• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

zulux21

I don't know if I just have a new bracket or something, but in my recent PvPs I've been hovering around top 50 the whole time. Like in the new Sentry one, I have 300 pts and I'm like 50th. A little too visible.

im was in 3rd with 100 lol.

I need to let it sit for a bit couldn't find anyone worth more than 25 points ><:

Oh god

Old Man Logan dropped for me

Help, what do I do

My highest level is 94 and I want to be able to do PvE :(

I wish I could stash characters somewhere so they wouldn't fuck me up.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
My Kingpin ain't fuckin with Luke Cage today. Fuuuuck.

Malmorian

Used my CP for the 1st time and pulled a Purple Nick Fury bringing him to a decent 1/2/4..meanwhile my Fisk had 0 chance of winning today's fight.

1- Cage is a monster at the best of times
2- Fisk is 0/1/0
3- ????
4- no profit

Used my CP for the 1st time and pulled a Purple Nick Fury bringing him to a decent 1/2/4..meanwhile my Fisk had 0 chance of winning today's fight.

1- Cage is a monster at the best of times
2- Fisk is 0/1/0
3- ????
4- no profit

Add to that the fact that his team-up drains 400+ per turn and even yellow/black denial is an impossibility

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
What a day. Pulled an Old Man Logan and a Reed Richards. Wowzers.

Dalek

What a day. Pulled an Old Man Logan and a Reed Richards. Wowzers.

t9bScLe.gif

With the help of all the free CP today, I got my first Iceman cover.

And with great frustration, I can't beat Luke Cage. I got him down to like 1500 health on my first attempt, but my Kingpin is 5/2/0, and that 0 is yellow, which would be SO helpful in this. Super frustrating.

I think getting old man Logan fucked me over. I can't win a fight to save my life in PVP.
Me too

Don't crucify me guys but I'm actually thinking of selling him so I can go back to having fun again...

The fact that he's 160 levels above my entire roster destroys my chances at everything, and it's not like I can get a decently covered 5*(or have any use for one) in the coming years, I don't even have decently covered 3* characters. Would be cool if I could donate the cover to the alliance.

I just want to say thanks to our mysterious benefactor in gafvengers who gave the team a command point.
No problem, I needed more slots asap :p

NineH

Don't crucify me guys but I'm actually thinking of selling him so I can go back to having fun again...

Oh no, I peeked at your roster and you sold OML :( That sucks, I didn't realize that having a high leveled guy would screw up your PvP matchmaking as well. I knew it messed with PvE scaling but hearing it messes up PvP sucks. I'm getting Silver Surfer as the daily reward in 1 day so I'm not looking forward to the increase in difficulty.

Oh no, I peeked at your roster and you sold OML :( That sucks, I didn't realize that having a high leveled guy would screw up your PvP matchmaking as well. I knew it messed with PvE scaling but hearing it messes up PvP sucks. I'm getting Silver Surfer as the daily reward in 1 day so I'm not looking forward to the increase in difficulty.

I definitely noticed it when I got my Surfer. Pulled Old Man Logan today so I will just live with it. I could really use more covers for all of my 1 cover four stars though-would definitely prefer more of them to a 5 star with a power I can't take advantage of.

Dalek

The developers have said that they will be releasing a patch soon that excludes your five-star characters from the matchmaking algorithm so that you don't get thrown into the deep end.

It's weird for me though because it doesn't affect my PVE but it does affect my PVP. I do see a lot of four star teams more frequently, but it seems that the AI also is increased significantly. Even fights with maxed out three star characters I get clobbered, when in the past I have had ease defeating them.

Yeah my team is still all level 94 and after I got old man Logan I got matched up with maxed out 3* teams only and I lost 150 points in 6 hours on simulator, the game was actually unplayable and extremely unfun. I'm sure it wouldn't have been as bad if I had maxed out 3*s but I don't, 5* is actually useless for me until I have decently covered 4*s which could literally take years.

Dalek

I might have a chance to hit 1000 in this Patch PVP event since I have him maxed out and I have plenty of good maxed out teammates that work well.

zulux21

I might have a chance to hit 1000 in this Patch PVP event since I have him maxed out and I have plenty of good maxed out teammates that work well.

I really need them to shift over to the top 10 or so getting 4 star covers in pvp already.

I don't care enough to grind to a first place finish to get a single 4 star cover when the rest of the rewards are useless, and at this point aside from like 2 characters I don't care about I have a mostly fully covered 3 star roster :/

Got to the 900 mark in the Sentry PvP, but got hit back down towards 800, where I've shielded til the end. Not risking that again.

I'm up over the 9000 mark for the season, so it'll be a close finish for that Legendary token.

zulux21

Got to the 900 mark in the Sentry PvP, but got hit back down towards 800, where I've shielded til the end. Not risking that again.

