• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

Dalek

OK guys-I need your help.

I've been grinding away to try to get to 1000 in the Balance of Power event. I'm currently at 808 points, 8th place and 17hr 35min left.

So how do I do this without fucking up? This is always where I unshield and lose like 300 points in 10 minutes. I need to wait a while for my health packs to replenish before I attack again.

EdLQfJa.jpg

Not sure if this is the best thread to ask but: Is this game ok on PS4? I have enough constantly updating F2P games to keep up with already (shoutout to MAA). Kinda just want to play it without the F2P hooks and be done with it.

Not sure if this is the best thread to ask but: Is this game ok on PS4? I have enough constantly updating F2P games to keep up with already (shoutout to MAA). Kinda just want to play it without the F2P hooks and be done with it.

You know what, I don't know that I've seen anyone on here talk about the console version.

zulux21

You know what, I don't know that I've seen anyone on here talk about the console version.

I don't know if anyone has it, they released it with very little marketing.

all I know is rarity is gone, all characters go up to max 4 star level with the ability to get 5 of each cover and that the story/content is only up through the first year.

I imagine it plays fine but I haven't played it

zulux21

so I am reading that the next update still won't fix the scaling issues. which means we are likely looking at a month or so more until the 5* stop screwing up scaling.

NineH

My Professor X is at 4/3/1 so I really want to get the yellow as the final gauntlet reward. But I'm halfway through the 3rd gauntlet and all my opponents are already level 395 so fuck you D3 for making it so difficult.

Dalek

My Professor X is at 4/3/1 so I really want to get the yellow as the final gauntlet reward. But I'm halfway through the 3rd gauntlet and all my opponents are already level 395 so fuck you D3 for making it so difficult.

Same here. Fucking sucks.

A good while ago, I had a streak of winning like 3 PvPs in a row, I was on fire. Then they caught on and threw me in a new bracket. But that's super rough, and pretty unfair.

Dalek

That Villians Inc alliance I've seen before and their entire alliance has rosters like that. Either they're millionaires or they're cheating.

That Villians Inc alliance I've seen before and their entire alliance has rosters like that. Either they're millionaires or they're cheating.

Report him so he will get sandboxed
Would they be able to find out if they've cheated to get their roster? I'll report them if they can, I'm thinking they won't want to do anything to the top whales though.

That's an absurd amount of money to spend though, what's the point of 3 maxed OML's.

Also I find it ridiculous that getting a few good finishes(barely even trying) in an incredibly shitty bracket earns me a spot in the top bracket in which I won't even have a chance to get top 100.

zulux21

Would they be able to find out if they've cheated to get their roster? I'll report them if they can, I'm thinking they won't want to do anything to the top whales though.

That's an absurd amount of money to spend though, what's the point of 3 maxed OML's.

Also I find it ridiculous that getting a few good finishes(barely even trying) in an incredibly shitty bracket earns me a spot in the top bracket in which I won't even have a chance to get top 100.

they will check to see if it is valid or not.
if he spent 100k buying stuff to get command points and what not then they will let him be. if he didn't buy stuff he will get sandboxed because he is cheating. despite everything I would go with that is likely a valid roster and that person just grinds a ton and spends a lot of money as they likely have been reported before given multiple max level 5 stars.

Hit 1000 for the Cap PvP, got my Ant-Man cover. Might see if I can get a bit higher in the last hour. I'll have a short window between the end of my current shield and the end of the PvP, maybe an hour. So we'll see. Worst case, I get hit and spend 75 hp. No biggie.

Triz

Bit off topic but anyone playing "Gems of War?" Similar with a bit more depth. It's on iOS and the consoles. Think same guys make it.

We have plenty of 3*s but I do hope they add more 2*s and give a third power to the 1* characters that don't have one. It's kinda lame that there's so few 2* characters when you're stuck in that tier for so long, especially since half of them are awful.

zulux21

We have plenty of 3*s but I do hope they add more 2*s and give a third power to the 1* characters that don't have one. It's kinda lame that there's so few 2* characters when you're stuck in that tier for so long, especially since half of them are awful.

it's unlikely they will ever add another 2 star character, especially as more time goes on you will see a shift in the game where 1 stars basically are only used in the tutorial, 2 stars get you through the story, and 3 stars are basically the current version of 2 stars so that the game from 1-2-3-4 remains basically the same for 2-3-4-5 as we get more 4 and 5 stars.

in the grand scheme of things you are not in 1 or 2 star land for very long anymore.

it's unlikely they will ever add another 2 star character, especially as more time goes on you will see a shift in the game where 1 stars basically are only used in the tutorial, 2 stars get you through the story, and 3 stars are basically the current version of 2 stars so that the game from 1-2-3-4 remains basically the same for 2-3-4-5 as we get more 4 and 5 stars.

in the grand scheme of things you are not in 1 or 2 star land for very long anymore.

You're right on both accounts, there is definitely a power creep happening, but if they expect players to keep up with it(without spending ridiculous amounts of money) they have to update their rewards accordingly. Either have regular/heroic tokens have a better chance of dropping a 2*/3* cover respectively or start dropping them more often.

And I know I'm almost in 3* land but I'm talking more in general, transitioning is still way too difficult.

Edit: I got a red Elektra with my CP, meh.

Spoit

Freaking falcon kinda sucks. Took me 9 tries to beat today's node with my 3/3/3 188 one. Had to double cast the red with 28 AP

Day 755 is 25 command points. Sweet. They are still pretty scarce for me. Without a useable 4 star roster I am having trouble earning them in my brackets.

I must have tried for today's prof X PVE command point fifteen times. I am literally getting 1 event point now when I finish it and still haven't gotten the cp. crazy.

Dalek

Goddammit. Got my cyclops PVP token, and I see the pulsing 4 star. It's a green Invisible Woman, of which I already have 5. Sucks so bad.

Boo, missed out on the Captain Marvel PvP 1000 pt level, kept getting attacked and didnt want to risk it. Settled for 900 pts.

And I got my season 10-pack, allll crap.

Triz

Pulled a 4 star Wolverine from the Ghost Rider PVE event token. One more yellow and I'll have my first maxed 4 star.

Top Bottom