• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

zulux21

the anniversary tokens like me so far.

i bought the 50hp one for the heck of it.

green dino

got one from the pvp
ZuXLM8K.png

gives me one of each of his colors now...
yay so useful :p

Triz

Looking forward to the next rounds where he can wipe you even sooner lol. Got him down 3/5 times last batch. Waiting on another refresh.

Got him down with OBW, 2* Marvel and 2* Storm. Marvel's Yellow is actually pretty valuable if you can't get enough purple, blue or green. So I basically have 4 colors to delay him, sadly I do basically no damage.

She-Hulk would be great too but I don't have her green.

zulux21

Looking forward to the next rounds where he can wipe you even sooner lol. Got him down 3/5 times last batch. Waiting on another refresh.

im 3/4 so far this time around the first time I was just screwed the other rounds went fine.

my team is patch, IF, and KK.

patch boosted drops a ton of extra damage with strike tiles.

IF doubles their power with his attack tile.

KK can use her purple cheaper than 3 star widow and can summon enough green to usually get me the last I need or to put enough tiles on the board to have strike tiles.

how has he changed to get meaner? (i've only played this current round)
I am reading he kills faster now.

edit:
technically 3/5 but that 5 was missing it by 400hp lol, I had an unlucky cascade that wiped all of my strike tiles lol.

also bwa ha ha ha I took over first

Alright I'm 2/4 with my new strat, which is honestly pretty nice with a 2* team, I don't think I can improve my chances any more. It all depends on how many blues and yellows I can get at the start, at some point OBW's purple is like pissing in the wind, though it gives some nice ap and can delay your death by a few turns.

zulux21

bleh, he is like 2.5 kills away from the round being over. I was hoping you guys would finish him so I could do some more hits before I got to bed, so I could do one more round before I go to work, but it seems like I won't be able to do that as time is running out.

3/4 with Patch, OBW and either Cyclops or Human Torch. Not bad. Just gotta get those blue early and often.

Those Galactus tokens, though. Is this some kind of cruel joke?

zulux21

Dang. That's a 4 star cover of your choice.

or ~3 roster slots if you currently have space for all 3 stars, most of the 4 stars and very little else :p

edit: I see you guys finished off round 4 and unlike ultron everything doesn't reset for round 5. lame.

NineH

I am having such bad luck with Galactus as I haven't beat him at all. Spent 50hp to get an anniversary token and beat the odds as I managed to get a Professor X.

TimeKillr

Yeah I beat him using Prof X, Scarlet Witch and IF.

Basically I rush to 15 purple, then use IF and pray I get enough 5 matches. It's always worked, but it's dangerous.

I'm not sure I'd be able to beat it going further in without using other teams, though. She-Hulk sounds like a super neat idea, so I'll see what I can do with her to kill his black.

I actually beat him without him getting any cosmic things out. My proudest MPQ moment.

A lot of it seems to be luck. I started stacking up on stockpile powerups to try and get moves out faster and that was pretty successful, but I can't find a consistent lineup to beat him with because sometimes you just get screwed and can't remove the Cosmic Tiles or the Countdowns.

I also managed to get some luck with the Anniversary tokens. Got 2 4 Stars, unfortunately they were A a color I had maxed (4* XFW Green) and B a very not helpful color (4* DP Black). Hopefully as the events go on I keep getting the 4*s but just better colors.

Got him to 400 hp then lost, how depressing. Though not as depressing as the time I got him to 14hp then lost. Also good lord does it take long to beat this round.

Woke up early to run through the Galactus nodes. Won 3 of 5, using X-Force Wolvie/IF/OBW and boosts. Temporarily jumped me to 2nd, though that certainly won't last.

Heh, he killed me on his 2nd turn this morning, that was a lot of fun.

It's kinda ridiculous how this goes sometimes.

Yep. Both of my attempts today have been thwarted as soon as he got off his second "tile suck".

To be fair, it's Galactus. I kind of like that he's hilariously difficult to defeat.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I've had zero issues with Galactus. 3-star Torch, OBW, and Iron Fist. It's been simple and haven't needed to health pack, beat him 3 times. Maybe luck? Fist is doing the most work on there, a few thou from his tile and his Purple is dope.

I've had zero issues with Galactus. 3-star Torch, OBW, and Iron Fist. It's been simple and haven't needed to health pack, beat him 3 times. Maybe luck? Fist is doing the most work on there, a few thou from his tile and his Purple is dope.

I'm beginning to think I should just bite the bullet and buy the last four covers I need for Fist. He seems to be such an integral part of many teams and my 3/2/4 one isn't much help.

A lot of it seems to be luck. I started stacking up on stockpile powerups to try and get moves out faster and that was pretty successful, but I can't find a consistent lineup to beat him with because sometimes you just get screwed and can't remove the Cosmic Tiles or the Countdowns.

I also managed to get some luck with the Anniversary tokens. Got 2 4 Stars, unfortunately they were A a color I had maxed (4* XFW Green) and B a very not helpful color (4* DP Black). Hopefully as the events go on I keep getting the 4*s but just better colors.

I just need to get a quick blue and green from OBW and Patch, then I'm set. OBW double shots with her colors, so that takes him down quickly.

I'm beginning to think I should just bite the bullet and buy the last four covers I need for Fist. He seems to be such an integral part of many teams and my 3/2/4 one isn't much help.

