• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

shaowebb

Okay, I'll bite. Why does the Ant-man growth industries thing STILL have points available on it after you win and say something will unlock in around 6900 days relating to whatever the hell those odd file folder icon points are?

Okay, I'll bite. Why does the Ant-man growth industries thing STILL have points available on it after you win and say something will unlock in around 6900 days relating to whatever the hell those odd file folder icon points are?

Yeah, that's super annoying. It isn't THAT difficult that it would take hundreds of days...are they planning to add more or is it just a fuckup?

It alternates between sweet and savory vaults every 5 days. You can save tokens until the type of vault comes back around. If you use them in an off week, you get a full random vault for every token.

Ahh, thanks. So I just wait a few more days for it to go back to savory. Sounds good.

zulux21

it was stated she was coming but nothing else was said in this thread so...
55ae8a002a918.jpg

zulux21

I suppose it's fine if I can just ignore them, like Kingpin and some of the other recent 4*'s

you can likely ignore them for now, but in 6-12 months they will likely start becoming a lot more required, though I imagine we will be able to get them a bit easier as well.

i wouldn't be surprised if for the 2 year anniversary they introduce the first 5 star and after that they continue to be introduced regularly as 4 stars basically become the new 3 stars.

you can likely ignore them for now, but in 6-12 months they will likely start becoming a lot more required, though I imagine we will be able to get them a bit easier as well.

i wouldn't be surprised if for the 2 year anniversary they introduce the first 5 star and after that they continue to be introduced regularly as 4 stars basically become the new 3 stars.

We'll see if I'm still playing in 12months. I give it a 50/50 chance.

I just started playing again, I assume I was removed from Gafvengers for inactivity. Any of the Gaf-related alliances have openings?

EDIT: Also, I noticed the massive increase in 4-star heroes. It was like they fell out of the sky when I started back up. Didn't hurt that I got into a joke bracket for the Season and got 2 10-packs (resulted in like 4 3 Stars I needed and 3 4 Stars I could use).

TimeKillr

She seems to be particularly powerful, which is interesting. Her anti match-5 is very interesting, if very situational, but still very, very useful.

She seems to be particularly powerful, which is interesting. Her anti match-5 is very interesting, if very situational, but still very, very useful.

She will definitely get nerfed, or will be insanely hard to get after her initial release. Basically a 1 man (woman technically) killing machine.

Spoit

Eh, the purple will probably get nerfed, but otherwise, she's pretty glacial without a a feeder

whales level damge is good and all, but you need like 3 casts of it to down average health pvp enemies, much less the pve HP mountains

shaowebb

I'll wait for her next availability. Lord knows I need another one-covered 4*

I don't even bother with the things. Hard enough sometimes actually getting full covers for a 3 star given how many duplicates you draw. 4 star 1st place chasing? psh...I have a real life. Not worth that much effort.

Game is more fun in the lower 100's anyhow IMO. You get more time to run sets and enjoy a plan coming together.

Dispatch

Well, the dual device bug appears to have returned. I tried to play the game on my phone yesterday instead of my iPad and it won't let me do anything once I hit the Fight button. I've already sent an email to support.

shaowebb

Beat the Antman final wave again for the second time to play with the character. Antman/Patch/Deadpool seems legit as fuck.

Antman Blue is placed to steal 2 enemy tiles a turn and this mitigates Patch's strike tiles that he gives the enemy. Nuff said there...but in the wave it also mitigates Daken's stuff and Kishu's shields giving you defense.

Additionally Deadpool Red chops folks nearly in half quickly to make it fast to get rid of early threats and his Whales ability deals with the Gorgon wave before it gets going. Also his black ability saves the ass of either Antman or Patch so you can keep their maingame going and run Deadpool as a support fully with his extra tools.

With the Antman fists, stolen tiles, and Patch tiles I was seeing the fists do 4300 by Sentry.

Malmorian

Another 4*? Really? Fuuuuuuuuck

I mean, I want her and all but god dammit I already have like 4-5 4*'s that only have the one cover. This is rough :/

Decided I wanted to try for that 2000 pt Simulator prize this season. Started tonight, racked up 1061 pts, up by 300 or so right now, haha.

Hopefully I don't drop too many points as I sleep tonight.

Dalek

Decided I wanted to try for that 2000 pt Simulator prize this season. Started tonight, racked up 1061 pts, up by 300 or so right now, haha.

Hopefully I don't drop too many points as I sleep tonight.

I thought the same thing too. Got two seed teams and immediately hit the maxed out players. Doesn't seem fair does it?

