• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

Great info! So it would cost me....314,000 ISO to bring up Squirrel Girl, She Hulk & Hulk to 166 plus another 22,500 for the championing. That's a lot of ISO for 3 TA Hulks but it might be worth it.
You will still need enough of their covers to reach the proper level. But at least you will get the legendary tokens to start.

Malmorian

...all those Moonstones and Ms. Marvel. Anyone that kept those 2 are making bank right now lol. I'm thinking about settling down on the PvE and PvP. There will be more 4* teams now ( which is a great thing tbh ) but i've got a feeling that there will be a massive power surge in rankings, and this might give me a decent chance to drop a bracket while settling in to the new Champions aspect

Spoit

Man, I had 140k ISO, but I ran out of ISO before I ran out of covers to champion. And that's just counting the ones sitting at 166 already. I have a ton of docock/DD/rags covers just going to waste since I'm not maxing them even if I had the iso.

Oh well, 21 legendary tokens. Watch me get all the covers I just bought yesterday

EDIT: Suprisingly, only 1 cover I bought yesterday. Though now I have 3 4*s to promote, and spent the rest of my HP on slots

zulux21

Man, I had 140k ISO, but I ran out of ISO before I ran out of covers to champion. And that's just counting the ones sitting at 166 already. I have a ton of docock/DD/rags covers just going to waste since I'm not maxing them even if I had the iso.

Oh well, 21 legendary tokens. Watch me get all the covers I just bought yesterday

:p

at least you might have a chance of using some extra 4 star covers as I am sure you could champion some of them if you had the iso :p

Spoit

In the course of opening more tokens for iso to champion the covers I had, and getting more covers in the process, I ended up championing all my max level guys but carnage and IF ><

I ended the day with about seven four star covers and one five star. The whole thing cost me about 130k ISO. It is nice to care about covers again.

zulux21

I ended the day with about seven four star covers and one five star. The whole thing cost me about 130k ISO. It is nice to care about covers again.

I have mixed feelings, I mean I still only care about like 5 3 star and 3 2 stars because nothing else is close to being ready due to iso costs :p

I wish I could at least pay to champ them at any level where I have max covers to freely change their specs and store covers on them until I get them to level 166 to unlock the rewards I have earned

edit:
I am starting to read that pretty much every single character has gotten a damage nerf with the new champion system, and that for boosted characters you might need a max level champion to get back to the damage levels while boosted that you used to have at max level o_O

edit2:
the iso thurst is really real. it's being reported they stealth increased the cost of leveling characters

Not only that, ISO costs to level up champs have changed across the board- all an increase. Some levels only went up by 1 iso (example, cost to level a 3* from 157 to 158 used to be 2450, now it's 2451) while some have increased more noticeably. (example, cost to level 3* from 140 to 141 went from 2093 to 2123.)

edit:
I am starting to read that pretty much every single character has gotten a damage nerf with the new champion system, and that for boosted characters you might need a max level champion to get back to the damage levels while boosted that you used to have at max level o_O

so

they just nerfed my characters...

Sadist

Man, today has been zany regarding gold covers.

Championed my 2 stars Storm, Cap, Ares and Thor. As for three stars, I upgraded my only fullly upgraded three stars: Patch, Hulk and Spider-Man.

Also had 30-ish or so tokens left. Raining gold covers, damn. Hulk was the Taco day thing, so I got the legendary token. So on this day I netted; Invisible Woman, Iceman, Luke Cage, Hulk, Odinson, Squirrel Girl, Loki, Punisher, Ragnarok, Dr. Doom... not bad. Too bad I'm one cover short of a complete punisher and Odinson, they will end up as iso fodder. Damn. Thirst for iso is real now.

NineH

One thing that drives me crazy with the championing is how it screws up the organization of your roster. When all of them were 166, the characters were nicely alphabetized. Now that I have the characters at different levels, the characters are all over the place. I have to go through them slowly since I will miss them since they are now pretty much disorganized.

One thing that drives me crazy with the championing is how it screws up the organization of your roster. When all of them were 166, the characters were nicely alphabetized. Now that I have the characters at different levels, the characters are all over the place. I have to go through them slowly since I will miss them since they are now pretty much disorganized.

