• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

zulux21

antman for future ultron basically confirmed
likely a 4 star.

ant man details.
Offensive special tiles, damage dealing, stealing, in a fun, but not always reliable way. Will tell more later! (after few data-updates)

TimeKillr

Heh, so I decided to figure fuck it, I'll max 2 people.

I maxed Hulk and Black Panther. Hooooly shit. My team right now is Hulk/Black Panther/GSBW.

Black Widow feeds Hulk like crazy, has a pretty good red power to clear out enemy tiles and Black Panther is just insanely OP. DDP was too stupid - I just built up 30 yellow, then on wave 2 I popped all 3.

780 x 3 = 2340 extra on each single match. One shot of his black power does something like 6k aoe damage, then the rest is just single matches to victory. It's patently absurd. If there's anything left, Hulk takes care of it with 30 green ap in seconds.

I'm amazed at the power of maxed 3*, really.

NineH

Now try to use that against 3 enemies with 20k health each that do like 8k with 6 AP

Oh god, you're bringing back horrible memories of the Gauntlet. I am always glad using my deadpool points on horribly unfairly leveled Juggernauts.

Spoit

Oh god, you're bringing back horrible memories of the Gauntlet. I am always glad using my deadpool points on horribly unfairly leveled Juggernauts.

Nah, juggs and ares get that high in the mid-200s. the gauntlet is 30k, maybe 40k?

But still waaaaaaaaay easier, since you only need to do it once

I fell out of this game hard. I can't even bother to get the daily prizes most times, much less the Deadpool Dailies. I think the Ultron thing sucked me in because it was something slightly different from the rest. Have they announced anything cool on the way? I don't think I can bother to play the same story modes again and again.

zulux21

new character should be in next pve (order in image to follow)
ant man should be in the ultron event
jeLIxtd.png

I actually don't have any info on what the new character should be in the next event.

Ok, I've got a player who stopped playing with no communication, so there is room for one person in S.H.E.E.P. if someone needs an alliance for Ultron. Let me know if interested.

Edit: spot is filled now

So I just started this game. Is it even worth getting in to? All I do is get kicked out of alliances after contributing points. What is the strategy for getting around roster limit early game and what should I be working towards?

So I just started this game. Is it even worth getting in to? All I do is get kicked out of alliances after contributing points. What is the strategy for getting around roster limit early game and what should I be working towards?
You should be using HP for roster slots only. Play through all of the dark reign story events that give HP or tokens. Then start playing the other PVE events to earn more iso and tokens. Try to focus first on at least two of the following: Ares, Daken, Thor, Wolverine, Original Black Widow. Also keep Classic Storm and Marvel now Magneto.
Once you have those, you will be able to build from there.

zulux21

so it seems my info was off. Oscorp is coming but doesn't seem to have a new character and ultron seems to be starting in 12 hours, no clear character reward (as it's not part of the progression stuff) but ant man should be the reward from it.

Ant-Man hops on the back of Anthony and leads a swarm of winged ants into the enemy's base. Creates ??? Drop tiles in the top 2 rows. If one reaches the bottom row, remove all Drop tiles and steal up to ??? Green, Red, Yellow, Black, Purple & Blue AP from the enemy. While these tiles are on the board, this power becomes Grow. (Green, Red, Yellow + cover upgrades)

Ant-Man uses Pym Particles to shrink down and cause pint-sized chaos. Creates a Purple Trap tile. While it's on the board, it creates ??? strength ??? Purple Attack tiles each turn. This power becomes Grow.

Ant-Man leaps towards his enemy, restoring himself to full-size in midair to deliver a haymaker. Remove all Ant-Man Drop & Trap tiles, and deal ??? damage to the target. This power becomes Small Time Crooks / Pym Particles.

Ant-Man commands an army of ants to swarm his foes, biting them all over. Creates ??? ???-turn Red Countdown tiles that each create a strength ??? Yellow Strike tile. (PASSIVE) At the beginning of each turn, deal ??? damage for each Ants! Ants! Ants! countdown tile.

note: if ant man isn't the reward for ultron it will likely be a different new character with ant man being the reward for a second run though no second run has been confirmed at this time.

