• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

Damn, my 10-pack had nothing usable but a Sentry. And I've literally never used him except when forced.

However, I'm #2 in my season at the moment, so there may be more 10-packs coming my way.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I pulled the legendary token out of the Deadpool Daily today! It was a Professor X blue. It can happen guys!

Excellent! I'm waiting for my 1/300 chance...

But to be fair there's a handful of good things in the DD for me. So even if I miss the Legendary I can still strike it rich.

Good lord that guy has several of the same 4* characters just to have different builds ready, that's an obscene amount of money spent.
The most shocking part of that video is seeing that 20 people in his alliance played yesterday!

but seriously-fuck that whale. How is that even possible? Have there even been 5 LEgendary Tokens given away? How much money do people even have?
He probably bought lots of 40 packs of heroics to get those legendary tokens.

Spoit

Good lord that guy has several of the same 4* characters just to have different builds ready, that's an obscene amount of money spent.

He probably bought lots of 40 packs of heroics to get those legendary tokens.

He also got obscenely lucky with them. IIRC the expected odds for the # of tokens he opened was like 1 cover and change

Dalek

10 pack opened-
1 Hulkbuster
1 Invisible Woman
finally-my 3rd Hood black cover
Dead pool black cover I didn't need

Pretty good haul...

Sadly my Hulkbuster is 3/1/0. Without that red he's pretty useless.

zulux21

heh was climbing my rankings no problem and as I was about to hit 900 got hit hard (lost 50 points in one hit) and decided it was time to just shield and hope my 100 point lead was enough to snag an iceman and not get greedy going for a starlord cover :p

I don't think it will be though second place is climbing hard, if they don't get attacked they will pass me easily.

but it was the right call to give up the climb, while I was typing this

btoW5Z2.png

:p

also I kicked tobor from the alliance since they haven't played in 24 days. aka there is an opening in gafvengers

also paging Kidinsomnia and turbolibre to see if you are still alive :p I want my 10 iso from each of you darn it :p

Yeah, I tried twice to make it over 900 and got bumped back each time. Shielded, so I hopefully do a successful defense to get me the 17 points I need.

zulux21

Yeah, I tried twice to make it over 900 and got bumped back each time. Shielded, so I hopefully do a successful defense to get me the 17 points I need.

i've been hit like 11 times since I put up my shield, even if I kept climbing like I was I would be down like 200 points now lol.

second place keeps creeping though, now only 23 points behind (man I would feel so much safer had I just shielded at 880... I was actually about to when I got hit, but I was debating if I should or not since I couldn't find a good match.)

edit: and now they are 10 points in front of me, hopefully they get greedy and it bites them

ooh they are still going for it, 42 points in front of me now, a hard hit could get them below me easily.
and now they are 7 points in front of me :p bwa ha ha now 37 behind me, keep falling my pretty. hehehe they shielded, I will be asleep when this ends so it's possible they will try to shield hop me but w/e it was funny to watch.

I'm 17th. I don't even need both of the covers for my Colossus, nor do I really care to level him anyway. Just want that e-peen and to keep my 2nd place in the season.

zulux21

so they finally responded about the 4 star transition

Hello everyone,

We wanted to acknowledge that we've heard your feedback and have read through the recent comments regarding the new 4-Star Deadpool's Daily Quest, as well as the 4-Star transition in general.

4-Star Deadpool’s Daily Quest
Many of you have stated that the first fight presented is too hard and the Legendary Token is too difficult to obtain. We will be taking a look at the numbers behind-the-scenes and assessing if the current challenge is where we expected it to be. While we cannot guarantee a change in difficulty will be made, we will certainly look at the numbers and investigate the results. How many players are engaging with and beating the Daily, attempts required across character roster tiers, etc.

The 4-Star Deadpool’s Daily Quest was designed to be significantly challenging. We attempted to communicate this in a number of places before the event went live; in the Silver Surfer announcement thread, the monthly Q&A video (transcript), and IceIX’s posts (example). Obviously, our communication was not clear enough or not concise enough, as many of you stated your assumption that it would not be as difficult as it is.

A couple things to note about the difficulty level (not that it shouldn’t be difficult!)
- Cyclops is one of the higher damage output characters in the game, right up there with a buffed Juggernaut or Ares. While Steve Rogers could throw one shield at level 270 and take you down, his other two powers aren’t as severe, whereas all three of Cyclops’s powers can cause a loss if you’re not careful/lucky. By definition, Cyclops is going to be a tough customer in a 1v1.

- The opponent currently gets a Team-Up while the player doesn’t. The player not getting Team-Ups was a very late design choice. However, the enemy Team-Ups cannot be disabled without a client change (without disabling Team-Ups for the entire Deadpool’s Daily). This client change is planned, but due to our production pipeline, shouldn’t be expected in the near future.