I'm up over the 9000 mark for the season, so it'll be a close finish for that Legendary token.

i've been attacked like 40 times in the sentry event in the last 24 hours and I am sitting at like 150 points in it... no way in hell I can get to 1k lol.

Triz

Holy shit a lvl 250 iceman is brutal. Kept my whole team froze the entire time in pvp. Fuck silver surfer for putting me in these brackets.

zulux21

Holy shit a lvl 250 iceman is brutal. Kept my whole team froze the entire time in pvp. Fuck silver surfer for putting me in these brackets.

and no help in sight.
The devil is in the details...

What's new...
- Get ready to run The Gauntlet.
- Versus action with Captain America & Falcon.

What's changed...
- Team-Ups now correctly display the intended character icons in battle.
- Temporary healing properly leaves Jean Grey (Phoenix) downed.
- Fixed a bug where the Iso-8 gained was not properly displayed in Survival missions.
- Required characters can no longer be carried between Versus Events.
- Fixed a bug where progress could be stopped when viewing dialogue in the Tutorial.
- Downloading a patch during the early parts of the Tutorial saves data more gracefully.
- Wolverine (Old Man Logan)'s Reluctant Hero no longer damages allies if the battle was finished with an ability that targets a tile.
- Cyclops (Classic)'s Combined Arms can no longer target Critical and Locked tiles.
- Added a new loading screen for mobile devices.
- Replaced references of "Google+" with "Google Play" (no change to functionality).

as that is the new patch notes.

and that top hint...

Dalek

Whoa-they are re-doing the ant-man "Growth Industry" event where you can earn a Purple Ant-Man cover. Starts in 16 hours.

KuroNeeko

Whoa-they are re-doing the ant-man "Growth Industry" event where you can earn a Purple Ant-Man cover. Starts in 16 hours.

If you're still in the 2&#9733; team phase, with no viable 3&#9733; characters, is it even worth picking up a 4&#9733; cover? Doesn't just having it in your box mess with your match-making?

I mean, I'm one CP off a pack and even interested in getting a purple Ant Man, but not if it's going to hose me forever.

Dalek

If you're still in the 2&#9733; team phase, with no viable 3&#9733; characters, is it even worth picking up a 4&#9733; cover? Doesn't just having it in your box mess with your match-making?

I mean, I'm one CP off a pack and even interested in getting a purple Ant Man, but not if it's going to hose me forever.

No it wouldn't mess you up because 4 star characters start at level 70.

zulux21

Ghost Rider would be cool, even though it's probably another 4*, I'm all for more variety and less Wolverines.

it's a 4 star, that was confirmed where I got the info from, but beyond that they have said they won't be adding anything but 4 stars or 5 stars from here on out unless there is a character they really really want in another slot and couldn't previously do them.

3 stars currently total 40 which is perfect for a cycle like DDQ

that was one that we just needed to complete a given node right?
hopefully people point out when the node is up :p

er... it's the one with the separate event with the node :p

KuroNeeko

Ugh, I'd forgotten how bad the inventory crunch is. I have like three new 3&#9733;s waiting to be claimed but no space... : /

Can I post my inventory here and get some advice? I mean, I kind of feel like I know what I have to do - max my core 2&#9733; team and then just chip away at the 3&#9733;s...but if I'm going to sell off covers to make space for new ones I guess I'd feel better with some veteran guidance first...

zulux21

Ugh, I'd forgotten how bad the inventory crunch is. I have like three new 3&#9733;s waiting to be claimed but no space... : /

Can I post my inventory here and get some advice? I mean, I kind of feel like I know what I have to do - max my core 2&#9733; team and then just chip away at the 3&#9733;s...but if I'm going to sell off covers to make space for new ones I guess I'd feel better with some veteran guidance first...

sure feel free to post it's what we are here for.

though you will likely get some "just spend a few bucks to support the game to buy more spaces" responses :p

Dalek

just spend a few bucks to support the game to buy more spaces.

KuroNeeko

sure feel free to post it's what we are here for.

though you will likely get some "just spend a few bucks to support the game to buy more spaces" responses :p

I did spend a few, probably about $10 or so in the beginning just to expand my inventory. Now, as you can imagine, each slot costs like 300+ so it's getting hard to justify. I feel like $10 is a good amount in-line with the other Puzzle Quest games, but the "fun pain" here is killing me.

