• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

I keep reading that Beast is actually usable now, but I haven't spent any time with him.

I'm getting destroyed in that brutal Ant Man event node (the one with the lvl 70 Ant Man). Any suggestions? What have you all passed it with?

Here's my team. Never used an AntMan power during the match.
rRmZckB.jpg

Slow doesn't work so well when the AoEs basically 1 shot you

By slow I mean I really paid attention and made sure I was maximizing potential to use blue to delay them and not miss a countdown tile, etc. Sometimes I'm watching tv or something and miss things that end up killing me.

By slow I mean I really paid attention and made sure I was maximizing potential to use blue to delay them and not miss a countdown tile, etc. Sometimes I'm watching tv or something and miss things that end up killing me.

I think he's referencing the fact that he gets much higher level enemies due to his maxed out team.

I took it slow with LThor & OBW and managed to do it. Thanks for the tips...

TimeKillr

The game is messing with me. I've gotten 3 gold covers from standard tokens recently, but they were all for the colors I have maxed.

Hell, I got a Heroic token today.

Hulkbuster - Black. One of the very few 4* I was missing (now I'm only missing The Thing and Devil Dinosaur).

Now I have all 3*, all 2*, just 3 1* to do the daily and all but two of the 4*. I think I'm pretty much done with collecting, now I just need covers! Hopefully we'll start seeing the 4*s in the DDQ soon-ish (if that's even happening).

I have had some good luck in the last day. Professor X, Kingpin and finally finishing the Ant Man event means three **** in 24 hours. Granted, none will be useable for months but I will take it.

That leaves me with five characters missing from my roster: carnage, star lord, thing, venom and yelena.

TimeKillr

Being prizes in the token draw probably crosses that off the list.

Most likely, yes. Doesn't matter either way - I can still do every single daily with no issues since I have every single 3* and very few of them maxed (Hulk, Black Panther, GSBW and Beast are maxed, otherwise the only other 5 I have in something is with Iron Fist).

I mean, with the new point system, 1k is pretty trivial even in the driest slices.

For some weird reason I can never hit 1k. The highest I've ever hit was 900, and then all my opponents are impossibly strong (teams full of powered up 166s) or something similar, and I can't do shit.

Doesn't matter too much, anyway. I'm transitioning slowly to 3*s, but now I've ranked high in some slices and I'm getting much harder slices so it's kinda bugging me.

I mean, with the new point system, 1k is pretty trivial even in the driest slices.

I don't think I've ever broken 750-800 in regular season PVP events. Getting to 2000 in the simulator was relatively painless though. Hadn't tried it before today.

I just checked and it looks like I'm actually @ 67/73 available characters. Missing

* Venom
* Yelena
* Hawkeye
** Bags
**** Carnage
**** Star Lord
**** Thing.

Unless I played WAY more actively than I do I can't see how I could even amass enough HP to open up seven more slots without paying.

Are Carnage & The Thing readily available at this point? I have yet to run into any of them in PVP.

Most likely, yes. Doesn't matter either way - I can still do every single daily with no issues since I have every single 3* and very few of them maxed (Hulk, Black Panther, GSBW and Beast are maxed, otherwise the only other 5 I have in something is with Iron Fist).

For some weird reason I can never hit 1k. The highest I've ever hit was 900, and then all my opponents are impossibly strong (teams full of powered up 166s) or something similar, and I can't do shit.

Doesn't matter too much, anyway. I'm transitioning slowly to 3*s, but now I've ranked high in some slices and I'm getting much harder slices so it's kinda bugging me.

I've been up to like 950 and I just can't make the rest of the climb. Sucks.

I don't think I've ever broken 750-800 in regular season PVP events. Getting to 2000 in the simulator was relatively painless though. Hadn't tried it before today.

I just checked and it looks like I'm actually @ 67/73 available characters. Missing

* Venom
* Yelena
* Hawkeye
** Bags
**** Carnage
**** Star Lord
**** Thing.

Unless I played WAY more actively than I do I can't see how I could even amass enough HP to open up seven more slots without paying.

Are Carnage & The Thing readily available at this point? I have yet to run into any of them in PVP.
Drop one stars instead of paying. You only need one of those.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Don't I need to keep three * characters so I can participate in the deadpool daily events? I've kept BW, Storm, Juggs & IM just in case one was unavailable and I needed three to participate.

You can get by with one. Just Juggs, max him. Easy shit. Never had even close to a hard time beatin' ass in that req 1* with just him alone. Greens and reds, 2 red matches KOs the player character and green for the mooks.

You can get by with one. Just Juggs, max him. Easy shit. Never had even close to a hard time beatin' ass in that req 1* with just him alone. Greens and reds, 2 red matches KOs the player character and green for the mooks.

That's pretty much all I do as well. Great to know that I can free up 3 more spaces though!

Didn't know you could do it with just one! Amazing.

Not even with whales?
You mean using the fully-powered DP whales to win quickly? Never thought of that!

I was at 981 right before the end and lost 120 pts while fighting the last match that would have brought me over. So annoying.

Dalek

Advice: Luke cage is probably my favorite character to use.

