• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

Gotchaye

I don't really know why but I was completely unable to break the top 800 in the easier of the two sub-events we just had. Maybe because I was top 4 and top 100 last time? I only barely got into the top 800 on the harder sub-event. And I came pretty close to clearing all the non-Punisher missions until they were exhausted, twice. I ended up with a 3* and two 2*s from the tokens anyway, so there's that, even if they were a Hood, a Moonstone, and a Bullseye. I don't know yet if I should try to get a Punisher out of this tournament that's about to end or if I should just take the last yellow Wolverine I need to get him to level 85.

Yesterday got Punisher on a Powerup card.

And yay, with the event, I got Hulk with green skill.

And, if nothing goes wrong in the next 1:34, i'll get the skills needed to max my Wolverine.

Now I only need to get more *** characters. I have them nearly all, but only with 1-2 powers, and playing the 3-star rumble event is quite difficult.

shaowebb

Nice, we all get hulks. Looks like they are listening to feedback on these events. lvl 20 fight with folks and it loads you up with Hulk on your team in case your new. Almost no way to screw that event up. Got a Hulk now with green ability and he's level 15. Hope I can get his other abilities later on too. He'd make a good back up for Juggs when Im not allowed to use him (like in Canada). Now if I could only get a bullseye...

Gotchaye

I like this. I don't really like the Hulk, from what I've seen, but this means they can't pull any more of this "you must have [3* hero we just released] to play this mission" bullshit.

Triz

Was in place 20 with 5 minutes left and got attacked 7 times for minus 210 points and knocked Into the top 150. This game is just asking to be deleted /rant.

zulux21

Was in place 20 with 5 minutes left and got attacked 7 times for minus 210 points and knocked Into the top 150. This game is just asking to be deleted /rant.

that sucks, all I had happen was I was 10 points from 400 (which would net me 50 hero points) a battle for 20 points and lost 11 points while doing it so ended up at 399, then did a battle for 12 points and lost 15 during it to get to 396, then a battle for 10 points and lost 11 during it to get to 395, and then I did a battle for 13 points and lost 9 during it to get to 399...

and then I ran out of heals and time ><;

it worked out alright though as I still ended up with a top 15... but still ><;

shaowebb

Finally starting to get some doubles on these recruit tokens. Not sure but it seems far more frequent than before. Think they are scaling recruit tokens by the average of your rosters stars now or something? Feels a little more friendly since I got home for this update.

That was because you were in a place too high for the characters that you had.

You have to be very careful, at the last hours, about who you attack. Because they have the opportunity of revenge. And even if you can defeat easily a team better than you because the AI is quite crappy, you can lose the points (and even more of them) if the player of the team that attacked realises that he can revenge easily.

I managed to be on top 75 with a team of 3 level 25's, and it has been very hard, choosing who to attack, etc.

Whoaly tomoley there's a new mission in 3 of the 4 subevents!!

SO MUCH CONTENT.

EDIT: First one is Punisher only...are the rest?? lofllll

EDIT: OH MY GOD HURRY. If you have Frank, RUN to the second Hidden Stash Sub, and do the new mission against Rags and Juggs. It says they're both 85, but they're ONE AND FIFTEEN. HURRY BEFORE THEY FIX IT. BASICALLY FREE POINTS.

shaowebb

SO MUCH CONTENT.

EDIT: OH MY GOD HURRY. If you have Frank, RUN to the second Hidden Stash Sub, and do the new mission against Rags and Juggs. It says they're both 85, but they're ONE AND FIFTEEN. HURRY BEFORE THEY FIX IT. BASICALLY FREE POINTS.

Wait what?!
*runs*

What country dude? I got amazon and Canada and nowhere do I see a fight with Ragnarok and Juggernaut listed with them at lvl 85. Plus I see no punisher only event.

Mairu

SO MUCH CONTENT.

Thanks for the heads up. Already hit the cap on points to gain from that mission after a few runs D:

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
I don't know why this just happened but it said nick fury is helping me recruit heroes and I just got 100 hero points for free

The hell? Not complaining but its just weird

Telosfortelos

Advocate for the People

SO MUCH CONTENT.

The last mission in Greenland has the same bug. It starts at an 800 point reward, and the enemies are labeled level 240 each.

