• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

Dalek

So how do I start accruing better covers? I have a bunch of 1* stuff, but I don't have any good cohesive 2 or 3* covers. On top of that, the few I have are covers that I don't really know how to get (outside of a lucky HP draw that I will never do because my points are too precious).

Just gotta stick with it, brother and be patient. I feel you-I know you want everything now, but just play it every day, do the best you can - and eventually you'll start getting everything. Everything's a lot easier now with the Deadpool Tacos. I can't even fathom what my roster would look like without them.

I just hit my 366th day playing and I have a lot of fully-covered 3 star characters now, and I'm just trying to earn enough ISO to level them up. I'm dreading the 4 star transiition-I doubt it will really happen. Most 4 stars just look like really good support teammates-like Professor X.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Do I just need to do events? I guess I'm more wondering WHERE I start getting new stuff. The 1* Recruits are all pretty bad, right? Or is there good stuff in that basic recruit box?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Do I just need to do events? I guess I'm more wondering WHERE I start getting new stuff. The 1* Recruits are all pretty bad, right? Or is there good stuff in that basic recruit box?

Just a smaller pct of pulling something better. It's always worth doing, but save your ISO for level ups. You'll need em.

Just keep doing work in vs events, and story events when you can. You'll get there.

Dalek

Work primarily on clearing all the story missions first before you do any of the other stuff. Then it's probably it's leveled approximately in the rewards you get will help build out your roster and help level up.

Sadist

Update on my progress;

Complete 3 Stars: Spider-Man, Patch, Steve Rogers and Hulk.
Strongest 4 Star: Invisible Woman 8/13 powers right now. 3/3/2 build now.

Only have a few three star single covers. Almost have a complete The Hood, Sentry, Psylocke and Torch.

zulux21

so I hope you didn't have plans to be with your family or see fireworks or anything like that on july 4th

Independence Day PVP lineup:
------------------------------------
Cpt. America PVP / J4 Vault Tokens!
Falcon PVP / J4 Vault Tokens!
CMarvel PVP / J4 Vault Tokens

those three pvp events will give tokens to a special july 4th only vault.

it seems like the pvp might only be for that day but we will see.

Spoit

so I hope you didn't have plans to be with your family or see fireworks or anything like that on july 4th

those three pvp events will give tokens to a special july 4th only vault.

it seems like the pvp might only be for that day but we will see.

Too bad the vault is 100% useless dupes

zulux21

Too bad the vault is 100% useless dupes

mine actually contains the two 4 stars I don't have :p

unless things change though...
3 pvp events each with 3 tokens (assuming I can get to 900 points)
8 daily buys at 50.

I would still only have 17 tokens or a small portion of the 50 vault and likely won't get anything of use :/

Damn. I did spend 50 HP on a whim in the Independence Day vault-and I got a Kamala cover! I'm cashing out now while I'm ahead.

I could use 11 of the 18 3 star covers in the ID vault. Not a bad selection at all!

Resisting the urge to drop 3000HP on those covers....

Spoit

mine actually contains the two 4 stars I don't have :p

unless things change though...
3 pvp events each with 3 tokens (assuming I can get to 900 points)
8 daily buys at 50.

I would still only have 17 tokens or a small portion of the 50 vault and likely won't get anything of use :/

On the plus side, no health packs diluting the table

Dalek

So the Sweet Tacos say "post event". Does this mean they won't stack with the next Sweet Tacos that are released?

zulux21

*sigh*
I remember why I don't really do pvp in this game anymore lol.

went to bed in first place with 680 points, woke up later than I thought I would and fell nearly 400 points resulting in me not getting any covers I needed :/

at least with the PVE I can have a life near the end of an event lol.

mreddie

*sigh*

went to bed in first place with 680 points, woke up later than I thought I would and fell nearly 400 points resulting in me not getting any covers I needed :/

Invest in shields.

zulux21

Invest in shields.

I suppose I should have (I would have at least gotten one cover I wanted and thus if I had bought that cover saved hp but overall I will eventually just get it), but I was planning on getting up to do a last little bit and in general I don't like pissing away HP on shields since they double the prices a while back. (I also have the excuse I kind of forgot about shields because it was late, and I forgot about how much you get screwed over at the end of the event(I haven't seriously gone after a pvp even in like a year). I joined the event early on and only got hit twice while I was in first place most of the time... I got hit like 28 times after I went to bed lol)

NineH

*sigh*

Since you don't PvP as much, did you still get a wall of max level guys immediately after the seed teams? I do and it sucks and the only reason I can actually make a push is that I sacrifice all the guys I've managed to level up.

zulux21

Since you don't PvP as much, did you still get a wall of max level guys immediately after the seed teams? I do and it sucks and the only reason I can actually make a push is that I sacrifice all the guys I've managed to level up.

I can actually give you an example what I get after the seed teams :p they aren't quite max level in most cases.
3GqIbsZ.png

0n5c0KR.png

and a person who attacked me

I do hit some max level teams and some teams that are max 4 star ones too from time to time though. in general they were in line with those until about 500 points though. then I got a few more max level teams.

I was doing a combo of some of my characters to get through stuff in the last event

patch + loki is one I use the most
daken + falcon
Panther + IF

plus since I don't do events a lot I have like 33 health packs still so yeah...

