• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

Ok need some advice, I have enough ISO to make one (1) char max level. Question is, who did I pick?

( LCap is already 166 3/5/5, and my only maxed character )

Luke Cage 5/3/5 lvl 150
Patch 5/3/5 lvl 140
LThor 3/5/5 lvl 135
BWGS 5/4/4 lvl 130
Cyclops 5/3/5 lvl 130
or
CMags 3/5/5 lvl 130
Luke, cyclops, or Thor

zulux21

But how will I get those 6 stars doe

You know it's coming

6 stars will likely not be until 2017, at which point they might just move onto marvel puzzle quest 2 as the 1 stars and 2 stars will be so useless that they might need to just be absorbed into higher tiers and go back down to 1-4.

Malmorian

Thanks for the tips, went with Luke Cage so I now have 2 maxed 3*s...any thoughts now on the horrible transition to 4*, is will it simply be luck from here on in?

zulux21

You'll just have to keep building until you can hit 1000 in PvP for covers or try to get legendary tokens.

or wait for them to introduce something that makes it so you don't have to grind your life away like they did the 3 stars lol.

I know I am not going to go 4 star crazy, I will just slowly get them randomly from major events like the anniversary and be content with what I have, I mean worst case I will get 3 4 stars every 300 days :p

Ape

Banned
or wait for them to introduce something that makes it so you don't have to grind your life away like they did the 3 stars lol.

I know I am not going to go 4 star crazy, I will just slowly get them randomly from major events like the anniversary and be content with what I have, I mean worst case I will get 3 4 stars every 300 days :p

Not if you get five stars

zulux21

Not if you get five stars

in another year or so it would be easy to just add another more difficult DDQ hosted by 4 star deadpool that does for 4 stars what the 3 star one does right now.

nothing says that legendary tokens have to be the only way to get guaranteed 4 stars.

Ape

Banned
in another year or so it would be easy to just add another more difficult DDQ hosted by 4 star deadpool that does for 4 stars what the 3 star one does right now.

nothing says that legendary tokens have to be the only way to get guaranteed 4 stars.

Let's hope so. That's the only way people like me will have a chance.

zulux21

Let's hope so. That's the only way people like me will have a chance.

they are often slow to figure things out, but they do tend to eventually figure out that the long term more casual players are worth throwing a bone to.

I personally find the current 4 star thing just beyond stupid that it's hard.

they could give out a legendary token every 5 days with no requirements and they would greatly out pace the ability to build characters with it with their releases.

even with perfect drops you get 6 covers a month from it, they are releasing 2 characters a month right now that will be in those tokens or 26 covers. so each month if all you get is those covers you fall 20 more covers behind.

there really isn't a reason to have more of a requirement than having the characters just like with the 3 star.

the funny thing is if they weren't so stingy with the tokens I would likely play more. Getting that token every 5 days would be enough for me to slowly build up my 4 star team and would likely motivate me to at least go for progression tokens in PVE, but alas having to grind for hours to get a single token that may or may not be useful... my time could be much better spent elsewhere.

I do need to check out the console version of this game sometime, but from what I have seen it's just the first year of this game, making all characters 4 stars, and removing character slot limits and the need for iso to level which doesn't sound bad, but at the same time given my team doesn't do much for me.

also
kuoHUbn.png

also
ant man is the next required 4 star
star lord after that.

Dalek

Sounds like 2 more legendary tokens I'll be locked out of. In starting to think they don't want me to play this game.

By the way-when does the new season start?

zulux21

Sounds like 2 more legendary tokens I'll be locked out of. In starting to think they don't want me to play this game.

By the way-when does the new season start?

not sure...

and yeah I have one of each ant man cover, but I don't even have any star lord ones :p

Ok need some advice, I have enough ISO to make one (1) char max level. Question is, who did I pick?

( LCap is already 166 3/5/5, and my only maxed character )

Luke Cage 5/3/5 lvl 150
Patch 5/3/5 lvl 140
LThor 3/5/5 lvl 135
BWGS 5/4/4 lvl 130
Cyclops 5/3/5 lvl 130
or
CMags 3/5/5 lvl 130

I've gotten a ton of use out of all of those, but Patch & GSBW are definitely on the lower tier IMO. LThor is a staple character and gives you terrific color coverage. These days Cage & Mags are on more of my teams and do a nice job covering Black, Yellow, Red & Blue. I'd vote for either Cage or Thor.