This is not for the Punisher line (I hardly ever have the damned required heroes). Free points to anyone that has it unlocked.

Edit: Holy crap I can't believe that punisher mission gives 1392 points. No wonder I struggle so much on maps where there are punisher missions.

Edit: And it's patched, or at least the non-punisher one is, but I'd guess the punisher one too. It looks like the bug might have had somethign to do with only having two opponents? They added a third to the last greenland level, and now Jugg and Rag are properly level 240.

kagete

So if I have linked my facebook to this earlier and wanted to reroll I'm stuck with that saved facebook data forever? I really want to keep my normal facebook account with a reroll (only got past prologue anyway) and I have real life friends playing this anyway.

OG Loc

So I just started playing this and I got classic Doom (BEST FUCKING DOOM) as the first hero I recruited for 100 coins. I take it that I'm off to a good start?

So I just started playing this and I got classic Doom (BEST FUCKING DOOM) as the first hero I recruited for 100 coins. I take it that I'm off to a good start?

Not necessarily. Doom won't do you good if you just started. You want a few good 1 stars, build up to 2 stars and then compliment them with 3 stars. In terms of just rarity, yeah, that's good I guess.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
100 coins? You mean Hero Points? If so, don't use Hero Points to buy covers because you'll need them to buy roster space.

davepoobond

100 coins? You mean Hero Points? If so, don't use Hero Points to buy covers because you'll need them to buy roster space.

yeah, this.

Doom might not help you out in the prologue for a little while. i got a Hood in the beginning and thought he was so good -- he helped me cream the first episode of the prologue though, so there's that.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Anybody else having problems with the ingame update? It stops at around 35% two times and then just tells me it can't connect.

I'm struggling with all the missions I can still do for the currently available Hulk stuff. Hoping I've got enough to get some of the good tokens for recruiting, because I doubt I'm earning more.

Also, I got a Ragnarok from the daily supply update, but think it's unlikely I'll have HP to buy space for him within six days. I think that means Yelena is going to have to go.

Fuzzy

I'm struggling with all the missions I can still do for the currently available Hulk stuff. Hoping I've got enough to get some of the good tokens for recruiting, because I doubt I'm earning more.

Also, I got a Ragnarok from the daily supply update, but think it's unlikely I'll have HP to buy space for him within six days. I think that means Yelena is going to have to go.
I've sold off enough Yelena covers to max her out 2 or 3 times. :lol

davepoobond

I don't think she's that bad as a support character. If you rely in one or two characters in a possible matchup against enemies that do a lot if countdowns she can be useful. But I don't know if that is better than black widow by much.

Hereafter

She's probably alot better than Classic Hawkeye.

Nope, not since they changed Hawkeye. He's still terrible but not as bad as her.

The problem is with her is that her skills cost to much AP. Modern BW better than her because she has the awesome stun. Plus her recon is 3? ap (this is from memory) less than her.

If you're low on space, I suggest sell all the 1* except for modern Storm, Iron Man, and BW.

BlackJace

Godlike Power isn't THAT annoying, as the cascades aren't super frequent (and I like Ragnarok's battle screech when he uses it haha).

Now, Thunderclap is pretty freaking ridiculous considering its only 2 AP. Him on the Jungle map whittles away tanks in no time.

Fuzzy

How should I level my Captain America? Currently he's 4 yellow, 3 red, 3 blue and I have two reds and a blue in my cache.

Same question about my Original Black Widow. She's currently 4 purple, 3 blue, 2 black and I have two blues in my cache. I assume I should max out her passive black but I'm not sure.

How should I level my Captain America? Currently he's 4 yellow, 3 red, 3 blue and I have two reds and a blue in my cache.

Same question about my Original Black Widow. She's currently 4 purple, 3 blue, 2 black and I have two blues in my cache. I assume I should max out her passive black but I'm not sure.

For Cap, blue is the most important, because:
a) You'll have plenty of yellow-red on the most used ** characters (wolverine, thor).
b) The stun skill is great because it allow to enter in a stun chain, because you recover the points used.

Hereafter

The best build I think is 3p/5bu/5bl. Since you already have 4 purple, I suggest 5p/3bu/5bl.

Top Bottom