• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

Triz

They replaced my accidentally sold Sam Wilson. The email response did say they normally don't do it and will not do it again.

Spoit

well if you still haven't filled it, I guess I can apply. I haven't actually been playing much, but that extra 10 iso a day helps, right? (I haven't actually been doing even the 1 fight a day reliably)

Dalek

well if you still haven't filled it, I guess I can apply. I haven't actually been playing much, but that extra 10 iso a day helps, right? (I haven't actually been doing even the 1 fight a day reliably)

There's a $100 buy in.

Just kidding. Search for GAF-vengers and I can sign you up.

Edit: welcome!

Triz

I pulled a legendary token from the deadpool daily today and got Cyclops. And I can see there is another legendary token reward coming in about a week for the daily rewards.

They replaced my accidentally sold Sam Wilson. The email response did say they normally don't do it and will not do it again.

Yeah, that's normal. I just wrote a terms of use that basically said they don't have to do anything for you, just so that the company isn't liable for that stuff. However, it's a virtual good and if you don't ask too much, it's probably not a problem to ask. This just weeds out the people who shouldn't be asking.

Managed to get 1000 pts in the Hood PvP, got me my 5th black Hulkbuster cover. Still no red, though.

Should have my 10k legendary token tomorrow before the season ends. Will be no problem.

Dalek

They've been doing it since before the 5 stars were added. It just got too noticeable for D3 to continue ignoring it.

Which means all these maxed 4 star teams were more often than not "cheated" accounts which explains how someone could have a 4 star maxed on the day of release.

shaowebb

Wow...anyone else checked out Magic the Gathering Puzzle Quest since it launched?
This thing is really solid.

Main differences:
  • Mana color doesn't matter like in Marvel. You can use any color gem to fuel the summoning of your next card. The difference is that what ever color your planeswalker is yields bonuses to their color gem when popped. Those bonuses grow larger with level. I can pop 4 black and get 4 black but as a leveled Nissa if I pop 4 green I'll get several times more mana.
  • Cards auto summon instead of working like Cover abilities in Marvel. You draw a card every turn and can change the order they will summon in as you earn Mana. Once one is full it will auto fire. However you can choose on many cards to select "not now" and still have them fully fueled and ready to fire later without spending away the mana you pumped into them. Once they are fueled they stay fueled and you can use up their mana.
  • Creatures auto attack your planeswalker each turn. You don't select targets. You have to summon defenders to block attacks or cards with berzerk that attack enemies instead of planeswalkers. This is sorta like some cards in Hearthstone.
  • You can just straight up buy new planeswalkers for next to nothing with the equivalent of ISO. 10 is all it cost me.
  • As you level a planeswalker they gain new abilities. These are the equivalent of Marvel's cover abilities. These level up as you pour more experience points onto a planeswalker. No more gathering covers! Just level! To fire these abilities though you have to pop certain tiles on the board to fuel them and only one planeswalker ability can be used a turn. This is your tradeoff for getting everything. Its worth it.
  • Buying packs is cheap and yields you 5 cards at a time. 4 colored and one mystery card which is generally a support, or spell card.
  • Also if you summon more than one of a single monster you DO NOT get two of them...you add their stats together. This means you can make a beefy attacker/blocker/berzerker quickly.

This thing is by God deep. Super huge amounts of strategy and the story mode is very good in size too.

I do like the MTG PQ game but it does seem a bit barebones right now as far as the UI and features go. The story is basically a long list of battles and the pvp is functional but has no real purpose right now. I'm guessing that this isn't how it's going to stay though, it has a lot of potential.

NineH

Started shield sim way too late so I dont think I have it in me to grind for the X23 although it would be nice.

I'll console myself with being lucky in the Iron Fist PvP since I was able to get from 500 points to 1000 without getting hit though.