NineH

I do hit some max level teams and some teams that are max 4 star ones too from time to time though. in general they were in line with those until about 500 points though. then I got a few more max level teams.
Your fights are similar to mine then. I use the skip button so many times it's not funny since I don't want to fight 4 stars or boosted characters all PvP long.

Dalek

Yeah same here.

Anyways I had a real string of bad luck one right after another today. I saw Professor X is the progression award in the Simulator for 2000 points and I've been focused on getting that-but now at 1500 it seems like I've hit a wall. I can't seem to make any further progress with the teams being offered to me.

Plus I just opened my 10 pack and I got one Gold-a Daredevil duplicate I already had. Ain't that some shit.

zulux21

Yeah same here.

Anyways I had a real string of bad luck one right after another today. I saw Professor X is the progression award in the Simulator for 2000 points and I've been focused on getting that-but now at 1500 it seems like I've hit a wall. I can't seem to make any further progress with the teams being offered to me.

Plus I just opened my 10 pack and I got one Gold-a Daredevil duplicate I already had. Ain't that some shit.

i've gotten 3 3stars from the independence day vault 13 of the 18 3* plus covers would be useful for me.... I have had to sell all 3 of the 3 stars I got because despite 13/18 being useful for me I got 3/5 covers that wouldn't be lol.

NineH

My independence day vault luck has been okay. 2 3*s and 4 2*s. Too bad they were dupes. All I am looking for are the four star awards, the 1000 hp and for me, I have blue Thoress and blue Professor X. I am also hoping I hit the purple Iron Fist in my vault and, don't laugh, but I want the green Squirrel girl also. Her animations are so cute and when boosted she is somewhat viable though in fairness that's not saying much.

My independence day vault luck has been okay. 2 3*s and 4 2*s. Too bad they were dupes. All I am looking for are the four star awards, the 1000 hp and for me, I have blue Thoress and blue Professor X. I am also hoping I hit the purple Iron Fist in my vault and, don't laugh, but I want the green Squirrel girl also. Her animations are so cute and when boosted she is somewhat viable though in fairness that's not saying much.

Are you buying tokens for this vault, or do they come from PVE? I usually stick to PVP so haven't seen any yet.

zulux21

I got 2 tokens from PvP and I have bought 4 of the 50hp daily deal. It seems cheap enough for a chance for 4 stars.

yeah I take my chance with the 50hp tokens, I know statistically they are still not worth it at that price, but I like gambling :p

Dalek

I really can't seem to push past 1600 points in the Simulator. Frustrating. Is there some kind of difficulty bump that occurs that won't give you easy fights at higher rankings?

I want that Professor X!

zulux21

heh another day another 3 star from the ID vault.
and once again it's a 3 star cover that doesn't help me which makes it 4/5 gotten lol.

NineH

at least you can use some of them. I can't use a single cover in the vault

Did you do the independence day vault reset trick that the forums mentioned? Or is the problem you have most everyone covered already? If it's the latter, I wish I had that dilemma :p

at least you can use some of them. I can't use a single cover in the vault

Clearly your only option is placing first in PVP events then right?

I pulled Cyclops this morning so I finally have all the *** characters. Still need 4-5 **** ones but I am nowhere near chasing them at this point.

TimeKillr

Jesus christ.

I really wanted Iron Fist purple power covers, just because it synergizes so well with Black Panther's AOE (which is one of my go-to characters).

Today, I use 2 taco tokens.

Iron Fist - Purple, then Iron Fist - Black.

With the green cover in 2 days, I'll have all colors covered, and I'll most likely spend HP to get at least purple to 5 (I have around 8k HP saved up, so I can at least do that since it'll cost me 5k) then just fuck around until I get the other colors.

Iron Fist's purple is so OP. 5 purple for 7 black? WTF is that shit? :) I understand there isn't a lot of good Black powers, but hey.

Sadist

Lol, I know the Taco vault is shit... but I can't hate on my luck.

After a bunch of dupes (excluding 1500 iso) the taco vault had a refresh... and with the first token I pull a Star Lord cover :eek:

Oh and I got another Captain Marvel cover out of a pvp event, unexpected!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I did the 10-pack on Independence. Got some shit I needed. Stupid, I know, but...I...It was stupid. Fuck.

zulux21

Jesus christ.

I really wanted Iron Fist purple power covers, just because it synergizes so well with Black Panther's AOE (which is one of my go-to characters).

Today, I use 2 taco tokens.

Iron Fist - Purple, then Iron Fist - Black.

With the green cover in 2 days, I'll have all colors covered, and I'll most likely spend HP to get at least purple to 5 (I have around 8k HP saved up, so I can at least do that since it'll cost me 5k) then just fuck around until I get the other colors.

Iron Fist's purple is so OP. 5 purple for 7 black? WTF is that shit? :) I understand there isn't a lot of good Black powers, but hey.

not only is it 5 purple for 7 black it also does a ton of damage for 5 ap if you have over 12 black (it does 4113 at max level) just think when they first released him he did 9 black for 5 and i think he did over 5k damage as well :p

but yeah him at 4 covers + black panther at 4 covers (for the moves needed both at level 140) gets me through the required node in taco daily with ease. (usually win in 4 turns)

Top Bottom