• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

Dalek

i had heard talks of the ability to make a character able to freely choose what build you want after you get enough covers. wouldn't really make characters all that more usable though as only like 5 characters have legit alternate builds lol.

Hmmm let's see.

Luke Cage
Kamala
LThor

...?

Good lord. I give up on this Venom Bomb. I won't make the LT or the top 100. 4 star Venom and Carnage are too much in one node to grind forever.

Thank you for the command points, folks. You guys helped earn me another legendary pull. And then my first token for the Naughty or Nice vault was a legendary, too.

With those pulls I got a purple Elektra (now 4/4/3) and blue Iceman (now 1/2/0). Not bad.

zulux21

Thank you for the command points, folks. You guys helped earn me another legendary pull. And then my first token for the Naughty or Nice vault was a legendary, too.

With those pulls I got a purple Elektra (now 4/4/3) and blue Iceman (now 1/2/0). Not bad.

i am 1 point shy, not that I would pull right now anyways lol. I only pull on weeks that I feel I am a cover away from being able to do something and hope.

that and with the new feature coming it might change something where if I get one of the two 4 star covers I can't use it might be better for that feature to be out instead of selling for 1k iso

now to decide if I want to grind into a top 10 of the venom event or be content with a top 20 or 50... I am currently in 11th with 6 hours to go and plan to go to sleep in the next 3 hours.

During the last fight needed to get me that Red Hulk cover for 1000 pts in the Naughty or Nice PvP, I got hit a few times and lost 123 pts. So that didn't happen.

But I did get my season's 10 pack. Decent number of 3 stars (so just iso) and even a purple Fury cover, which I actually have 5 of already, so that became more iso.

zulux21

During the last fight needed to get me that Red Hulk cover for 1000 pts in the Naughty or Nice PvP, I got hit a few times and lost 123 pts. So that didn't happen.

But I did get my season's 10 pack. Decent number of 3 stars (so just iso) and even a purple Fury cover, which I actually have 5 of already, so that became more iso.

you are gonna be mad if in 8 or so days you could have gotten rid of that cover for CP or used it with some HP for a cover you needed :p

here is hoping this is good enough for top 10
qlt5VI6.png

Dalek

Absolutely brutal Venom PVE for me. I am finishing with 56,033 points and I'm in 112 place. It sucks to put that much time in and get nothing.

#1 in my bracket has 95,623 points.

Absolutely brutal Venom PVE for me. I am finishing with 56,033 points and I'm in 112 points. It sucks to put that much time in and get nothing.

#1 in my bracket has 95,623 points.
That is why I only play the whole event if I am trying to get the legendary token. If you want placement, you are better off joining a later bracket after it has filled once or twice.

Dalek

That is why I only play the whole event if I am trying to get the legendary token. If you want placement, you are better off joining a later bracket after it has filled once or twice.

I was actually aiming for the Legendary Token but one night I fell asleep too early and didn't put my grinding in so I blew it. Sucks.

That said I just got 15 CP in the daily draw and I was able to get a legendary token-pulled a black Wolvie X-Force, bringing mine up to 3/5/2.

In 4 days I'll pull a 4hor blue cover from daily which will put her at 5/3/4. Not bad!

zulux21

yup, my current sweet spot seems to be about 27 hours before an event is going to finish.

it gives me 3 hours to grind the second to last area usually allowing me to get in the top 100 with that, and gives me an edge over anyone that joins after the 24 hour mark as they only have the final area to get points from which I can hit for full points after the hour ticks to 24 left and can grind to death at the last few hours.

so far despite going to bed 3 hours before the end of the event I have gotten 6th and 8th in the last two events, granted I am still in easier brackets than a lot of people.

thankfully my first 5 star didn't screw up my PVE stuff, a second one might though :/

zulux21

But you could use that one cover to try to not lose super bad to Galactus today! /s

yeah i saw that and just laughed and walked away.

i hope we repeat soon it's stupid having characters that haven't had a second cycle of covers for it come around having events that require near max level characters to do.

they really should be scaled. these newer characters should be doable with just a few covers, but alas I feel like all they want to do is take a max level character and put it in a match that will be a small challenge and call it good so they can just continue to repeat it without doing work.

