• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

zulux21

Sounds alright, I've been just getting one 4-star every PvP, haha...

As for us PC players, I have to imagine they know we can't FB share, etc, so we'll get some extra for what we do get.

nah, they will just not pay out to PC players at all for that. it's a common theme there that the mobile players always have the best rewards, PC players have never gotten lack of facebook compensation I highly doubt it will start now.

I wonder if DDQ will give these afterwards then, maybe once a week?

it's not 100% clear what will give you what after the first week, they just clearly state that DDQ will give you it for the first week.
they also mention daily log in bonuses will give you it from time to time as well but with no range... I mean it would be great if it is added to the random drop days... kind of dumb if it doesn't show up until 2 years in :p

i mean DDQ might still get a point after the first week, they aren't clear there.

Triz

Wait, will I need to add a 1 star to my team

I clear it daily with a single lvl 50 1 star. It's easy, I only get screwed when it's a fight against bagman since Spider-Man can't face him.

Also it's been guaranteeing 2500 daily since you get 500 for clear and 2000 full for full clear. Paid for itself long ago in ISO.

Triz

I don't really want to buy another spot for a 1 star. If it comes down to it I might but so far I'm in fuck it mode. 850 g for a roster spot means I'm choosy. Spider man really is a decent 1 star.

zulux21

I don't really want to buy another spot for a 1 star. If it comes down to it I might but so far I'm in fuck it mode. 850 g for a roster spot means I'm choosy. Spider man really is a decent 1 star.

yeah I wish they were not so expensive especially with a character coming out every 2 weeks or so.

speaking of which... this should do nicely.
UEW7pTi.png

i entered about 24 hours ago.

I clear it daily with a single lvl 50 1 star. It's easy, I only get screwed when it's a fight against bagman since Spider-Man can't face him.

Also it's been guaranteeing 2500 daily since you get 500 for clear and 2000 full for full clear. Paid for itself long ago in ISO.
I've done it with a sub level 10 1* a couple times, all you need is a decent aoe teamup and it's easy.

The only time I have used a 1 star in months has been the DD, and Juggs is definitely the guy. I would second the suggestion to swap spidey out.

I just had a thought regarding the new currency:

They have said you need to fully clear the DD to earn them...does that mean the 4 star nodes too?

Maybe it won't be on a 4-star one? Remember, they're only talking about it being on one DDQ.

Dammit, I need to get rid of a useless character and put in a 1-star juggs.

zulux21

^ dat PvE score...

I love top 10 finishes without even getting half way through the progression table.

The only time I have used a 1 star in months has been the DD, and Juggs is definitely the guy. I would second the suggestion to swap spidey out.

I just had a thought regarding the new currency:

They have said you need to fully clear the DD to earn them...does that mean the 4 star nodes too?

I would imagine that the currency will be added to the 15k point goal, thus why the full clear. on days with the 4 star node you can just do that and another node and get it most likely.

edit:
do we have any whales in the alliance :p?

question: will cp be available to buy.
No, with a social caveat. Players that purchase Iso/HP will also receive a small number of CP with their purchase, and this CP will also be "gifted" to everyone in their Alliance. It's technically possible, therefore, to whale a 5* cover for the entire Alliance... by purchasing over 100 Stark Salaries... IE, it's an Alliance bonus, not a method of gaining CP.

question" Can you give us an idea of how many CP a player could conceivably win/earn in a week?
Depends largely on where you are in Daily Rewards, since that's one of the places they're given out, and everyone's cycles are different. A top end player is going to be getting enough to earn multiple Legendary Packs in a season. Depending on where the player places in each event and if they're earning all the PVE node rewards, it's possible to be earning one+ a week.

zulux21

The quest to find a whale for our guild begins!

:p

also 112 standard tokens opened (since we need to care about 1 star DDQ at least for a week I wanted a jugs)

got 6 green and 4 red covers for jugs, not to bad, I got a single scarlet witch 3 star cover in all of those and only like 8 two star covers.

spiderman was everywhere @_@

Following my PvP strategy, I hit my 1000 pt mark in the Spidey PvP with about 90 min to go. That brings my Nick Fury to 2/4/5, and my season total to about 6700 pts. By the end of the weekend I expect to be near 8000, with my expected thousand points in the new Magneto PvP and bringing my score up a bit higher in the simulator. Playing the long game for that Legendary token at the end of the season.

On another note, I notice that since the update, X-Force Wolverine's Surgical Strike description in the fight will tell you what colour it will target. Used to kind of be a guess before. Great idea.

zulux21

Following my PvP strategy, I hit my 1000 pt mark in the Spidey PvP with about 90 min to go. That brings my Nick Fury to 2/4/5, and my season total to about 6700 pts. By the end of the weekend I expect to be near 8000, with my expected thousand points in the new Magneto PvP and bringing my score up a bit higher in the simulator. Playing the long game for that Legendary token at the end of the season.

On another note, I notice that since the update, X-Force Wolverine's Surgical Strike description in the fight will tell you what colour it will target. Used to kind of be a guess before. Great idea.

panther's move is supposed to do that as well but it's not always correct lol.

