• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

zulux21

Nah, just the regular stuff, but if we can sneak in high enough in the alliance rank.. Who knows.

it's unlikely to happen.
we have a more casual alliance. the top 100 are pretty much locked up by hard core alliances that constantly kick people who don't reach certain goals.

heck I think there is like 9 xmen teams now that alone compete for top spots and are all part of one super group.

TimeKillr

it's unlikely to happen.
we have a more casual alliance. the top 100 are pretty much locked up by hard core alliances that constantly kick people who don't reach certain goals.

heck I think there is like 9 xmen teams now that alone compete for top spots and are all part of one super group.

Sheesh.

Oh well, I'll gun for it myself, but it's still kinda ridiculous at that point.

zulux21

Sheesh.

Oh well, I'll gun for it myself, but it's still kinda ridiculous at that point.
we were a top 100 alliance at one point, but then they removed the HP threshold for getting 20 members, and we instantly fell down as a bunch of people then suddenly ditched their alliances to make super groups.

Dalek

Maybe I'll get my 10 pack and then bail and rest for a while.

By the way-there's no way I can beat Gamora with a 2/1/2 StarLord.

Question:

Is this going to screw up my scaling in PVP on day 730? I don't have anybody above 166 today.

CdKa0qh.jpg

Triz

Id say yes but I can't confirm. I had a few over 166 once I got him. On the bright side mine is at level 300 with three covers lol.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
lol. My Star-Lord is 74. Not today, legendary cunt token.

Stupid 4-star fight. My Star-Lord is Lv 172, but it's mostly on his yellow non-attack. No way I can beat Gamora, I've tried 6 or 7 times and it's just not going to happen.

do you have a decent loki? if so patch is a great 166 character for multi wave nodes.

Yeah. My Loki is 133. I leveled him too high! I don't usually use Patch, but maybe I'll do him.

Blade is awesome.

Blade is weird to me. Kind of like Iron Fist, I don't see where he would integrate yet. But probably because they're not fully covered/leveled.

Just realized that I'm one cover short on blade. And I have only 2 in Green, which should be 5. So I'll hold off on him.

Hmm. I have enough to bring another 3* to 166. Here's the candidates:

Patch
Human Torch
Deadpool
Blade
GSBW
Doom
She Hulk

Any advice?

No comment on Torch, Deadpool or She Hulk. Apparently Deadpool's red is very popular but I haven't dumped any ISO into him.

Like others have said, Patch is good with Loki or Daredevil..

I know they aren't popular choices but I got a lot of mileage out of GSBW & Doom. For the better part of a year GSBW was one of my mains.

I took my Blade to 166 yesterday but I have no idea how I'll use him.

So......Patch?

zulux21

hmmm so it seems prof x will be the next person who has a 4 star node.

I am guessing purple will be a must since it makes him invisible.

I wonder if I will be able to do his node with a single cover of people lol.

Malmorian

Yeah kinda in a funk lately to be honest, have almost all the 3*'s max covers and on my 4th (?) 166 character and just not seeing this 4* transition happening for me. I honestly don't get excited over gold covers anymore because 99% of the time they are all 3*'s that I already have and just end up selling them.

I either need a break from this game or figure out a better way to transition to ANY kind of 4* play that doesn't involve Wolverine. In my mind a 2-3 cover 4* isn't worth the gold it's printed on. Halp?

Spoit

hmmm so it seems prof x will be the next person who has a 4 star node.

I am guessing purple will be a must since it makes him invisible.

I wonder if I will be able to do his node with a single cover of people lol.

Well since you can't use TUs to generate special tiles from his yellow, that's pretty much the ONLY thing you can do. just go invisible and cross your fingers for like 5 5-matchs. And/or spend a few hundred turns killing them with match damage alone.

Watch the enemy have an AoE move too. Too bad there's no thematic link for the enemy to be elektra, that's the only one that has the slightest possibility of it actually being even a quarter of the way tolerable

NineH

I lost a couple points in PvP right now since one of our own alliance attacked me. Thankfully, I already reached the 1000 point progression and have lost 450ish points in a matter of hours. I'm looking at you, Dr. Campino :p

I lost a couple points in PvP right now since one of our own alliance attacked me. Thankfully, I already reached the 1000 point progression and have lost 450ish points in a matter of hours. I'm looking at you, Dr. Campino :p

Whoops, sorry! Hopefully you were at least impressed by the team, haha.

