• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

Who are your best three star teams
Cap and Cyclops
Iron Fist and Luke Cage
Deadpool and Scarlet Witch
Gamora and Rocket & Groot
Magneto and Doctor Doom

Off the top of my head.

These would be for PvP, where the third member is always predetermined. For simulator, just add Thor to teams like IF and Luke Cage, and add IF to teams like Gamora and Rocket. Or Blade. Sweet strike tiles.

The only 3 stars I have close to max are Kamala and Patch. Both are just missing one skill until maxed out. My others are various degrees of filled out, but none are really above level 102ish. I usually find it difficult to make it to 800 pts in pvp ( I think I managed to do it once). I feel like I've hit a wall with this game now. PVE I have to play constantly to end up in maybe the top 50-100. PVP is the same, I eventually hit a wall where the other teams are just too much and I have no chance at winning. I've gotten to the point where I just do the deadpool daily and then log out. Any advice?

The only 3 stars I have close to max are Kamala and Patch. Both are just missing one skill until maxed out. My others are various degrees of filled out, but none are really above level 102ish. I usually find it difficult to make it to 800 pts in pvp ( I think I managed to do it once). I feel like I've hit a wall with this game now. PVE I have to play constantly to end up in maybe the top 50-100. PVP is the same, I eventually hit a wall where the other teams are just too much and I have no chance at winning. I've gotten to the point where I just do the deadpool daily and then log out. Any advice?
You probably just need to try different teams until you figure out what works best for you. Sometimes a lower level team can be more effective than a higher level one. It depends on who is buffed. I hit 800 once when my heroes were no more than level 100.

zulux21

so the daily reward command points aren't to bad.
full list

jist is around every 30 days you get command points
through your first half year you get 5 command points every 30 days.
through your second half year you get 10 command points every 30 days.
for the next year you get 15 command points every 30 days.
and after two years you get 25 points every 30 days.

I missed my 15 point day by 3 days :(

zulux21

They should award these retroacitvely. ��

it would be nice if they at least did the one you just missed, but it would be really hard to do fairly most likely.

I mean it's not like you need a balance for it as since it's every 30 days while people on day 730 will have no CP for the first 730 days, in their first CP drop will get them as much as a new player will get in 6 months.

overall I am quite fine with this as it means once a month I should get enough CP to draw a 4 star cover without lots of grinding.

I am hoping someone will post in this thread what nodes in PVE have CP, but I am not about to grind for a top 10 finish in PVE nodes just for 1/25th of a random cover. I just don't have the time to devote as I have better things to do then put thousands of hours a year into this game >.<

plus burn out is real. so many people do that and don't last. This much more casual appraoch works, as when we do big alliance events I can still participate and help.

interesting little bit
OneLastGambit wrote:

I didn't see this question answered anywhere but will unwanted 4 or 5 * covers be able to be sold for CP under the new system?
ICEIX resposne.
Not at launch, no. Originally, all covers 2*+ were going to have a chance to proc CP on sale, but it was actively messing with the development of another feature. As a response to that, we figured out about how much players would be earning from cover sales and placed that into Daily Rewards instead. So it shifted those sale reward procs from a statistical amount for users to something based on length of play. So no, but that's why Daily Rewards give CP instead.

Lady Thor worth leveling? I'm in the part of the daily reward where I'll have 3 covers from her over the next two months, bringing me to like 7 or 8 covers.

zulux21

Lady Thor worth leveling? I'm in the part of the daily reward where I'll have 3 covers from her over the next two months, bringing me to like 7 or 8 covers.

she was one of the best in the game at one point and then while bagman and devil dino were fighting bag man accidently let go of his nerf bat and hit lady thor in the face.
nerfbat1.jpg
she was never the same again

I am not actually sure if she is worth it anymore, previously it was an easy yes though.

Spoit

At that amount of covers? Probably not. She's still pretty good in PvE, if you have 5 red and blue, and a 2Y IM40. You just have to get like 2 of the stun moves out before she really starts rolling now

NineH

I am hoping someone will post in this thread what nodes in PVE have CP,

it looks like the Kingpin essential nodes are where the CP is put. The first sub and now the second sub both have the CP under the Kingpin node so I'm going to assume the pattern holds throughout the event.

edit- looks like the final node in each sub has a command point as well. I didn't see it in the first sub because I wasn't able to finish it.

Dalek

it looks like the Kingpin essential nodes are where the CP is put. The first sub and now the second sub both have the CP under the Kingpin node so I'm going to assume the pattern holds throughout the event.

edit- looks like the final node in each sub has a command point as well. I didn't see it in the first sub because I wasn't able to finish it.

The node "crossfire" with the Punisher has one as well.

MiTYH

Ah-i hadn't realized it was an actual node reward. Done.

Is there a benefit to saving these CPs or do I just spend them?

Only reason to save is if you don't like the current selection of 5 stars. More will be added over time, so in theory your chances of getting a 5star go up when more are added... I think.

zulux21

Ah-i hadn't realized it was an actual node reward. Done.

Is there a benefit to saving these CPs or do I just spend them?

I haven't a clue where the CP store is (I can't find it anywhere in my game :p)

but I know that they were saying that with like 720 command points you could buy a 5 star cover of your choice :p

I haven't a clue where the CP store is (I can't find it anywhere in my game :p)

but I know that they were saying that with like 720 command points you could buy a 5 star cover of your choice :p

It's the "Legendary" screen among the standard Heroic / Event / Taco recruitment spots.

Ended up pulling a purple Kingpin bringing him up to a formidable 0/2/0.

Woooow.

So I'm marching my way up the PvP ladder, hit the 900 mark, and kept getting hit once or twice, so I'd win a fight and come back and see I lost what I just made.

