• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

Holy shit, good fucking riddance to this PvE. Last area, this stupid fight with Juggs/Venom/Hood is unbeatable for me. I'm throwing everything I have at it and they're getting destroyed almost instantly. Fuck that.

Dalek

I was wondering if it was possible to get 1,000 points in the Jean Grey event-doesn't seem likely. Any progress I make gets erased pretty quickly. The number 1 guy in my bracket has 6 Jean covers.

Dalek

Are there players out there that watch for when you are near to a Progression prize and try to attack you on purpose? There seems to be no other explanation. I was at 920 in this Jean Grey event-trying to hit that 1000 and after every fight I would see I was attacked at least twice and lost a shitload of points. I've had to shield 3 times now-because I keep running out of health packs-but this just sucks. Am I being paranoid? Do you get attacked MORE OFTEN when your points are higher?

zulux21

Are there players out there that watch for when you are near to a Progression prize and try to attack you on purpose? There seems to be no other explanation. I was at 920 in this Jean Grey event-trying to hit that 1000 and after every fight I would see I was attacked at least twice and lost a shitload of points. I've had to shield 3 times now-because I keep running out of health packs-but this just sucks. Am I being paranoid? Do you get attacked MORE OFTEN when your points are higher?

you absolutely get attacked more often when your points are higher.

the pool of people with lots of points are tiny, and they are worth the most points, so many more people will attack you since you are worth the most points they see.

Dalek

you absolutely get attacked more often when your points are higher.

the pool of people with lots of points are tiny, and they are worth the most points, so many more people will attack you since you are worth the most points they see.

Can't they just wait until I get 1,000?

Edit: looks like the 1 star character is Classic Spider-Man.

zulux21

Can't they just wait until I get 1,000?

Edit: looks like the 1 star character is Classic Spider-Man.

I wonder how feasible it would be to something like....
1 star spiderman to create web tiles
1 star venom to devour things whole...
2/3 star daken to block black, purple, blue and regen to stall to build up web tiles with spider man lol.

while impractical it would be fun to kill a level 250+ with a level 1 venom :p

Dalek

I'm just so fucking frustrated right now. I waited until all my health packs were full. I was sitting at 890 points. Broke my shield and went to work. I won 5 games in a row-however it didn't matter. Everytime I won, it showed I was attacked and lost at least 1-3 times each victory. By the time my health packs were out, I was down to 810 points. How the fuck is that fair?

Closest I got was 950. I'm just fed up. Fuck this game.

Ape

Banned
I'm just so fucking frustrated right now. I waited until all my health packs were full. I was sitting at 890 points. Broke my shield and went to work. I won 5 games in a row-however it didn't matter. Everytime I won, it showed I was attacked and lost at least 1-3 times each victory. By the time my health packs were out, I was down to 810 points. How the fuck is that fair?

Dude that's not fair. That's frustrating. I'm right now just doing Deadpool dailies and fleshing out my roster. Sometimes I'll try to jump on the end of a pve or pvp because this game isn't balanced well and is way too unforgiving.

Triz

Get the first recruit token from Deadpool PVE, oh shit it's a 4 star. .3 percent chance come on Deadpool, shit it's wolverine.

NineH

Like ZackieChan, I only was able to do it once since I keep getting beat before hitting that magical 1000 point threshold. Feels like a Sisyphean task at times and it gets to me as well. In fact, the past week or so I have been taking it very easy in the game and barely playing. I'll probably try a bit to get a 4 star Deadpool but right now my motivation to play and grind is very low.

shaowebb

Get the first recruit token from Deadpool PVE, oh shit it's a 4 star. .3 percent chance come on Deadpool, shit it's wolverine.

I was hoping Deadpool on a similar scenario just now. It ended up being The Thing. Not bad though, but not what I wanted.

How does Doom pair with Falcon & Luke Cage?

I'd think his blue would do a decent job of feeding LC's black, all while strengthening Doom & LC's tiles while gathering yellow with Falcon.

My Iron Fist isn't in a position to fill that role yet.

shaowebb

You're probably better off using cykes though, he's boosted as well

This if its possible. My end game goal is Iron Fist/Cyclops
I was fortunate enough to play against one Iron Fist/Cage/Cyclops team that had the levels and covers to test my theory of how well it'd work.

That team is a runaway with or without Cage. Likely made scarier by Falcon because he only strengthens the damage side of the match further and because he may take the focus off of Iron Fist on purples (uncertain who would claim tile priority) thus making it a faster option for offense with potential to lay down more defense than cage could if you need to (Though your better off meeting offense with offense on those purples by using Iron Fist)..

Once the Iron Fist/Cyclops economy gets rolling though its a complete runaway of damage. The red and black battery action goin on makes Cyclops unable to be contained and Fist is only magnifying anything that goes down with strike and attack tiles. Add in Falcon's inspiration and its just ridiculous how much you'd have to try and contain at once on that team. Only thing Falcon doesn't do for the team that Cage did was provide instant guaranteed defense and a potential to still win if someone takes out the Fist/ Cyclops side somehow.

Cyclops should be a major priority for any Iron Fist user.

