• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

shaowebb

I one shotted the antman thing. Just sorta plowed through with that weird team I mentioned all the way to 5 then ran the Antman/Cmags/Loki thing. Weird teams all the way through and somehow did fine.

Also 2 Iron Fist tokens in 2 days! I'm doin pretty lucky. Currently managed to get him to 3/4/4. Considering that I don't PVP much these days thats not bad at all. Definitely enough at lvl 129 to start enjoying him more steadily on my teams. Now if I can just get Luke Cage and Cyclops covers my plans are set.

Dalek

Okay, the Ant Man event is seriously whopping my ass. Did not expect LYL 70ish villains already.

iRY78jalbeU9C.gif

sorry, I'm bitter.

Huh.

I haven't touched OBW in over a year outside of required ** matches. Turns out she turned that tough wave into a cakewalk. Thanks for recommending her.

OBW, BP & LCap and the entire thing was a breeze. One thing I did differently was take Deadpool seriously & eliminate him first each time. I NEVER use him so I didn't realize he could take 65% of your health with six freaking reds.

Dalek

Huh.

I haven't touched OBW in over a year outside of required ** matches. Turns out she turned that tough wave into a cakewalk. Thanks for recommending her.

OBW, BP & LCap and the entire thing was a breeze. One thing I did differently was take Deadpool seriously & eliminate him first each time. I NEVER use him so I didn't realize he could take 65% of your health with six freaking reds.

She's the best there is at what she does. There's no other comparable character that steals and heals like she does. I wish there was a 3 star version with higher HP.

zulux21

Huh.

yeah deadpool is no joke but facing this many characters the only way to do it is either having lots of protect tiles, a good way to heal, or a mixture of both. even small damage adds up over time.

She's the best there is at what she does. There's no other comparable character that steals and heals like she does. I wish there was a 3 star version with higher HP.

OBW is my latest project to max. She's just SO good. Make sure her colors are covered by someone stronger and she will rarely take a shot though. I team her with Thor a lot because his green costs 14 but does so much damage!

zulux21

OBW is my latest project to max. She's just SO good. Make sure her colors are covered by someone stronger and she will rarely take a shot though. I team her with Thor a lot because his green costs 14 but does so much damage!

she is much more amusing to me if she is the primary in at least 2 of her colors and then you place a bunch of strike tiles and let her murder everything as the way espionage works is it does the match damage + strike tiles and then the espionage damage + strike tiles.

just make sure not to have her make a match when a big enemy move is going off.

my favorite team for a while was 1 star storm + 2 star thor + widow though. it was a crazy team back before storm's nerf and the removal of environment tiles.

back then you could use storm's red move to get a bunch of environment and spam the oasis to add green, and then from there use her green move to grab more green as well as red and yellow to fuel thor to drop more yellow and green tiles and you could use widow to steal all of the enemy ap so they couldn't do anything.

it kind of needed to be fixed though as it wasn't uncommon for a level 50 storm + level 74 thor and level 74 widow (I think 74 was the old 2 star level cap) to take out level 250 three and 4 star teams lols as once you got things going it took a bit but your turn didn't end you generated AP faster than you used it.

Make sure she is 3/5/5 and pair her with a strike tile generator for lots of damage. I have 2 original black widows.

zulux21

The problem is that laken and/or blade steal black and sometimes blue, even when OBW is boosted to 150

yup, she becomes a lot less useful with a max level 3 star team, but she is amazing until you reach that point.

the best part about here was until the first time she was boosted/required a lot of people didn't realize how useful she was (she doesn't hit for high amounts of damage = not useful)

Spoit

yup, she becomes a lot less useful with a max level 3 star team, but she is amazing until you reach that point.

the best part about here was until the first time she was boosted/required a lot of people didn't realize how useful she was (she doesn't hit for high amounts of damage = not useful)

lolwat. She was first featured back during patch's heyday, and more importantly AP generation > all in this game

zulux21

lolwat. She was first featured back during patch's heyday, and more importantly AP generation > all in this game

yeah, I am talking that far back, I remember all of the bitching in the official forums that she was required, that she sucked, that screw the game developers for requiring such a crappy character and how quickly that all turned around after they used her :p

that was back in the days where rags was a one man wrecking crew lol. (which didn't hit for lots of damage in one hit but kept the hits coming)

Dispatch

For the Ant Man event, I beat it with Lazy Cap and Falcon, both maxed out. It was still a nail-biter, though, as cap was down to around 600 health by the last round.

shaowebb

Huh.

