• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

My season 10 pack literally had only 2* covers. What the hell.
I got 9 2* covers 2 seasons in a row, it made me take a break for a season.

I've said this before but with all new releases being 4* or above it's time they changed the shitty odds of heroic tokens, I'm 99% sure they won't though.

zulux21

Jeeze, this person has a 10-cover championed OML D:

there is already someone with a max championed OML.

apperently he got there while buying like 10 40 packs to get his spider gwen max champed as well.

edit:
"After looking into how people were doing with the new Deadpool's Daily Quest missions we saw a few areas that were more difficult than what we were aiming for. Starting with the next Deadpool's Daily Quest (Tuesday, Feb. 23) we have made the following changes:
- Ultron Sentries and Symbiote minions will appear less.
- Enemies in missions that have at least 1 Ultron Sentry or Symbiote minion are easier (each enemy has up to 10 less levels).
- Ultron can never turn up in the first 3 waves of The Big Enchilada mission."

Thank you.

Fjord

Arg tried to move it to a new device using facebook backup and wiped my game. Will try to recover. GAF-vengers was I Fjord or KiwiFjord?

DDQ today... Holy crap, I thought the other day was bad but today I can't even make it past the first wave. Any tips on how to deal with the symbiotes with a 2* roster that lacks Storm?

It's like one last FU from the devs before they change it tomorrow....

Thanks for the tip. I tried him twice in place of OBW, and wiped in the first round on the first try. Second try I got a really good board and a couple massive cascades to get me past the symbiotes. The rest of rounds weren't too bad, I want too thrilled to see symbiotes again in round there but had enough AP saved to deal with them quickly.

Beat Luke Cage with Kingpin on my first try, though I had 32 health left, haha. Got me a Carnage cover, who I think is now 2-3-2. Starting to get usable.

Dalek

My 1/3/2 Kingpin is at 131 and I beat Luke. I boosted and did my best to deny Yellow and Black-and then used Purple power when Luke's yellow started to accumulate past 5.

Got another Miles Morales from my token making him 1/2/2.

Dalek

Looking for advice. I'm currently just working on leveling up my remaining 3* characters to 166 and then Champion them.

Would it behoove me to pause that and work on fully maxxing out one or two of my 4*s in the meantime?

3*s I have yet to Champion:
Beast
Squirrel Girl
Sam Wilson
Human Torch
Captain Marvel
Bullseye
Colossus
Doctor Octopus
Mystique
Psylocke
Ragnarok
Sentry
Punisher
Vision

4*s I have fully covered:
Woverine
Hulkbuster
Invisible Woman
Thor

I'm just thinking having the 4*s leveled up would help me in defending in PVP where seemingly everyone else is using fully maxxed 4*s.

zulux21

maybe :p

but the extra details are nice.

he sounds like he could be fun to play when I finally get him to a playable level in 2019 or so :p

Sigh. It'll take forever.

if you sell your car you can get half the money needed to buy the iso to level him >.>

R95 Patch Notes Preview

Good vibrations...

What’s Hot…
- Versus action with Rocket & Groot!
- PVE with Oscorp!

What’s Changed…
- Ability updates for Vision.
- Added a fast forward button for opening 10 and 40 packs.
- When switching devices, players can now connect to Facebook and restore their save on the new device before starting the tutorial missions.
- Changed enemy behavior for Vision. He no longer casts Heavy or Light if his Heavy or Light countdown tile is already on the board.
- Players are no longer able to use covers to “Train” abilities for fully-Championed heroes.
- Minion characters no longer generate AP when airborne.
- Heroes that are airborne no longer lose airborne status at the start of a turn if all available targets are airborne on that side.
- Nova is no longer able to send an airborne target...airborne.
- Nova’s Rocket Man power can no longer be fired against Galactus or Ultron without any effect happening.
- Fixed a few bugs causing players to see a blank Story Screen.

Dalek

Pulled another Iceman cover-this is crazy. That's like 7 in 2 months. Still haven't pulled a purple cover though, I have him at 4/3/0 now.

zulux21

Density: Heavy - :blue: 5
Vision alters his density, making himself heavy and strong. Creates a Density: Heavy 4-turn Countdown Tile. While this tile is on the board, Vision deals 128 more damage and his Red power becomes Heavy Strike. Removes any existing Density: Light tile.
Level 2: Vision deals 154 more damage.
Level 3: Vision deals 179 more damage.
Level 4: Vision deals 230 more damage.
Level 5: Vision deals 333 more damage.

MAX: Vision alters his density, making himself heavy and strong. Creates a Density: Heavy 4-turn Countdown Tile. While this tile is on the board, Vision deals 1040 more damage and his Red power becomes Heavy Strike. Removes any existing Density: Light tile.

(Old Values:
Density: Heavy - 5 AP
Vision increases his density, making himself incredibly heavy. Creates a Density: Heavy Blue 4-turn Countdown Tile. While this tile is on the board, Vision deals 88 more damage and his Red power becomes Heavy Strike. Destroys any existing Density tile.
Level 2: Vision deals 106 more damage.
Level 3: Vision deals 123 more damage.
Level 4: Vision deals 158 more damage.
Level 5: Vision deals 229 more damage.)