I hit my 1000 pt mark and shielded. I'm well on my way to the 10k Legendary token for the season, currently at about 5300 pts.

NineH

Wow I never even considered that could happen. I never look at my opponents name before I attack.

It's all good though because I'm sure when he is going for the 1000 points he's in the zone because I know I am. I'm going through the nodes as fast as possible and look at the score and the team composition primarily. If the points are high enough I go for it because there's no time to waste since you can get hit at any time. I'm sure i must have hit one of our own in the past, its just that they were nice enough to not call me out on it ;)

NineH

Whoops, sorry! Hopefully you were at least impressed by the team, haha.

I hit my 1000 pt mark and shielded. I'm well on my way to the 10k Legendary token for the season, currently at about 5300 pts.

LOL, like I said, it's cool. I even looked at your score as soon as I got hit and then I saw you were over 1000 so I was like, I helped my teammate get his Mr Fantastic.

As for your team, I was impressed because I used the exact same team. I guess blade/iron fist/ deadpool is the fastest team with a 3 star roster given who was buffed for this event.

LOL, like I said, it's cool. I even looked at your score as soon as I got hit and then I saw you were over 1000 so I was like, I helped my teammate get his Mr Fantastic.

As for your team, I was impressed because I used the exact same team. I guess blade/iron fist/ deadpool is the fastest team with a 3 star roster given who was buffed for this event.
You did help me, it would've been one of the last couple of fights I did before throwing up the shield.

That team was my go-to. Blade was knocking 3200 health with his black ability, and IF helped get a ton of black AP. Deadpool was kind of my sponge, occasionally launching the red attack. Made quick work of some teams. I was lucky to get 5 health packs in my DDQ haul today.

Dalek

This game is really trying me lately. Every match I get into that isn't a seed team just beats the every loving shit out of me, and in using maxed out 3 stars. I must be in some tough bracket I guess/no fun whatsoever.

This game is really trying me lately. Every match I get into that isn't a seed team just beats the every loving shit out of me, and in using maxed out 3 stars. I must be in some tough bracket I guess/no fun whatsoever.

When I realized my PVP bracket (forget about the joke of an X-23 PVE bracket) was a complete write-off (position 450 with 400+ points) I cashed in my tokens before calling it a day. Pulled an Iceman from a Heroic. This fucking game. I swear it has an emotion sensor.

zulux21

Well since you can't use TUs to generate special tiles from his yellow, that's pretty much the ONLY thing you can do. just go invisible and cross your fingers for like 5 5-matchs. And/or spend a few hundred turns killing them with match damage alone.

Watch the enemy have an AoE move too. Too bad there's no thematic link for the enemy to be elektra, that's the only one that has the slightest possibility of it actually being even a quarter of the way tolerable

I think the developers may be nice with this one and throw a boosted Patch against the professor.

that would result in a pretty easy match as long as you can go inviso as it would allow the professer to use patch's strike tiles to kill him and the theme would fit with xmen vs xmen.

I doubt they will be that nice though, and in actuality it will be magnito and everyone will cry as they have to tick the enemy down 1 hp by 1 hp after mags uses his defense move.

Spoit

I think the developers may be nice with this one and throw a boosted Patch against the professor.

that would result in a pretty easy match as long as you can go inviso as it would allow the professer to use patch's strike tiles to kill him and the theme would fit with xmen vs xmen.

I doubt they will be that nice though, and in actuality it will be magnito and everyone will cry as they have to tick the enemy down 1 hp by 1 hp after mags uses his defense move.

Nah it'd be JG or QS or someone else with AoE. That was annoying enough with the IW one, and she gets defensive tiles to mitigate when the invis is matched, and more importantly, an actual offensive move

Dalek

Not one 4 star to be found in my 10 pack. Just dupes of 2 stars and 3 stars.

I did get 4 star Cyclops in the simulator.

NineH

Whoops, I forgot about the time change in the US and messed up the end of my PvE. Lost out on a second cover for X23 by like a thousand points.

Why Deadpool? He isn't particularly fast without Scarlet Witch.

a buffed maxed deadpool's red takes out 4600 damage. not bad for 6 red ap I think.

Hmm I'm not a fan of adding too many new types of currency but command points seem fine. The game still needs a way to convert regular tokens to heroics and heroics to legendaries though, even if the exchange rate is something obscene like 30:1.

Dalek

Marvel.com: Tell us about Command Points! This is a new feature for grabbing those really rare 4/5-star covers correct?

