• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

I can't even imagine working down the what, 40k? health with just mn mag's lackluster CDs for actual damage
He's mostly used for generating blue for OBW, his red is the cherry on top.
I'm only on wave 4, so it's not too bad for me. Hold steals (I think he does, now that I mention it idk if his ability activates) then you do the obw mag combo. Red and yellow for damage/tile clearing.
Hood's passive doesn't activate unless Galactus actually has the ap, which means it's not much use in later rounds since he'll either have zero ap or enough to activate his power 99% of the time.

You know I just wish Galactus would wait one turn before he actually activated his black, giving you a chance to finish him or steal the black.

Dalek

I was hoping that we'd be closer to the Cyclops cover when I woke up this morning. I'm not disappointed in Gafvengers at all. I'm disappointed in how awful this event has become. It started out decently, but as several have said, I'm just wasting health packs on it, both in the preliminary rounds and in the moronic Galactus fight.

Yeah something tells me we're not getting a Cyclops.

Malmorian

Pulled 3 3*s today. All For Groot who's been maxed for ages :/
Also yeah, Cyc is looking less and less likely friends. Insta-kill on round 2 is some hot horseshit.

Triz

It looks like we aren't moving too much forward but I swear the "easy" rounds before him are taxing my health packs, then I get two hits on him and a wipe. I've only had one fight where I had him down below 10k this round. Haven't even beat him once. Lvl 350 can suck it.

Yeah I actually lost all of my motivation to keep trying, the "easy" missions require me to use some of my better characters to barely beat them just so I can get wiped by Galactus in 3 turns barring a miracle(I need a miracle every 2 turns after that as well).

I would have been fine with all of this if I could do more than 3k fucking damage to him(at best). Why couldn't they have just given him insane amounts of health instead of scaling the amount of ap he eats per cosmic tile and reducing the cd? Have it be a long and grueling fight instead of "Oh I'm dead" after 2 turns.

Malmorian

^ agree 100% here, it's not skill or endurance or a great team up. Just pure, bullshit luck to live past round 2. Congrats to all the $ teams that pulled a Cyc

I actually managed to beat Galactus twice just a bit ago, using IF/OBW/X-Force Wolvie and some generous boosts. Was able to delay the timers, destroy them, etc and get enough AP to launch a couple IF punches, followed by a Surgical Strike on all the blue on the board.

Definitely luck, though.

And while we might not get a Cyclops this round, I think they said they were running it again?

Dalek

I just read on the forums that it looks like devil dinosaur is going to be the next four-star character that is required to be used in dead Pool's daily quest.

zulux21

I actually managed to beat Galactus twice just a bit ago, using IF/OBW/X-Force Wolvie and some generous boosts. Was able to delay the timers, destroy them, etc and get enough AP to launch a couple IF punches, followed by a Surgical Strike on all the blue on the board.

Definitely luck, though.

And while we might not get a Cyclops this round, I think they said they were running it again?

if we make a push there is still a good chance... you have 10k just off from me last round and ideally I will take another 30-40k off doing the missions now that I am home from work.

I could also kick shaoebb and invite someone else in here to join as he hasn't joined the event yet (and is someone who has given me free reign to kick and return as I please as he burnt out a while back) but we would need a decently leveled player that hasn't joined the event before to make much difference.

I just read on the forums that it looks like devil dinosaur is going to be the next four-star character that is required to be used in dead Pool's daily quest.

It better be against someone like sentry because anyone that has a heal or a decent attack will own even the max level dino because he sucks lol.

edit:
my goal of 30-40k got a lot easier as I just got 24k
LmzAqlQ.jpg

edit: yeah we ain't gonna make it.

Yeah we're not. I went to give it a go with 90 min left, saw that we were still a ways out, and then lost my fight with Mystique, Loki and Hood. So that was that.

zulux21

I lost my will to fight yesterday after losing to Galactus in 2nd round 4x in a row. Sorry bros.

were you fielding level 1 characters :p

only way to lose in round two is if the cascades from the tiles going off kills ya, the horrible move was round 3 and killed me like 90% of the time (9% of the time I made it to round 4 before dying, and once I killed him in round six by having massive luck and being able to 4/5 match a number of times to kill his tiles and killing him round 6 or so)

btw I know you meant round 3, I am just messin'.
the event was horrible.

also it's gonna be weird leveling up this guy to level 130 or so in a few days if the legendary token event doesn't look to bad (rumor is it will be bagman)

What a shit event. I realized in like round 3 that it wasn't going to be skill-based in the slightest, it was literally luck every time. I hope I never see the Galactus event again, or at least that they tweak it severely.

also it's gonna be weird leveling up this guy to level 130 or so in a few days if the legendary token event doesn't look to bad (rumor is it will be bagman)

Ah yes, the character most people forgot was in the game. Reminds me of the time I played a PvP match against a guy who had a level 94 Bagman. I almost dropped my phone in laughter.

were you fielding level 1 characters :p

only way to lose in round two is if the cascades from the tiles going off kills ya, the horrible move was round 3 and killed me like 90% of the time (9% of the time I made it to round 4 before dying, and once I killed him in round six by having massive luck and being able to 4/5 match a number of times to kill his tiles and killing him round 6 or so)

btw I know you meant round 3, I am just messin'.
the event was horrible.

( -____-)

yes, Round 3. I was winning a lot before, but now I just can't get a break. He's cascading like a waterfall.

I think my 1/1/1 Devil Dino can take a maxed Bagman. Maybe.

zulux21

Not a great response from the devs, but at least they made the tokens better.

Galactus
Slightly more alliances than we expected (111) made it to round 7 of Galactus, and 49 alliances met the final score target in round 8. But we got lots of feedback about the experience of getting there that we want to act on, so we’ll be significantly re-tuning the event for its second run this weekend.

