• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

Out of my 3 end-of-season tokens I got 2 2*s and a Blue 3* Spider-Man. Out of the next 2 taco tokens I got a Purple Mystique and a Red Daredevil. Amazing luck, good day for me.

Sadly none of my 3*s are viable yet unless they're boosted. My best covered ones are:

Hulk (5/3/1)
Mohawk Storm (2/5/1)
Quicksilver (2/2/4)
Squirrel Girl (4/2/2)
Colossus (2/4/1)
The Hood (3/3/1)

All of them are either missing covers in their best skills, don't have enough in general or are just useless characters(looking at you Quicksilver). I'm making progress though, that's all I can ask for.

Gentle Rodruigez, you are progressing nicely. I am two years in and you already have more blue Hood covers than me.

My season ended well. I already mentioned the **** Cyclops from the 10 pack, but an end of season yielded another Carnage. Can't do much at 1/1/1 but progress is progress.

I am down to needing 27 covers for a complete *** roster..mostly across Cyclops, Dock Ock and Bullseye. Cyke covers are seemingly impossible for me to get.

Dalek

Gentle Rodruigez, you are progressing nicely. I am two years in and you already have more blue Hood covers than me.

My season ended well. I already mentioned the **** Cyclops from the 10 pack, but an end of season yielded another Carnage. Can't do much at 1/1/1 but progress is progress.

I am down to needing 27 covers for a complete *** roster..mostly across Cyclops, Dock Ock and Bullseye. Cyke covers are seemingly impossible for me to get.

It's funny the way those work. I think Ive gotten more Cyclops covers than any other character.

Groot is a close second.

It's funny the way those work. I think Ive gotten more Cyclops covers than any other character.

Groot is a close second.

I have a covered Groot but haven't gotten any extras. I have probably pulled two to three fully covered Psylock and Torches though. If nothing else, I guess this does showcase how random it is.

KuroNeeko

Out of my 3 end-of-season tokens I got 2 2*s and a Blue 3* Spider-Man. Out of the next 2 taco tokens I got a Purple Mystique and a Red Daredevil. Amazing luck, good day for me.

Sadly none of my 3*s are viable yet unless they're boosted. My best covered ones are:

Hulk (5/3/1)
Mohawk Storm (2/5/1)
Quicksilver (2/2/4)
Squirrel Girl (4/2/2)
Colossus (2/4/1)
The Hood (3/3/1)

All of them are either missing covers in their best skills, don't have enough in general or are just useless characters(looking at you Quicksilver). I'm making progress though, that's all I can ask for.

I feel your pain!

I drew six 2★s from my 10-pack (no Moonstones), and there was a green Wolvie that I'd needed.

I did get a purple Doctor Doom, red Gamora, green Patch, and purple Squirrel Girl from that pack though.

I have way too many covers though. Purple Squirrel Girl, blue 3★ Spidey, and black 4★ Elektra are just sitting in my reward box.

My only highest covered 3★s are

Doom 4/1/1
Gamora 1/3/1
Punisher 2/2
Thor 2/2/1

I can't earn Hero Pts fast enough... ;.;

zulux21

I feel your pain!

I drew six 2★s from my 10-pack (no Moonstones), and there was a green Wolvie that I'd needed.

I did get a purple Doctor Doom, red Gamora, green Patch, and purple Squirrel Girl from that pack though.

I have way too many covers though. Purple Squirrel Girl, blue 3★ Spidey, and black 4★ Elektra are just sitting in my reward box.

My only highest covered 3★s are

Doom 4/1/1
Gamora 1/3/1
Punisher 2/2
Thor 2/2/1

I can't earn Hero Pts fast enough... ;.;

>.>
SzHFvTk.jpg

odgeZBf.jpg

5Pqeipe.jpg

wROf01b.jpg

nXT5CoG.jpg
I might have a few 3 stars >.>

zulux21

Why are so many of your characters so low level zulux?

because I see no reason to level up characters I don't use :p
and when they are boosted they are boosted high enough that they are perfectly usable like that.

the game is designed to punish you by getting harder the more powerful you get (see people who got a 5 star and are now unable to do anything), don't get more powerful... stay comfy :p

That's what I thought. When I finally get enough covers for my characters I plan on leveling them all though, even if it takes a long time. One of the main reasons I'm still playing is so I can eventually try out different characters to find some fun and cool combos, that's all the reward I need. Sadly the 2* roster is small and has some really unfun and bad characters so there's not much you can do with it. Like Daken, Moonstone and Bullseye are just terribly boring.

zulux21

That's what I thought. When I finally get enough covers for my characters I plan on leveling them all though, even if it takes a long time. One of the main reasons I'm still playing is so I can eventually try out different characters to find some fun and cool combos, that's all the reward I need.