I always take Deadpool seriously if he's on a team. He interferes with the elimination of others and his offense can really make things irritating fast. In the deadpool dailies he is often paired with Gorgon and Hood so I generally come in loaded by that wave, punch hard with patch green aimed at gorgon to make him use up his move that jumps in front of an attack then once its out of the way aim at Gorgon with Red to kill him and finish taking out Deadpool with whatever is left.

If I expect Deadpool in a wave I tend to load my guns before reaching him. Otherwise it gets bad easily.

Malmorian

Ok finally beat Growth Industry. Thanks for the tip on using OBW...my fuck that was way too easy. My 5 solid teams of 3* asskickers couldn't get past the 3rd round for some reason. My girl shows up and whoops all their asses.

zulux21

I always take Deadpool seriously if he's on a team. He interferes with the elimination of others and his offense can really make things irritating fast. In the deadpool dailies he is often paired with Gorgon and Hood so I generally come in loaded by that wave, punch hard with patch green aimed at gorgon to make him use up his move that jumps in front of an attack then once its out of the way aim at Gorgon with Red to kill him and finish taking out Deadpool with whatever is left.

If I expect Deadpool in a wave I tend to load my guns before reaching him. Otherwise it gets bad easily.

you do realize you don't "use up" deadpools move he just triggers if conditions are met (if person with less hp is going to take X damage) you could just as easily target and hit him first so if you screw up he doesn't have a heal tile on the board o_O

she is much more amusing to me if she is the primary in at least 2 of her colors and then you place a bunch of strike tiles and let her murder everything as the way espionage works is it does the match damage + strike tiles and then the espionage damage + strike tiles.
My only problem is that she has very low HP it seems. Putting her in a position to get hit a lot usually ends up with burning through blue trying to keep her alive.

I'll give that a shot though. I didn't realize her Espionage did damage. I thought it just stole AP when she made a blue, black or purple match.

Make sure she is 3/5/5 and pair her with a strike tile generator for lots of damage. I have 2 original black widows.
Mine is 5/5/3. Her purple steals 4 of every color at 11AP cost. Should I lower that? Up her black?

Her blue at 5 is amazing. 511 heal, or double that if there are no enemy countdown tiles on the board, which is a pretty common thing against other heroes instead of minion enemies.

Mine is 5/5/3. Her purple steals 4 of every color at 11AP cost. Should I lower that? Up her black?
Yes, you want her to have 3 purple and 5 black. That makes her so much more effective. Strike tiles will boost her twice, once for match damage and again for the bonus damage.

Triz

Managed to beat the 5th wave with maxed cap and a 153 blade. Pym particles coupled with blade red strike tiles put in some work. Plus caps heavy hits and refunded ap worked wonders.

shaowebb

you do realize you don't "use up" deadpools move he just triggers if conditions are met (if person with less hp is going to take X damage) you could just as easily target and hit him first so if you screw up he doesn't have a heal tile on the board o_O

Did you realize if you attack once with an ability and its enough to make him jump in front of the attack you can then continue attacking your original target without Deadpool diving in again till the end of the turn? If I only got enough tools to kill one guy with Patch and Gorgon/Deadpool is on the board I'm gonna set it up so Deadpool eats the baby hit and leaves me free to use "Best there is" unimpeded so as to Kill Gorgon in a single shot. Generally that many strike tiles leaves me strong enough to wipe out Deadpool with whatever's left regardless. I take Deadpool seriously but Gorgon is a must kill on sight.

For the record I run Loki/Patch/C. Mags and fish for one Green and one Red ability from Patch by last round. At this point I generally have a blue or purple ability to fire off as well from Loki or C.Mags and that finishes Deadpool 9 times out of 10 once I'm done dealing with Gorgon.

I know I was talking about how seriously I take Deadpool, but Gorgon is my priority in that scenario so I make Deadpool use up his ability to take him out.

zulux21

Did you realize if you attack once with an ability and its enough to make him jump in front of the attack you can then continue attacking your original target without Deadpool diving in again till the end of the turn?

