• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

Maybe I can finally hit that 800 mark for this pvp, though I'm probably not the only one rocking a level 150 OBW, Marvel, Storm team.

For now there's not a lot of teams even attempting to fight me.

TimeKillr

his purple move is the best black feed in the game.

his black move places a high damage attack tile on the board at most times. (as long as you don't match it your enemy will take 400+ damage plus strike tiles a turn extra.)

his green move puts down okay strike tiles if you have no better green move, his green isn't important :p

Got my anniversary 10-pack: Ragnarok, Colossus, Mr. Fantastic, *** Spidey, Doctor Doom, *** Deadpool and my first black Luke Cage cover. By far, the best 10-pack I've had. Now to expect nothing but **s in the rest of the anniversary tokens..

Mine was Prof X blue (already maxed), Devil Dino, and 3 3-stars I don't need.

Not too bad. I can't really complain, really.

Dalek

If I can hit 1000 again in this PVP tournament-I can get a Blue Invisible Woman cover and then she'll be my first maxed 4 star. Not sure I care about Maxing her out-but it's something to try to achieve...

Malmorian

^ Same thing here. At first I thought I wasn't paying attention, but there's been at least 3 matches where I didn't get anything. WTF guys.

shugdaddy

Neo Member
Squirrel girl as the challenge today.

My devil dinosaur is only 111, still lasted longer than the other hubs though. Tempted to buy a cover to give him a chance

Mine was at 130, and I leveled him to 152 or something. Nearly won twice, including getting her down to under 500 health. Had to head to work, though, so I'll have a go at it later. Definitely winnable.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Squirrel girl as the challenge today.

My devil dinosaur is only 111, still lasted longer than the other hubs though. Tempted to buy a cover to give him a chance

not worth it. Don't do it.

Mine's at 70 and I won't even give him ISO. Fuck DD.

Dalek

I'm pleased to report my Devil Dinosaur soundly defeated Squirrel Girl on his first attempt. It was all worth it! He's level 166 by the way. I got a black Elektra cover.

Dalek

Simulation ended waaaay early, might be a glitch. Also Galactus is back up, wonder what kinda clusterfuck it will be this time

Here are the overall changes that we made for Galactus on run 2. Please use this thread for comments.

Ability changes
- Galactus will now place fewer Countdown tiles in later rounds, with those tiles also lasting longer. At maximum, he'll be placing 2 tiles that last for 2 turns instead of up to 4 tiles with 1 turn.
- Countdown tiles placed by Galactus now deal ~50% more damage each when they go off. So while there are less of them, you'll want to focus more on them in later rounds.
- Cosmic tiles created by Countdown tiles going off have been reduced slightly in later rounds to a maximum of 4.
- AP gained per Cosmic tile destroyed by Galactus has been greatly reduced. Now he gains a static 1 AP per tile, meaning he needs a full 28 (minus cascade gathered AP) to use his Wrath.

Mission changes
- Eliminated the steady rise in scaling that occurred in earlier rounds.
- Galactus Minion nodes now have an Anniversary token in place of their old Standard token drop
- Galactus Boss nodes now have a +All AP Boost in place of the Crit Multiplier Boost
- Personal progression reward tiers have been reduced starting at Tier 3 by around ~14%-24%. That Legendary Token should be *far* more achievable now, especially with the difficulty changes above.

Overall, this is going to make the Galactus rounds more based on damage taken from Cosmic tiles for players with rosters that don't have quite as much health, but leave Cosmic Wrath to be a real threat in later rounds. That being said, even if a player completely fails to take down any Cosmic tiles on the first run in a later round, it's not an instant Cosmic Wrath as it was before. In test, this allowed for *greatly* increased roster variability in earlier rounds and a still very wide roster choice in later rounds. Some strategies that worked before will remain the same (sap Galactus's AP, massive board shake, etc), others aren't so board luck based.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, that's pretty pathetic.I say this since I had no trouble with him previously.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Well almost everyone else did have a lot of trouble with him, even if you didn't have trouble with him it's still a fact that most of the characters were useless against him.

Bullseye has no business going up against Galactus!

I know what you mean but I like to pretend.

Dalek

Just got my first duplicate 4 star cover. Devil Dinosaur-but still. Feels bad, man.

OK Gafvengers-I've done all to Galactus that I can. I see we're on round 3 now. Take him down!

Malmorian

Ok that's it for me for the next 5 hrs, no Cyc so I've gotta wait. GL everyone, and remember that OBW, Scarlet and 2* Mags is an easy win if you're having problems with the big G

Triz

Got 2 devil Dino's and an ant man in my anniversary 10 pack. Was enough to take devil Dino to 147 and beat squirrel girl which gave me a yellow professor x. The only cover color I didn't have.

Anyone need a Galactus alliance? There is one spot in S.H.E.E.P. if no one applies before you get there.
Search under private alliances.
Edit: filled already

zulux21

anyone with a decent roster want to join for the galactius event?

shaoweb hasn't been around for 7 days now which is enough reason to assume he won't be around to help with the event.

ill also note I will do what I can as I will be on vacation the next few days, but I should have enough free time to do stuff as long as my laptop is working fine.

edit: I will be gone for the next few hours, if someone wants to join ideally another commander such as dalek can do it.

NineH

opened my anniversary 10 pack and got 2 devil dinos, 3 star falcon and patch. Not bad I suppose so I used those devil dino covers and raised him to 166 and was able to beat squirrel girl to get a legendary cover. I also spent 50 hp to get the daily deal cover and got Invisible Woman, one of the few 4 stars I have managed to cover already. RNG gonna RNG i suppose since I could have used any of the other 4 stars.

I had 2 anniversary tokens and a 10-pack to open.

I got more useful covers out of the 2 tokens.

The 10 pack gave me 8 2*-stars, Hood blue(which is nice), and Colossus red(now 0/3/0).

Im pretty sure I've gotten like 80% 2*s the last few days, depressing stuff.

Dalek

I had 2 anniversary tokens and a 10-pack to open.

I got more useful covers out of the 2 tokens.

The 10 pack gave me 8 2*-stars, Hood blue(which is nice), and Colossus red(now 0/3/0).

Im pretty sure I've gotten like 80% 2*s the last few days, depressing stuff.

I think I used up all my luck with that Hulkbuster. Nothing but 2 stars for me too.

TimeKillr

Hmmm, did someone kick me from the alliance? I log in this morning, get my daily reward and it says I'm no longer in it? I could understand if I wasn't contributing, but I've been top 1 in the galactus event a few times...

Top Bottom