I just test them out when boosted :p

one of my favorite combos right now.

IF and luke cage both throw down tiles (if an attack tile, cage a defense tile) that falcon can power up.

so you take little damage while increasing damage while you build up yellow and purple and black to do massive damage with cage and if you get green you can add some strike tiles lol.

Dalek

IF and luke cage both throw down tiles (if an attack tile, cage a defense tile) that falcon can power up.

so you take little damage while increasing damage while you build up yellow and purple and black to do massive damage with cage and if you get green you can add some strike tiles lol.

That's my 2nd favorite team. I just need to level up Falcon so he can take some more hits. Once you get bird strike going and a few yellows-you're set.

Damn, that's what I'm talking about, that looks extremely fun to play.

zulux21

That's my 2nd favorite team. I just need to level up Falcon so he can take some more hits. Once you get bird strike going and a few yellows-you're set.

meh
a bird strike is 14 black tiles added to the board wasted
likely 5k plus damage

seems better just to do that and end things unless you are doing a wave based thing.

edit:
did the deadpool 3 star cover with that team for the heck of it and indeed
a single bird strike at the start makes the waves pretty easy.

Hulk (5/3/1)
Mohawk Storm (2/5/1)
Quicksilver (2/2/4)
Squirrel Girl (4/2/2)
Colossus (2/4/1)
The Hood (3/3/1)

You've managed to get the most covers for some of the least useful 3*'s. Keep at it!

LThor
LCap
IF
BP
Loki
Patch
CMags
etc.

This is 100% my default trio. No offensive blue & red, but it's worth it for the constantly escalating offense & defense as you build Cage's yellow.

zulux21

so I am noticing a huge problem with the collect 300 tokens to get the whole taco vault plan.

by the time I get there only the 4 star stuff and HP and ISO will be useful >.<; I mean it's still something but it's not like I will have to wait for a good 3 star vault as it won't matter lol.

so I am noticing a huge problem with the collect 300 tokens to get the whole taco vault plan.

by the time I get there only the 4 star stuff and HP and ISO will be useful >.<; I mean it's still something but it's not like I will have to wait for a good 3 star vault as it won't matter lol.
You get 4k BP though, that's enough to buy any 4* cover you want, maybe a second one too if you already had some BP saved up.

I got up to 70ish in each vault and just went go it. No ****s. Now I cash them in every day and have pulled two ****s.

Today being Day 666, I get 15 CP. That brings me up over 25, and time for a Legendary pull.

Yellow Kingpin cover! Finally! I've been needing one of those, this is my first yellow cover. He's beginning to get fairly usable, and I have him leveled up to Lv 172.

Dalek

Today being Day 666, I get 15 CP. That brings me up over 25, and time for a Legendary pull.

Yellow Kingpin cover! Finally! I've been needing one of those, this is my first yellow cover. He's beginning to get fairly usable, and I have him leveled up to Lv 172.

When they let us use a Maxed Kingpin, he was really devastating.

Hell yeah I got top 5 in the Storm PvP, it's just shitty Vision covers but I'll take it, the CP is nice too. My first top 5 ever :)

With just 670 points too, though that's also a personal record of mine.

zulux21

im sitting on 24 but I have decided that I am not going to pull any legendary tokens until either

A. They fix matchmaking with 5 star characters

or

b. There is a deadpool daily that has a character that i might be able to do it with if i got another cover.

this week will be thing.

this will not be a week to care about another cover for me as I would need like 5 more covers for him to make him useful lol.

This balance of power pvp is the first one where I'm actually confused as to what to use. I'm guessing all of my 3*s are still useless and I need to stick with my standard OBW/Storm/Thor team but I have no idea what to attack since nothing is underleveled now I and I have no idea how well covered my opponents are. For all I know they're bluffing with their 1/1/1 3/4 stars.