My build currently is 4/4/5

There is a red cover today in DDQ. Should I fully level up his red, and if so what should get reduced?

zulux21

Advice: Luke cage is probably my favorite character to use.

My build currently is 4/4/5

There is a red cover today in DDQ. Should I fully level up his red, and if so what should get reduced?

the generally accepted best build for luke cage is 5/3/5 as cover 5 for both of his black and yellow moves adds quite a bit of damage, while the difference between 141 and 268 for a protect tile isn't that big. (141 will stop most damage from matches anyways)

if you never have plans to use his yellow or black move then obviously that could change things, but if you had that you likely wouldn't be asking us :p

shaowebb

18 points from Prof X. Folks wont stop hitting me right as I win my last match. Fuck everyone in the world. I don't care about rank just let me fucking get my last cover.

/salty as fuck.

Dalek

the generally accepted best build for luke cage is 5/3/5 as cover 5 for both of his black and yellow moves adds quite a bit of damage, while the difference between 141 and 268 for a protect tile isn't that big. (141 will stop most damage from matches anyways)

if you never have plans to use his yellow or black move then obviously that could change things, but if you had that you likely wouldn't be asking us :p

Thanks brother. That puts it in perspective.

shaowebb

Just shield up there and do a whales hop

Shield drops if you enter a match. When you come out the other side you can still have been attacked. I know because I did that already. Ended up down the gold for the shield, the whales, and still was no closer. Its fucked now. I wont hit this. Oh well, whatever. I pretty much deadpool daily and just fish for new guys anyhow.

Dalek

Shield drops if you enter a match. When you come out the other side you can still have been attacked. I know because I did that already. Ended up down the gold for the shield, the whales, and still was no closer. Its fucked now. I wont hit this. Oh well, whatever. I pretty much deadpool daily and just fish for new guys anyhow.

Sorry-I had the same problem and it was only sheer luck that I didn't get hit.

Dalek

I now have 2 maxed out 3 star characters: LThor and CMags. Who should I do next-candidates are:

Luke Cage
Cyclops
Captain Marvel
Grey Suit Black Widow
Human Torch
Sentry
Spider-Man
Groot
Falcon
Iron Man
Storm
Punisher

TimeKillr

I would do Luke Cage too. He's one of those characters where if you find him in PvP, you don't necessarily want to match up against because of his stupid protect tile.

Also his only conflicting color is yellow, really. I don't know if I'd use LThor's yellow over Luke Cage's yellow, even. It does have synergy with LThor's green which can potentially deal a bit more damage, but Luke Cage's yellow deals over 7000 damage to a single enemy, which is *really* useful. Not to mention that CMags' yellow isn't that good, especially since you'll have Luke Cage's protect tile on board at all times. If you *really* want to go all-out protect, you can even max Luke Cage's red instead of yellow, which'll give you, for *free* pretty much what CMags' yellow does at 3 covers. And if you need even more protection, then yeah, pop CMag's yellow and watch everything deal pitiful damage to you.

Seriously, Luke Cage is awesome. Cyclops is great, but his only non-conflicting color is black. His yellow conflicts with CMag's red quite a bit, so it's really not a good fit.

My current team I'm working towards is

Black Panther/Iron Fist/Falcon.

Black Panther for black complete destruction + yellow for extra damage, Iron Fist for purple black convert to feed Black Panther and green to make extra damage and Falcon to buff up all those nice special tiles. It's a bit of an all-in team, but it works incredibly well. I'm still missing a bunch of Iron Fist and Falcon covers right now though, so hopefully they'll come back again in the machines.

shaowebb

I got a Luke Cage Righteous Uppercut, a Groot, an Invisible Woman, and a plethora of things I already had as well so decent ISO. Not bad.

Also I love the maxed out level event. Lets me test a team I'm getting near able to achieve.
Luke Cage/Daredevil/Iron Fist

My god the power. Luke Cage and Fist keep both defense and steady damage rolling, but the black battery power of Iron Fist drives Cage into insane levels of pain...however Daredevil keeps multi turn stunning folks over and over and his Ambush is killing fools like crazy. Just non stop defense and 5k damage flying everywhere on this team in max level events and I dont have anyone besides Daredevil at max covers yet.

Luke Cage, Iron Fist, and Cyclops are my top priorities these days to level first and dump gold onto for cover abilities after I earn enough of it.

So The Vault reset itself? How does this work? Can someone give me a quick rundown?

Your tokens can be redeemed against the vault you earned them in. Each week a new vault is introduced, but your earned tokens are still used against their original vault and will continue to decrement the vault's inventory until you've used your tokens.

So The Vault reset itself? How does this work? Can someone give me a quick rundown?
It alternates between sweet and savory vaults every 5 days. You can save tokens until the type of vault comes back around. If you use them in an off week, you get a full random vault for every token.

Your tokens can be redeemed against the vault you earned them in. Each week a new vault is introduced, but your earned tokens are still used against their original vault and will continue to decrement the vault's inventory until you've used your tokens.
No, you get random vaults not the original.

Top Bottom