Joe Fletcher: Indeed! Command Points are a new thing that we’re bringing in to provide a constant and relatively reliable way to progress in the game that players can directly see. These points are earned through pretty much everywhere in the game; Event rewards, certain nodes in story events, daily rewards—all over the place. Once a player has earned a few of them, they can turn in 25 of them for a pull at the Legendary Comic store, which is the one that provides 4 and 5* characters exclusively.

This is all in addition to the current but less certain ways of earning Legendary Tokens, so it’s something that we’re expecting that expert players will appreciate in their chase to push further into the 4-Star and 5-Star arenas. For those players that already have pretty much everything they need out of the 4-Star land but are lacking the 5-Star covers, we’re also providing them as a way to specifically purchase abilities for them as well. That doesn’t come cheaply though, it’ll take quite a few Command Points to earn another ability point for Silver Surfer, Old Man Logan, or Phoenix.

Marvel.com: Is there anything else we need to know about Command Points or the Phoenix?

Joe Fletcher: Phoenix will be coming to Legendary Packs around November 12. Like the other two 5-Stars, there won’t be an immediate way to earn her outside those packs, so the Command Point feature should help everyone to push towards gaining the volatile power of the Phoenix Force for themselves. Command Points will be coming into the game starting with events beginning on November 5, and we’re also going to be giving out a bunch for free to celebrate our newest feature.

Anyone that has played from [October 26] till now will get a free few of them, one will be available from completing the Deadpool Daily Quest for that cycle, the Versus Event that weekend will reward another handful at 300 points, players that back up their save using our Facebook save system will get some, and everyone who has ever made a purchase until now to support our game will also snag some Command Points for themselves. So if you want a quick shot in the arm for your Command Point stock, get ready for the weekend!

Wow!

Sulik2

Its all a racket, if they haven't increased the rate of getting iso-8 there is no way to level up expensive 4 and 5 star characters without it taking an incredibly long time.

Malmorian

I'm glad they have come up with a reasonable way to transition from 3-4*, although far from perfect it does provide another way to get some covers and honestly i've yet to pull a single Legendary token since they started

Malmorian

^ More than likely. I can also see most everyone being able to cash in immediately when they implement the system as a "thank you" or whatever. However, going forward I can certainly see collecting enough points to get a pull every 20-30 days or so.

Dalek

More info:

-Command Points (CP) introduced as the new gameplay feature to help earn 4 and 5*'s (Coming 11/5/15)
-Earn through Daily Rewards, DDQ, PVP, FB Shares, etc. (No firm list yet)
-25 CP can buy a Legendary token or 720 CP can purchase a 5* cover
-Free CP Giveaway to any player who played during 10/26/15 to now and additional CP if you ever purchased anything from MPQ (HP, ISO)

zulux21

^ More than likely. I can also see most everyone being able to cash in immediately when they implement the system as a "thank you" or whatever. However, going forward I can certainly see collecting enough points to get a pull every 20-30 days or so.

everyone who has played before oct 26th until the release on the 4th will get 5 points
for the first week only a full clear of ddq will net you a single point
getting to 300 in pvp will net you likely a single point (dont clearly say but safe assumption)

also in a big middle finger to all pc players who still can't connect their game to facebook
November 9th, if you've connected your game to Facebook to backup your game or share prizes with your friends by Monday November 9th we'll give you a couple more.

also seems like you will get extra CP if you have bought stuff before.

25 points will let you effectively get a legendary token.

720 points will let you buy a 5 star cover of your choice (you likely have to already have at least one cover of them)

Sounds alright, I've been just getting one 4-star every PvP, haha...

As for us PC players, I have to imagine they know we can't FB share, etc, so we'll get some extra for what we do get.

Dalek

everyone who has played before oct 26th until the release on the 4th will get 5 points
for the first week only a full clear of ddq will net you a single point
getting to 300 in pvp will net you likely a single point (dont clearly say but safe assumption)

also in a big middle finger to all pc players who still can't connect their game to facebook
November 9th, if you've connected your game to Facebook to backup your game or share prizes with your friends by Monday November 9th we'll give you a couple more.

also seems like you will get extra CP if you have bought stuff before.

25 points will let you effectively get a legendary token.

720 points will let you buy a 5 star cover of your choice (you likely have to already have at least one cover of them)

I wonder if DDQ will give these afterwards then, maybe once a week?

Top Bottom