Yeah this bothers me way more than it should!

zulux21

Nick Fury defeated Magneto.

A Wild Star-Lord Appears!

a wild silver surfer for me.

and with the money from DDQ I can promote my falcon which netted me an old man logan :/

bleh.... more 5 star covers aren't gonna do me any good at least let me get 4 star covers so I can maybe get more than 3-4 of the DDQ legendary tokens over the next 4-5 months.

NineH

I'm guessing that in the past 2 days or so that D3 is experiencing record breaking amounts of tokens being opened. I know I did my part opening 1300 standard tokens and 300 heroic tokens. I got some good stuff but also managed to get 5 Invisible Woman so that blows.

I'm guessing that in the past 2 days or so that D3 is experiencing record breaking amounts of tokens being opened. I know I did my part opening 1300 standard tokens and 300 heroic tokens. I got some good stuff but also managed to get 5 Invisible Woman so that blows.
HOW

Triz

championed hulk and beat magneto. Both tokens gave me 4 star dead pool. Game must know he's my favorite character. More covers for him please.

Dalek

I took the plunge and sold all my 1 stars save for Juggernaut. Gave me the ISO I needed to Champion Patch and that netted me a 4* Cyclops and freed up 3 Slots! For the Iceman I'll never get.

Malmorian

Fuck YOU Mags. I am having the worst RNG in this fight I swear. Every time i pop traps they all hide in the ^&%$#$^T^&&^ corner!! What the hell! And if it isn't that then it's just cascade after cascade for him. Ugh. Nick is my 2nd best 4*...this doesn't bode well.

Triz

Fuck YOU Mags. I am having the worst RNG in this fight I swear. Every time i pop traps they all hide in the ^&%$#$^T^&&^ corner!! What the hell! And if it isn't that then it's just cascade after cascade for him. Ugh. Nick is my 2nd best 4*...this doesn't bode well.

I did it at lvl 152. Not sure how high yours is. used +2 all colors, +2 blue and 5 +matchdamage

Malmorian

Sorry for the double post, finally beat Mags with just a single streak of good luck. Managed to pull of Demolition twice and he finally triggered it with 6 on the board. Yellow Kingpin for the grey hair i just grew, and totally worth it.

Having a challenge is great, but with everyone at different cover coverage and level it makes it admittedly insane for lots of players. Let's hope this 4* surge will help!

Dalek

Sorry for the double post, finally beat Mags with just a single streak of good luck. Managed to pull of Demolition twice and he finally triggered it with 6 on the board. Yellow Kingpin for the grey hair i just grew, and totally worth it.

Having a challenge is great, but with everyone at different cover coverage and level it makes it admittedly insane for lots of players. Let's hope this 4* surge will help!

The covers will help, but it's the leveling that's key because you need the extra health to wait out some of the battles. Nick is a good example because you sometimes need to wait for the opponed to trigger the traps.

Triz

Jesus for the first time ever Im considering buying ISO, but its such a terrible deal. All this championing drained my stash, and I just pulled a punisher cover that I can use to get another legendary token .

Ill just wait till tomorrow daily to get the ISO.

Dalek

Jesus for the first time ever Im considering buying ISO, but its such a terrible deal. All this championing drained my stash, and I just pulled a punisher cover that I can use to get another legendary token .

Ill just wait till tomorrow daily to get the ISO.

I have the same predicament. Lots of tokens that I can get LEgendaries from if only I have ISO.

zulux21

I'm 166 and it took me 3 tries-last time with all boosts.

mine
bcf34yN.jpg

did it on the second try
+2 all
+2blue/purple
+100% match damage.

Beat Mags on my first try, Escape Plan + Demolition. With the token, got a useless purple Fury cover. He's not anywhere near maxed either, so no Championing yet either. Womps.

Sadist

Second gold token from the event netted me another four star character, X-23.

... ... I guess I won't get anything worthwhile for a month now, lol.

mreddie

Last two weeks, a lot things came and I got a chance to move, because of this, I'm gonna be really busy and I'm gonna likely be off phone gaming for weeks. Because of this, I asked to be cut from the alliance. I don't wanna keep you guys from getting rewards.

Top Bottom