Did the recently change that? I know a few months ago I had deadpool jump ahead twice without taking a turn as I did a hit and he jumped in, moved back to the other character didn't pay enough attention and he jumped ahead again making another tile.

I mean as long as he has 1 less HP than the target you are attacking no matter how much damage you deal he won't jump ahead, but if he has more hp he should always jump in to take the hit.

Sadist

Hehe, the Enemy of the State thing is going well. Beating the wave two times will get you massive amounts points. At position 45 now.

Got lucky yesterday though; tacovault gave me nothing, but I got a Beast cover from a one star token and Elektra from a two star token.

TimeKillr

Hehe, the Enemy of the State thing is going well. Beating the wave two times will get you massive amounts points. At position 45 now.

Got lucky yesterday though; tacovault gave me nothing, but I got a Beast cover from a one star token and Elektra from a two star token.

Unless you know for a fact that you won't be able to play in within 12 hours, don't grind nodes.

Essentially, the best way to get points, is to start exactly at reset, then 8 hours later, then 8 hours later, then about 7 hours later and grind the nodes. This is the best way to get the max amount of points, really.

NineH

Man, this PvP was the closest I ever go to the 4 star progression reward. I made it to 960 and queued up a 41 point match but ran out of time. Oh well, I sure could have used the Thing if nothing more than a cool trophy though.

shaowebb

Did the recently change that? I know a few months ago I had deadpool jump ahead twice without taking a turn as I did a hit and he jumped in, moved back to the other character didn't pay enough attention and he jumped ahead again making another tile.

I mean as long as he has 1 less HP than the target you are attacking no matter how much damage you deal he won't jump ahead, but if he has more hp he should always jump in to take the hit.

Nope. The Thing will keep jumping in front so long as the damage isn't technically from tile pops on the board (C. Mag red dont trigger Things move for some reason), but Deadpool is a one and done till you move a tile on the board. I think he can block once for each team mate per turn but after that...fair game till the turn ends and you've moved a tile. Try Patch Loki C Mags on a deadpool daily and do what I said with targeting Gorgon with green to lure out Deadpool and then after he takes the shot clicking on Gorgon again to fire off Best There Is unimpeded. Works every time.

Dalek

Jesus did they increase the difficulty for DDQ today? I can't get past the first round in the final node. Pistols everywhere and its starving me of blue for OBW's move.

TimeKillr

Jesus did they increase the difficulty for DDQ today? I can't get past the first round in the final node. Pistols everywhere and its starving me of blue for OBW's move.

I don't think so, it's just the actual type of enemy.

I got into the 4th wave with Hulk/Black Panther/OBW all at 30, but due to a stupidly huge cascade I couldn't get the first hit in.. They one-shot my entire team. That was... fun.

Dalek

I don't think so, it's just the actual type of enemy.

I got into the 4th wave with Hulk/Black Panther/OBW all at 30, but due to a stupidly huge cascade I couldn't get the first hit in.. They one-shot my entire team. That was... fun.

Yeah that just happened to me to. Sucks. This is the hardest round I can remember in DDQ.

zulux21

I don't recall having any difficulty but patch + loki basically owns any Wave node that starts with goons.

I dunno, I blew through DDQ with LThor, LCap and OBW as usual.

Leveling all of my 3* to 120. Now they're all semi-usable, except on difficult matches. Feels Goodman.

Dalek

Did anyone take the character survey? I requested Miles Morales, Reed Richards and Drax. For alternate costumes I suggested Phoenix Five Cyclops.

Hmm. I got my first Vision cover. Thinking of deleting a crappy 3-star. My lowest level ones are Squirrel Girl, Mystique, Beast, and Ragnarok. I'm thinking of deleting Beast to make room. Bad move?

Dalek

Hmm. I got my first Vision cover. Thinking of deleting a crappy 3-star. My lowest level ones are Squirrel Girl, Mystique, Beast, and Ragnarok. I'm thinking of deleting Beast to make room. Bad move?

Hmmm....Honestly I'm not impressed with Vision. I find those other characters more useful.

I keep reading that Beast is actually usable now, but I haven't spent any time with him.

I'm getting destroyed in that brutal Ant Man event node (the one with the lvl 70 Ant Man). Any suggestions? What have you all passed it with?

Top Bottom