You'll just have to keep building until you can hit 1000 in PvP for covers or try to get legendary tokens.

I'm not sure I've ever hit 1000 in a PVP. The grind is so brutal at the end and I just end up getting attacked over and over. Keep in mind I'm not rolling with any high level **** characters, just your basic 166 *** ones.

ant man is the next required 4 star
star lord after that.

Ugh. Two Star Lord covers and the single Ant Man one that everybody got. Two more misses for me.

Definitely LThor first. I know you maxed Cage, and he's awesome, but your next should be Thor. He is one of ky favorite characters in the game. Match him up with Cyclops or Torch to cover red. He goes yellow and green and just wrecks fools.

Dalek

The game's difficulty seems to have increased for me recently-I'm losing matches that I should normally win. It's odd-I can't explain it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The game's difficulty seems to have increased for me recently-I'm losing matches that I should normally win. It's odd-I can't explain it.

Are you referring to the Groot vs event? Fuckin GRIND on that one. Hate Rocket and Groot. Just such a tank.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking of, yanked a Deadpool X-Force from a Heroic. Surprised!

Triz

Its not just you. The required nodes this PVE even with maxed covers have been giving me issues. Not that Im wiping but getting 2 240 characters wiped in a match is something Im definitely not used to.

Dalek

Speaking of, yanked a Deadpool X-Force from a Heroic. Surprised!

me too! How strange.

Its not just you. The required nodes this PVE even with maxed covers have been giving me issues. Not that Im wiping but getting 2 240 characters wiped in a match is something Im definitely not used to.

It's been PVE and PVP for me. The Cyclops event I could barely make 400 in, and I've given up in the Groot event. Same thing-can barely pass any nodes. I have maxed out boosted characters-my Groot is only 120, but still-it's like I can barely pass anything.

Looks like the new season starts tonight.

Dalek

I was thinking that I might make a few Google docs that we could link to in the OP if Ben would allow it. I think 3 valuable resources that we could all contribute to are as follows:

1. Recommended builds for each character.
2. Recommended "teams" to pair with each character/so we'd have say an entry for Patch and then list the groups that work well with him.
3. A list of good DDQ teams.

Some of this info is out there on the forums but it's scattered and messy/it would be nice to have a permalink in this thread.

Dispatch

I was thinking that I might make a few Google docs that we could link to in the OP if Ben would allow it. I think 3 valuable resources that we could all contribute to are as follows:

1. Recommended builds for each character.
2. Recommended "teams" to pair with each character/so we'd have say an entry for Patch and then list the groups that work well with him.
3. A list of good DDQ teams.

Some of this info is out there on the forums but it's scattered and messy/it would be nice to have a permalink in this thread.

This sounds like a good idea. I don't have the time to do this myself, but would support someone else doing the work. :)

Triz

Got the 2 year silver surfer reward. Wish it was a red power as I don't have that one. Oh well level 300 character engage lol.

Whew, kept hanging around #100-150 for the Squirrel Girl PvP, was at roughly 500 pts, and then with under two hours left made my push to 1000. The current boosted characters very much helped, as my go-to team was SG/X-Force Wolverine/Lazy Cap, and everyone was boosted.

Just barely topped 1000 pts, but it was good enough for a Jean Grey cover, bringing her to 2/2/1 for me.

Can't wait til she's usable.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yikes, today's 4-star DDQ fight is Ant-Man against a buffed Jean Grey. Definitely can't do that one.

I somehow managed it with a 90 Ant-Man, 2/1/0 - she just didn't DO anything and I spammed the shit out of my weak-ass powers.

zulux21

I somehow managed it with a 90 Ant-Man, 2/1/0 - she just didn't DO anything and I spammed the shit out of my weak-ass powers.

i have a 1/1/2 ant man and I think I can do it with luck. I likely could have beat her on my second try but I didn't pay enough attention and did a match that let her match green to get her green ability.

it's not as bad as I thought it would be, but I do wish I had another cover or two.

zulux21

Wait, you took out a 270 Jean with a 90 ant man? Damn you must have had a miracle board.

it would be easier than it is for me with a 1/1/2 94 :p

I have gotten her down to below 2k twice now... I wish I had the extra cover in purple as that basically doubles the power of the attack tiles.

