• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

Are they ever going to bring cp back to daily dead pool

My guess is that too many people were throwing off their projections internally for what it should be dishing out for daily CP, and they took it out to get closer to those numbers.

So probably not, at least not for a while.

I did spend a few, probably about $10 or so in the beginning just to expand my inventory. Now, as you can imagine, each slot costs like 300+ so it's getting hard to justify. I feel like $10 is a good amount in-line with the other Puzzle Quest games, but the "fun pain" here is killing me.

Zulux21's advice is solid. The general consensus for necessary **s is:

-Storm
-Widow
-Thor

In terms of "nice to haves", Wolverine and Ares are great backups. I wouldn't bother putting ISO into any other ** characters.

Campino:

Good luck! I hope you get there.

The 2*s I have are(in order of usefulness).

Widow
Storm
Thor
Mags
Marvel

Magneto + Storm is pretty nice if you want to end fights fast(Mags pink feeds storms blue).

Marvel isn't that good but she's very tanky and her yellow is underrated when maxed imo, it converts any 9 tiles for just 7 ap, I usually save up 14-21 yellow ap then bust it out whenever I need a board clear. Also when she's buffed she's extremely tanky and does decent damage with her black.

Dispatch

The best (fastest) two star team is Magneto, Storm, and Hawkeye.

Use Magneto's purple to power Storm's blue, and also make a match of five to set off Hawkeye's purple.

Enemies melt.

Of course, I only use this in the Deadpool Daily, so it may not be worth it.

zulux21

Are they ever going to bring cp back to daily dead pool
that was just a first week bonus
My guess is that too many people were throwing off their projections internally for what it should be dishing out for daily CP, and they took it out to get closer to those numbers.

So probably not, at least not for a while.
it was never planned to be included past the first week.
Zulux21's advice is solid. The general consensus for necessary **s is:

-Storm
-Widow
-Thor

In terms of "nice to haves", Wolverine and Ares are great backups. I wouldn't bother putting ISO into any other ** characters.

Campino:

Good luck! I hope you get there.

I actually kept a captain america around for a while since for goon nodes captain + widow is actually a great two star team lol.

widow can use blue to make the timers longer if there are a ton, otherwise captain can use red and blue to target and destroy countdown timers. With goons his red ability is amazing to take out count down timers once you get things going since it returns most of the ap as long as it isn't match.

that is about the only time 2 star captain is useful though :p

zulux21

man doc oc was a pain in the middle of the waves. I had the perfect defense offense going and he wiped it out with one move killing my loki lol.

Dalek

So frustrated I want to throw my phone at the wall. I can never make progress past 800 without getting obliterated. There's 10 hours left and I'm working very fast to get those last 200 points and every victory in attached by two people. I'm out of health packs and I'm back at 700. I'm telling you, something is not right with this.

Hit nearly 700 in the Patch PvP, running Patch (maxed, 13k health or something), Luke Cage (maxed, 13k) and Hulk (almost maxed, 15k). Just stomping fools. So I've got less than 300 to get that legendary token.

man doc oc was a pain in the middle of the waves. I had the perfect defense offense going and he wiped it out with one move killing my loki lol.
Yeah, that wasn't easy. I got super lucky in that, too. I brought along Cyclops and Cap, and Cyclops went down early. Finished the last 2 or 3 waves with only Cap. Conserving red, launched Sentinel of Liberty a couple of times, and Peacemaker several times. Nothing was hitting me for more than 1 health, and I only had about 1500 left. It was tense.

Dalek

What's up with this.

IIMCRld.jpg

How do I report a user? Saw some guy with an impossible roster, he had a 3/3/4 female Wolverine but aside from that he didn't have a single 3/4* even decently covered.

Dalek

Even with the tips that are posted on the previous page, getting to 1000 in PVP just seems impossible for me. I even set an alarm to wake up at 2 AM last night to try to sneak in some easy fights. But it didn't matter every victory I got earned me two defeats and I just ended up with a negative run. Fucking annoying.

Malmorian

Finally got my 10-pack and pulled some shitty 3*'s I had maxed, but managed a cover for Gamora and my 1st Mr Fantastic (black). Man, those roster spots aren't getting any cheaper

Triz

I want another 5* to pair with silver surfer. Don't care if it's Logan or Phoenix. At least give me a chance with the fucked 4* brackets I'm stuck in since pulling surfer.

I used 2* Thor and Ms Marvel. Antman died at wave 1 but I kept going and won partially because of how tanky they are, really fun challenge. The first wave is a fucking bitch with that asshole Daken that refuses to die and that awful ninja with his caltrops and shitty protect tiles.

You know, I used to be so excited to do those 4-star DDQ fights. Trying to eke out a win. That doesn't happen anymore, because I wind up having to use my unusable Carnage or somebody useless, and then it's just disappointing.

zulux21

The Ant Man wave is kicking my butt. Who is everybody using?

same team I always use on waves
Patch + Loki

and if I don't have a required character I throw in IF.,

if your loki isn't high enough to steal them all ant man works out decently as his one move steals tiles so you just have to survive for a little bit while he steals the other strike tiles.

Chanser

Patch + Loki

if your loki isn't high enough to steal them all ant man works out decently as his one move steals tiles so you just have to survive for a little bit while he steals the other strike tiles.

Same here.

Patch + Loki

That...worked perfectly.

I so rarely use Patch and Loki. Nailed it first try with that combo.

zulux21

That...worked perfectly.

I so rarely use Patch and Loki. Nailed it first try with that combo.

glad to hear.

I just can't really think of a better combo then loading up 1k damage and 1k defense early on to deal with a long fight where the guy that will take most of the hits just regens all of his life after the defense is up lol.

I should note when facing stronger nodes you should try your best to chain a patch match into a black loki match.

Triz

Heroic 10 pack report: no moonstones! Only 3 stars were green Kamala and Purple deadpool, both of witch I have maxed. Thanks for the ISO I guess.

Dalek

When I think about it-it was a good week for me. Ant-Man cover from the special event, got a Kingpin cover from the DDQ 4star and then today a Jean Grey cover from 25 CP.

KuroNeeko

How gritty do the Shield / Season rankings get in the last 3 hours? Is it pretty stable? I'm in -line for a 10-pack at about rank 35 and am wondering if I should shield up.

Makes sense if they only want to add 4/5 star characters. Still, I hope that's not an excuse to add more versions of characters we already have. Gimme MODOK, Emma Frost, Kitty Pride, turn 1* Spidey into a 2* character so he's legitimately useful, Spider-Woman, etc.

Top Bottom