Dalek

This balance of power pvp is the first one where I'm actually confused as to what to use. I'm guessing all of my 3*s are still useless and I need to stick with my standard OBW/Storm/Thor team but I have no idea what to attack since nothing is underleveled now I and I have no idea how well covered my opponents are. For all I know they're bluffing with their 1/1/1 3/4 stars.

This is actually my favorite event because everyone is the same level-and also, Juggernaut is a fucking beast in this. I ran a team of Juggernaut, Kamala Khan and OBW and it was fun. Jugs does damage to himself, but Kamala will immediately heal him.

Dalek

Yep-Ghost Rider is the next 4 star character.

http://marvel.com/news/video_games/25463/piecing_together_marvel_puzzle_quest_ghost_rider

Joe Fletcher: Indeed! Johnny will be launching with our newest story episode titled &#8220;Hearts of Darkness.&#8221; Astute Marvel readers will note that this was a storyline from Howard Mackie and John Romita Jr. quite a while back. We&#8217;re taking the story and putting a &#8220;Marvel Puzzle Quest&#8221; sheen on it with Alex Irvine penning the story with a bit of a twist. Instead of Dan Ketch as Ghost Rider facing off against Blackheart, Johnny Blaze is going to be taking Wolverine, Punisher, and Daredevil with him into the heart of hell itself to stop a plan recently hatched by The Hood.

More on Marvel.com: http://marvel.com/news/video_games/...marvel_puzzle_quest_ghost_rider#ixzz3rt40mWzq

zulux21

Dalek

i think it is adorable that in the press release they talked about how he plays well with 2* characters like daken..

who in the hell is going to have a fully covered 4 star and not have 3 star daken :p

here is hoping who ever penned the ghost rider movie with nick cage wrote the story to the MPQ story as it was pure comedy gold :p

nicolas-cage-film-ghost-rider.gif

Dalek

Can anyone explain the placement system and how it works, because I'm confused. I never realized there was a difference in which "placement" you put your heroes-Left, Middle and Right.

Can anyone explain the placement system and how it works, because I'm confused. I never realized there was a difference in which "placement" you put your heroes-Left, Middle and Right.

From what I know, priority goes like this:
1.Middle
2.Left
3.Right

For me this is significant because my standard team(OBW/Thor/Storm) all do the same damage for teamups(I think this is always the case when your characters are on the same level?), but obviously I don't want OBW or Storm tanking it so I put Thor in middle so he tanks those. Second, OBW and Storm have equal blue power, so I put OBW on the left so she tanks those so I get her passive bonues and Storm only has to tank green(her green strength is way higher than Thor's so there's no helping it).

So the difference between me putting Storm in middle and Storm on the right is her either tanking 3 colors(blue, teamup, green) or 1(green), needless to say this makes a huge difference when you're on offense. Not sure if this is what you meant or if there's more I don't know.

Dalek

1.Middle
2.Left
3.Right

For me this is significant because my standard team(OBW/Thor/Storm) all do the same damage for teamups(I think this is always the case when your characters are on the same level?), but obviously I don't want OBW or Storm tanking it so I put Thor in middle so he tanks those. Second, OBW and Storm have equal blue power, so I put OBW on the left so she tanks those so I get her passive bonues and Storm only has to tank green(her green strength is way higher than Thor's so there's no helping it).

So the difference between me putting Storm in middle and Storm on the right is her either tanking 3 colors(blue, teamup, green) or 1(green), needless to say this makes a huge difference when you're on offense. Not sure if this is what you meant or if there's more I don't know.

Well I think the placement also extends to which character will attack if the Attack value matches, etc. So let's say Thor and Kamala both do the same damage in Green-then it falls to the placement as to which one will attack when you match green.

Well I think the placement also extends to which character will attack if the Attack value matches, etc. So let's say Thor and Kamala both do the same damage in Green-then it falls to the placement as to which one will attack when you match green.

Well yeah, that's what I meant when I said they "tank" those colors, I should've been more clear on that. A character attacking means they have to tank upcoming enemy turn(unless you match 5 I guess).

keiichi

1.Middle
2.Left
3.Right

omg, this is a thing? I never knew this.

Top Bottom