• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Any updates on when episode 1 will be out?

ummmm i think i'm going crazy, but why am i seeing marvel.com saying that "episode 1 is out"

http://marvel.com/news/video_games/...n_in_marvel_puzzle_quest_dark_reign_episode_1

and then another one that is saying "episode 2 is out"?

http://marvel.com/news/video_games/...zzle_quest_hits_steam_releases_ep_2_on_mobile

i feel like these episodes are just the temporary events that they had going on. they might re-add them in later as permanent content, i guess?

I'm new to this game. What/where are you guys farming?

Run through the prologue and try to get every reward for each event...that will definitely help (I have not done it all).

The big thing is to participate in every tournament. The lightning rounds are very hard, but if you win a few matches you can get up to 100 tournament points which will net you both ISO and a recruitment card every time.

You just missed out on a long event with the Punisher, but those protracted events are a boon for getting recruitment cards and ISO points. I spend 99% of my time on the multiplayer and I've got a decent selection of characters so you don't necessarily *need* to spend money. If you do, only spend it on additional slots.

I'm new to this game. What/where are you guys farming?
Events are the best place, in particular Lightning Rounds. These are time limited, but will repeat every so often. If there are no events going on (quite rare) you can farm in SHIELD training.

Afaik, Ep.1 was Red Unstable ISO and Ep.2 was The Hunt. Prologue is the... prologue.

koryuken

Hi guys, here are my current heroes. Feedback on who to keep/cut would be great!

Can you advise if it is worth leveling a 1 star hero past level 30? Should those stay at 30 while i keep grinding for 2-3 star heroes? Is Venom worth investing into? He hes a ton of HP but his abilities seem not so great.

Current Roster -- who to cut? Who to keep?
Iron Man m35(Level30)
Juggernaut (Level30)
Xforce Wolverine (Level 30, need covers)
Black Widow Mdn (Level 25)
Iron Man m40 (Level 25, need covers)
Classic Storm (Level 22, need covers)
Thor (Level 22, need covers)
Ragnorak (Level 15, need covers)
Wolverine (Level 14, need covers)
Modern Hawkeye (Level 8, need covers)

There are the guys I have waiting in my awards. Who to cut/Who to keep?

Bullseye (1 cover)
Venom (3 covers)
Modern Magneto (2 covers) is he good??
Moonstone (2 covers)

Thanks all!

Hi guys, here are my current heroes. Feedback on who to keep/cut would be great!

Can you advise if it is worth leveling a 1 star hero past level 30? Should those stay at 30 while i keep grinding for 2-3 star heroes? Is Venom worth investing into? He hes a ton of HP but his abilities seem not so great.

Current Roster -- who to cut? Who to keep?
Iron Man m35(Level30)
Juggernaut (Level30)
Xforce Wolverine (Level 30, need covers)
Black Widow Mdn (Level 25)
Iron Man m40 (Level 25, need covers)
Classic Storm (Level 22, need covers)
Thor (Level 22, need covers)
Ragnorak (Level 15, need covers)
Wolverine (Level 14, need covers)
Modern Hawkeye (Level 8, need covers)

There are the guys I have waiting in my awards. Who to cut/Who to keep?

Bullseye (1 cover)
Venom (3 covers)
Modern Magneto (2 covers) is he good??
Moonstone (2 covers)

Thanks all!

Keep these. C Storm's nerf makes her not as good. Keep Iron Man just cause he's your biggest damage dealer at the moment. Once you get Thor up, get rid of him. I like to use Juggernaut alot in getting rid of annoying low HP characters (M. Storm, M. Black Widow). But yea I'd say make a team of like 6. Kinda like a team 1 and team 2 to use as your core guys.

koryuken

Keep these. C Storm's nerf makes her not as good. Keep Iron Man just cause he's your biggest damage dealer at the moment. Once you get Thor up, get rid of him. I like to use Juggernaut alot in getting rid of annoying low HP characters (M. Storm, M. Black Widow). But yea I'd say make a team of like 6. Kinda like a team 1 and team 2 to use as your core guys.

