• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

This season I'm just getting my 300 pvp token and then quitting, it's really unmotivating to be in a bracket in which you have to spend an enormous amount of effort and resources just to get into the top 100, it's just not worth it. Doesn't help that I've been really unlucky with my tokens too, it's been ages since I've gotten anything useful out of the tokens and that says something when you don't have any 3*s maxed.

Dalek

This season I'm just getting my 300 pvp token and then quitting, it's really unmotivating to be in a bracket in which you have to spend an enormous amount of effort and resources just to get into the top 100, it's just not worth it. Doesn't help that I've been really unlucky with my tokens too, it's been ages since I've gotten anything useful out of the tokens and that says something when you don't have any 3*s maxed.

Story of my life. It blows my mind that people seem to get high ranking with little effort.

Just got my ten pack along with the X-23 simulator 2000 prize. I got one 4 star from the ten pack-an Ant-Man cover.

zulux21

Story of my life. It blows my mind that people seem to get high ranking with little effort.

Just got my ten pack along with the X-23 simulator 2000 prize. I got one 4 star from the ten pack-an Ant-Man cover.

well to be fair most of those people are like me and barely do anything more than the daily log in so are in the newbie brackets techincally still even though I am at day 700 >.>

The bracketing is getting very frustrating. Not sure if it is because of my five stars but it sucks. I was approaching 709 points in the Cyclops PVP and wasn't even close to getting into the top 100. I am constantly matched with people who have robust four star rosters. My three star roster is almost complete but it is exhausting to compete with the next level.

Arg. He is pretty much the only three star I need more than one or two covers for.

Something weird's happened to my game. For the past few days whenever I try to start the game, it just says Check Internet Connection. despite my internet connection being fine, and every other app that needs an internet connection working fine.

Has anyone dealt with Customer Support before? Would they be able to help?

Triz

This pve scaling is crazy. 2nd to last node is all lvl 325 hood and thugs that power him up. Managed to squeak by barely. Next node is the same lineup 4 times, at least I think since I couldn't beat round 1. #thankssilversurfer

Watching my kid play soccer at 7:00 am.

Sleepily musing how I haven't pulled a four star in ages.

Chuckle at how it would suck to pull an IW green.

Pull an IW green.

I hate early morning soccer.

Can I please just get a 3* cover to drop from a token, I swear it's been over a week of me working for heroics and tacos with literally zero payoff. Just lower the fucking 2* drop rate, it's insulting. I'm like 0 for 20 at the very least.

Triz

I'm telling you guys get "Gems of War" on you phones. It's very good. Made me realize some of the bullshit seen lately with MPQ.

zulux21

It's really shitty to hide one of the two command points behind a Ghost Rider required node.

don't know why you wouldn't expect it.

command points are hidden behind the 4 star node.
the 4 star node after a new 4 star is released is always the new 4 star.

you are expected to get the new character to keep building your roster.

me I am to lazy to grind a node for command points anyways so either i get it or don't.

I just joined the Torch event. Clicked on the first feeder node and.....

bKtalsh.jpg

WTF is this? I have a strong team of 166s but can't hope to compete at this level. Ridiculous scaling.

So, I've saved up enough Command Points to pull a legendary token...

Black cover for Hulkbuster! Bringing me to 0/4/1, and I'll soon max him to Lv 131 (which is as far as it can go for now).

Still need a damned red, though. Useless without red.

-

On another note, I cannot even put into words the level of frustration that I'm feeling from this Torch PvP. I'm getting slaughtered. I'm struggling to pass 400 pts. This does not at all help my attempt for the 10k season mark.

zulux21

note: we have an opening in the gaf-vengers alliance,

we have pretty low stanards... basically just try to get your daily log in. If you can't get it just try not to miss for a week straight :p

PS: Whales are super welcome as we would love command points MWA HA HA HA :p

also... hmmm I wonder if my 1/1/2 fantastic will be enough for this week's token.

Dalek

note: we have an opening in the gaf-vengers alliance,

we have pretty low stanards... basically just try to get your daily log in. If you can't get it just try not to miss for a week straight :p

PS: Whales are super welcome as we would love command points MWA HA HA HA :p

also... hmmm I wonder if my 1/1/2 fantastic will be enough for this week's token.

I say we should DEMAND a purchase ante for our command points. MWA HAHAHA

Yesterday's 4* DPD was pretty depressing as I don't think you need a super well covered Jean Grey to beat Moonstone, sadly mine is 0/1/0 and her Blue is almost useless vs AI.