yeah i saw that and just laughed and walked away.

i hope we repeat soon it's stupid having characters that haven't had a second cycle of covers for it come around having events that require near max level characters to do.

they really should be scaled. these newer characters should be doable with just a few covers, but alas I feel like all they want to do is take a max level character and put it in a match that will be a small challenge and call it good so they can just continue to repeat it without doing work.
Yeah, it should be X-Force Wolvie again soon. I think that recent calendar of events was showing that being today. Womp womp.

zulux21

Yeah, it should be X-Force Wolvie again soon. I think that recent calendar of events was showing that being today. Womp womp.

it keeps getting bumped back.
wolverine might be next... or it might be one of the many new 4 stars such as miles next.

I wouldn't mind miles, I have a feeling his will be easy since I made sure to get his invisibility tile thing, though his invisibility is far worse than inviso womans.

I'm gonna be pretty pissed if X-Force Wolvie comes around again and I can't beat it, he's my best covered 4*(1/4/0). Seeing the past few challenges though I wouldn't be surprised, D3 is really good at not understanding their player base.

Malmorian

^ Agreed. I've only ever won one of those bloody things, because what the fuck can a 1/1/0 do against anyone. But, you know, thanks for that Ghost Rider match right after he's released..of who I have 0. I'm sure everyone found it to be fun and challenging

Pretty sure D3 has forgotten that the game is supposed to be fun and not just a huge grind. I'm way too deep in to quit now but I'd never recommend this game to anyone knowing how long it takes to actually get a decent roster going.

zulux21

I'm gonna be pretty pissed if X-Force Wolvie comes around again and I can't beat it, he's my best covered 4*(1/4/0). Seeing the past few challenges though I wouldn't be surprised, D3 is really good at not understanding their player base.

i think you are going to be pissed.

took me multiple times to beat it.

I can't remember for sure but I think it was a level 270 3 star cyclops.

if i am recalling correctly it was basically if cyclops got any of his powers off you died.

Yeah but part of me is hoping that they'll be more fair this time, that part of me is probably an idiot. I just realized though that I still haven't leveled any of my characters above 94 so it should still be extremely hard even if I had max covers.

zulux21

Yeah but part of me is hoping that they'll be more fair this time, that part of me is probably an idiot. I just realized though that I still haven't leveled any of my characters above 94 so it should still be extremely hard even if I had max covers.

yeah... expecting fairness from them after seeing a level 270 galactus that you are supposed to take down with a single red hulk >.>

I am sure it will be a very easy fight this time and they won't just recycle the last battle without any changes... or making it harder >.>

Dalek

Pretty sure D3 has forgotten that the game is supposed to be fun and not just a huge grind. I'm way too deep in to quit now but I'd never recommend this game to anyone knowing how long it takes to actually get a decent roster going.

They really are something else. They completely cater specifically to their "whales" to the point where it is absurd. The season simulator prize was originally a Yellow X-Force cover. I was excited because I need that to level up my Wolvie. On the official forum, all the "elites" were angry because they all had fully covered X-Force. So D3 changed the prize mid-season to a Ghost Rider cover. So now not only do I still not have a close to maxed X-Force but now I have yet another single cover 4 star.

Such assholes.

They really are something else. They completely cater specifically to their "whales" to the point where it is absurd. The season simulator prize was originally a Yellow X-Force cover. I was excited because I need that to level up my Wolvie. On the official forum, all the "elites" were angry because they all had fully covered X-Force. So D3 changed the prize mid-season to a Ghost Rider cover. So now not only do I still not have a close to maxed X-Force but now I have yet another single cover 4 star.

Such assholes.

That actually makes me sick to my stomach.

zulux21

Anyone got a good team for the Simulator node with Scarlet Witch, Iron Fist and Kingpin? Goodbye, health packs.

im for the most part skipping the simulator, but for that I would either be running loki + patch + iron fist

or
iron fist + luke cage + Falcon.

the first one obviously is to have patch go off with 11 black to get high strike and defense.

the second one is designed to build up black and yellow as the yellow makes the attack and defense tile bigger and kill stuff with punches.