Yeah I was lucky enough to make a push to 2000 and get my first X-23 cover. And in a couple days I'll have another 15 CP from the daily reward, which will let me buy a new legendary token.

zulux21

i got 3 heroic tokens for end of season... I can't complain about the results lol
gLNNdvw.png

I got 5 heroics

1 She-Hulk blue(now I have 5 which is completely unnecessary, 5-1-2 is awful)
1 Spider-Man who cares
1 Iron Man red(now 2-1-2)

Overall I've made some progress this season but I don't think any of my 3*s are fight ready just yet, the closest ones to being ready are:

Colossus(2-5-2, usable, but I want more black)
The Hood(3-4-2, Yellow doesn't do much damage yet and would preferably want a fifth blue but the only reason I'm not leveling him is that he's not useful without a good team around him)
Deadpool(3-4-1, His red isn't good when not maxed)
She-Hulk(5-1-2, Needs more red, I think her green is usable even at just one cover)
Storm(2-5-1, Needs more green and black)
GSBW(4-2-1, Need that fifth green and some more purple)

Others are going to need more time, sad thing is that I don't even have even one cover for characters like Cap, IF and Doom yet so it's going to take me a really long time before I can get those going.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
3 Heroic tokens for my season, another Thing cover keeps me happy.

How soon before we see the changes surrounding roster management? I am sitting on a ton of tokens and am wondering if I should hold off on opening them yet.

TimeKillr

Wow...anyone else checked out Magic the Gathering Puzzle Quest since it launched?
This thing is really solid.

Main differences:
  • Mana color doesn't matter like in Marvel. You can use any color gem to fuel the summoning of your next card. The difference is that what ever color your planeswalker is yields bonuses to their color gem when popped. Those bonuses grow larger with level. I can pop 4 black and get 4 black but as a leveled Nissa if I pop 4 green I'll get several times more mana.
  • Cards auto summon instead of working like Cover abilities in Marvel. You draw a card every turn and can change the order they will summon in as you earn Mana. Once one is full it will auto fire. However you can choose on many cards to select "not now" and still have them fully fueled and ready to fire later without spending away the mana you pumped into them. Once they are fueled they stay fueled and you can use up their mana.
  • Creatures auto attack your planeswalker each turn. You don't select targets. You have to summon defenders to block attacks or cards with berzerk that attack enemies instead of planeswalkers. This is sorta like some cards in Hearthstone.
  • You can just straight up buy new planeswalkers for next to nothing with the equivalent of ISO. 10 is all it cost me.
  • As you level a planeswalker they gain new abilities. These are the equivalent of Marvel's cover abilities. These level up as you pour more experience points onto a planeswalker. No more gathering covers! Just level! To fire these abilities though you have to pop certain tiles on the board to fuel them and only one planeswalker ability can be used a turn. This is your tradeoff for getting everything. Its worth it.
  • Buying packs is cheap and yields you 5 cards at a time. 4 colored and one mystery card which is generally a support, or spell card.
  • Also if you summon more than one of a single monster you DO NOT get two of them...you add their stats together. This means you can make a beefy attacker/blocker/berzerker quickly.

This thing is by God deep. Super huge amounts of strategy and the story mode is very good in size too.

I'm happy you like it! The response to it so far has been pretty positive.

I'm bummed there isn't an OT for it yet, but who knows. I certainly won't make one, being on the dev team and all :)

OBW is great is great for the 4 wave fight(stealing ap and healing) and Galactus(stalling). Mags + OBW are great together vs Galactus.

Single target stuns are great vs the Hulk fights(Cap is good if you have him, I used Storm).

Just some budget 2* solutions.

Dalek

OBW is great is great for the 4 wave fight(stealing ap and healing) and Galactus(stalling). Mags + OBW are great together vs Galactus.

Single target stuns are great vs the Hulk fights(Cap is good if you have him, I used Storm).

Just some budget 2* solutions.

Maybe OBW+Magneto+Hawkeye?

Maybe OBW+Magneto+Hawkeye?