In particular:
We’ll be working to make sure that even in later rounds, there are multiple interesting strategies to tackle Galactus.
We’ll be aiming to make each individual fight against Galactus feel meatier and more satisfying, lasting longer than a short, predictable number of rounds for more players.

We’ve got fixes for some bugs and miscellaneous balance issues as well.

Introducing new and different gameplay always involves balance risks, so your feedback is especially valuable when we introduce something like Galactus, and we’re looking forward to hearing what you think of the changes.

A few players that completed round 8 hadn't received their third Cyclops (Classic) cover yet. Those covers have gone out now, so you should have them waiting for you.

it's really sad with as many alliances that are in the game that 111 reaching round 7 is more than they expected.

also it's sad they won't comment about how they said the minion nodes were trivial and easy but they were level 200 or so :/

Dalek

I guess there was a force quit method some Alliances used on Galactus-hit him with one round, force quit and the node remains open.

I'm okay with that response, except the part where they think it's okay that only about a hundred alliances got to stage 7, like seriously you think less than a hundred alliances deserve to get a 4* cover?

Triz

Yeah that pic above is what I was seeing. Reading they made the nodes "easy" offended me. Having to fight a wave of 12 guys then get a 350 gorgon is not easy.

Dalek

Got to 1000 for the first time in the Anniversary PVP-I'm really shocked. I immediately got hit for 65-so I shielded up-I figured I'll try my "middle of the night" trick again and see if I can somehow get up to 1300 and get a Legendary Token.

shugdaddy

Neo Member
The node in simulator with thing, scarlet witch and iceman is kicking my ass. They are level 237 and I can't stop them eventually getting enough blue to bring out the massive stuns and with it the big damage

Edit: and then I manage to do it in my next attempt lol

Yeah that pic above is what I was seeing. Reading they made the nodes "easy" offended me. Having to fight a wave of 12 guys then get a 350 gorgon is not easy.

Even the earlier round "easy" nodes were kind of insane. Beat 8 Shinobi who put down 4 Attack Tiles on death each then meet our level 200+ Gorgon who now has enough AP to 2 shot most of your characters!

bjork

Sounds like you need to update the app. The thing you clicked is for recruiting heroes and opening tokens. Don't do that until you know what is going on so you don't accidentally buy a token.

I updated the phone (hadn't gone to iOS 9 yet) and then reinstalled the app, same thing happened again. So I poked around their help section and there's a section for requesting an account reset, so I requested that. Said it'll take 24-72h, so maybe they can do it and I get in, or no and then I play on steam, I guess?

TimeKillr

Unshielded and did a fight. Then this loaded.

mq1OCyc.jpg

Fuck this game. Seriously.

Yeah this happens a lot - all of a sudden you unshield and you get hit like a truck. I don't really know why it happens, though, I guess you get matched more often if you don't have a shield?

Yeah this happens a lot - all of a sudden you unshield and you get hit like a truck. I don't really know why it happens, though, I guess you get matched more often if you don't have a shield?

If you are shielded, you should not even appear in people's queue. However, some of them might have you in there from before you shielded.

I'm not a fan of having a full roster of 40 characters when only 5 of them are viable at this point in time, I'm just forced to hang onto every one of these ***/**** characters until I finally get enough covers to make some of them viable.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Dang, pulled a Thing from an Anniversary token. We eatin'.

Dalek

I'm not a fan of having a full roster of 40 characters when only 5 of them are viable at this point in time, I'm just forced to hang onto every one of these ***/**** characters until I finally get enough covers to make some of them viable.

Can someone make a gif of this but change it to "This is MPQ"

n5UL7.gif

I got a 4 star in the Taco Vault today. Of course it was Devil Dinosaur though. Now he's 2/3/5

I'm terrified of getting DD in the taco vault, what a waste of luck that would be.

I sold the DD cover I got from an anniversary token. I'm not wasting a precious spot for a shitty joke character.

His bite can do some decent damage, and he can tank a ton of HP.
I'm not saying he's 100% useless, but I can't afford to keep a spot open for a character that needs a bunch of covers to be even remotely useful, let alone be valuable, especially considering how rare he usually is. I'm already struggling trying to create space for almost every 3* in the game.

Whew. Shielded last night around 875 pts in the Class of 2015 PvP, aiming for the 1000 mark and the red Elektra cover. Wait til I'm within the last few hours, and line up a few fights, using Cyclops/IF/RocketGroot as my team, and wipe some teams easy. Held my breath as I past 1000 pts. Legendary token definitely out of reach, but that's okay.

Dalek

Whew. Shielded last night around 875 pts in the Class of 2015 PvP, aiming for the 1000 mark and the red Elektra cover. Wait til I'm within the last few hours, and line up a few fights, using Cyclops/IF/RocketGroot as my team, and wipe some teams easy. Held my breath as I past 1000 pts. Legendary token definitely out of reach, but that's okay.

Yeah-I was able to get Elektra, and I should count that as a victory-I"m just sour about not getting the Legendary Token. One Silver Surfer-is that too much to ask?

zulux21

so I am reading that they screwed up the lightning rounds and meant to do them as anniversary ones and can't easily stop and restart them that way, so as long as you join at least one lightning round you should get 5k iso later to balance out the no double iso stuff.

also just sitting here thinking... "I wonder if they will introduce a 5 star that has true team healing to really screw with things"

doubt it but it would be interesting to see the reactions :p

Got my anniversary 10-pack: Ragnarok, Colossus, Mr. Fantastic, *** Spidey, Doctor Doom, *** Deadpool and my first black Luke Cage cover. By far, the best 10-pack I've had. Now to expect nothing but **s in the rest of the anniversary tokens..

Top Bottom