NineH

Wow that UI update is an assault on the eyes. On the Ipad, those images are so huge it's jarring. Hope they roll back to the old UI since this one is huge and distracting.

That sounds like a good team.

It works pretty well but my Falcon is only 140. Fully covered it would work well I think.

All the hoarder-haters rejoice: I dropped a few hundred thousand ISO into some characters today. Fully leveled my Luke Cage and Patch while bringing Doom and LDaken to 153.

Netted my 13th ***Torch and a squirrel girl out of my 10 pack so I'm not to unhappy with that.

Sign me up for the "I hate the UI" team. I am on an iPhone 5 and the icons are massive. Brutal.

Dalek

Wow here's a great team to use in this Juggernaut event:

Cyclops
Kamala
OBW

you just don't die and you're constantly feeding cyclops. Granted the healing is not "true healing" but this team packs a punch.

Cyclops
Kamala
OBW

you just don't die and you're constantly feeding cyclops. Granted the healing is not "true healing" but this team packs a punch.

I have a single black cover for Cyclops so I will need to try an alternate strategy; It feels like I went a full year before getting my first red Patch cover, and Cyclops seems to have taken over the mantle of "not getting any".

Considering how helpful it was using OBW in the Ant Man event, I should really consider using her more. I don't really spend much time with ** characters these days but she did make the difference for me last month.Unfortunately I've only got one character with purple priority over OBW (LDaken) so I may need to rely on him...

Dalek

I have a single black cover for Cyclops so I will need to try an alternate strategy; It feels like I went a full year before getting my first red Patch cover, and Cyclops seems to have taken over the mantle of "not getting any".

Considering how helpful it was using OBW in the Ant Man event, I should really consider using her more. I don't really spend much time with ** characters these days but she did make the difference for me last month.Unfortunately I've only got one character with purple priority over OBW (LDaken) so I may need to rely on him...

I was the same way with patch. I never got his covers for a very long time, and as of yesterday he's fully covered now for me.

zulux21

I was the same way with patch. I never got his covers for a very long time, and as of yesterday he's fully covered now for me.

patch was timed just right for me. when they released him they had like 5 events in like 3 weeks with his covers so I got a max covered patch really fast.

black panther is a different story, I got 2/2/2 from events and only finished him finally today. I got like 10 blue covers and 8 yellow covers but that 5th black cover took forever @_@

Dalek

patch was timed just right for me. when they released him they had like 5 events in like 3 weeks with his covers so I got a max covered patch really fast.

black panther is a different story, I got 2/2/2 from events and only finished him finally today. I got like 10 blue covers and 8 yellow covers but that 5th black cover took forever @_@

Yeah I just got my 5th Rage of the Panther last week out of a Heroic token. Feels good, man.

Spoit

Cyclops
Kamala
OBW

I'm not sure that OBW is really all that helpful, both KK and cykes tank purple and black respectively, so the only 'free' AP stealing is on the blue, which is still 3 match territory. And if the only color you have a hole in is blue, cstorm is by far the best 2* to fill it with.

This set of characters kind of sucks for coverage, way too much doubling up on red and green and purple. There's no point in using SL or SG when you have KK right there.

shaowebb

Huh...well thats new. Guess who I just found. The new one star.
doPnGhT.jpg

GVYjAQj.jpg

QI7c0Eu.jpg

Sounds like it'd be more fun than the 3 star honestly. I thought 3 star Spidey was supposed to get an offensive attack soon?

Malmorian

^
I actually opened a spot to have 1* Spidey. What a great character. Web tiles are generated and he creates crit tiles?! Jeeeesus...he'd be a powerhouse in the all powered event at the end of every season

Triz

Pull a 4 star from the Juggs event with boosted Deadpool drop rate and its a Hulkbuster, with less odds than the Deadpool. This game is the most epic Troll.

Malmorian

I will probably try him out with venom.

Yeah that would make a great match...if only i could spare another slot for him, and even then only in specific situations. Really makes me jones for a team-centric type of play with a decent 3* Spidey and a great new LazyVenom

TimeKillr

*Another* 4-star incoming.

And it sounds fucking ridiculous. It's basically Falcon Captain America. Fill the board with a ton of protect tiles, then deal absurd damage based on the amount of protect tiles you have (something like 7.3k base + 1.1k per protect tile at max level).

Malmorian

More 4*'s is fucking ridiculous. What happened to Drax? No full GotG roster?! I know they want us to transition to 4*'s eventually, but the rarity of those drops combined with them only being 1st place prizes turns this into a $ grab to even get a single cover.

Dammit I hate ragging on this game..especially since i'm on day 509 or so. Just wish they'd stop with spamming 4* characters

zulux21

More 4*'s is fucking ridiculous. What happened to Drax?

Who?

while I actually do know the answer to that question in general I always forget that he is even in the movie/ a member of the guardians lol.

im gonna guess I am not alone and thus why he isn't used anywhere.

Ape

Banned
he does look bad ass... just bad ass enough that in 8 weeks or so I expect him to get nerfed :p

Everyone's favorite part of the game. I sort of want to keep playing after everyone stops playing. You guys know what I mean, after the player numbers and revenue drop dramatically from what it is now. That's going to be an interesting day in mpq land.

Top Bottom