• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

Triz

I forgot how much of a grind the week long pve events are. Half way through and I'm still top 50 so I shouldn't complain but damn I want it to end.

zulux21

I forgot how much of a grind the week long pve events are. Half way through and I'm still top 50 so I shouldn't complain but damn I want it to end.

I just don't join until a day or two from the end and in general I can climb into a top 50 no problem.

zulux21

I've championed that method before but I've learned it's a dice roll. This 4 star seemed to good to pass on.

I suppose if you have a 4 star team it would be important to get her. I mostly just need one cover to have her, I have zero plans to ever level her up :p

zulux21

Yeah, you have to be incredibly lucky for that. Non-newbie brackets take like 3-4 days to fill if you miss the initial rush

I'm so glad that if you don't play a lot you get stuck in newbie brackets thus after 600 days and despite having like 10 fully covered 3 stars I can still be a n00b :p

Opted to join this current PvE late and see what happens, and I'm gonna be about 100 spots short of getting a Jean Grey this time around. Ah well.

zulux21

No Jean for me...oh well, what would I do with another single cover 4*?

just stare at it
dE6mKvq.png

it goes nicely with the others.

Holy shit, I love Iron Fist. I have him up at Lv 150 for me, so he's REALLY buffed for this PvP. Just went from 0-1000 (yes, 1000) this evening. That was enough to get me an Elektra cover, and a whole bunch of tokens. Those turned out to be mostly crap, but it's more iso.

Dalek

Why is it when I get attacked and lose a fight in PVP I lose around 30 points. But when I get attacked and win I only gain like 8 points?

Ha! Amazing.

That's the problem with this game. I truly feel like there is an imbalance in the economy & token reward distribution. Check this out:

There's no way I should be sitting on this much ISO with nobody worthwhile to pump it into. It's not like I'm sitting on max level *** (I only have six). The percentages from tokens are way too low.

shaowebb

Finally hit 13 Iron Fist covers. Not the build I wanted but he's damned great and I can always swap later. I can max level him now though and he's already close. 3/5/5 Iron Fist. Can't lay down the amount of strike tiles I want yet, but the buffed attack tile is making up for things till I can get more green covers. Main thing is I got the 5 purple. 3k damage for every 5 purple spent and the black is generated pretty freely on the way up to get that bonus.

Used a ton of Hulk/Iron Fist/Luke Cage in Fist bump to net it. If I was in a hurry I'd junk Cage for Ares since both him and Hulk are buffed.

I'm happy now :)

Luke Cage will get a guaranteed cover out of his event at the 800 mark and I'll probably get some tonight as well (done playing fuck it, I'm out of heals).
Now if I can just get a built Cyclops my dream team of Cage/Iron Fist/Cyclops will be complete.

shaowebb

No more 4 stars!! Stop it!

This. Jesus Christ no one can afford to make slots for that shit. They hardly ever get any more covers and its a waste of fucking time. 3 Slots require enough effort to keep up and stay happy, but they are just pushing 4 stars now.

Maybe this is related to their history with bad balance ideas. They have ideas for fun stuff, but they generally end up too powerful and need nerfed. People didn't agree with nerfs so now they just say "better play it safe and make that a 4 star so if it is broken no one will ever have to worry". Least thats a little thought that keeps nagging me in the back of my head anyways.

No matter their reasoning for all these 4 stars though...STOP. Just stop. No more. This is too many.

zulux21

This. Jesus Christ no one can afford to make slots for that shit. They hardly ever get any more covers and its a waste of fucking time. 3 Slots require enough effort to keep up and stay happy, but they are just pushing 4 stars now.

Maybe this is related to their history with bad balance ideas. They have ideas for fun stuff, but they generally end up too powerful and need nerfed. People didn't agree with nerfs so now they just say "better play it safe and make that a 4 star so if it is broken no one will ever have to worry". Least thats a little thought that keeps nagging me in the back of my head anyways.

No matter their reasoning for all these 4 stars though...STOP. Just stop. No more. This is too many.

they aren't going to stop. the introduction of deadpool daily was to help move people from 3 star to 4 star, the vault is to hammer home the idea that you should be on 4 stars now and they will continue to push 4 stars until they completely replace 3 stars and then likely move onto 5 stars.

on the flip side they will likely have an update around the 2 year anniversary that will make 3 stars even easier to get, but yeah 4 stars aren't going anywhere, nor will new characters, there will likely be 2-4 new characters in any given month.

