• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

Yeah without a red, it's impossible. Otherwise your abilities just generate red for him to collect and kill you with.

I just pulled my first black Hulkbuster from the DD pool. At level 94 1/1/2 there is still ZERO chance. I am fine with it though; the last three **** matches have at least been entertaining unlike the first.

Now that I have my third Green KK do I bite the bullet and spend 2500 HP for two more to max her covers and include her in my 166 roster? She seems like she could displace GSBW pretty nicely.

Dalek

I just pulled my first black Hulkbuster from the DD pool. At level 94 1/1/2 there is still ZERO chance. I am fine with it though; the last three **** matches have at least been entertaining unlike the first.

Now that I have my third Green KK do I bite the bullet and spend 2500 HP for two more to max her covers and include her in my 166 roster? She seems like she could displace GSBW pretty nicely.

She is one of the few characters I did spend the HP on to just get covers. She's worth it because she can be used in almost any team.

Question about the Shield Simulator. Is there any rhyme or reason that determines the amount of points a fight gives? Why do some give like 10 points and others 55?

She is one of the few characters I did spend the HP on to just get covers. She's worth it because she can be used in almost any team.

Question about the Shield Simulator. Is there any rhyme or reason that determines the amount of points a fight gives? Why do some give like 10 points and others 55?

It is based on how many points the opponent has. That's why you get attacked more the higher your points are.

Dalek

OK I hit 1900 in the Simulator, and I shielded for 8 hours-to give me enough time to heal everyone and get my health packs back-and I'm going to set an alarm to do the final push in the middle of the night, 2 AM-hopefully everyone will be asleep and I can do the final push without getting slammed. Pray for me.

OK I hit 1900 in the Simulator, and I shielded for 8 hours-to give me enough time to heal everyone and get my health packs back-and I'm going to set an alarm to do the final push in the middle of the night, 2 AM-hopefully everyone will be asleep and I can do the final push without getting slammed. Pray for me.
#prayfordalek

Dalek

Galactus is coming.

http://www.polygon.com/2015/10/1/94...-birthday-galactus-boss-fight-year-two-second

Marvel Puzzle Quest, D3 Go's free-to-play casual match-three game, is celebrating its second birthday this weekend. And the publishers has invited a special guest for the occasion: the eater of worlds himself, Galactus.

Beginning this Thursday, Oct. 8, Marvel Puzzle Quest players will be able to take part in a boss battle event against Galactus. As with the previous Ultron boss fight event from this summer, players will need to work together to chip away at Galactus' health and eventually take him down.

The game will also feature two new multiplayer tournaments during the birthday celebrations: one focused on Devil Dinosaur and one focused on "the class of 2015" — all the playable heroes and villains introduced to the game throughout the last year. Red Hulk and a new classic version of Cyclops will join the game during the festivities.

Even if you're not planning to jump into the new events, D3 will also be giving away some nice gifts to players. Anyone logging in during the event will receive a special recruit token for free, and anniversary character packs will be available to purchase at a special reduced price. Players will also receive double ISO rewards for taking part in versus and story events during the birthday.

D3 Go shared an infographic with some interesting stats about the game, which you can check out below.

Marvel_Puzzle_Quest_2_Year_Anniversary_Infographic.0.png

Red Hulk and Classic Cyclops coming, and a Silver Surfer Daily reward on day 730.

Galactus is coming.

Red Hulk and Classic Cyclops coming, and a Silver Surfer Daily reward on day 730.

Sweet. November 5 for me.

Disappointed that they mentioned Dickbutt Dinosaur though. Wish they'd give away something useful during the anniversary instead of that character.

Got extremely lucky and got a Legendary token on my first taco token, but I don't have any space for new characters(and I REALLY don't want Silver Surfer for scaling reasons) so I should probably hold onto it for now.

And yeah I'm literally going to sell Devil Dinosaur the first chance I get, I have no space for joke characters I'm never going to use anyway.

Dalek

It'll be a long time before I get that login reward.

I'm curious to see the new events. We'll need to all team up again. Do we have active users in GAFvengers? I only seem to get 16 loggged in user bonuses a day. > <

I also assume Red Hulk and Cyclops will be 5 stars.

NineH

our average in gafvengers seems to be 18 a day. One of the commanders hasn't played for over a month I think since their name is always in the not played area on the list when it says who played the previous day.

Anniversary time is awesome, looks to be even better this year. It's also going to partially be during Canadian thanksgiving, so I might be playing at night/morning only for next weekend. We'll see.

zulux21

our average in gafvengers seems to be 18 a day. One of the commanders hasn't played for over a month I think since their name is always in the not played area on the list when it says who played the previous day.

yeah someone is going to need to contact support and maybe get kid and turbo kicked (though I think one of them recently played so I will have to check again tomorrow)

I want a full alliance for galactus thus no need for dead commanders ><;

Dalek

yeah someone is going to need to contact support and maybe get kid and turbo kicked (though I think one of them recently played so I will have to check again tomorrow)

I can do it. I'll send it when you let me know who the one who hasn't played recently is.

zulux21

If you guys ever have an opening in the GAF guild(s) I'd be happy to join :)

Malmorian is next on my list to add, but if we do indeed need to kick two commanders then you could have the second slot.