4-Star Transition
One thing that we believe has gone largely unrealized by many of our players (possibly due to miscommunication, possibly due to simple misunderstanding) is that the Deadpool’s Daily Quest token is not, and was not meant to be, the single way that we intend players to transition towards 4-Star rosters.

The DDQ token is just one of many new ways helping to ease the 4-Star transition, along with methods that are already in the game. We are also making changes in the upcoming season that will help with this transition. As long-time players know, from similar changes to the 3-Star transition, this likely will not be the only changes that will be made (if we find that players are not progressing at a rate that is acceptable given the rest of the player base.)

To summarize recent changes to boost 4-Star output to players:
- (Season 16) Increased odds of 4-Stars by about 50% in Heroic and Event packs.
- (Season 18) Added Legendary Tokens as progression rewards at the top end of each Story Event.
- (Season 18) Switched in Legendary Tokens as progression rewards at 1300 Progression in each Versus Event.
- (Season 18) Added Legendary Tokens as part of the Deadpool’s Daily Quest.
- (Season 18) Switched in 1 Legendary Token for a 4-Star cover in the Taco Vault.
- (Season 18) Added a Legendary Token for each 40-pack purchased.
- (Season 19) To switch in Legendary Tokens as the top Alliance rewards (replacing the static cover).
- (Season 19) Increasing odds of 4-Stars in Heroic and Event packs.
- (Season 19) Adding a Legendary Token as a progression reward for the Versus season.
- (Upcoming) Introducing a brand new gameplay feature that will assist all players with the 3, 4, and 5-Star transitions.

Just to be clear, we’re also perfectly aware that simply gaining covers isn’t the only issue facing players. There’s also the price of Roster Slots, Iso-8 costs, and a reward structure not ideally optimized for all players trying to push into the 3-Star play area. We don’t have an announcement at the moment on the above issues, but we are very much aware of them and will share information on upcoming changes when they are ready.

Thanks very much for your continued valuable feedback and for reading!

it will be a bit nicer if they disable the team up, but at the same time.... why not just give the AI a useless team up like switcharoo? if they think it is an issue why give them ones that help them speed up death lol.

either way I am curious what the anniversary will bring.

incoming 5 star devil disco dino who only has cheap dance moves that move tiles and a crap ton of hp.

Well, Day 277 and I just maxed out my first ***, and then the next day I max out my second, and now two others one cover away from being able to max them out as well.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
10 pack opened-
1 Hulkbuster
1 Invisible Woman
finally-my 3rd Hood black cover
Dead pool black cover I didn't need

Pretty good haul...

Sadly my Hulkbuster is 3/1/0. Without that red he's pretty useless.

Shoot, I still don't even have a single Hulkbuster.

This Invisible Woman DD is a pain. Matching blues is important for her, but that gives Quicksilver AOE damage that buttfucks me even with my invisible tile out (which is MANDATORY)

Dalek

First 4 star I finished, but then again Invisible Woman is the highest ranked 4 star I have. Got a Yellow X-Force Wolverine.

4 stars I have no covers of:
Jean Grey
Sam Wilson
Iceman
Mr. Fantastic

and of course-Silver Surfer

My second run at 120 nailed it. Just stayed invisible the whole time and carefully tried to manage Quicksilver's tiles as best I could. Thanks for the advice all.

Dalek

My second run at 120 nailed it. Just stayed invisible the whole time and carefully tried to manage Quicksilver's tiles as best I could. Thanks for the advice all.

Yeah that's the best advice-and if you can, save your bubbles for when he has 3 Blues ready to go. Then use your bubbles to break them.

zulux21

tedious but not hard this time.

if you only had her yellow this would be doable, I don't know how doable this one is if you didn't have yellow though.

also got confirmation that marvel puzzle quest will be releasing for ps3/ps4/xbox360/1
release date not known but details will be announced soon.
it will not be free to play.

ideally this will be the release of MPQ I have always wanted, where it's like $10 base but you can more easily get iso and can get HP, where all of the story events are available in order, but instead of updating the game with new characters and stories every 3-5 months they just release a $5 expansion that adds all of the new characters (like 5 of them) and stories to the game.

Dalek

tedious but not hard this time.

if you only had her yellow this would be doable, I don't know how doable this one is if you didn't have yellow though.

also got confirmation that marvel puzzle quest will be releasing for ps3/ps4/xbox360/1
release date not known but details will be announced soon.
it will not be free to play.

ideally this will be the release of MPQ I have always wanted, where it's like $10 base but you can more easily get iso and can get HP, where all of the story events are available in order, but instead of updating the game with new characters and stories every 3-5 months they just release a $5 expansion that adds all of the new characters (like 5 of them) and stories to the game.