My Box:

1&#9733;
Storm (Modern) 5/5/3

2&#9733;
Storm (Classic) 5/4/4
Thor (MV) 5/5/3 (yellow fuels Storm)
Magneto 3/3/5
Wolverine 3/5/3
B. Widow 3/5/3 (missing 2 black)
Daken 5/2/1 (a lot better than I remember him, maybe pair with Mags/Thor)
H. Torch 1/1/2 (never had a chance to use him, maybe pair with Thor?)
S. Rogers 1/1 (have sold and restarted many times. want for tile control?)
Ares 1 (same, have sold and restarted many times. dropped for Thor)

3&#9733;
Colossus 1/0/0
Wolv. 1/0/0
Mags 0/0/1
I. Fist 1/0/0
Gamora 0/1/0 (in line to get at least 2 more in the PvP event)
Hulk 1/0/0
Blade 0/1/1
Bullseye 0/1/0 (just pulled him)
Gold Thor 1/0/1
Punisher 1/1/0
Hood 1/2/0
Doom 4/1/0
Panther 0/1/1
B.Widow 1/2/0
She-Hulk 1/1/1
Psylocke 0/1/2

I started about a year or so ago but took a long break. My main 2&#9733; team was Mags / Storm, and I was sad to see his purple get changed. I still like that team though.

I usually keep characters because I like them. Psylocke is one of those characters.

I can clear the 1&#9733; and 2&#9733; and 3&#9733; (final stage) nodes in Deadpool's Vault. I can't clear the node that awards the 3&#9733; cover because I usually lack the required character AND my team is probably too weak. I usually PVP up to the 300 mark for the token. PvE I usually grind up to the 2&#9733;, sometimes the 3&#9733; if it's a character I have.

just spend a few bucks to support the game to buy more spaces.

Doh!

zulux21

I did spend a few, probably about $10 or so in the beginning just to expand my inventory. Now, as you can imagine, each slot costs like 300+ so it's getting hard to justify. I feel like $10 is a good amount in-line with the other Puzzle Quest games, but the "fun pain" here is killing me.

My Box:

1&#9733;
Storm (Modern) 5/5/3

2&#9733;
Storm (Classic) 5/4/4
Thor (MV) 5/5/3 (yellow fuels Storm)
Magneto 3/3/5
Wolverine 3/5/3
B. Widow 3/5/3 (missing 2 black)

3&#9733;
Colossus 1/0/0
Wolv. 1/0/0
Mags 0/0/1
I. Fist 1/0/0
Gamora 0/1/0 (in line to get at least 2 more in the PvP event)
Hulk 1/0/0
Blade 0/1/1
Bullseye 0/1/0 (just pulled him)
Gold Thor 1/0/1
Punisher 1/1/0
Hood 1/2/0
Doom 4/1/0
Panther 0/1/1
B.Widow 1/2/0
She-Hulk 1/1/1
Psylocke 0/1/2

I started about a year or so ago but took a long break. My main 2&#9733; team was Mags / Storm, and I was sad to see his purple get changed. I still like that team though.

I usually keep characters because I like them. Psylocke is one of those characters.

I can clear the 1&#9733; and 2&#9733; and 3&#9733; (final stage) nodes in Deadpool's Vault. I can't clear the node that awards the 3&#9733; cover because I usually lack the required character AND my team is probably too weak.

Doh!

is what I would start with to ditch. other characters are better than daken at this point and he is used so often as an enemy in pve that he is mostly useless there.
the others aren't bad but I am fond of thor/storm/widow where widow uses purple to steal and only if really needed blue to heal, thor uses red to get to yellow which makes green and storm uses green to get more ap and blue to kill things (thor's green is ok but I prefer using storm to get more ap in general because he blue move is a lot better than thor's green)

as for the 3 stars selling them in general isn't amazing but if there was one to sell.. Bullseye ... he is garbage lol.

KuroNeeko

is what I would start with to ditch. other characters are better than daken at this point and he is used so often as an enemy in pve that he is mostly useless there.
the others aren't bad but I am fond of thor/storm/widow where widow uses purple to steal and only if really needed blue to heal, thor uses red to get to yellow which makes green and storm uses green to get more ap and blue to kill things (thor's green is ok but I prefer using storm to get more ap in general because he blue move is a lot better than thor's green)

as for the 3 stars selling them in general isn't amazing but if there was one to sell.. Bullseye ... he is garbage lol.

Thanks for the advice!

I agree with Thor / Storm / Widow. I JUST started using this team about two or three days ago as my 5/5/3 Thor was specced just for that purpose. You kind of scramble a bit in the beginning, but then you just hit this...critical mass and start pulverizing the enemy team.

KuroNeeko

If you insist on getting rid of 3 star characters-Bullseye and Psylocke are ones that you won't miss.

It's not really that I insist on it. I just don't have the space. : / I have a 10 pack coming up in a few days as well. ; . ;

I must be the only person who doesn't hate Psylocke. She's definitely underpowered but far from the worst 3 Star in the game.

I've always liked Psylocke (the character.) She may be a bit cliche, but she was also one of the first 3&#9733;s I got.

What kills me is...why is there always such a discrepancy between the cover art, and this game's art. It's always so disappointing....

Top Bottom