Ape

Banned
it would be easier than it is for me with a 1/1/2 94 :p

I have gotten her down to below 2k twice now... I wish I had the extra cover in purple as that basically doubles the power of the attack tiles.

buy it, basically two 4 star covers for the price of one

zulux21

buy it, basically two 4 star covers for the price of one

still no gurantee I would pass it, and it's still effectively $20 for 1/13th of two different characters.

Im not going to be getting into the 4 star stuff seriously for at least a year so I see no reason to spend money so I might be able to get the token. I'll just wait until we hit characters I have again or hope to keep getting them from tokens. I mean I am only 180 days away from 3 4 star covers.

Was sitting pretty with about 400 pts in the Red Hulk PvP, at first I only intended on going to about 550 or so, before I make my big push tomorrow. Yeah, that didn't happen, I decided to just go for it, and topped out at 1009 pts, with a good shield up that'll see me through to the end of the event.

I'm kind of gunning for the end-of-season Legendary, I've already topped 3000 pts for the season so far. If I can get around the 2000 mark in the simulator and near 1000 pts for each (or most) PvP events, I can definitely hit the 10k mark for the season.

zulux21

Was sitting pretty with about 400 pts in the Red Hulk PvP, at first I only intended on going to about 550 or so, before I make my big push tomorrow. Yeah, that didn't happen, I decided to just go for it, and topped out at 1009 pts, with a good shield up that'll see me through to the end of the event.

I'm kind of gunning for the end-of-season Legendary, I've already topped 3000 pts for the season so far. If I can get around the 2000 mark in the simulator and near 1000 pts for each (or most) PvP events, I can definitely hit the 10k mark for the season.

I am currently sitting at....
0 points on the season >.>

I am currently sitting at....
0 points on the season >.>
It works for me, I have a really good roster, but no time to grind all the time for PvE. So I tend to finish top 500 for any PvE events.

But I can cycle through a number of good PvP teams and gain a lot of points in a short amount of time. I hang around the 150 rank mark, and then make a push to 1000 pts (usually top 25) when there's a few hours left. Since I started that strategy, I've netted a good number of 4-star covers. I then shield for the remainder of the event, generally just 75 hp. Not a bad trade.

It works for me, I have a really good roster, but no time to grind all the time for PvE. So I tend to finish top 500 for any PvE events.

But I can cycle through a number of good PvP teams and gain a lot of points in a short amount of time. I hang around the 150 rank mark, and then make a push to 1000 pts (usually top 25) when there's a few hours left. Since I started that strategy, I've netted a good number of 4-star covers. I then shield for the remainder of the event, generally just 75 hp. Not a bad trade.

Interesting; when do you join PVP events? I rarely do PVE since there is so much grinding required.

I usually join PVP with 3-5 hours left and play on and off but max out at 500-700 points. I don't think I've ever done the push to more than 900.

Interesting; when do you join PVP events? I rarely do PVE since there is so much grinding required.

I usually join PVP with 3-5 hours left and play on and off but max out at 500-700 points. I don't think I've ever done the push to more than 900.

Generally right at the start. Whenever I can. I get to about 300 pts, enough for the token. With one day left, I'll get up to about 500ish pts, or about 150th place, so I don't get too much attention from the masses.

On the final day, I make my final push to the 1000 pt area. I choose my PvP end time for when I'll be home, either 8pm or midnight. It gives me time to push towards 1000 (or hit 1000 and get my 4-star cover), and shield for 75 hp to keep my points for the season.

It works for me.

TimeKillr

I don't normally do PvE much anymore due to the absolutely insane timing requirements and the time investment needed, but I'll contribute hard in this one so we can all get covers, hopefully.

Today's nodes were pretty easy, except the last one where my Prof X saved my ass (invisibility saved me!) with those stupid strike tiles making a single tommy gun dealing so much damage... At least I managed not to have any more and Prof X kept reinforcing a bunch of tiles on the board every turn and I killed the mobs with attack tiles every turn :)

Dalek

I don't normally do PvE much anymore due to the absolutely insane timing requirements and the time investment needed, but I'll contribute hard in this one so we can all get covers, hopefully.

Today's nodes were pretty easy, except the last one where my Prof X saved my ass (invisibility saved me!) with those stupid strike tiles making a single tommy gun dealing so much damage... At least I managed not to have any more and Prof X kept reinforcing a bunch of tiles on the board every turn and I killed the mobs with attack tiles every turn :)

What is this? Is there another community event?

Top Bottom