• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

Until they tone down how much I have to play to get those pve legendary tokens I will continue to join in on the last day to get my easy 3* covers. They should also fix their damn bracket system.

Dalek

Here's a list that someone made of the Champion level rewards based on the screenshots in the video:

2* Wolverine:

141: 500 ISO
142: 1000 ISO
143: Heroic Token
144: 100 HP

3* Captain America:

263: 250 HP
264: 2500 ISO
265: FalCap Blue
266: Legendary Token

4* Hulkbuster:

283: 50 HP
284: 1 CP
285: 2500 ISO
286: 1 CP
287: 50 HP
288: 1 CP
289: 2500 ISO
290: Legendary Token
291: 50 HP
292: 2 CP
293: 2500 ISO
294: 2 CP
295: 100 HP
296: 2 CP
297: 3000 ISO
298: 2 CP
299: 100 HP
300: Legendary Token
301: 3000 ISO
302: 2 CP
303: 100 HP
304: 2 CP
305: 3000 ISO
306: 2 CP
307: 100 HP
308: 2 CP
309: 3000 ISO
310: Legendary Token
311: ?? HP

332: 3 CP
333: 3500 ISO
334: 3 CP
335 100 HP

367: 500 HP
368: 5 CP
369: 15000 ISO
370: Legendary Token

5* Silver Surfer:

547: Legendary Token
548: 20,000 ISO
549: 25 CP
550: 5000 HP

Dalek

I think the first two that I'll Champion are Luke Cage and Ares. Obviously there seems to be more potential with Championing the 2*s first as you get an abundance of them as rewards throughout the day.

Can't wait to immediately see fully championed 5*s.

Also can't wait to champion my Storm/OBW/Thor team, they were starting to become less useful but this should breathe new life into them.

zulux21

I think the first two that I'll Champion are Luke Cage and Ares. Obviously there seems to be more potential with Championing the 2*s first as you get an abundance of them as rewards throughout the day.

daken will be one of my first since I have a number of his covers in my stock right now.

likely thor/widow/storm will get it too since those covers are easy to get.

the rest will likely just get championed as I get covers though I only have a hand full of characters ready for it (IF, daken, patch, black panther, are ready, falcon is close the rest have covers but not iso to level 166)

Dalek

There was an update to the iOS app just now and I was hoping Champions would go live-no such luck. I bet it will happen when the season ends.

Dalek

This is going to logistically put my leveling up on hold-I'm just going to horde covers and try to Champion whoever I can and apply the covers before the pending cover rward expires-then once my 2* and 3*s are all "Championed" then I can resume leveling up my 3*'s. Poor She-Hulk was right in the middle of being leveled.

Spoit

I guess maybe it'll be time to open my stockpiled 10 packs whenever that goes live. I was burned too much by getting dupe 4*s

zulux21

If I've grinded a node down to 1 point - I should receive all the rewards of that node. Plain and simple.

I agree and don't agree. I agree that you should have the rewards, I don't agree that it should be when you get down to 1 point

quite frankly the first 4 times you beat the node you should get the prizes the node has listed.

then when it is out of prizes it should be like 50 iso. not as good as the prizes but still better than 20.

it should be random to get the prizes but you shouldn't ever need to play a node more than 4 times to get the prize you want.

the current way makes me not bother aside from once when I am trying in an event and just aim at the high point nodes, if they changed that I would maybe do them more.

either way I have to tank for a while again lol
the game didn't like my taking two easy top 10 victories for the last two 4 stars and now I am in super hard mode again lol.

This is going to logistically put my leveling up on hold-I'm just going to horde covers and try to Champion whoever I can and apply the covers before the pending cover rward expires-then once my 2* and 3*s are all "Championed" then I can resume leveling up my 3*'s. Poor She-Hulk was right in the middle of being leveled.

my plan is to champion the 2 stars I have complete as I want them more powerful in general. with the $50 of HP I recently bought I bought some more slots and grabbed most of the may be useful 2 stars and gave them spots, but depending on the rewards I may or may not take the time to level them. I will also champ the couple 3 stars I have max level and move a few others up in level first. and then I will decide what to do... I mean there are a number of 3 stars that I don't care about leveling at all, but if the rewards are decent (such as HP and tokens) then it might be worth it. Either way my immediate plan is to just grind for iso in DDQ as no other method is really worth going for it lol. I'll likely still sell a bunch of covers for now, as I while I have the covers to max level all but 3 of the 3 stars... I really don't have the what
33*7500 + 33*120,000 = 4.2 mil or so iso I would need to level and champion all my 3 stars :p

They've stated in the official forums that the feature is not going live today. Which is kind of weird since it's the really the only feature in the patch other than a couple of random bug fixes. The way the community management is going (or not going, depending on your perspective) in the official forums is kind of comical. It's almost like the devs are purposely trolling their community and trying to antagonize them over this feature.