Thank you very much for your feedback! Regarding one of my questions -- can you advise if it is worth leveling a 1 star hero past level 30? Should those stay at 30 while i keep grinding for 2-3 star heroes? Also, what makes Modern Magneto good?

davepoobond

It depends on your deck and what you are rolling. If you keep getting the commons there's no point in trying to get rid of them when they can be helping you advance

Best thing to do is to spend ISO on your higher rarity cards before anything else and then eliminate the ones that don't fit your play style as you go along and experiment. I use probably about 10 or 15 of the 20 that I have typically through a week

There are also event where particular characters are buffed so it makes it important to have them so you can have bigger longevity in the tournaments before having to use a health pack if that's what you want to do

I have like 65 health packs right now so I can use them pretty liberally

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I think the game screwed me out of a cover. I got top 25 in the last tournament and got 2x blue Black Widow Original and a (can't remember the colour) Black Widow Modern plus the other rewards (ISO + HP). Wasn't the third cover supposed to be a Black Widow Original instead of a Black Widow Modern?

It depends on your deck and what you are rolling. If you keep getting the commons there's no point in trying to get rid of them when they can be helping you advance

Best thing to do is to spend ISO on your higher rarity cards before anything else and then eliminate the ones that don't fit your play style as you go along and experiment. I use probably about 10 or 15 of the 20 that I have typically through a week

There are also event where particular characters are buffed so it makes it important to have them so you can have bigger longevity in the tournaments before having to use a health pack if that's what you want to do

I have like 65 health packs right now so I can use them pretty liberally

I don't understand hoarding health packs. You know you regenerate health packs up to a maximum of 5 every 35 minutes right? Just hoarding that many and not using it is completely counter productive.

davepoobond

I don't understand hoarding health packs. You know you regenerate health packs up to a maximum of 5 every 35 minutes right? Just hoarding that many and not using it is completely counter productive.

I'm not actively hoarding them, I just don't play enough to actually have to use them.

I get by with having multiple teams so if I wanted to make a big push on one event I can in the future.

I don't know what the regeneration mechanic is or how it works for health packs. It doesn't really matter that much to me I guess

Gotchaye

I finally got Wolverine leveled up enough to replace my L42 Iron Man, and he is amazing. Coupled with Modern Storm he just tears through enemy teams - the interaction between Attack and Strike tiles is incredible, and Wolvie's Strike tiles also buff Storm's red and green abilities (although you don't want to use the green too often). If I can place okay in this second No Holds Barred event I should have enough covers to replace my Modern Widow with an Original Widow.

Used Wolverine to get my first Diabolical Token today. Now I have a 1/1 Rag, which I guess means that I'd be done now if I were willing to spend money on the game.

shaowebb

Huh...just confirmed something. Had a pretty tight match and it came down to my lvl 29 Juggernaut with only 71 health and a lvl 40 Yelena Belova with only 192 health.

I had a fully leveled headbutt which is an easy 900 damage-ish. It hurts me though to do it. If I do it and die, but still take out the last of their team does it count as a victory?

I do it, I die first but then Yelena falls over.

VICTORY!

SCPdCbC.jpg

shaowebb

i think they take the damage "before" you take the damage as juggernaut.

Nope. My health was gone. I fell over dead. Then it calculated their damage after I was gone and they died in that order. But because the round ended with it reading their team dead it said I won. No matter what happens to Juggs the damage WILL come out and hit them regardlessly. Even if he was the last member of my team apparently. If the other team is dead it doesn't matter if you are too... It'll give you a win. Thats useful in a pinch if push comes to shove.

davepoobond

Nope. My health was gone. I fell over dead. Then it calculated their damage after I was gone and they died in that order. But because the round ended with it reading their team dead it said I won. No matter what happens to Juggs the damage WILL come out and hit them regardlessly. Even if he was the last member of my team apparently. If the other team is dead it doesn't matter if you are too... It'll give you a win. Thats useful in a pinch if push comes to shove.