Just did one fight, and instead of being up around 900, I just gained enough to hit 800. Yikes.

So I'm stopping there, 800 it is this time around. Oh well, can't get 1000 every time, I guess. I chalk it up to Magneto being insanely boosted.

NineH

Woooow.

So I'm marching my way up the PvP ladder, hit the 900 mark, and kept getting hit once or twice, so I'd win a fight and come back and see I lost what I just made.

Just did one fight, and instead of being up around 900, I just gained enough to hit 800. Yikes.

So I'm stopping there, 800 it is this time around. Oh well, can't get 1000 every time, I guess. I chalk it up to Magneto being insanely boosted.

Interesting, I thought it was just me because I was getting hit much more than usual as well. Normally when I'm under 500 points, I am ignored but I got hit around 4 times and I thought that was weird.

I made my push this morning and got to 990 points and was thinking I could just coast to the 1000 points but bam -143 points. Thankfully the retaliation nodes were high so I pushed as fast as I can and luckily got to 1000. Now though I'm at 473 points and that's a record for me. Usually I am left alone at around 600 points so it's either people really want blue PX (which I did too) or they tinkered with the matchmaking again, or everyone has a beefy Magneto.

I think many have a beefy Mags. I've been pumping iso into him more than usual just for this, so I might not be alone there.

Either way, about to hit the 8000 mark for the season. 10 days to go. I can do this.

And finally got to 2000 in the simulator. Red 4* Cyclops cover!

NineH

I think many have a beefy Mags. I've been pumping iso into him more than usual just for this, so I might not be alone there.

Either way, about to hit the 8000 mark for the season. 10 days to go. I can do this.

And finally got to 2000 in the simulator. Red 4* Cyclops cover!

Did you get attacked a bunch when you were approaching 2000 points in the simulator or was it not as cutthroat as this Magneto PvP was? I haven't started the simulator yet and I was just wondering what was in store for me when I approach that threshold.

Did you get attacked a bunch when you were approaching 2000 points in the simulator or was it not as cutthroat as this Magneto PvP was? I haven't started the simulator yet and I was just wondering what was in store for me when I approach that threshold.
I got attacked a good deal during the simulator, but I don't think it was as bad as that Magneto PvP.

zulux21

So how long is the DDQ cycle-by that I mean how long before today's Iron Fist cover is given out again?

there are 40 3 star characters.

so it will be what 120 days baring new characters being added before the next green iron fist cover.

for 40 for the next IF cover in general.

ScrubJay

Playing the simulator, I only got attacked once from 1600 to 2000.

Magnetic Mayhem was a bloodbath, but I could only make a push 24 hours out. At 900 points I had 3 targets, all jeanbuster teams and found -150 points after I decided to go for one of them.

Made a push for the 5 AM X-23 tournament a few minutes ago and didn't get attacked once to 1000. Well, someone attacked me at 600 points for +13 on my end, but that doesn't really count.

So you win some, and lose some.

zulux21

The X-23 PVP is a bloodbath for me. Constantly getting attached left and right.

I only got attacked once to here
sadly it was a nearly 50 point loss as I hit 700, hopefully my score holds up with the few hours left, but I doubt it will. either way I have grown bored for climbing and don't feel it is likely I will hit 1k so I just stopped lol.

at the very least I shoudl get a top 10 and thus net 25hp after the shield and 7 command points.

NineH

Man, that feel getting a 4 star out of a heroic token and it ends up being Invisible Woman. Feels bad man.

Also, this X-23 PvP is a lot less cutthroat than the Magneto one was, I got to 1019 and was only attacked once.

Triz

To get the pep command point we just have to hit 300 or stay above 300? want to know how far over I need to take it.

zulux21

To get the pep command point we just have to hit 300 or stay above 300? want to know how far over I need to take it.

it says you have to finish with over 300 points.

also yay I stayed in first. i really need a sam wilson yellow cover before his legendary token event otherwise i am screwed.

Damnit, I forgot about my shield in the X23 PvP. Got hit, and hit and hit and hit. Shielded at 640 to stop the bleeding. Feels bad, man. I did hit the 900 mark, but that doesnt matter much now.

Dalek

Fuck this game, man. The X-23 PVP was brutal. I shielded at 700 and waited for my health packs to refresh. Unshielded and went to town-won a ton of fights, but was hit multiple times each fight. By the time I was done, I at 659 points, with all my heroes either dead or nearly dead-and all health packs depleted. There's something seriously wrong here-how is it that I almost never read about others having this experience? From the accounts I hear, people can get up to 1000 fairly easily only needing to shield once. I don't get it-I mean, am I just ALWAYS in bad slices? How can this be?

Fuck this game, man. The X-23 PVP was brutal. I shielded at 700 and waited for my health packs to refresh. Unshielded and went to town-won a ton of fights, but was hit multiple times each fight. By the time I was done, I at 659 points, with all my heroes either dead or nearly dead-and all health packs depleted. There's something seriously wrong here-how is it that I almost never read about others having this experience? From the accounts I hear, people can get up to 1000 fairly easily only needing to shield once. I don't get it-I mean, am I just ALWAYS in bad slices? How can this be?
How long was it until the end? You really can't hop in the last 3 hours without getting hit.
You can climb pretty unscathed if you do it with a day left.

zulux21

hmmm I might try to climb the sentry event as the 1k cover of sam wilson will likely get me a token later when it's his turn as his yellow move is vital to his red move :/

I don't know if I just have a new bracket or something, but in my recent PvPs I've been hovering around top 50 the whole time. Like in the new Sentry one, I have 300 pts and I'm like 50th. A little too visible.

Top Bottom