• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

zulux21

I'll be creating a new alliance in a day or two for my friend to join so I can help him get stronger (though I will also make an alt account to do this but last time I made an alt I got decent stuff pretty quickly)

I could use some facebook friends though... never done the facebook connect.

my facebook account is named Roger Rulk.

NomarTyme

hmmm wha...?
I haven't played that much

see :p

to be fair I cut back quite a bit and usually just do DDQ and what not, I've always enjoyed games like puzzle quest so it's something I do while watching stuff or waking up in the morning. very few hours are dedicated to just it :p

I'll find out in 3 hours how mine are as that is when my galactus main node next resets and I might as well get the extra hit in on him.
Sorry for the late post! I wanted to get back in 2 weeks ago but then I realize if going to play I have to dedicate 2-3 hrs a day. Anyways Glad you're playing this game normally now.

zulux21

I just realized instead of grinding out an alt account I could just log into my wife's old account that she played for about a year lol.

alliance Galavant N00bs now in business
and I can have her account send my alt account team ups to power through stuff lol.

zulux21

Why 3* Mags? Isn't that a waste of all the green ap you're generating?

the third character could always have green?

I mean my plan with ironman is likely to bring him along with 3 star cap and KK until I get 4 stars higher as I like the healing plus using all the mana on solid moves.

though I suppose 3 star mags could work too but I would mostly be using that team for PVE against goons as cap is great at getting on a roll killing their tiles.

the third character could always have green?

I mean my plan with ironman is likely to bring him along with 3 star cap and KK until I get 4 stars higher as I like the healing plus using all the mana on solid moves.

though I suppose 3 star mags could work too but I would mostly be using that team for PVE against goons as cap is great at getting on a roll killing their tiles.

Well sure, I just have a real aversion to 2 characters having literally the same colors, forcing the third to have the other 3(I like my rainbows). Are Iron Man's Red and Blue still not worth using btw?

zulux21

Well sure, I just have a real aversion to 2 characters having literally the same colors, forcing the third to have the other 3(I like my rainbows). Are Iron Man's Red and Blue still not worth using btw?

you can use them but there are still quite a bit better moves out there.

iron man went from garbage tier to usable tier, not to top tier.

in other news my legendary token today was a yellow inviso woman. I am at 5/5/1 on her now >.:<

Why 3* Mags? Isn't that a waste of all the green ap you're generating?

You can always use a green/black character as your third. Mags specifically because if you get 12 yellow you can end up with almost 3 magnetized projectiles. Just an experiment to see how easy it was to launch a bunch of low (ish) app blue attacks

zulux21

Ugh. I know that people dislike the cmags vs 4cyke one, but PX by himself is by far the worst 4* DDQ

I don't mind it.
grab 7 purple go inviso after making sure there aren't any easy purple matches.
let her get 7 purple so she will place 3 strike tiles.
match match match match match match murder as your purple now powers up the strike tiles with each match lol.

they were really nice with the match up I think.

Yeah I dunno how that would be even possible without at least 1 purple

there is no chance in hell you could beat her without at least 1 purple unless the board absolutely refused to drop red and black and you repeatedly made 5 matches and had a number of covers in that skill.

zulux21

3 Legendary tokens today:
Totally awesome Hulk (meh)
Iceman (yes!)
Phoenix (HELL YES)

This makes my Phoenix 1/0/1

i might still do a second one... I have KK at level 166 now and a cover for her that expires in 17 hours lol. I will either champ and get a token tonight or tomorrow after DDQ as I only need 3k more iso.

ant man blue was my other one.

edit: good god screw them so hard for the changes to DDQ... that 4 round thing was a huge pain in the ass.

Malmorian

Dammit, i've been 2 CP short for almost the last two weeks. Just having no luck and the anticipation of what the pull could be us driving me nuts lol

Dalek

Got enough for a 20CP Legendary today as well and pulled a black Deadpool cover. Makes him 0/4/5 for me. Just can't get a red cover for him-weird.

Dalek

The Big Enchilada in today's DDQ is insane-they can't expect many people to pass this? Ultrons in the first round and symbiotes in the second? C'mon.

Fist, Cyclops and Lazy Cap for me always works. Fist gets knocked around a bit more lately, but it works.

