• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

Those unlocks are individual. I already got my red Vision. The alliance unlocks are to unlock the Ultron Prime events-the last 3 of which net you a Captain Marvel.

Really? I thought the second event was based on alliance performance.

Oh wait-I said Vision didn't i? I meant captain marvel sorry. Don't have her maxed yet.

zulux21

Really? I thought the second event was based on alliance performance.

Oh wait-I said Vision didn't i? I meant captain marvel sorry. Don't have her maxed yet.

we are close but only if everyone tries will we get it... I am goofing around with it but I am running out of stuff to do.

Dalek

I used up most of my health packs trying to rank high enough in the black vortex event so that I can rank high enough to get a patch cover. I already have Captain Marvel all decked out so I need more patch

zulux21

I used up most of my health packs trying to rank high enough in the black vortex event so that I can rank high enough to get a patch cover. I already have Captain Marvel all decked out so I need more patch

that's fine, patch is the better character anyways (though his cover can go burn in hell -_- as in he is easily over 50% of the 3 star covers I have thrown away lol)

it will be sad if we miss the marvel cover by 5 kills though (which is where we are at either 5 or 6 kills)

edit: 1.5 kills away now

zulux21

I just got a Rage of the Panther card from a standard token. My face was like O_____O

i need one of those :/

i haven't been redeeming my tokens though, as I know the next pve i care about will require some crappy 2* I don't actually have thus I will open them all when I need that crappy 2*

The Vault is weirding me out. Is it just listing all possible pulls, and when I have gotten the few that I need I will be required to spend HP to reset it?

The Vault is weirding me out. Is it just listing all possible pulls, and when I have gotten the few that I need I will be required to spend HP to reset it?
It just shows what you can get and whatever you pull is removed. This week is too sentry heavy for me.

It also resets every 5 days.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm...alright with the Vault. Maybe I can get less goddamned 2-star Human Torches.

NineH

Seeing the odds of what you can pull in the Vault is putting me off from using my tokens. The chance to get a 4 star is so low that I liked not knowing the odds. 3/300 for a 4 star are horrible odds. The iso and hp prizes are okay but i'm sure i'll either get a 2 star or a health pack. Looks like I'll be stockpiling 300 tokens so I can at least guarantee a 4 star.

Seeing the odds of what you can pull in the Vault is putting me off from using my tokens. The chance to get a 4 star is so low that I liked not knowing the odds. 3/300 for a 4 star are horrible odds. The iso and hp prizes are okay but i'm sure i'll either get a 2 star or a health pack. Looks like I'll be stockpiling 300 tokens so I can at least guarantee a 4 star.
3/300=1% which is higher than most tokens that give four stars.

Dalek

Ohh right. That's a good idea. Wait til there's a 4 star you want and just spend all 300 tokens.

First two vault pulls were a 2 star torch and 1500 ISO.

Mine were 1500 ISO and a 2 star Cap.

zulux21

Ohh right. That's a good idea. Wait til there's a 4 star you want and just spend all 300 tokens.

Mine were 1500 ISO and a 2 star Cap.

you are assuming that you can stockpile them in any meaningful way.
it's quite possible they will have different named tokens for each set of characters resulting in like 8 different tokens meaning to get 300 of a single token would take you 1200 days (though it would really be christmas time then because every 5 days for 8 cycles you would get 300 tokens of each type :p)

beyond that they could just revert to older style taco tokens after the 5 days is up.

I haven't been able to find any confirmation one way or another if hoarding will work (thus I am gonna hoard mine for now)

I am not going to save for a 4 star I want though, i am gonna save for a 3 star I want to finish :p

When you're at the point where you are stockpiling 300 tokens, maybe you need to step back and think about why you're playing this game.

zulux21

When you're at the point where you are stockpiling 300 tokens, maybe you need to step back and think about why you're playing this game.

alright.
*steps back and thinks about why*

I am playing the game as I enjoy the puzzle aspects and it is a decent way to multitask while watching other things.

nope stockpiling tokens to try to get what I actually want in the game doesn't change that at all :p

zulux21

It just seems to suck any fun out of the game.

with how tokens have treated me for the last few months it would be way better to just take a vault every 5 months instead of using tokens daily to get nothing but 2 stars and health packs :p

I'd rather the vault reset once a month or so and just included all of the 3 star covers we normally would have had in taco tokens.

once every 5 days just means I will likely never get anything meaningful from the vault, especially since I am going to guess that all things don't have equal odds.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Is there a good list of "ideal builds" for a hero? I have a lot of covers I've not used for my 1 and 2* guys because I'm at the 3 point spot.