I just joined the iso PvE with 8 hours to go and got a nice bracket. Currently #16. Would be higher, but I only have one of the essential characters.

Boo, I'm sitting at 6th place, a few thousand away from 5th and I hit the nodes too hard last night, so I can't make up the ground in 20 min (or at all). Will have to settle for 2 Carnage covers.

TimeKillr

How do you guys grab up ISO-8?

I'm severely starved for it, and while I do all deadpool dailies and try to grab as much from events as I can, I'm still pretty low.

What can I do about this?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

I'm severely starved for it, and while I do all deadpool dailies and try to grab as much from events as I can, I'm still pretty low.

That's it. Keep putting in work.

zulux21

only use iso on characters you are actively using, and stockpile the rest to use to level up people for events that you need.

zulux21

im likely not going to go crazy on this ultron run, just enough to get the progression HP to use on the single 50hp token per day

zulux21

It's vision and CM right? I wouldn't waste your HP on those.

it's vision and CM with an increased chance (barely increased) have a small chance on other things still undecided if I will waste hp in general but it's not like I use hp on anything but slots.

Anybody have an open slot in their alliance? I can't say that I'd contribute a lot since I just started the game but I have a few two and three stars now and I'd at least contribute more than someone who doesn't play anymore or nobody.

Spoit

it's vision and CM with an increased chance (barely increased) have a small chance on other things still undecided if I will waste hp in general but it's not like I use hp on anything but slots.
Tokens are a trap. Even with the last ultron run, which was pretty much all the featured boosts being used on top tier characters, they were like 1/4 the HP efficiency of just saving to buy covers. And that was with the improved 10/42 pack odds.

The 1 pull odds are a bad joke

zulux21

Tokens are a trap. Even with the last ultron run, which was pretty much all the featured boosts being used on top tier characters, they were like 1/4 the HP efficiency of just saving to buy covers. And that was with the improved 10/42 pack odds.

The 1 pull odds are a bad joke
but they make me feel like a winner the rare time I win :p

Triz

Out of 8 Ultron tokens so far. First was Iron Fist that I needed. 6 2 star garbage and I just pulled a black Hulkbuster. Will not spend the 50hp to buy tokens as they aren't juiced up like they were last time with scarlet witch.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So I'm having fun with this game, but I had a few questions...

1) Should I play missions to get all the rewards early on?
2) Can you get rewards multiple times (hero cover, HP, etc)?
3) Does the game rely heavily on making IAP?

zulux21

So I'm having fun with this game, but I had a few questions...

1) Should I play missions to get all the rewards early on?
2) Can you get rewards multiple times (hero cover, HP, etc)?
3) Does the game rely heavily on making IAP?

1) play the story early on and collect rewards.
2)you can only get each reward once but each mission has multiple rewards.
3) IAP only matter if you put down thousands upon thousands of dollars, I don't do any and I participate just fine in events. it's more dependent on you selling your soul to the game to grind grind GRIND!!!!!!! so that you can get iso and hp and place higher in events so that you can move from 1 star heroes to 2 star heroes so you can feel like you are more powerful but now you are facing more powerful enemies and are actually weaker so you need three star heroes which requires you to place well so you have to grind to place well so you can get three star covers so you can get more powerful and as they start becoming useful BOOOOOOOOOOOM WALL where you stop to a crawl because enemies just shot up in power, so you crawl and crawl and crawl to build your three star team and finally gain power and start playing around with 4 stars and cry when your roster is usless because everything is scaled so high, and cry as you watch the new players constantly rank higher than you because they have easier scaling and yeah.....

tl;dr IAP isn't all that important as return to money spent is pitiful, competing is important (though abusing the scaling is more important)