That's why I put "before" in quotes. Because to the game you are killing them before your team is dead

HULK EVENT!!!

Looks like they really took a lot of our grousing to heart. This looks really better implemented.

And we all get Frank as max point reward.

Hulk is super easy to get, looks like.

Love this.

Fuzzy

Just noticed a new event started, Episode 2: The Hulk. 8 days 11 hours left so I think it just started 20 minutes ago.

The Punisher requirement has been a total letdown.

And probably the next event will require Hulk, that I wont be able to have it because I don't have Punisher. Great.

hamchan

I love these events though I wonder why they make these episodes with a time limit, instead of just adding them permanently to the game?

And needing the Punisher is pretty dumb.

Wolverine And Modern Mags are two real surprises in this tourney.

But yeah, the Punisher requirements really sting.

How does the Hulk unlock work? Do we all get him when we hit that score or what?

I really thought this would be an easier event but the totals are so low and the matches are so hard.

I sure miss having a buffed Thor. :)

NomarTyme

Wolverine And Modern Mags are two real surprises in this tourney.

But yeah, the Punisher requirements really sting.

How does the Hulk unlock work? Do we all get him when we hit that score or what?

I really thought this would be an easier event but the totals are so low and the matches are so hard.

I sure miss having a buffed Thor. :)

Its base on the how many points you get from the other Hulk event besides the first one. So we have about 8 days left, so when the 8 days are over you're rank base on how many points you got from the other Hulk event. So look like the ranking is pretty wide open to get at least one Hulk cover. The requirement for Punisher really handicap most of the people though.

I recommend Wolverine(for his green ability) if you're having a tough time.

All you guys need to do is pray to get top 600 within 21 hour period and possibly get a chance for Punisher.

Fuzzy

Its base on the how many points you get from the other Hulk event besides the first one. So we have about 8 days left, so when the 8 days are over you're rank base on how many points you got from the other Hulk event. So look like the ranking is pretty wide open to get at least one Hulk cover.
That's not what he's talking about, there's a global progress bar that ends at 50 million.

NomarTyme

Oh damn.

I totally didn't see the progression bar.

Hopefully they jack up the point total if they want us to even touch the progression bar.

zulux21

Oh damn.

I totally didn't see the progression bar.

Hopefully they jack up the point total if they want us to even touch the progression bar.

they have to do something, i mean the main event has prizes going to 50k and with all the events beat i have 150 points, and even if the other ones count I only have like 30 points from the other areas. I can replay 3 of the missions but i am not going to rack up to 1k or more points 2-4 points at a time... I don't remotely have the time or energy to do so even if the matches only take a few minutes and I don't have to heal :/

Dispatch

I agree that the progress is horribly slow. At first, I was excited to see a new event, but my excitement is waning each day as I see how far away so many of the rewards are.

Fuzzy

I'm just over 500 points total and I guess that's only because I have the Punisher. This tournament would suck even more if I didn't have him.

I agree that the progress is horribly slow. At first, I was excited to see a new event, but my excitement is waning each day as I see how far away so many of the rewards are.
How long have you been playing? It's unrealistic to jump from 1-star to 3-star. Punisher and Hulk shouldn't even be goals right now IMO. While they're shiny and new and thus sought after, many top players still consider Rags, Mags, Spidey, and perhaps even 2-stars like Thor, Wolvie more useful.

Still, Hulk should be relatively easy for even newer players to get considering they're giving out so many. But I can guarantee that it will just sit in your roster barely used.

Dispatch

How long have you been playing? It's unrealistic to jump from 1-star to 3-star. Punisher and Hulk shouldn't even be goals right now IMO. While they're shiny and new and thus sought after, many top players still consider Rags, Mags, Spidey, and perhaps even 2-stars like Thor, Wolvie more useful.