For the Hulks? It works but I prefer Storm over Hawkeye since her stun is just better and more reliable overall, Hawkeye's main skill is his speedshot which isn't as important as stuns in the Hulk fight. OBW's purple is also super important, you can't let any of them get a skill off so you have to actively deny Hulk's green and red, She-Hulk's green and red, Red Hulk's Green and Purple whenever they're not stunned. Also this is obvious but you never want to damage Hulk and Red Hulk when they're not stunned. Because OBW's purple is so important I got Thor over Mags because I couldn't use his purple much anyway, Thor's yellow generates green for Storm which provides everything else, this is a tactic that only works in long battles(DPD, Hulks, and the like).

Dalek

For the Hulks? It works but I prefer Storm over Hawkeye since her stun is just better and more reliable overall, Hawkeye's main skill is his speedshot which isn't as important as stuns in the Hulk fight. OBW's purple is also super important, you can't let any of them get a skill off so you have to actively deny Hulk's green and red, She-Hulk's green and red, Red Hulk's Green and Purple whenever they're not stunned. Also this is obvious but you never want to damage Hulk and Red Hulk when they're not stunned. Because OBW's purple is so important I got Thor over Mags because I couldn't use his purple much anyway, Thor's yellow generates green for Storm which provides everything else, this is a tactic that only works in long battles(DPD, Hulks, and the like).

Shit-you're right I wasn't thinking. I didn't mean to say OBW, I meant to say Storm+Magneto+Hawkeye. That's my go-to team for the 2nd and 3rd nodes on DDQ every day.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm using Blade (112), SG (104) and Ms. Marvel (94)

If you have a Cap 2-star with decent blue, you can stunlock all of them once you get enough for two shields out in a row. OBW can also help.

I can't think of who SG is at all, and I have no idea why I can't figure it out.

I'm using Blade (112), SG (104) and Ms. Marvel (94)
If you have any tokens, open them all. You REALLY need a hero in your roster who can stun. 2 star Storm is the easiest to get. Later you will need 3 star Cap and Daredevil.
Drop Quicksilver if you need a slot.

PS: Chulk sucks anyway, so no big loss if you can't get him.

mreddie

If you have any tokens, open them all. You REALLY need a hero in your roster who can stun. 2 star Storm is the easiest to get. Later you will need 3 star Cap and Daredevil.
Drop Quicksilver if you need a slot.

PS: Chulk sucks anyway, so no big loss if you can't get him.

I'll just wait for Miles or Anti-Venom, whoever comes first.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Man I couldn't get that CP yesterday in the Carnage and 2 Muscle node. That is one fucking tough matchup, god DAMN.

Cth

Giving the game another try now that I have some free space on my phone..

So glad I was able to recover my old characters.

Does anyone have any links/guides they'd recommend for strategies/checklists/etc?

Red Hulk vs Hulk. My 0/2/2 Red Hulk did a good number on Hulk in the first attempt, and then the second try I got some lucky critical matches, and managed to seal the deal with 751 health left. Holy crap.

Legendary token nets me a blue Iceman cover, bringing me to 1/1/0 for him. Not the worst possible result.

This weeks 4* dpd features a level 222 1/3/1 Hulk so it's not the hardest fight in the world if you have a couple of covers.

Also I think I'm in a more fair bracket for this season but it's too soon to say for sure.

zulux21

This weeks 4* dpd features a level 222 1/3/1 Hulk so it's not the hardest fight in the world if you have a couple of covers.

Also I think I'm in a more fair bracket for this season but it's too soon to say for sure.

seems doable... so I used my CP to get a cover...
got a 5 star..
have no slots for him...
guess I will say screw collecting 300 taco tokens and just go for my 165 and hope I get some HP or the red hulk cover :p

hmm in 70 tokens got one 4 star and the 4 star hp thing, guess I will continue until i get all of the 4 star stuff or run out of tokens as I will need more hp soon enough :/

lol got the recruit token from tacos..
got one of the two 4 stars I am missing... need more HP for him now :p

Top Bottom