Spoit

1) play the story early on and collect rewards.
2)you can only get each reward once but each mission has multiple rewards.
3) IAP only matter if you put down thousands upon thousands of dollars, I don't do any and I participate just fine in events. it's more dependent on you selling your soul to the game to grind grind GRIND!!!!!!! so that you can get iso and hp and place higher in events so that you can move from 1 star heroes to 2 star heroes so you can feel like you are more powerful but now you are facing more powerful enemies and are actually weaker so you need three star heroes which requires you to place well so you have to grind to place well so you can get three star covers so you can get more powerful and as they start becoming useful BOOOOOOOOOOOM WALL where you stop to a crawl because enemies just shot up in power, so you crawl and crawl and crawl to build your three star team and finally gain power and start playing around with 4 stars and cry when your roster is usless because everything is scaled so high, and cry as you watch the new players constantly rank higher than you because they have easier scaling and yeah.....

tl;dr IAP isn't all that important as return to money spent is pitiful, competing is important (though abusing the scaling is more important)
(which is kind of funny, because that's what you guys keep pointing out about yourselves compared to my scaling :p)

zulux21

(which is kind of funny, because that's what you guys keep pointing out about yourselves compared to my scaling :p)

well I tried to finish the whole cycle up through a 4 star team :p

I am just going to contently stay in 3 star world and post my top 10 400 point pvp rankings :p

edit: we should get a video from the creators of the game in the next 48 hours that will likely detail increased 4* releases, increased $* drop rates in tokens and likely the vault (which I haven't been paying enough attention to to actually know what it is lol)

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Thanks for the description. So if I choose to spend money, it will be on slots. Thanks! I got a few 3* guys early on (Iron Fist, Wolverine, and Beast from the last event). Those 3* dudes are ridiculous compared to my little 1* guys.

zulux21

Thanks for the description. So if I choose to spend money, it will be on slots. Thanks! I got a few 3* guys early on (Iron Fist, Wolverine, and Beast from the last event). Those 3* dudes are ridiculous compared to my little 1* guys.

hands down you should only ever spend HP on slots. when you have 40+ slots and a couple thousand hp you can start to think about spending it on other things :p

Yeah, Ultron kicked my ass just a minute ago.

In other news, new 4-star is The Thing. Y/G/R like the male Thors. Goes to the top 100, though, not just top 50 like most 4 stars.

zulux21

Yeah, Ultron kicked my ass just a minute ago.

In other news, new 4-star is The Thing. Y/G/R like the male Thors. Goes to the top 100, though, not just top 50 like most 4 stars.

thing stats

also no more tacos come sunday or at least drastic changes with the new vault thing.
Changes
-Revamped Shield Sim to include more 3*'s and ISO plus 4* at the end
-Goon tile damage reduced (except on tile damage abilities)
-PVP Loaner will have 1 of each cover
(not sure if it's 1/1/1 or if each node has a different cover like we're recently seeing)

Increased ways to earn a 4*
-2000 pts in Shield Sim
-1300 pts in PVP (1000pts remains)
-T100 for new release
-Possibly from the new Vault

Vault Details
-Released 6/28/15
-New ways to use Tacos: Take item out of vault, can reset vault (1000HP)
-300 rewards to collect
-Rotates every 5-days
-Health pack awards includes

Sounds interesting, can't wait for Sunday. I am glad the devs are starting to address some of our concerns. Thank you!

W: Cool. Ahh, uhh, uhh, I wanted to give you a little more detail too about something we told you was coming in the last uhh- the last video. Um, which is, uh which we're calling the Vault. Umm, you're gonna see this for the first time in Deadpool Daily on Sunday the 28th of this month, so right after the start of Season 16. Uhh, it's ahh it's a new way to get covers. It's gonna replace the usual store page, um so, we're gonna need to splice in a little bit of video that wil show you- show you what that looks like. Um but basically when you go to s- the store page for the event, you're gonna see uhh a list of - a list of covers. Um, and after you're - you redeem a token or you purchase one of those packs, umm you'll- you'll pull one of those things out of the Vault umm and then it'll be uhh it'll be gone from the Vault. It'll get a little check mark next to it, so that means if you're trying to pull the really exciting wuh-three, four stars that'll be in there, umm y- if you didn't get it the first time you're more and more likely to get it until you finally get it. Uhh other...other details about that uhhh, there's - that Vault rotates every five days with a new, uh, every time Deadpool Daily rotates.

