• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

TimeKillr

Muscle + fucking ninjas, go fuck yourself honestly. I let even one Threat happen and I'm quickly dying because of Turn to Smoke.

Yeah those ninja are the worst, really.

Turn to Smoke is such a shitty ability for these guys to have. It's by far the most annoying one.

I love when there's those ISO-8 dudes that fill the board with purple, though. Hello Iron Fist lol

I removed anyone that was inactive for 15+ days a few days ago to get ready to the new event, I posted in here multiple times for the people who were going to be removed to comment and the only one that did removed himself from the alliance.

I did indeed remove you, you were at like 24 days without logging in.

edit: I will also note I won't be free to help with the event right away tomorrow, not until tomorrow night.

Like I said, I understood.

Bring a Daredevil, Patch, and Spider-Man. Match purples all day.

Sadly none of my 3*'s are usable yet so my options are limited. I got it second try, just barely though. Thankfully my Storm/Thor/OBW team keeps itself going once I have enough ap to keep spamming Storm's green > Thor's yellow > Storm's green, so after I get through the first hurdle of the deadpool daily it's usually smooth sailing.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sadly none of my 3*'s are usable yet so my options are limited. I got it second try, just barely though. Thankfully my Storm/Thor/OBW team keeps itself going once I have enough ap to keep spamming Storm's green > Thor's yellow > Storm's green, so after I get through the first hurdle of the deadpool daily it's usually smooth sailing.
Ah, good luck then. Not a fun time. Best chance is those board clearers. It's gonna be rough for a long time for you.

Dalek

Those ninjas are the worst. I just bring Blade, Cyke and Steve to match red and they have tons of HP.

By the way-Galactus approaches...

NineH

like clockwork, their servers crashed during the first 15 minutes or so of the special event. That's D3 for you I suppose.

Do they think people actually want Devil Dinosaur? Why are those anniversary 10/40 packs so expensive when you have a 10% chance to pull a useless cover out of it.

Dalek

Unreal. This is exactly what happened with the Ultron event.

also:

Anniversary tokens have GREATLY REDUCED 4* odds - not cool!

Instead of giving us an extra chance to grab the 4* covers people who've been around for a year so badly need, the odds of getting a non-Devil Dino character of that tier have been dropped by two thirds, down to just .1% for each! Maybe I'm misremembering, but I could have sworn last year's model featured overall boosted 4* odds even when you took DD out of the equation and this year that is decidedly not the case. Given that Devil Dino, neat though he is, remains a novelty character and not something useful for actually playing the game that means the anniversary tokens are much much much worse than a standard heroic or event token this time around.

So much for spending any HP on them. Even the daily deal is overpriced.

I ran all the nodes on Galacticus. Will check back in a bit for round 2.

I still can't get in at all.

On the upside, at least I hit a milestone today:

EMjCrRo.jpg

Malmorian

Just pulled my first, non-dupe 3* with a Black IF ( SO close to him being useful! ) but having really bad connection problems all day. Also wish I had a single JG cover :/

Dalek

On I've cleared out all the nodes I can. I have to wait 8 hours now.
tbPTJog.jpg

GSBW, SW and Prof X are a great team for taking down Galactus.

On I've cleared out all the nodes I can. I have to wait 8 hours now.

GSBW, SW and Prof X are a great team for taking down Galactus.

I beat Galactus once but the network connection hung on the way out of the match. Cannot get back into the game now.

My two blue Prof x will be of little use in this battle!

Dalek

Does Galactus get harder each time you clear a node? I'm finally in but am not coming close to killing him after my first successful run.

I failed twice-but it's just a matter of preventing him from accumlating enough black AP. My two go to teams were the one I mentioned before and Blade/Steve/Cyclops.

I failed twice-but it's just a matter of preventing him from accumlating enough black AP. My two go to teams were the one I mentioned before and Blade/Steve/Cyclops.

Well, that sucked. I finished all the nodes but beat him just twice. Unfortunately among my under-covered characters are Cyclops, SW & IF which are some of the great ones.

From my alliance chat: she hulk, hood, and obw works if your hood is not over leveled so that obw tanks black.
No one has been able to try to devour him yet.

Malmorian

Just pulled my 1st yellow cover for Ant-Man from the tokens, everything else has been 2* junk. Kills me that I don't have a single Jean cover for this event :/

You'd maybe think that they'd either give us better odds on these anniversary / galactic tokens or have them be cheaper.

SPEND 500BP FOR A CHANCE TO GET YOUR VERY OWN DEVIL DINOSAUR

How about you fuck off

Yeah that's what's so insane about it, it doesn't even make business sense. Nobody in their right mind is going to spend their BP on that awful token, it has far worse odds than a regular heroic token. But apparently it's supposed to be worth it because DD is a 4*.

zulux21

heh I got owned, learned not to aim for long strat must aim for quick death.

might try patch, IF, and widow next, widow to stall a little, patch for strike, IF for an attack tile.

Dalek

Yeah that's what's so insane about it, it doesn't even make business sense. Nobody in their right mind is going to spend their BP on that awful token, it has far worse odds than a regular heroic token. But apparently it's supposed to be worth it because DD is a 4*.

There is a devil dinosaur event coming up I believe next week so I'm glad I'm getting mine covered in the meantime.

hitoman

Galactus is infuriating. I haven't been able to beat him once. He kills me in 5 moves, I can't get off any moves, all of his tiles are placing in unmatchable areas. I don't know how they thought this was going to be fun. Ugh so frustrated.

Dalek

This "Anniversary" PVE where the first and l only fight is Avengers vs X-Men-finished that fight but got zero points or rewards and no nodes opened up.

Never mind. That's the "season" tile.

Galactus is infuriating. I haven't been able to beat him once. He kills me in 5 moves, I can't get off any moves, all of his tiles are placing in unmatchable areas. I don't know how they thought this was going to be fun. Ugh so frustrated.

The three or four times I've managed to take him down have been really random. I think if I went in with a boosted OBW preloaded with blue & purple it may be easier. I'll try that when my squad wakes up.

Top Bottom