Dalek

im for the most part skipping the simulator, but for that I would either be running loki + patch + iron fist

or
iron fist + luke cage + Falcon.

the first one obviously is to have patch go off with 11 black to get high strike and defense.

the second one is designed to build up black and yellow as the yellow makes the attack and defense tile bigger and kill stuff with punches.

Can't use Iron Fist as he's an opponent. I just gave up. I'll sit this simulator out.

Anyone got a good team for the Simulator node with Scarlet Witch, Iron Fist and Kingpin? Goodbye, health packs.
Nothing special but I went with Luke, OBW and 2*Storm. No real strat except kill Iron Fist asap and deny all purple(including SW's passive), I think I got lucky and was able to do serious damage before they could do anything as I don't remember them getting even one spell off.

Edit: Looks like I entered the pve at a perfect time, I easily got #1 in the bracket with a day to go, maybe I can stay there if I put in the time tomorrow. Probably not, but I only want top 50 anyway for the She-Hulk covers.

Looks like it will be X-Force Wolverine for the next 4-star DDQ fight in a few days.

And hey, I got a legendary token from the taco vault, netting me a purple for Kingpin (now 5/3/1). And some token from yesterday gave me a 2nd red Ghost Rider.

zulux21

Looks like it will be X-Force Wolverine for the next 4-star DDQ fight in a few days.

And hey, I got a legendary token from the taco vault, netting me a purple for Kingpin (now 5/3/1). And some token from yesterday gave me a 2nd red Ghost Rider.

yup we are likely finally at repeat mode which will likely feature the same exact battles, which means I think I can get 3 more tokens over the next few months :p

I also have that many points. Ranked around 13.
I could be higher, but had none of the essential characters.

Me neither, I looked around in the other players' rosters and it seems like I have the strongest roster, most of them didn't even have their 2*s fully covered or leveled. Kind of unfair to them I guess but I could really use this break after having no chance in like 20 pvps in a row.

Also I'm guessing most players don't have the essential characters since both Bullseye and Moonstone are trash and Venom is new.

Edit: Got the win, kinda sucks that you don't get much iso/bp/cp for getting first place in a pve but I guess in exchange you get the three 4* covers, I also got a yellow Venom in a token so good day for me already. Lady Thor is 2/1/1 and She-Hulk is 5/2/4.

Dalek

Should I be holding onto 3 star covers? I instantly sell them at this point.

The rumor is that the new feature that is right around the cover will involve you trading in covers to somehow level up your heroes again to make them "champions". The logistics of that and what reward it offers is still a mystery, but we know it's coming and the rumors involve using covers as currency.

I really hate getting 4* pulls and having them have a horrible ability
4* Cyclops has a 3x3 Red-Tile destruction that deals 155 damage
4* Red Hulk steals Green AP

Malmorian

I really hate getting 4* pulls and having them have a horrible ability
4* Cyclops has a 3x3 Red-Tile destruction that deals 155 damage
4* Red Hulk steals Green AP

Yup, 4*'s that arent fully leveled are so useless unless paired with other fully covered 4*'s. It's a setup to fail as i'm sure most folks are still using Luke and IF. I wish I could upgrade, but until i can get enough covers it's all about the 3*'s fully leveled and covered

Dalek

Yeah. My goal is the finishing leveling up all my 3 stars to 166, and at that point evaluate the current games ease of acquiring 4 stars. I'd its just going to be a total grind to get a chance at a random 4 star like it is now, I'm not interested in continuing.

I mean-I have one cover for The Thing and he came out LAST JUNE. Come on, man.

shugdaddy

Neo Member
Did the dpd, wolverine is one of the two or three I Can win with.

Got a carnage, another 4* with just one cover.

Waiting for an event with one of my weaker characters to get a 3800point 10pack

Won with my 1-4-1 Wolverine, took me 6 or so tries and I had to level him to 135 though, still worth. Had to get off 2 blacks and deny Cyclops of literally everything but it's not the worst fight. If he still had that Thor teamup it would've been awful though.

Top Bottom