Attack Protocol - :red: 10
Changes based on Vision’s density.
Solar Beam - Deals 187 damage and destroys a random + of tiles.
Light Disruption - Converts up to 2 enemy Strike or Protect tiles to basic tiles. Deals 220 damage per tile.
Heavy Strike - Deals 279 damage to the enemy team.
Level 2: Solar Beam deals 271 damage. Light Disruption deals 292 damage per tile converted. Heavy Strike hits the enemy team for 335 damage.
Level 3: Solar Beam deals 357 damage. Light Disruption deals 364 damage per tile converted. Heavy Strike hits the enemy team for 391 damage.
Level 4: Solar Beam deals 527 damage. Light Disruption deals 507 damage per tile converted. Heavy Strike hits the enemy team for 502 damage.
Level 5: Solar Beam deals 868 damage. Light Disruption deals 795 damage per tile converted. Heavy Strike hits the enemy team for 725 damage.

MAX: Changes based on Vision’s density.
Solar Beam - Deals 2710 damage and destroys a random + of tiles.
Light Disruption - Converts up to 2 enemy Strike or Protect tiles to basic tiles. Deals 2481 damage per tile.
Heavy Strike - Deals 2259 damage to the enemy team.

(Old Values:
Attack Protocol - 10 AP
Changes based on Vision's density.
Solar Beam - Deals 184 damage and destroys a random + of tiles.
Light Disruption - Converts up to 2 enemy Strike or Protect tiles to basic tiles. Deals 137 damage per tile.
Heavy Strike - Deals 274 damage to the enemy team.
Level 2: Solar beam deals 267 damage. Light disruption deals 192 damage per tile converted. Heavy strike hits the enemy team for 329 damage.
Level 3: Solar beam deals 351 damage. Light disruption deals 247 damage per tile converted. Heavy strike hits the enemy team for 384 damage.
Level 4: Solar beam deals 519 damage. Light disruption deals 356 damage per tile converted. Heavy strike hits the enemy team for 493 damage.
Level 5: Solar beam deals 854 damage. Light disruption deals 575 damage per tile converted. Heavy strike hits the enemy team for 712 damage.)

Density: Light - :yellow: 5
Vision reduces his density, becoming intangible. Creates a Yellow Density: Light 4-turn Countdown tile. While this tile is on the board, Vision takes 128 less damage and his Red power becomes Light Disruption. Removes any existing Density: Heavy tile.
Level 2: Reduces damage to Vision by 154.
Level 3: Reduces damage to Vision by 179.
Level 4: Reduces damage to Vision by 230.
Level 5: Reduces damage to Vision by 333.

MAX: Vision reduces his density, becoming intangible. Creates a Yellow Density: Light 4-turn Countdown tile. While this tile is on the board, Vision takes 1040 less damage and his Red power becomes Light Disruption. Removes any existing Density: Heavy tile.

(Old Values:
Density: Light - 5 AP
Vision reduces his density, becoming intangible. Creates a Density: Light Yellow 4-turn Countdown Tile. While this tile is on the board, Vision reduces damage to himself by 88 and his Red power becomes Light Disruption. Destroys any existing Density tile.
Level 2: Reduces damage to Vision by 106.
Level 3: Reduces damage to Vision by 123.
Level 4: Reduces damage to Vision by 158.
Level 5: Reduces damage to Vision by 229.)

*Note: At this time there is no plan to offer an increased sell-back rate for Vision after the updates are live.

I will say I get why no increased sell back as this is purely a buff... that being said it really doesn't feel like much of a buff.

He still seems pretty terrible, his red feels underwhelming no matter which version you use and either his Blue or Yellow are always going to be useless depending on how you build him(and his AI will still be terrible even after the update).

I sold off a lot of 3* (including Sentry) and 2* characters just to get more ISO to champion the good 3* characters. I may have gone overboard though since now there are a few days where I can't complete the DDQ since I'm missing a required 3*. I'm planning on championing Daken and then building up Blade bit by bit next. I have a few fully covered 3* characters like Squirrel Girl and She Hulk that aren't worth the ISO to max out and champion though.

At the very least, I'm getting a lot, lot more 4* covers thanks to championing and Command points. If I can get a blue cover for Invisible Woman, I can have my first fully covered 4*...too bad it's one of the lower tier 4*. My Carnage has been getting a lot of covers though.

At the very least, I'm getting a lot, lot more 4* covers thanks to championing and Command points. If I can get a blue cover for Invisible Woman, I can have my first fully covered 4*...too bad it's one of the lower tier 4*. My Carnage has been getting a lot of covers though.

This is my biggest struggle right now. I've got 20 championed 3* characters and the other 20 3*s are around level 100. Each of those will take about 100k ISO to champion, netting a 4* each time. It seems like a waste to dump the ISO into them knowing I'll never use them....but that having been said I've probably discarded 6 She Hulk covers since the whole Champion mechanic was introduced so it feels like I've wasted those covers.