Dalek

Got my season 10 pack-for the first time I lucked out. 4 golds! 3 of them were for fully maxed covers. :(

The other? Rage of the Panther, baby. That brings me up to 4 of those!

shaowebb

they aren't going to stop. the introduction of deadpool daily was to help move people from 3 star to 4 star, the vault is to hammer home the idea that you should be on 4 stars now and they will continue to push 4 stars until they completely replace 3 stars and then likely move onto 5 stars.

on the flip side they will likely have an update around the 2 year anniversary that will make 3 stars even easier to get, but yeah 4 stars aren't going anywhere, nor will new characters, there will likely be 2-4 new characters in any given month.

Then should I hope for Iron Fist classic as a 4 star?

Dalek

Finally got a gold draw from the new Taco Vault-a blue Doctor Doom. I now have his blues fully covered. I bet he teams up with Luke Cage great.

Dalek

I still say it's silly to pull from the vault unless you have at least, like, 100 tokens

I thought the tokens were still only tied to their original vault. For instance

Sweet vault 1
Salty vault 1
Sweet vault 2

Regardless I have no patience and I could use the ISO.

Got my season 10 pack-for the first time I lucked out. 4 golds! 3 of them were for fully maxed covers. :(

The other? Rage of the Panther, baby. That brings me up to 4 of those!

Nice. BP's 5th black was the 2nd of 3 times I've used HP to buy a cover. That thing is a staple.

I joined a tough bracket late yesterday for the close of the IF event and couldn't stay in the top 100. Got annoyed and blew $25 on HP to buy Luke's black. One more red and he'll be fully covered.

it resets every time they rotate the DDQ set

Can you walk me through the logic here? I'm still not seeing the benefit of stockpiling them.

Oh wait-are you saying that by using a ton of them you are lessening the pool of available covers, thereby increasing your chance of a good pull every time you get a bad one?

Can you walk me through the logic here? I'm still not seeing the benefit of stockpiling them.

Oh wait-are you saying that by using a ton of them you are lessening the pool of available covers, thereby increasing your chance of a good pull every time you get a bad one?
Every ddq vault has 300 items. The more tokens you have, the better your chances of drawing something good from it.

Triz

Have they explained why different users have different vaults? My buddy is here and his is different than mine.

zulux21

But his vault has different 4 stars available than mine...

4 stars aren't featured characters, the only featured characters are the 5 3 stars that the daily thing will have during the 5 days... you get a couple covers for each of them and everything else in the vault is random... even the covers you get from those guys are random if I recall right.

Malmorian

just stare at it

And now ANOTHER 4*? Do they want me to quit this game? Everyone gets so horny to have the new char in their roster that it makes it impossible to even get a cover. And then those covers are only reserved as 1-2 place rewards.

PLEASE take the time to make great and flexible 3*s, since PvE still has 2* requirements in order to get full points and MAYBE pull a token that's worthwhile. Honestly, if it wasn't for mobile I would have quit this game long ago.

Got black covers for both Kingpin and Elektra in my 10-pack, along with some unneeded 3-stars. Not bad, first one not being total crap in a while.

Edit: Hah! Jean Grey cover from an end-of-round PvE token.

Double edit: Not 20 seconds later, a red lady Thor from the Deadpool token. That is two of the three 4-star covers from this vault.

Sorry for stealing all the luck!

Dalek

Got black covers for both Kingpin and Elektra in my 10-pack, along with some unneeded 3-stars. Not bad, first one not being total crap in a while.

Edit: Hah! Jean Grey cover from an end-of-round PvE token.

Double edit: Not 20 seconds later, a red lady Thor from the Deadpool token. That is two of the three 4-star covers from this vault.

Sorry for stealing all the luck!

bJ5C9.gif

zulux21

also there are rumblings that a playstation version of puzzle quest is coming and a trophy list to go with which implies the playstation version will allow you to get all 15 covers for a character.

Dalek

What build do you guys run for Rocket and Groot. I thought 5 yellow, 3 blue and 5 green was good but I see on the forum most people prefer 5 blue. I don't get it.

Top Bottom