Spoit

people actually use their tokens? I'm sitting on more than 100 tacos because I can never use any of those 3* covers

zulux21

so after looking at this
FCWz57z.png

and at
I will likely burn my new taco tokens on july 8th when IF and KK are in the vault as IF is close to being finished for me, and KK is useful in general. (note that is assuming that info is correct)

zulux21

You should wait until the very end of the featured set to pull, since it has diminishing odds

or I could pull at the start of it, and just continue to pull until the end thus being able to use any rewards I will get from my stock piled tokens 5 days earlier if I get anything of use :p

You know you'll just get Doc Ock if you try that.

the 8th is khan, marvel, iron fist, iron man, and Ragnarok while it's possible doc ock would be one of my random extra 3* it's unlikely.

even then I would happily take doc ock over patch or punisher or hulk or black widow or daken.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
It's fun waking up to a new 3* from placing well in an event (particularly because I'm still new).

It's NOT fun trying to earn some points and having the enemy get the most insane skyfall combo ever and dealing nearly 5k damage to one shot you. :(

zulux21

But realistically, you'd be way better off waiting the month or two for it to cycle around a 2nd time

I would, but just waiting around forever is boring :p\

seems like community scaling may be going away.

Here's an update from Demiurge on Community Scaling:

The response has been overwhelmingly positive, so we're going to disable the difficulty adjustment system and continue to collect data on this change. This change will go into effect after The Hunt Story event concludes.

We want to run one additional test, rewarding a new character in a Story event, to make sure no unforeseen issues arise. If that goes well, we'll leave the system disabled permanently.

Thanks for all the feedback on our difficulty adjustment test!

I am also reading vault tokens will just come in two types (Sweet and Savory), and thus it should only take 300 days to be able to get whatever you want from a single vault (then get to get another one right after that)

j-wood

Does this game save to the cloud? I had to get a new phone and I don't see a way to restore....

Also, on the nexus 6 is there a way to make the damn game take up the full screen? I have annoying black borders because it doesn't account for higher resolution phones apparently.

Dalek

Marvel games to get a whole lot more 'Ant-Man' content

The Marvel gaming universe will receive a large update on July 9 to celebrate a small addition.

To hype the July 17 release of “Ant-Man,” six Marvel games will receive add-on content dedicated to all things “Ant-Man.” New characters, new missions and even new pinball areas will be featured in games such as “Avengers Alliance,” “Future Fight,” “Puzzle Quest” and more.

It’s similar to how the Marvel gaming world promoted the release of “Avengers: Age of Ultron” earlier this year. Rather than, say, focus efforts on a brand new game that served as a cinematic tie-in, Marvel and its partners infused “Ultron”-related content into a bevy of titles.

Marvel Games creative director Bill Rosemann said the approach means the company is not rushing out a game inspired by a film, instead allowing partners to integrate cinematic content as they please. Still, “Ant-Man” presented unique tests for the game makers, most of them related to the character’s size.

“A lot of our partners only had human or humanoid characters,” Rosemann said. “Then they had to figure out what an ant would be like in their game, how it would be rigged, how it would move. They had to wrap their head around how to use ants. Would they be small? Would you shrink down to ride them? There's all these questions.”

For “Marvel Pinball,” players will go against Yellowjacket in a multi-ball fight.

In “Puzzle Quest,” the centerpiece will be an “Ant-Man” 30-day story event with five new missions.

In Facebook’s “Avenger’s Alliance,” Ant-Man gets a special operation.

“Contest of Champions” will receive a large update, with a new alliance quest, a new story event and player-versus-player tournaments.

“Future Fight,” for its part, will host four new characters, five new stages and two costume variants.

In “Marvel Heroes,” look for enhanced costumes for Ant-Man, including the theatrical outfit.

Marvel executive Mike Jones said the company didn’t want to force partners to echo the story of the film. The games shouldn’t be viewed as prologues but as more like companion pieces, he said.

As an example, Jones and Rosemann cited “Future Fight,” in which new “Ant-Man” additions will allow players to relive famous Marvel moments such as those seen in the popular “Kree-Skrull War” comics.

The bulk of the updated content will be free. Only “Marvel Heroes” and “Marvel Pinball” will ask users to pay for additional “Ant-Man” content.

Though the game content isn’t an add-on or a preview of the film, Rosemann said he hopes the titles will help non-“Ant-Man” devotees become familiar with the character.

“People who are unfamiliar with Ant-Man don't know how powerful he is,” Rosemann said. “When he shrinks, he gets stronger. People are still wrapping their heads around his abilities. And then, what does the world look like to someone when they're shrunk down to that size” How do ordinary objects become dangerous?”

Sadist

Yooo used the Taco Vault seven times now...

Pulled three 2stars, 250 hero points, 5 health packs and... three star purple Daken and 10k iso :)

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So how do I start accruing better covers? I have a bunch of 1* stuff, but I don't have any good cohesive 2 or 3* covers. On top of that, the few I have are covers that I don't really know how to get (outside of a lucky HP draw that I will never do because my points are too precious).

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So how do I start accruing better covers? I have a bunch of 1* stuff, but I don't have any good cohesive 2 or 3* covers. On top of that, the few I have are covers that I don't really know how to get (outside of a lucky HP draw that I will never do because my points are too precious).

Takes time. Keep putting in work and you'll get plenty of 2*s just in usual vs events and more. Just keep putting in work, getting the daily reward, and on and on.

Top Bottom