Same. He's basically worthless to me. I don't see what's so great about him - must be those last three covers. The purple power, especially. It makes like 3 black now.

zulux21

I just need to get a quick blue and green from OBW and Patch, then I'm set. OBW double shots with her colors, so that takes him down quickly.

Same. He's basically worthless to me. I don't see what's so great about him - must be those last three covers. The purple power, especially. It makes like 3 black now.

his purple move is the best black feed in the game.

his black move places a high damage attack tile on the board at most times. (as long as you don't match it your enemy will take 400+ damage plus strike tiles a turn extra.)

his green move puts down okay strike tiles if you have no better green move, his green isn't important :p

his black move places a high damage attack tile on the board at most times. (as long as you don't match it your enemy will take 400+ damage plus strike tiles a turn extra.)

his green move puts down okay strike tiles if you have no better green move, his green isn't important :p

So maybe good with Patch and BP?

Triz

Got in did the dead pool daily and pulled the legendary token again lol. 3/3 from the last three vaults. It was a red carnage.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Got in did the dead pool daily and pulled the legendary token again lol. 3/3 from the last three vaults. It was a red carnage.

This vault I've managed only 2-stars on every one. Loan me that luck. This is karma getting me for getting a Silver Surfer.

TimeKillr

Pretty much.

His purple power, being 5 AP, is insanely strong. Not to mention some of the best moves in the games are Black (BP, Luke Cage, etc), and that even if you don't need the black, then his purple power becomes deal 4k damage for 5 purple, which is insanely op. Just think about this - for 5 purple (which is 2 matches) you put 7 black on the board, which can crit and do cascades like crazy. It's ridiculously strong.

His attack tile is incredibly strong, especially against goons, and his green is good enough. Seriously, he's, imo, the best "support class" 3 star in the game. If you pair him with someone who has a good black power (BP, Luke Cage, Cyclops, etc) and someone who accelerates purple (Scarlet Witch being by far the superior option) and you've got a very, very strong team. It's that simple, really.

The entire Galactus fight is so damn stressful, I have to keep him busy for like 20 turns while I have to make the optimal move every single turn. It's kind of fun but the amount of luck needed(for my team anyway) makes it kind of frustrating.

Edit: like I just got destroyed in 3 turns and there was nothing I could have done except get lucky cascades.

Malmorian

Sorry for the double post, but OBW, 2* Mags and 3* Storm wrecked him with no issue. 10/10 would recommend, did require boosts to get the job donw

Dalek

I've beaten him twice this go around with Prof X, GSBW and SW-but thats only becasue I got lucky and got a 5 match right off the bat each time. Otherwise he wipes me out in 2 moves.

I'm always like 1 blue AP away from getting his countdown tiles stalled. I think I need to waste my big stockpile boosts...but I only have 7 and I'm sure we'll need it more later.

Dalek

Ok-just knocked him out a third time. My reward? 40 ISO. >_>

He beat me the last time. Grrr-so frustrating. I'm out for 5hr 49min now.

Also-is 4star Deadpool Daily Quest tommorow-with Thor? I have a lot of HP so I bought a cover for her and leveled her up, but I'm also leveling Devil Dinosaur in preparation for his event.

komarkaze

The easiest time I've had fighting Galactus so far is Human Torch, Patch and OBW with boosts. If you can get the strike tiles on the board early, then activating Torch's Fireball twice will kill Galactus.

If you're using a strat that generates a lot of crit tiles, consider using the crit booster to essentially double your damage. I still lost when I used it but I got a lot closer to beating him solely because of my increased damage.

Ape

Banned
I feel like this event is made for boosts. Either that or they wanted to give a challenge to their new maxxed out 5 stars. That could be why the difficulty is so much higher now.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Two spots open in my alliance, "Games Only" - we boot after a few days of inactivity so be forewarned. The spots will vanish quick.

hitoman

OMG just killed my first Galactus after about 20 tries. Got the bastard with OBW, Mowhawk Storm and KK. Used all boosts and got a lucky first board. KK and Storm almost infinitely feed each other. Felt good but still don't think it should be this hard

zulux21

Ok-just knocked him out a third time. My reward? 40 ISO. >_>

He beat me the last time. Grrr-so frustrating. I'm out for 5hr 49min now.

Also-is 4star Deadpool Daily Quest tommorow-with Thor? I have a lot of HP so I bought a cover for her and leveled her up, but I'm also leveling Devil Dinosaur in preparation for his event.

lady thor is a fine one for me, I will just have to sink in some iso to her so I can get her to 127 the max level... I will wait to see who she is facing though as if it's a level 270 IF or something like that I doubt I could kill him with her.

now if it's a level 270 Loki which thematically wouldn't be bad then it should be easy.

Dalek

lady thor is a fine one for me, I will just have to sink in some iso to her so I can get her to 127 the max level... I will wait to see who she is facing though as if it's a level 270 IF or something like that I doubt I could kill him with her.

now if it's a level 270 Loki which thematically wouldn't be bad then it should be easy.

With our luck it will be Cyclops again.

zulux21

With our luck it will be Cyclops again.

they have been doing themes so far.

I am expecting something like luke cage of IF though which would be nearly impossible to beat with a mid level 4 star because their auto tiles would just win the match lol.

Top Bottom