I championed Hulk tonight, got a Chulk cover for my troubles. Got a Red Hulk cover, too, who is suddenly becoming decently usable. He's 4/2/2 now.

Yellow Kingpin cover coming up this weekend on the daily resupply. Just swimming in 4-stars.

zulux21

I love how we all have different crews. Fist, cage and Falcon for me.

that is my crew.

also
Hi everyone,

We've heard your feedback on the revised Deadpool's Dailies and Demiurge are going take another look at how things are currently playing out and tweak where necessary. We don't have a time-table yet for when a fresh balance pass will be completed, but the team hope to refine Deadpool's Daily Quests in the coming weeks.

Thanks very much for the feedback!n

The Big Enchilada in today's DDQ is insane-they can't expect many people to pass this? Ultrons in the first round and symbiotes in the second? C'mon.

Yeah, it's crazy hard today. Ultron Prime in the first round, followed by symbiotes, wtf! Yesterday it was two Ultron waves too... so annoying.

My 3* roster stinks so I guess no cover for me today. :p

You should be able to do it with Thormneto. It will just be slow.

I don't have any version of Storm rostered, unfortunately. My regular trio of OBW, 2Thor and MN Magneto wiped twice. I tried swapping OBW for Bullseye to see if the protect tiles would help, but that didn't work out so well. My 2* levels are all between 100-105, apparently that's too low today. This'll be the first time I've been unable to finish TBE since my trio hit around level 80. :(

I suppose I can use a ton of boosts and see how that goes but I'm not sure I care enough for that Falcon cover at this point.

Yeah, it's crazy hard today. Ultron Prime in the first round, followed by symbiotes, wtf! Yesterday it was two Ultron waves too... so annoying.

My 3* roster stinks so I guess no cover for me today. :p

I always use Patch-LCap-Hood for these modes and it's a breeze. Patch throws out strength tiles and tanks, Cap knocks out the enemy's strength tiles or countdown tiles with his shield attacks, and hood intimidates to bring them back quickly. He also siphons ap and guns fools down occasionally.

That setup pretty much breaks the wave based levels.

zulux21

so the random hulk node kind of inspired me to see if you could make a decent team out of quicksilver and inviso woman.

can't decide if I want to run 2 star mags or rags with them.

I always use Patch-LCap-Hood for these modes and it's a breeze. Patch throws out strength tiles and tanks, Cap knocks out the enemy's strength tiles or countdown tiles with his shield attacks, and hood intimidates to bring them back quickly. He also siphons ap and guns fools down occasionally.

That setup pretty much breaks the wave based levels.

Yeah, those are all 3* characters. Unfortunately my 3* roster stinks. I ended up skipping it, my Falcon only has like 3 covers so another one won't make that much of a difference.

zulux21

coming soon to legendary packs near you

xrys1mQ.png

he is a character that has been missing from the game in a playable form.

a character that with this spider friends run didn't make sense not to start with.

a person who got his debut on the console version as a different character (and is still exclusive to the console version)

may we welcome Norman Osborn to the ranks of playable characters and welcome his darker side Green Goblin into the game.*

*note, there is only a 99.9% chance that this is green goblin. there is still tiny chance it could be someone else.

Spoit

Oh great, they're going to add that 5* to the already dumb DA heroics aren't they. That CD reduction move will be especially fun if he's put with like muscles or overscaled pyros or something

Oh wait it's yellow. Lieutenants

zulux21

Oh great, they're going to add that 5* to the already dumb DA heroics aren't they. That CD reduction move will be especially fun if he's put with like muscles or overscaled pyros or something

Oh wait it's yellow. Lieutenants

why not Muscle and Lieutenants?

edit: hmmm I think for the heck of it I am gonna champion out the entire 2 star roster aside from moonstone and bagman (wish moonstone didn't give hulk covers otherwise I would do her) it will be a bit of a waste of iso, but I figure after I get max level 2 stars I can sell them and start over to get the 250hp, 5 heroic tokens, 3 3star covers, and 5cp

plus I will get some HP from selling the champ character and like half my iso back *shrugs*

mostly grinding for HP to have a complete roster again seems like something to do while I slowly get CP.

Top Bottom