• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

zulux21

Mohawk is more powerful when fully covered, but classic storm is more useful until you transition to 3 stars. Sell modern.

i can't play with mohawk at all. she just reminds me of the better days where the 1 star storm was better than most of the 2 stars due to better colors, better moves, and the oasis :p

i can't play with mohawk at all. she just reminds me of the better days where the 1 star storm was better than most of the 2 stars due to better colors, better moves, and the oasis :p
Try using her with groot or iron fist. I usually only use her when she is buffed or essential anyway.

I've been playing this game a couple of months now, and I have a couple of questions for you guys. I went to the official forums but that is not a happy place, so thank goodness for GAF. I've read about two features that I can't seem to find anywhere. One is the ability to loan characters as a team up to alliance members. But I don't see that feature anywhere. The other is environmental boosts based on where the mission is taking place, but I don't notice any differences based on missions or any description of that in game. Am I missing it or were those removed from the game or something? Or perhaps they're not in the Android version?

I'm still undecided on this game. I don't think I've ever played a game where I oscillated so much between enjoying it and wishing evil things happen to the devs. I've also never had a game that I actively tell people to avoid, yet play almost every day (in varying amounts). The underlying game is a lot of fun but the number of bad dev choices is kind of absurd.

Dalek

I think this season I'm going to focus more on PVE. I'll go for the 300 token in each PVP and the 2000 prize in the simulator-but I am guaranteed a prize in PVE for points so that means more to me. I've been screwed over too many times in the 900-1000 point range in PVP.

Dalek

This 7 day PVE is brutal. I'm in 49th place and I'm terrified if I let up even a bit, I'll drop out of the top 100 and it will all be for nothing.

Triz

This 7 day PVE is brutal. I'm in 49th place and I'm terrified if I let up even a bit, I'll drop out of the top 100 and it will all be for nothing.
I'm sitting in top 50 in my bracket and I'm pretty much only having to go through each node one time. I joined about a day late.

zulux21

I was in Disneyland all last week and only touched the dailys. I think not playing any pve or pvp tweaked my bracket placement.

playing minimally really helps. I joined my bracket yesterday. I played through the nodes in the first area and in the second area I have played through the nodes and only redone the required character nodes once am in like 25th overall in my bracket with around 10k points lol.

zulux21

I dunno, I've been skipping pretty much everything and I'm still getting the 2k+ point pvps when I bother playing

well as far as I know it's based upon overall success effort and what not so the longer you did well the longer it will take to get easier brackets again.

I seem to be hitting about 800 pts in each PvP before I get repeatedly attacked. Ah well, still making good progress so far this season.

And I got a blue Hulkbuster cover from a PvE token, bringing me to 0/5/2 now, max Lv 168 (i'll have him to that level in a couple days). Still need any red for him to be super useful.

zulux21

I seem to be hitting about 800 pts in each PvP before I get repeatedly attacked. Ah well, still making good progress so far this season.

And I got a blue Hulkbuster cover from a PvE token, bringing me to 0/5/2 now, max Lv 168 (i'll have him to that level in a couple days). Still need any red for him to be super useful.

that makes sense, from what I have heard at 800 is when you are opened up to every one to be hit, before that only a select group of people can see you.

Dalek

Holiday 30% bonus sale is live. I just redeemed a gift card so enjoy the free command point, GAFvengers! Hopefully everyone will be getting gift cards for Christmas this year!

Guys, I think I might be finished. Give me a couple days to see if my heart is still in it, then maybe you can remove me from the alliance.

Tis a sad day

zulux21

Guys, I think I might be finished. Give me a couple days to see if my heart is still in it, then maybe you can remove me from the alliance.

Tis a sad day

if you are you are, either way if you are done you should take the step to remove yourself, as part of the way to heal addiction is to take steps to remove it from your life.

also... lol 270 electra... I was hoping my x23 with 4 covers would be able to do something but I am not gonna bother with a math that will kill my character with ease. I definitely need more of the healing factor covers before I can win :p

Yeah, I think the 2 new 4* characters in a week is what did it. I haven't been super into things in the past few weeks, but seeing that broke me.