Managed to get to 1350 or so points, but that's apparently my ceiling at the moment. Keep getting hit down, either by attacks or losing my own fights kind of unfairly.

Spoit

It's way too early to be worrying about it anyway. Wait for the last week or so, and the rising tide will lift your boat some

It's way too early to be worrying about it anyway. Wait for the last week or so, and the rising tide will lift your boat some

I went for it on a lark last season and it was really easy-I waited until the last week. If you do that there will be a ton of people with over 2000 points and since there aren't prizes for placement you probably won't get much retaliation.

I went for it on a lark last season and it was really easy-I waited until the last week. If you do that there will be a ton of people with over 2000 points and since there aren't prizes for placement you probably won't get much retaliation.

That's when I usually do my simulator work. Mostly because I slack off all season.

Dalek

Hmm. Why Cage and Thor together? They both have yellow powers I want to use.

Well, for starters they are both fully maxed for me-which gave me incentive to test out. I find that Cage's yellow does a hell of a lot more damage than LThor.

I typically do this:

1. Save up Red for Thor's power-which produces yellow.
2. Save Yellow for Cage to use.
3. Stockpile as much black as possible, of course for Cage-wait till you have a ton.
4. Kamala heals after every special move-which REALLY comes in handy when you unleash one of Cage's black moves one after another. Additionally, Cage's shield tile is protecting you each turn.
5. Kamala's purple power creates Green AP
6. Use Green AP for LThor once it's full.

I know there is shared Green with Kamala and Thor, and shared yellow with Thor and Cage-but trust me on this. Only use Cage's Yellow and Thor's Green.

I used this in the Simulator and it was really working out for me-and when I logged back in I saw I had been attacked 3 times and I won each time. It's got to be annoying as hell to try to take down Cage's shield and prevent Kamala's healing.

Sulik2

Guys, I'm closing in on 600 days played. Why am I still playing this game? Somebody help me.

Not gonna get a Jean, no hulkbuster to grind on that mission.

Guys, I'm closing in on 600 days played. Why am I still playing this game? Somebody help me.

Not gonna get a Jean, no hulkbuster to grind on that mission.

I hear you...today was 628 for me.

Why is the Ant Man event so damn long? You can only get the one cover for it right?

Ugh, I'm at 910 points in the PVP and I'm afraid to unshield. I know I'll get pwnd instantly.

Edit: Oh wait, you guys recommended Super Whales last time. I'll try that.

Nori Chan

So I just got into this because of ant man hype, can anyone give out tips for beginners?

It seems that taking a lot of damage makes me unable to play as much something like candy crush

So I just got into this because of ant man hype, can anyone give out tips for beginners?

It seems that taking a lot of damage makes me unable to play as much something like candy crush

Don't sell any *** or **** covers you get, no matter what. It takes a long time to get enough covers to make those characters useful and you will regret it. That having been said, you'll be relying on your * and ** characters way more than any random *** and **** ones.

Don't spend hero points on anything other than roster slots.

Black Widow is going to be really useful for you in both * and ** flavors.

In my opinion, you can safely sell ever cover you get for the following characters:

Yelena Belova
Spiderman (Bagman)
Venom
Moonstone

* Hawkeye can be pretty helpful when you start out, but you'll eventually drop him. The most useful * characters are:

Juggernaut, Black Widow & Storm.

Play through every regular mission that you can and don't worry about the multiplayer stuff to start with. After you finish the standard missions you should have a few decent ** characters you can get competitive with. While you build your ** roster focus (if you can) on:

Black Widow
Thor
Ares
Storm
Magneto.

Sorry for the double post, but is there a way to tell which characters will be featured in each season?

I was debating topping up my Luke Cage covers and noticed that he's a reward in the IF event later this week. Any way to look ahead over the whole season?

Dalek

Sorry for the double post, but is there a way to tell which characters will be featured in each season?

I was debating topping up my Luke Cage covers and noticed that he's a reward in the IF event later this week. Any way to look ahead over the whole season?

I *think* there's a thread for every season on the official forums that tells this-or I could be wrong.

Dalek

Is Dormanmu's Aid glitched? I have it maxed out now so when I use The Hood-when it's my turn if there are 9 or more Yellow tiles I should get 1 AP right? It doesn't seem to be doing so.

zulux21

Is Dormanmu's Aid glitched? I have it maxed out now so when I use The Hood-when it's my turn if there are 9 or more Yellow tiles I should get 1 AP right? It doesn't seem to be doing so.

im reading MORE THAN 9 not 9 or more.

thus I believe it actually requires 10.

Top Bottom