I'm almost 3 months in and was on the verge of winding the game down after using up some HP I got on sale, but assuming this goes live in the next few days I'll keep going and see how it is.

Dalek

Champion Levels Going Live Jan. 07, 2016

Hi everyone,

Here's word from Demiurge on the release of the new Champion Levels feature:

"Starting tomorrow, you can promote your max level Heroes into Champions. There are a few other things we would like to bring to your attention as well.

Champions and Champion Levels

You can level your Max Level Heroes past their max level.

Each Champion Level gives you a Reward.

Champions allow you to reallocate ability levels as many times as you want.

Ability Upgrade Purchases

You are no longer able to purchase Ability Level Upgrades with Hero Points.

Command Points can be used to purchase Ability Level Upgrades for 3 and 4-Stars (20 and 120 respectively).

Character Attribute Updates

Sam Wilson (Captain America) has seen an update to his ability values.

2, 3 and 4-Star Characters have had their ability values slightly updated."

Spoit

Well...shoot. I guess I should buy out iceman then. Since the only other use of HP is slots, and while they're not cheap, I have enough stockpiled that it isn't that big a concern

zulux21

Champion Levels Going Live Jan. 07, 2016

yeah reading up on this.
while I don't really spend HP to buy covers anyways there better be a lot more ways to get CP coming as it's just to expensive for meaningful cover buy for the whales compared to hP which was already expensive.

Spoit

~270 heroic* tokens and the only usable covers were 2 4cykes reds. Burnt the rest of my HP to max cover iceman though. Not enough ISO to actually level him

They're now saying that the change regarding buying covers will be delayed until next Wednesday, so those of you with HP surpluses have a bit more time to think about it or try for additional covers. Champions won't go live until evening Eastern time. I'm going to end up losing a couple of 2* covers, kind of annoying but 2* covers are relatively easy to get.

This change seems kind of weird to me, it seems that their economy will be broken after this unless they really up the number of CP they give away. HP seems kind of useless now other than for roster slots and ISO just isn't a good value. Other than super whales who buy the $100 packs just for the CP there isn't a lot of reason to buy HP anymore except when you need that extra slot. I thought they catered just to the whales, but this change seems to be an FU to the whales too.

Dalek

Guys I need your help. Check out my roster, I have HP for one 3* cover. Is there any cover I should be getting with my HP that would make enough of a difference or should I just spend it on roster spots?

Hmmm. 3 star covers aren't as rare as they used to be. If I were you, I'd use them on roster slots. I only spend HP on 4*s at this point. That said if you really need to-either Luke Cage black or Cyclops red would be my choice.

Dalek

Championing is live.

When you Champion a 3* and use your first cover on it to level up the first reward is a Legendary Token. I just got 5 Legendary Tokens. No 5*s though.

zulux21

Championing is live.

When you Champion a 3* and use your first cover on it to level up the first reward is a Legendary Token. I just got 5 Legendary Tokens. No 5*s though.

yup.
daken seems to feed into female wolverine as I champed him

i'll make more notes soon.

black panther feeds into reed richards lol.

2 stars give you heroic tokens at the first extra level and two star widow leads into 3 star widow :p
in the shock of the night 2 star thor leads to 3 star :p

Dalek

Luke Cage yields Kingpin covers. Doctor Doom yields Invisible Woman covers. (Dammit).
Loki yields Venom covers. Kamala yields 4hor.

Getting 3* covers for championing my 2*s is really nice, the CP is cool too. Got a yellow 4* Falcon out of the heroics and a red Star-Lord out of the legendary token. I really wanna champion 3*s but I'm still a ways off of that. I really like how the Championed characters look different too.

From the reddit:

Ares gives Ragnarok
Captain Marvel gives Captain Marvel 3*
Hawkeye gives IM40
OBW gives GSBW
Storm gives Mohawk
Daken gives Daken
Wolverine gives Patch
Human Torch gives Lazy Human Torch
Thor gives Lazy Thor
Captain America gives Lazy Cap
Bullseye gives Bullseye
Magneto gives Magneto
Moonstone gives Hulk

Triz

nice two legendary tokens gave me ant mans blue which I didn't have yet. and a prof x purple.

not nice from over 100k ISO down to 40k.

zulux21

I just leveled GSBW with a cover and got a legendary, but what do you mean about one character feeding into another?

you might have figured it out, but anyways..
a given 3 star gets 3 4 star covers over it's journey to level 266 that allow you to feed into a 4 star.

(2 stars also get 3 star covers)

Dalek

I need to find out what 3 star gives Iceman covers since that's my Moby Dick. Can't ever seem to get an Iceman cover.

you might have figured it out, but anyways..
a given 3 star gets 3 4 star covers over it's journey to level 266 that allow you to feed into a 4 star.