M: Yep.

W: Ummm eeee fuhhh...

M: Yeah, so this is- this is gonna replace uhh where you used to spend Taco tokens.
[Nice save, Miles! - Bluey]

W: Exactly, yeah, taco tokens do this new thing instead. Uhh if you already got all the awesome things out of the vault and there's a bunch of other things in the vault that you don't want you could also spend hero points to reset the vault, redraw a new uh random collection of characters that you can try to go after. Um, there's also uhh just like the- the taco tokens is a little bit different from our regular tokens, these new vault tokens have a whole bunch of stuff in there. There are some big Iso-8 prizes and a- a big hero points prize...a bunch of 250 hero points prizes, uh, health packs-

M: Yeah, health packs, that's what I was gonna say.

W: So this this like this vault is different from any other- any other packs in the game and uhh we're interested in hearing what you think about it.

M: Cool. Ahh I think that's everything?

W: Yeah.

M: Yeah? So thanks for watching and uhh, and here's some video of uhh of the Vault.
video this is from

So I was able to get another three slots after the Oscorp event and ended up with a top 10 finish to get three Gamora covers + one that I pulled from a pack.

I still have one slot left but several characters in the queue: Can you guys help me figure out who to add for the last slot and maybe who I should just sell from my roster?

Have:
Gamora (3)
Wolverine Patch (3)
Daredevil (3)
Iron Fist (3)
Kamala (3)
Luke Cage (3)
Black Widow Original (2)
Hawkeye Modern (2)
Cap (2)
Captain Marvel (2)
Human Torch (2)
Bullseye (2)
Daken (2)
Black Widow
Juggernaut
Iron Man

In my queue 1 cover each:
Thor (2)
Storm (2)
Ares (2)
Moonstone (2)

Any help is much appreciated!

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I'm tempted to throw money at this game so I can open up more slots. Playing the PvE stuff is quite fun. The PvP stuff is annoying, but I've also just started and am behind.

Question on these 2 and 3* heroes...How do I upgrade them? Since I don't intend to recruit with HP, is it just luck from events?

TimeKillr

I'm super curious to see what this Vault thing is like.

It seems they massively lowered the price of pulls (the video shows 5k HP to pull 42 from the Vault, compared to the 16k it is right now?) but they put in crap in it like health packs, so who knows? Also at 300 slots each week, it's kinda crazy how it's almost impossible to pull everything from it unless you spend a LOT of money, but I guess people have zero incentive to spend money now so this is where they're going...

shaowebb

So I was able to get another three slots after the Oscorp event and ended up with a top 10 finish to get three Gamora covers + one that I pulled from a pack.

I still have one slot left but several characters in the queue: Can you guys help me figure out who to add for the last slot and maybe who I should just sell from my roster?

Have:
Gamora (3)
Wolverine Patch (3)
Daredevil (3)
Iron Fist (3)
Kamala (3)
Luke Cage (3)
Black Widow Original (2)
Hawkeye Modern (2)
Cap (2)
Captain Marvel (2)
Human Torch (2)
Bullseye (2)
Daken (2)
Black Widow
Juggernaut
Iron Man

In my queue 1 cover each:
Thor (2)
Storm (2)
Ares (2)
Moonstone (2)

Any help is much appreciated!

Dump Bullseye. He's about worthless. Even his Dark Avengers 2 star sucks. As a fan of the character believe me when I say I've tried, but no. He sucks. Out of the queue Thor and Ares get the most mileage. Moonstone is pretty specialized so shes extremely hit or miss and Storm is a glass canon no matter what level you play her on. Overall Thor for the ability to trigger your Modern Hawkeye's arrows in 2 star nodes as well as his general ability to be a durable battery that is frequently buffed for events. Ares for pure kill power if you lack that right now at your current level. Both should be had at low to mid level and for various events IMO.

Top Bottom