Bah.

It looks like there is a red Hulkbuster as a daily reward next week which will bring me to 11 covers. I think that'll be my closest 4* to completing.

pulled a 4* Cyclops from the Deadpool daily token. Ill take it, haven't seen one in awhile.

I got the legendary token from my deadpool today.

got a blue iceman.

Whatever. I got health packs and 1,500 ISO. Suck it.

Triz

Yeah championing is a tease. I have enough to champion IW 4* or about 1 of 10 other three stars and some change. But none of them are useful IMO. SO I continue to burn extra covers and try to level up the decent 4 stars.

This is my biggest struggle right now. I've got 20 championed 3* characters and the other 20 3*s are around level 100. Each of those will take about 100k ISO to champion, netting a 4* each time. It seems like a waste to dump the ISO into them knowing I'll never use them....but that having been said I've probably discarded 6 She Hulk covers since the whole Champion mechanic was introduced so it feels like I've wasted those covers.

Bah.

It looks like there is a red Hulkbuster as a daily reward next week which will bring me to 11 covers. I think that'll be my closest 4* to completing.

The sneakily genius thing about championing is that the standard reward for adding a level is equivalent to the ISO you would have gotten from selling that extra cover. In theory, the only negative to championing is potentially pushing up your overall average and getting tougher opponents in PVP. But the allure of a Legendary token as your first 3* reward is way too much to turn down. I'm about to get a 1/1/1 Silver Surfer thanks to championing and the black cover I'm getting in 3 days through the daily rewards.

It's a great new mechanic that makes ISO more valuable and gives those stuck in 3* land something to work on.

zulux21

Addicts often talk about "rock bottom".

That time last month that I dumped 130k into Psylock just so I could get a legendary token? That's mine. So ashamed.

im thinking about dumping iso into 3 star cap and iron man

or quicksilver and invisio woman

just to play some different teams lol.

im thinking about dumping iso into 3 star cap and iron man

or quicksilver and invisio woman

just to play some different teams lol.

3 Star Cap is a beast, he's definitely worth it. Even though his Red doesn't do as much damage as other red powers, it's strong enough when you factor in that you can keep using it over and over. The protect titles left over from his stunning Blue are strong as well. Not to mention that both his Red and Blue at Level 5 can target ANY tile, including countdowns. If you get the AP up and target wisely, you can completely shut down minions. He's great with Kamala since his repeating powers feed her heal.

Beat Doc Ock with my Carnage on the third attempt. Just saved up red and green and then launched it all at once. Barely won, and it gave me a blue Hulkbuster that I didn't need. Woo, iso!

Triz

Championed Kamala K. Figured if I'm facing her in PVP and I focus on her first makes sense to have one on my team. Haven't ever really used her since she was at lvl 70. What is her best build? 5/3/5 or 5/4/4 ?

zulux21

3 Star Cap is a beast, he's definitely worth it. Even though his Red doesn't do as much damage as other red powers, it's strong enough when you factor in that you can keep using it over and over. The protect titles left over from his stunning Blue are strong as well. Not to mention that both his Red and Blue at Level 5 can target ANY tile, including countdowns. If you get the AP up and target wisely, you can completely shut down minions. He's great with Kamala since his repeating powers feed her heal.

yup that would be the plan.

run 3 star cap + 3 star iron man + KK against minion nodes. since iron man could fuel cap to start being able to just pick off countdown tiles.

I suppose I could also run falcon instead of KK to have countdown remove from that as well, but I prefer having mass damage output that KK has and a place to use green made from iron man.

Dalek

I've cashed in 3 legendary tokens this morning and got the Nova cover from the Simulator.

My rewards?
Star-Lord
Kingpin
Mister Fantastic

*cries*

yup that would be the plan.

run 3 star cap + 3 star iron man + KK against minion nodes. since iron man could fuel cap to start being able to just pick off countdown tiles.

I suppose I could also run falcon instead of KK to have countdown remove from that as well, but I prefer having mass damage output that KK has and a place to use green made from iron man.

I use Cap/IM40/Hood. Intimidate is OP with those two.

zulux21

I use Cap/IM40/Hood. Intimidate is OP with those two.

I suppose that would be fine too but then I would also have to level up hood :p

beat the 4star node with my 2/1/1 level 94 carnage
got a red hulkbuster

also hit a 25 command points day so... got a purple red hulk

Spoit

Addicts often talk about "rock bottom".

That time last month that I dumped 130k into Psylock just so I could get a legendary token? That's mine. So ashamed.

I'm sorely tempted to break the bank to champion KP with the upcoming login reward...but I really should be saving that ISO for iceman or something

Spoit

Groot, Iron Man and 4hor make a great team.
Eeeh, still awfully monocolored. Groot's best move is the blue, but you need all the blues you can get for FT. HB is a better boosted char to use, since his blue sucks. And then some yellow/purple guy for coverage...kingpin?

zulux21

so I have been goofing around with the console version of this for the heck of it.

it's nice having characters level by using them, and not having to wait to heal and not having to worry about roster spots ect lol.

Top Bottom