Christmas Day, I will probably leave alliance and delete the game. Sorry bros. It's been real.

Dalek

That maxed out Miles is awesome. O_O

Perfect companion to 3 star Spidey.

Finally pulled out another Nick Fury cover after what seems like a year. 3/1/4 now-getting close to usability.

Triz

Top 50 for the miles PVE. At least I got one cover. The naughty and nice vault has a ton of good shit in in it. Think I'm gonna spend some gold....at least they gave us one token free for Christmas.

Dalek

Top 50 for the miles PVE. At least I got one cover. The naughty and nice vault has a ton of good shit in in it. Think I'm gonna spend some gold....at least they gave us one token free for Christmas.

I noticed that with that vault-if you spend $100 you can get everything in that vault. So you're guaranteed 6 4-stars, a Legendary token, 10 command points, 2000 HP and a shitload of 3 stars to sell for ISO.

But the 4 stars are random for each player. I have 4 red hulks-but one guy in the official forum has only Mister Fantastic for all his 4 star covers.

Alright I got the Kamala yellow from my vault so now there's not much valuable left for me but hey I'll take all the 3* covers I can get, got 1k BP too which was nice.

My vault has 3x 4* Cyclops.

Dalek

I got a Legendary token!!!

841da34ec3989e96cd57284b024c17baae1b4f56_hq.gif

It's Star-Lord.

tumblr_neqtbrNgay1rnikqmo3_500.gif

Gotta love when your opponent gets the craziest cascades on their first turn and ends up with 10 of each ap while you're sitting there with 3 red, happened twice in a row to me, infuriating.

In other news, I'm like rank 35 in my season and I'm not even trying yet, I could possibly get top 25 or top 10 if I get some decent results. Sadly literally none of my characters are being boosted in the recent pvps, and that's saying something since I have like 25 characters at or around level 94.

Dalek

I don't have SL, but I know that feeling. What 0/0/0/ is he for you now?

4/1/2

It's ok. I look at it as a better chance to earn my Legendary token when his turn in DDQ rolls back around. My strategy now is to prioritize leveling of my 4 stars above my 3 stars to level 166. The 3 stars can wait-but with the 4 star DDQ every bit of HP counts.

Hello MPQ fans
First time here
If I accidentally overrode a device save with a facebook save, is it possible to get the save on the device back? I know you can unlink a device from Facebook but I dont know if it reverts to the device save or just clones the facebook save
I submitted a ticket as well

zulux21

*looks at $56 of steam credit from cards... looks at marvel puzzle quest*
hmmmm 1300 hours...
I suppose I can finally give them $50 for wasting so much of my life on their game as I am tired of roster issues and don't really have anything I care about spending steam credit on anyways.

now I shouldn't have to worry about roster slots so much as I should have at least 12 more now since I don't spend HP on anything but roster slots :/

also it's a little sad that to buy something in game all I had to do is click it and click authorize... no other check in place but w/e'

also it seems they will be introducing a new mechanic with the next update promising to breath new life into old favorites, but... while it was leaked I don't know where to find the info about it as the mods went crazy on the official forums, and no one posted it here :(

Dalek

There's a tumblr if you search for Marvel Puzzle Quest forums. All they said though is that the new mechanic will allow you to pump "unneeded" covers into a character and eventually level them into a "Champion". Whatever that Chanpion status entails I don't know. It says that you'll be able to rearrange their power levels at your leisure but I'm not sure if that's all there is to it.

zulux21

There's a tumblr if you search for Marvel Puzzle Quest forums. All they said though is that the new mechanic will allow you to pump "unneeded" covers into a character and eventually level them into a "Champion". Whatever that Chanpion status entails I don't know. It says that you'll be able to rearrange their power levels at your leisure but I'm not sure if that's all there is to it.

i had heard talks of the ability to make a character able to freely choose what build you want after you get enough covers. wouldn't really make characters all that more usable though as only like 5 characters have legit alternate builds lol.

Top Bottom