Dispatch

I'm really getting burned out on the game. I had about a week where I felt I could get 1,000 points in PVP and get a decent amount of rewards in PVE. Now, I struggle at both, and I'm not sure I'll even get the 10 token reward for the PVP season.

zulux21

I'm really getting burned out on the game. I had about a week where I felt I could get 1,000 points in PVP and get a decent amount of rewards in PVE. Now, I struggle at both, and I'm not sure I'll even get the 10 token reward for the PVP season.

at some point you will realize that all of the time and effort you put into PVP, especially to get the 10 token reward pack, would be far better spent taking a part time job for a few hours to buy the HP to get the tokens (or better yet just buy a single cover you need each week)

which once you get to that point you will realize that it's best to just coast and only try to get characters you actually want to play and that the 10 pack is just a cookie far far away and when you get it it won't taste as good as you want.

aka burn out is real, going for the 10 pack each season is a great way to discover that :p

I imagine that once you max most of the 3*s you want maxed the 10 pack loses almost all of it's value. It's still great for me since I get 4/5 valuable covers out of it.

Malmorian

I imagine that once you max most of the 3*s you want maxed the 10 pack loses almost all of it's value. It's still great for me since I get 4/5 valuable covers out of it.

This right here. I've got a maxed (cover) 3* roster with the bloody exception of IF ( gonna buckle down and just buy it since I use him all the time ) 3* Bullseye and Quicksilver. I want to transition to the 4* soooo badly, but you need 4*'s to get 4*'s...CP's are new but that's still what, 1 token every month? Month and a half? I admittedly am feeling some burnout now

zulux21

it's nice to see that the hulk is getting an event like ant man where you can just get a cover by completing it.

really wish they would do this more often as it's not like it wouldn't still take years to get the covers just from those events.

well this scaling doesn't boad well.
round 1
round 2
round 3
>.<

ha ha ha
first round is
a level 347 hulk follow by a level 345 she hulk that opened up with a power of attorney for 3k across my team.

edit:
either way yay

it's nice to see that the hulk is getting an event like ant man where you can just get a cover by completing it.

really wish they would do this more often as it's not like it wouldn't still take years to get the covers just from those events.

well this scaling doesn't boad well.
round 1

round 2

round 3

>.<

ha ha ha
first round is
a level 347 hulk follow by a level 345 she hulk that opened up with a power of attorney for 3k across my team.

edit:
either way yay

The Hulk waves were tough, but I was able to beat it after about 4 tries with Patch, Loki and Kamala. My hulks were also only lvl 305, though. This is the hardest one, if you can make it past the hulks the last two are cake.

zulux21

Got wiped my 1st time, but rampaged back with LCap, Luke Cage and IF

yup that is the team I went with as cage can cover stun, damage, and protect, same with cap. and fist can fuel damage with attack tile and fuel cage and add some strike tiles to help with damage as well.

Killed the Hulks with the classic OBW/Storm/Thor lineup, stun first Hulk, farm ap on second Hulk(while not letting her get red or green), demolish third Hulk.

Then I ran into Galactus and completely forgot my strat, almost defeated him with dumb luck.

Also this new Hulk confuses me, I don't know what I'm supposed to do with him at all.

Dalek

Not bad for a days haul.

I got the new Hulk cover in the new event. Then got a 4 star Thor cover from the daily login rewards, and then finally earned my legendary token in the Rocket Groot event and that gave me my first 4 star Captain America cover.

I feel like they've raised the rate of getting a 4 Star. Ever since the anniversary event I've gotten random 4 stars somewhat consistently. I got a random red Hulk yesterday, over the weekend I got a random x-23. I feel like I've gotten at least one 4 Star cover semi weekly. Of course, they are never ones I already have, so I just have a bunch of one cover 4 stars. Not sure if I want to keep making room for them. I only have one 3 Star fully covered (Patch). Think it's worth investing in the 4 stars right now?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I feel like they've raised the rate of getting a 4 Star. Ever since the anniversary event I've gotten random 4 stars somewhat consistently. I got a random red Hulk yesterday, over the weekend I got a random x-23. I feel like I've gotten at least one 4 Star cover semi weekly. Of course, they are never ones I already have, so I just have a bunch of one cover 4 stars. Not sure if I want to keep making room for them. I only have one 3 Star fully covered (Patch). Think it's worth investing in the 4 stars right now?

I get that feeling too. I got two four-stars in one day off of Heroics. It was a cause for celebration.

If we're going by anecdotal evidence then I think the only thing that got raised was the chance of getting 2*s. In the past 2 weeks I've gotten more 3*s from standard tokens than from heroics: 1 to 0.

I got top 50 in the last PvE event so that offsets it somewhat.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Star-Lord for my legendary token. Not too impressed.

Don't get me wrong, most of my packs are silvers. But at least once a week for the last month or so I've gotten a 4 Star mixed in with the 2 stars. No 3* though. Those have all been through taco tokens or rewards. Ok, I think I got a random 3 Star bullseye, but does that really count?

Edit: I actually just went and counted and since the anniversary event I've gotten 8 random 4 Star covers. I've gotten 3 as rewards (antman, Amadeus and ghost rider).

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone who is having issues with those 3 Hulks in Amadeus' node, you can stunlock the shit out of them with Cap or even Spidey. Boost blue if you need to get there, but crank that fucker. They'll never get AP if you keep em stunlocked so thank fuckin christ.

Top Bottom