Wow! I guess this 100% confirms the saves will not sync.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Beaten at 120. Very doable, better than expected. Got a Surfer!

zulux21

Shouldn't we be saving our legendary tokens?

if you are heavily into the 4 star transition, yes save them so you can get 5 stars as when the next 5 star comes out the token will give a 10% chance of a 5 star.

if you are just starting/in the middle then hell no don't why would you want to waste more HP on roster spaces for 5 star stuff that will just rot there until you finish the giant slog through the 4 star transition? Beyond that getting 4 star covers from the tokens now might allow you to get more tokens later when it's a different 4 star trying to defeat that node.

at least these are my thoughts as the only way i will get legendary tokens right now are from the dead pool stuff as pve is to much of a grind for me to bother (plus I don't want to screw up my bracketing) and PVP is impossible for me, even with the PVP event being one where my team was great I couldn't quite crack the 1k before being abused to no end since I didn't have a 4 star team.

Ape

Banned
I see. My highest 4* is wolverine, he's at six covers. Everyone else has either 1 or 2.

I have
Xforce (6)
IW (2)
Electra (2)
Kingpin (2)
Ant-Man (1)
Iceman (1)
Jean Grey (1)
Nick Fury (1)
Prof X (1)

TimeKillr

if you are heavily into the 4 star transition, yes save them so you can get 5 stars as when the next 5 star comes out the token will give a 10% chance of a 5 star.

if you are just starting/in the middle then hell no don't why would you want to waste more HP on roster spaces for 5 star stuff that will just rot there until you finish the giant slog through the 4 star transition? Beyond that getting 4 star covers from the tokens now might allow you to get more tokens later when it's a different 4 star trying to defeat that node.

at least these are my thoughts as the only way i will get legendary tokens right now are from the dead pool stuff as pve is to much of a grind for me to bother (plus I don't want to screw up my bracketing) and PVP is impossible for me, even with the PVP event being one where my team was great I couldn't quite crack the 1k before being abused to no end since I didn't have a 4 star team.

Has it been confirmed that all 5 stars will be at 5% in the legendary tokens, or it's going to be 5% change total to get a 5 star?

Basically, here's what I think -

Right now, you have a 5% chance to get a 5-star. There's only one, so of course he gets full %. When a new one gets released, there's 2 things that can happen:

1- Each has a 5% chance. If they do that, every single 4* will get a lower chance (they'll go from 95% to 90% chance)
2- Each has a 2.5% chance. If they do that, 4* probability will not change (still 95%), and you still have a 5% chance of getting a 5*, it's just that individually you'll have 2.5% chance per 5*.

AFAIK they've never increased drop rates, they just spread them out all over the rarity, which makes sense (and which makes this the best time to pull your legendary token since this is the highest chance ever you'll get a specific cover).

Yeah that's the best advice-and if you can, save your bubbles for when he has 3 Blues ready to go. Then use your bubbles to break them.

Exactly - that's what I did to "manage" them. Helped out a few times.

I see. My highest 4* is wolverine, he's at six covers. Everyone else has either 1 or 2.

Yeah, my 4* game is weak. They've already done events for the three I have any covers for.

Fury 2/2/3 @ 147
Xforce 3/2/2 @ 147
IW 2/3/5 @ 120

And then these guys are all useless & haven't been leveled

Dogshit Dinosaur 2/1/1 (I actually brought him to 94 for some reason)
Thor 1/1/1
Electra 2/1/1
Hulkbuster 1/0/2
Prof X 2/0/0
Ant-Man 1/0/0
Kingpin 0/1/0
Star Lord 1/0/0
Thing 1/0/0

zulux21

Has it been confirmed that all 5 stars will be at 5% in the legendary tokens, or it's going to be 5% change total to get a 5 star?

Basically, here's what I think -

Right now, you have a 5% chance to get a 5-star. There's only one, so of course he gets full %. When a new one gets released, there's 2 things that can happen:

1- Each has a 5% chance. If they do that, every single 4* will get a lower chance (they'll go from 95% to 90% chance)
2- Each has a 2.5% chance. If they do that, 4* probability will not change (still 95%), and you still have a 5% chance of getting a 5*, it's just that individually you'll have 2.5% chance per 5*.

AFAIK they've never increased drop rates, they just spread them out all over the rarity, which makes sense (and which makes this the best time to pull your legendary token since this is the highest chance ever you'll get a specific cover).

Spoit has said a number of times the percent odds will increase not get split and he is almost never wrong :p

Man, had QS literally down to 151 health before he connected his blue attack. Unlucky.

Edit: Whew, beat him soundly with like 5000 health still on my IW.

shaowebb

Invisible Woman node is doable because she can stay invisible and if the RNG gods don't shat upon you then you can keep popping Quicksilver's passive locked tiles before he can turn them into an attack that can actually hit you.

I won...and I drew ANOTHER Invisible Woman who has only ever proven useful for this...FML.

Dalek

I've lost over 500 points in the simulator today from being attacked. I don't think there's anyway I'll hit 2000 this season

Malmorian

I have yet to win one of these battles after numerous attempts in the past few weeks, my XFW really had the only chance and it's been downhill since for me. Must be nice to need 4*s to get 4*'s. What a load of shit imho

Top Bottom