I can do it. I'll send it when you let me know who the one who hasn't played recently is.

neither has a season pvp score, and neither did the last pve.

shadow also doesn't do much, but I figure they are likely to come back for the anniversary and when they do stuff they do a lot :p.

but yeah, I am not sure which one logged in. I just remember I got 180 iso this morning, and shadow for sure didn't log in so one of those two had to, but they don't talk in here anymore either ><;

also day 730 is 91 days away for me... curse you last steam release ><:

Dalek

Malmorian is next on my list to add, but if we do indeed need to kick two commanders then you could have the second slot.

neither has a season pvp score, and neither did the last pve.

shadow also doesn't do much, but I figure they are likely to come back for the anniversary and when they do stuff they do a lot :p.

but yeah, I am not sure which one logged in. I just remember I got 180 iso this morning, and shadow for sure didn't log in so one of those two had to, but they don't talk in here anymore either ><;

I wonder if a "Commander" has to do the request, actually now that I think about it. Otherwise we might need to start a fresh Alliance.

zulux21

I wonder if a "Commander" has to do the request, actually now that I think about it. Otherwise we might need to start a fresh Alliance.

ah, I can likely do it when I figure it out, I kicked some commanders out when the ultron event was coming, actually only took like 10 minutes to do so lol. I just need to pay attention. I wish it listed how many days since a commander last played as well.

I bit the bullet and spent HP on two Kamala Khan green covers to bring her up to 3/5/5 @ 166. She's terrific!

Up until now my Deadpool Daily go-to has always been based on team attacks. Most recently I used Doom, Panther & LThor but I was often a few thousand health points down after I was done. Today I went with KK, Cage & Mags...it was a slower match, but I was at near-full health by the end.

Dalek

ah, I can likely do it when I figure it out, I kicked some commanders out when the ultron event was coming, actually only took like 10 minutes to do so lol. I just need to pay attention. I wish it listed how many days since a commander last played as well.

I'm sure if you mention our Alliance name, they have metadata they can check on the last time a player logged in-and they can use that as the metric to determine who needs to go.

I bit the bullet and spent HP on two Kamala Khan green covers to bring her up to 3/5/5 @ 166. She's terrific!

Up until now my Deadpool Daily go-to has always been based on team attacks. Most recently I used Doom, Panther & LThor but I was often a few thousand health points down after I was done. Today I went with KK, Cage & Mags...it was a slower match, but I was at near-full health by the end.

Yeah, I think Kamala might be the best character in the game, in my opinion. She's as versatile and useful as OBW, but does damage too.

You have my sword for Galactus.

I'm sad that I missed the KK cover while on a 24-hour flight. Didn't get a chance to try my weak-ass Hulkbuster, either.

zulux21

I'm sure if you mention our Alliance name, they have metadata they can check on the last time a player logged in-and they can use that as the metric to determine who needs to go.

Yeah, I think Kamala might be the best character in the game, in my opinion. She's as versatile and useful as OBW, but does damage too.

oh yeah last time I kicked a commander it was a simple email to support saying that they haven't logged in a for a while and it would be great if we could replace the slot with someone more active.

Ha, that was probably me. I've stopped playing and actually had the app deleted for a bit, I just can't keep up with the grind when there's other stuff to play. Saved ya the email though and kicked myself. I'll still dabble, but no way I'll be contributing as much as before.

zulux21

Ha, that was probably me. I've stopped playing and actually had the app deleted for a bit, I just can't keep up with the grind when there's other stuff to play. Saved ya the email though and kicked myself. I'll still dabble, but no way I'll be contributing as much as before.

Thanks for that.

to be fair I do minimal stuff as well aside from events that interest me (the big team ones do :p)

I just do dead pool each day before I go to work to wake up really.

but I do appreciate that you took yourself out if you won't log in each day. I'm sad that so many of the long time players burned out :(

man after I have kid kicked for not playing there is only going to be 4 commanders left @_@ I remember when we had like 11 of them ><

Thanks for that.

to be fair I do minimal stuff as well aside from events that interest me (the big team ones do :p)

I just do dead pool each day before I go to work to wake up really.

but I do appreciate that you took yourself out if you won't log in each day. I'm sad that so many of the long time players burned out :(

man after I have kid kicked for not playing there is only going to be 4 commanders left @_@ I remember when we had like 11 of them ><

I'm not too happy about it either. I used to play it all the time and was one of the breadwinners. My roster is still damn good, but this 4 star game is absolutely impenetrable. It was about the time they introduced three new four stars, and the last drop I had was months ago, I realized I need to bail.