Yeah, that's super helpful. Can you repost your strat for 1000 pts, btw?

panther's move is supposed to do that as well but it's not always correct lol.

Panther's move targets a color? Which one?

pather's move increases the enemy's strongest color by 5. it should say which color now, but I have heard it doesn't work right and often says the wrong color.

Ahh, I forgot about that. By the time I get the black, I'm usually wiping those fools out with it.

Yeah, that's super helpful. Can you repost your strat for 1000 pts, btw?
I will when I get home, I'm on mobile at the moment. I'm glad you guys are interested in it.

Was able to do the legendary :)

Prof x went invisible and carnages own strike tiles wiped him out.

Got a classic Cyclops cover
Ugh I wish. My Prof X has only 3 blue, so I can do okay if I get a lot of 5-matches, but can't go invisible. Ah well, maybe next time.

komarkaze

The Professor X battle is hilarious. I only have 1 cover for him, and it happened to be purple. I hid from Carnage the entire 10 minute match and beat him. Easiest 4 star battle ever if you have invisibility.

Yeah I thought fuck it I'll try the Carnage thing with my 0/2/0 Prof, lost like 200 health, laughably easy.

The legendary token gave me another purple prof X and now he's 0/3/0....

Prof x went invisible and carnages own strike tiles wiped him out.

The Professor X battle is hilarious. I only have 1 cover for him, and it happened to be purple. I hid from Carnage the entire 10 minute match and beat him. Easiest 4 star battle ever if you have invisibility.

Yeah I thought fuck it I'll try the Carnage thing with my 0/2/0 Prof, lost like 200 health, laughably easy.

The legendary token gave me another purple prof X and now he's 0/3/0....

All y'all with your damn purple covers. My two-blue X died from match damage. Zackie knows my pain with his 1/0/2.

Triz

I pulled the purple prof x on the last token thankfully. Just did it with a 94. Pulled a Green Jean Gray, still don't have her blue.

Dalek

And Zackie-the only reason I stood a chance is because I spent money (iTunes Gift cards) on Professor X a few months ago to bring up his Blue covers.

Malmorian

Wow I can't believe this is my 1st legendary token. Considering the difficulty and lost boosts/ISO of the previous matches, this was such a cheap win. If you have even 1 purple cover this match is a joke.

So, after all the wait...we now have a single covered, Blue Iceman. Meh.

Alright, at the request of a few, here's my PvP strategy. This strategy has led me to 1000 pts every PvP this season. This is mostly copy-pasted from a PM I sent earlier.

First thing's first, pick an end time around when you can be there to play. I tend to pick 8pm or midnight/1am ET end times, as I'm around then, and that works for me. But everyone has their own best times to play.

Start whenever you can, even with the counter reading 2d1h or something, at the 2 day mark. Get yourself to 300 points using the seeder teams and some of the higher point fights at the beginning. That way you get your token, and your first milestone.

For the next day, when the counter reads 1d5h, or something starting with 1d, battle your way up to about 500 points. Try to stick to about #100 or #150, so you don't draw too much attention to yourself and get knocked back down a bunch.

Finally, on the last day, especially if you can play within the last 3 hours of the event, fight your way to the top. Don't be afraid to skip as many fights as you need to in order to keep gaining points.

You should be able to hit the 1000 pt mark, yes you'll get hit a few times on the way up, but it pays off with a shiny 4-star cover, sometimes good, sometimes not as good. Shield for 75 hp (I buy it fairly regularly) within the last 3 hours, and you're good to keep your points for the season.

Using this strategy, I was at 446 pts in the Spidey PvP, sitting in 83rd place with 1d3h left. I ended top 25 with about 1020ish points. For the season, I have nearly 7000 pts, and we have 12ish days left. I believe I've reached the 1000 pt mark in each of the season's PvP events.

I should also mention that my top guys I use for PvP are Lv 201 X-Force Wolvie (2/5/5) and Lv 166 Panther (5/3/5), Blade (5/4/4), Cyclops (4/5/4, yellow is more important to feed Cap), Iron Fist (3/5/5), Cap (4/5/4) and Thor (4/4/5). Not far back are Hulk, Luke Cage, Magneto, Kamala, Deadpool, and basically anyone else. I've put just over 1350 hrs into this on Steam since it came out. Mostly 3-stars, but it gets the job done as I transition to usable 4-stars.

---

tl;dr = 2d#h, 300 pts. 1d#h, 500ish pts and 100-150th. Last 3 hours, fight to 1000 pts, shield for remainder, and you win a 4-star cover for 75 hp.

ScrubJay

For the push from 700 to 1000, the best way to make things quicker and save on health packs is to use some boosts for your top abilities. I use X-Force wolverine so two Green/Black boosts means making one less match to get a surgical strike off. If I really want the 1000 point cover, I'll use the +2 all AP boosts from 850 on up. The faster you win matches, the less chance an enemy team will get an ability off and you'll be in a position where you're at 900 points with no health packs left. And the faster you win, the less chance you'll be attacked for 40 points on the way up.

Agreed, I tend to keep one good game-changer team-up in case, but otherwise I double up the blue/purple and black/green for X-Force/IF.

Top Bottom