Still, Hulk should be relatively easy for even newer players to get considering they're giving out so many. But I can guarantee that it will just sit in your roster barely used.

I've been playing for a few weeks. My highest level character is a level 69 Thor. I'm just waiting on his yellow card for that last training.

In my post, I meant the progress in this Hulk Event is so slow. With "The Hunt", the chances to move up the rewards ladder happened a lot more often. I earned a lot more points and had my characters progress much more quickly. With the low amount of points I'm getting from each battle in the current Hulk event, the game feels more like a chore.

My general strategy so far is to use widow to stunlock hulk, then destroy his face with wolverine green and Thor. In the missions with three high level hammer guys, I use storm and Loki to never give up my turn with cascade board manipulation, then i use Thor or iron man or whoever I have free to get in some hard hits

Fuzzy

I think the game screwed me out of a cover. I got top 25 in the last tournament and got 2x blue Black Widow Original and a (can't remember the colour) Black Widow Modern plus the other rewards (ISO + HP). Wasn't the third cover supposed to be a Black Widow Original instead of a Black Widow Modern?
Looks like they fixed the problem and I just got a Purple Black Widow Original for finishing in the top 25 for that tournament. It's weird that I got it 2 days after all the other rewards.

Gotchaye

My general strategy so far is to use widow to stunlock hulk, then destroy his face with wolverine green and Thor. In the missions with three high level hammer guys, I use storm and Loki to never give up my turn with cascade board manipulation, then i use Thor or iron man or whoever I have free to get in some hard hits

That seems to be the way to go. So far none of the missions have given a high level Wolverine much trouble, but Hulk can do a lot of damage if he gets going with his Anger passive. Widow is obviously helpful, but in general it's just about making sure that you're not triggering his passive except on the turn in which you kill him.

Looks like they fixed the problem and I just got a Purple Black Widow Original for finishing in the top 25 for that tournament. It's weird that I got it 2 days after all the other rewards.

Same; they'd said on their forum that they were aware of the issue and trying to sort it out, so I guess they got around to it. Although now I'm actually not sure if I even want to use a fourth purple cover for her.

I think I'm on track to get two of those Powered Up tokens in a few hours. Hopefully I score a Punisher so that I can get more points going forward, but this is actually a really desirable token regardless. Spider Man is fantastic and Wolverine is both great and buffed for these events (I still need yellow for him). The Captain is the only dud.

Fuzzy

Same; they'd said on their forum that they were aware of the issue and trying to sort it out, so I guess they got around to it. Although now I'm actually not sure if I even want to use a fourth purple cover for her.
It was only my third so I was using it any way. I still haven't leveled her at all.

davepoobond

one cap cover for a skill i already maxed.

so, nothing.

i have 2 Black Widow Originals and a The Hood waiting in my reserve. I might just sell The Hood (i already sold two others before) and hopefully get enough Hero Points for the black widow original, but i dont think thats happening before one expires.

NomarTyme

I got a good Spidey that I needed and a Wolvie I didn't. : /

Then I finally got Loki from a Standard Chit. D:
Nice
I got two red Punisher covers. :)
Nice
Two Captain America covers :(
I feel your pain.

one cap cover for a skill i already maxed.

so, nothing.

i have 2 Black Widow Originals and a The Hood waiting in my reserve. I might just sell The Hood (i already sold two others before) and hopefully get enough Hero Points for the black widow original, but i dont think thats happening before one expires.
Yeah the hood is useless so far. Dude is a waste of space unless you need him to unlock some fight BS(Which I don't he is require so far.).

NineH

I can't believe I won my bracket for the No Holds Barred tournament. I'm ecstatic, thought maybe I would have put the grey widows to better use as Invisible Woman seems too specialized

NomarTyme

I can't believe I won my bracket for the No Holds Barred tournament. I'm ecstatic, thought maybe I would have put the grey widows to better use as Invisible Woman seems too specialized

I got second place! so happy. My Grey Suit needs two more purple and two more green for completion.

Top Bottom