Who knows though, I might get back into it and play hard again one day. I'm definitely gonna try this Galactus thing too, if it doesn't require a group. But until then, dailies are the only thing that interest me, and even that I only look at once a week.

zulux21

I'm not too happy about it either. I used to play it all the time and was one of the breadwinners. My roster is still damn good, but this 4 star game is absolutely impenetrable. It was about the time they introduced three new four stars, and the last drop I had was months ago, I realized I need to bail.

Who knows though, I might get back into it and play hard again one day. I'm definitely gonna try this Galactus thing too, if it doesn't require a group. But until then, dailies are the only thing that interest me, and even that I only look at once a week.

Galactus is going to run like the ultron thus you will need a group to do decently.

as for the 4 star game, I am slowly getting there (very slowly) but at this point you can still do just fine with merely a 3 star team. we will see how long that continues though as I imagine things will start getting scaled more and more towards 4 star and 5 star teams in events such as the ultron and what not events.

I just run the dailies for the tacos for the most part, as I am getting close to having all of my 3 stars fully covered. only 210 more days before I can get a full vault from one of the taco sides >.>

TimeKillr

I don't think KK is the best character in the game, but she's damn good.

You can either use her as a healing machine with low-cost teams (typically 5/3/5) or use her as a green battery for her AoE that will also be sped up with her purple (3/5/5).

I personally like her as 5/3/5 because I have a ton of use for purple in my teams (Iron Fist, Scarlet Witch, etc). Though I can imagine having KK for green battery + aoe, Scarlet Witch for purple battery and someone else, I dunno, maybe like Cyclops or Luke Cage for damage and you're golden.

Speaking of which, Luke Cage is one of my MVPs. That yellow does absurd damage, wow.

I hit 2000 points in the simulator this morning - wasn't too hard, I only got attacked twice overnight and I was at 1850 this morning so I just grinded to 2000 quickly. Jean Grey cover! I'm only at 2 now, but hey.

zulux21

Got extremely lucky and got a Legendary token on my first taco token, but I don't have any space for new characters(and I REALLY don't want Silver Surfer for scaling reasons) so I should probably hold onto it for now.

And yeah I'm literally going to sell Devil Dinosaur the first chance I get, I have no space for joke characters I'm never going to use anyway.

I got him demoted while at work so if you want in there is an open slot once I remove him as he has clearly stopped playing.

it's gaf-vengers

zulux21

How does one campaign for Commander role?

oh yeah i was thinking about that earlier today.

you were one of the people I wanted to promote to commander lol.

I am assuming you are

I mean you are active in here, and often score well on things.

the other person I was thinking about was

as he often racks up a ton of points in PVE.

but before I added anyone I wanted another one of the commanders to chime in.

I mean I feel like I am the only moderator for the alliance anymore and thus wanted to promote one of you two or both in case something happened to me. but didn't want to do it without someone else chiming in, but at the same time I have done lots of things without anyone else really chiming in... though those were removing inactive people instead of making someone unkickable >.>

zulux21

I'm not in your alliance but Dalek is solid.

How do I demote people!?

to demote someone from commander you need to either...

A. ask the person to temp leave and then let them back in or...

B. if they have been inactive for a bit contact support and they will demote them. If they are being active there isn't much you can do as far as I know, but the commanders I have removed from gaf-vengers were inactive for 20+ days and support did it in a few hours (during normal business hours)

Oh wow I went from contributing a quarter of my Alliance's points(they probably weren't very active in events) to contributing an average amount of points, I didn't know the GAF Alliance was so high up.

Today's DDQ tokens got me an unneeded 3-star and a Legendary token, which turned into another Thing cover. Not bad!

Did you stock up a ton of them or are you using them every day?

I got up to about 40 in each vault and then just spent them all. Got a few things I needed, and a million health packs.

We are on the Internet's premier video game discussion forum, www.neogaf.com. what did you expect? ;)
Thisisneogaf.gif

Oh wow I went from contributing a quarter of my Alliance's points(they probably weren't very active in events) to contributing an average amount of points, I didn't know the GAF Alliance was so high up.
Glad you got a spot. I had a couple of people who ALMOST were gone long enough to get dropped, but came back.

zulux21

we used to be a top 100, but then a number of us stopped trying to hard and a few members ran to other more hard core alliances...

anyways this was pretty

zulux21

Glad to be part of the guild, i'm a daily player with a decent roster, i'll do my best to add points and kick ass!

i've been pretty laid back with the managing people, as long as you aren't regularly racking up 5+ days without logging in I haven't in general paid much mind to anyone.

with the alliance battles like ultron we prefer if people do their part but well, it's just a game :p

Every day. Can't stand to see unused tokens.

:p

Malmorian

i've been pretty laid back with the managing people, as long as you aren't regularly racking up 5+ days without logging in I haven't in general paid much mind to anyone.

with the alliance battles like ultron we prefer if people do their part but well, it's just a game :p

Honestly, this is the only mobile game I play so no worries there my friend!

I was up to 55 taco tokens in each when I went and used them all. Got a few good things, but no IF covers (even though there were 6 in there). That made me sad.

Top Bottom