(2 stars also get 3 star covers)

Yep, thanks. This was a case of "post before trying it".

So I'm sitting on several *** covers for unleveled characters. Given that "Championing" a *** yields a guaranteed ****....is it worth it for me to dump ISO into Rags, Mystique, Hulk, Sentry, Squirrel Girl, Gamora, Daredevil & Spidey just to get covers?

Ugh. That's basically around 80 - 100k per character. So 100k per ****.

Decisions, decisions.....

Dalek

So I'm sitting on several *** covers for unleveled characters. Given that "Championing" a *** yields a guaranteed ****....is it worth it for me to dump ISO into Rags, Mystique, Hulk, Sentry, Squirrel Girl, Gamora, Daredevil & Spidey just to get covers?

I'm sitting on some 3*s covers too. I'm selling the ones that I won't realistically max level in the next 2 weeks for the ISO. I then am looking at the next expiration on the 3 star. I think I'm going to rapidly try to level up the 2*s I have to Champion as I get tons of covers from them throughout the week, and they in turn will yield more ISO that I can use to Champion my remaining maxed 3*s. Got a duplicate Invisible Woman from a Legendary Token. That hurt, let me tell you.

zulux21

im only going to work on the 3 stars I care about right now.

i need to get another 12k in 3 days for the falcon cover I have, which will be close.
after that is another 5k for storm...
then I just need to slowly promote and level up stuff.

I'd say champion your important characters first, those legendaries aren't going anywhere.

I'm sitting on some 3*s covers too. I'm selling the ones that I won't realistically max level in the next 2 weeks for the ISO. I then am looking at the next expiration on the 3 star. I think I'm going to rapidly try to level up the 2*s I have to Champion as I get tons of covers from them throughout the week, and they in turn will yield more ISO that I can use to Champion my remaining maxed 3*s. Got a duplicate Invisible Woman from a Legendary Token. That hurt, let me tell you.

I also got a Green IW token which sucked as it's my only 5-covered ****.

I'm sitting on 800k+ ISO so it isn't that I'm worried on that front.

I'd say champion your important characters first, those legendaries aren't going anywhere.

I just did a seven. Deadpool, Doom, GSBW, Daken, Ares, **Storm & **Thor.

I may throw 80k at Sentry just to get another **** but we'll see.

Malmorian

Ugh, got screwed over with the timing of the Champions release. I thought it was today but in the AM, and so i lost a bunch of 2 and 3* covers. Happy birthday what? Glad to see alot of you made out well with the prizes, looking forward to playing this game again!

zulux21

Ugh, got screwed over with the timing of the Champions release. I thought it was today but in the AM, and so i lost a bunch of 2 and 3* covers. Happy birthday what? Glad to see alot of you made out well with the prizes, looking forward to playing this game again!

it was actually supposed to be a bit earlier but they decided after backlash that removing HP as a source to buy covers with less than 24 hours notice was a bad idea and had to tweark things to make it happen next week.

Same here.
Info from the D3 forums

3* and their 4* prizes
Beast: Jean Grey
Black Panther: Mr Fantastic
Blade: Ghost Rider
Bullseye: Kingpin
Cap: Flaptain
Capt Marvel: Thing
Colossus: XFW
Cyclops: Cyclops
Daken: X-23
Daredevil: Elektra
Deadpool: Deadpool
Doom: Invisible Woman
Doc Ock: ?
Falcon: Flaptain
Gamora: StarLord
GSBW: Fury
Hood: Ghost Rider
Hulk: TA Hulk
Human Torch: Thing
Iron Fist: Hulkbuster
IM40: ?
Kamala: GoT
Loki: Venom
Luke Cage: Kingpin
Magneto: Professor X
Mystique: Iceman
Patch: XFW
Psylocke: Deadpool
Punisher: ?
Quicksilver: ?
Ragnarok: ?
R&G: StarLord
Scarlet Witch: Professor X
Sentry: ?
She-hulk: TA Hulk
Spider-man: Miles Morales
Squirrel Girl: TA Hulk
Steve: Flaptain
Storm: GoT
Thor: Red Hulk
Vision: Cyclops

2* champions and their 3* prizes
Ares: Rags
Bagman: Spider-Man
Bullseye: Bullseye
Cap: Cap
Capt Marvel: Capt Marvel
Daken: Daken
Hawkeye: IM40
Human Torch: Human Torch
Magneto: Magneto
Moonstone: Hulk
OBW: GSBW
Storm: Stormhawk
Thor: Thor
Wolverine: Patch

Great info! So it would cost me....314,000 ISO to bring up Squirrel Girl, She Hulk & Hulk to 166 plus another 22,500 for the championing. That's a lot of ISO for 3 TA Hulks but it might be worth it.

Top Bottom