okay so quick question... I'm unsure as to what to focus on or level or whatever.. I'm mostly PvE (I'm not a big fan of PvP, and I really don't have the makings of a good team, imo).

This is what I have -

4*
0/2/0 Carnage
0/2/0 Star-Lord
1/1/0 Invisible Woman
1/1/0 Thor, Goddess of Thunder
1/0/0 Electka
0/1/0 Kingpin

3*
3/1/5 Deadpool lvl 117
3/3/2 Iron Man Model 40 lvl 94
2/1/2 Classic Magneto lvl 66
2/2/1 Mystique level 66
0/4/0 She-Hulk (ugh, 4 in a single power) lvl 63
2/2/0 Hulk lvl 63
0/3/0 Vision lvl 63
2/1/1 Loki lvl 55
1/2/1 Scarlet Witch lvl 55
0/1/2 Classic Daken lvl 53
0/1/2 The Hood lvl 53
2/0/0 Daredevil lvl 50
1/1/1 Colossus lvl 45
1/1/1 Classic Human Torch lvl 45
1/0/1 Doom lvl 43
1/1/0 Kamala Khan lvl 43
0/1/1 Luke Cage lvl 43
1/1/2 GS Black Widow lvl 40
0/1/2 Gold Cap lvl 40
1/2/0 Punisher lvl 40
2/0/0 Modern Captain Marvel lvl 40
0/2/0 Psylocke lvl 40
0/2/0 Modern Thor lvl 40
1/1/1 Gamora lvl 40
1/1/1 Spiderman classic lvl 40
1/0/1 Black Panther lvl 40
1/0/1 Cyclops lvl 40
1/1/0 Ragnarok lvl 40
1/1/0 Mohawk Storm lvl 40
0/1/0 Beast lvl 40
1/0/0 Doc Ok lvl 40
1/0/0 Quicksilver lvl 40
0/1/0 Squirrel Girl lvl 40

2*
5/5/3 Black Widow lvl 94
4/4/5 Bullseye lvl 94
4/4/5 Captain Marvel lvl 94
4/4/5 Magneto lvl 94
5/3/5 Thor lvl 94
5/5/3 Wolverine lvl 44
5/3/5 Human Torch lvl 33
5/4/4 Storm lvl 22
4/4/5 Ares lvl 15
3/5/5 Captain America lvl 15
4/4/5 Daken lvl 15
3/5/5 Hawkeye lvl 15
4/5/4 Moonstone lvl 15

I realize I have a ton of characters, but my 3*s are kinda shit in that the one with the highest amount of covers is Deadpool. Either that, or I'm missing covers to powerlevel them (I would love Thor with all 3 covers, would make doing the daily mission for 3* cover much, MUCH simpler as now it's really not guaranteed).

My teams basically consist of using whatever I can for PvE event then filling up holes with either Thor, OBW if it's 3 mooks or Captain Marvel for black coverage, but otherwise I'm kinda stumped.

For dailies, I use maxed out Iron Man/Black Widow/Storm for 1*, Thor/OBW/Captain Marvel for 2*, then for the required character I typically do <character>/Thor/OBW and for cover mission I do Thor/OBW/Captain Marvel. I love that team as it works well for that (basically just build up RYGB for Thor and Captain Marvel for waves 2/4 and use OBW's power to control enemy tiles and drain their tiles) but it's sometimes a complete crapshoot for the cover mission - there's times where I get annihilated by the first wave, for example. So what should I do?

Do NOT level any more 3 stars past 100 until you have several that are fully or mostly covered. Other than that, just play events that award hp and tokens.

mreddie

Been MIA due to family things, missed out on the E3 conferences. I should be back tonight, just waiting for the plane. Any new characters in the pipeline?

Spoit

Is that actually confirmed? I thought I read somewhere that this is sort of an urban legend?

Kinda sorta. That "debunking" was 100% Bullshit though, going in with a hacked account and showing that not playing doesn't change the levels doesn't prove anything

TimeKillr

Kinda sorta. That "debunking" was 100% Bullshit though, going in with a hacked account and showing that not playing doesn't change the levels doesn't prove anything

Has D3 or Demiurge ever said anything on the matter?

I'm just curious, I don't understand why they would do that - it'd be a pretty strange way to scale up content since it discourages you from playing with your other characters quite a bit.

zulux21

it's coming.... it's coming. we will have to band together again (not 100% sure when as oscorp should be going on june 22nd)

Upcoming PVE events:
- Episode 1 / Unstable ISO 8
- Episode 2 / The Hunt
- Ultron event, Wolverine / Cage / Vision / Spider-Man / Panther nodes (may contain regular Avengers too!)

I think we should better prepare for Ultron event running concurrently with regular PVE's, and it may break the character release pace as usual.........

you know unless we don't want ant man (assumed reward for the next ultron event) then we don't have to band together :p

mreddie

it's coming.... it's coming. we will have to band together again (not 100% sure when as oscorp should be going on june 22nd)

you know unless we don't want ant man (assumed reward for the next ultron event) then we don't have to band together :p

Are we getting the band back together?

zulux21

heh... despite me talking to someone about MPQ yesterday, booting up my game to show off my team, and the fact I have a morning ritual to play this game while waking up... I somehow didn't do my deadpool stuff yesterday.

I don't think it's a big deal as it should have been someone I didn't care about such as black widow, but still it's just weird I didn't play and get my log in bonus because I was sure I had lol.

edit: gah... but clearly I am not awake enough to not double post right now... my bad ><;

Top Bottom