• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

Dalek

Eeeh, still awfully monocolored. Groot's best move is the blue, but you need all the blues you can get for FT. HB is a better boosted char to use, since his blue sucks. And then some yellow/purple guy for coverage...kingpin?

I just go straight for yellow for Iron Man. He generates Blue, Green and Red. Let Groot use the Green, then stun with Blue with Thor, then unleash red. Go back to collecting yellow and repeat. Super powerful

zulux21

If at some point someone gets tired of playing this game and you are in gaf-vengers let me know.

I got one of my friends into this game and I would really love to be able to send him team ups from my main account >.<;

instead I am just currently playing one mission on 3 alt accounts to get him some bonus iso and giving him team ups from my wife's old account that has a couple max level 2 stars.

I'm getting tired of logging into 4 accounts total though, 5 if you count the console version of the game I am playing for the fun of it lol.

alternatively if you don't have an alliance and want to join one Galavant N00bs has 15 open spots :p

the new covers for she hulk and 1 star widow are nice.

Covers I have on my roster
LWw9Jqb.png

UxD5w4g.png

niV4YsY.png

BcezEBz.png

PbrDBMn.png

9X4wHEr.png

WPfI5bi.png

Wb1USR4.png

mR8jtVP.png

jhYcWXw.png

(got the black widow from a token so got that one)
that is likely all of them unless 5 star jean has an alternate cover now. I like most of them aside from squirrel girl.

Malmorian

This ISO thirst...man oh man. Also, does anyone else feel like the 2* pulls have been diminished? I keep pulling 1*'s from my BS covers, it's really annoying lol

zulux21

Yeah likely not. I feel that way coming up with Falcon Cap, mine is 0/0/3.

i might have just enough for falcon I can't remember if I have 4 or 5 covers total but I do have one of each, and the yellow one is important since it increases damage and protects me.

zulux21

2* pulls feel like they have been seriously reduced. I get nothing but 1* covers from basics now.

they are likely down some, I still have my main 2 stars over level 110 though so I have still gotten a number of them since the champ stuff. my storm is level 120 I think lol.

they are likely down some, I still have my main 2 stars over level 110 though so I have still gotten a number of them since the champ stuff. my storm is level 120 I think lol.

Fair enough. I only have five 2* characters that I have leveled past lvl 15. They range from 104 to 118 so it isn't like I am not getting any covers for them; they just seem to drop less frequently.

That having been said, I feel like if I just dumped ISO into Moonstone she would be at 147 three times over. So many Moonstone covers.

zulux21

why would you give away hulk covers for the women of power event... it's so dumb at the very least should be she hulk covers :/

i mean captain at 200 and thor after hulk shouldn't be there either, but the main reward should totally be women @_@

at least the event vault rewards are only women for the 3 star and above.

Fair enough. I only have five 2* characters that I have leveled past lvl 15. They range from 104 to 118 so it isn't like I am not getting any covers for them; they just seem to drop less frequently.

That having been said, I feel like if I just dumped ISO into Moonstone she would be at 147 three times over. So many Moonstone covers.

It's probably just confirmation bias but the pull rates in general seem suspicious to me. I used to get a ton of Storm and Moonstone covers. I rostered Storm per the earlier suggestions in the thread to help with DDQ, and haven't drawn a single one since. Had an extra roster slot so recruited Moonstone on a whim... same. I constantly pull the 2* I don't have rostered (2Cap, Daken and Hawkguy). I haven't been getting many 2* covers from PVP or standard tokens either, feels like the odds went down after Championing went into effect.

I haven't had as much trouble with DDQ since they tweaked it. It's still harder than before and sometimes takes a couple of tries, but haven't gotten wiped out consistently as before. Although I think they lied, Ultron and symbiotes still show up a lot. :p

Dalek

Oh my holy god.

X-Force Deadpool's Countdown For What
+
X-Force Wolverine's Surgical Strike

INSANE DAMAGE

Like I can clear out all 3 enemies in one shot. I learned this on Reddit and it's an incredible combo. Luckily I have 5 covers for each.

Triz

Oh my holy god.

+

INSANE DAMAGE

Like I can clear out all 3 enemies in one shot. I learned this on Reddit and it's an incredible combo. Luckily I have 5 covers for each.

Yup they are a beast team.

Oh my holy god.

+

INSANE DAMAGE

Can you walk through the combo?

Neither are particularly usable for me but I'm curious. My Deadpool is 0/1/3 and Wolvie is 4/4/2.

Dalek

Deadpool fires "Countdown for What" which makes tiles that if matched or destroyed explode.

Wolvie fires Surgical Strike, which destroys all tiles of the enemy's strongest color-which also happen to contain the Deadpool tiles.

The first hit does all the damage for surgical strike which is usually enough to down one opponent. After that the damage for the exploding tiles is calculated which usually kills the second enemy and potentially the third as well.

Malmorian

Total waste of a 10-pack, nothing but shitty 2 and 3*'s...but I got a few Heroic tokens for the season end and got *4* 4*'s?! What the hell?!

zulux21

hmmmm I have 1 ironman 40 cover and two hood covers and enough iso to champion one of them... ironman 40 only has 3 yellow covers hood has 4 blue and 5 black.

zulux21

The Iron Man yellow battery is legit.

yeah that is the route I went. I can eventually get to hood. I think I like KK as a pairing just because she will heal and use that green and purple well :p thus I think I will still go with captain just to chain the heals lol. should be a solid PVE team.

yeah that is the route I went. I can eventually get to hood. I think I like KK as a pairing just because she will heal and use that green and purple well :p thus I think I will still go with captain just to chain the heals lol. should be a solid PVE team.

I am sitting on a Hood cover with six days left. Not sure if I should dump the 115k into him that is required....

You definitely made the right call though-IM40 has new life.

Triz

Man you must have championed a lot. Mine is only 351, which is ~1.4k a tile. Which I guess kinda sorta works, but Juggs has like 16k HP

My bad, mine is at 352 I didn't look before I wrote it down. You aren't wrong by the way, Im not taking down teams of three with one combo attack, but then again my nodes have level 300 enemies.

Championed IM40 this morning, got another green 5-star Jean Grey, bringing her to 3/0/0. Haven't put any iso into her, but she can get to Lv 300 now.

zulux21

Any thoughts on whether today's 4* is doable with a 2/1/3 falcon?

given I think it's doable with a 1/1/3 I would imagine it's likely doable with a 2/1/3.
deny red and black, collect yellow when you can and throw some protect tiles out to stall it out until you can get 28 red. and then launch another yellow to get a bunch of protect tiles on the board and release red twice for well over 10k damage o_O

it will be longish but should be doable.

yup totally doable, I would have won the first time if yellow hadn't been so stingy.

yup did it the second time by not firing off my yellow quite as early so that I had 9 defense tiles and managed to do 11k damage with two dive bombs.

I got a red miles cover.
yesterday I got up to 20 cp again and got a silver surfer :/

zulux21

Yeah, I dunno. I'm having exactly 0 luck with my 188 544 one :*(

really?
I missed killing her by 2 yellow AP my first time because I couldn't make the yellow tiles protect tiles to run my red move twice for 6k each.

I just block black and then red and try to snag some yellow, after I got 18 yellow I made some protect tiles the second time, and just worked up to 28 red and then used my yellow again to make 9 protect tiles which made his red move do 11k killing her quickly.

is your match damage causing her to trigger her ap gain move or something? as it should be a piece of cake with that high level of one if her ap gain move isn't triggering as at that level you likely only really need 14 red ap and 9 yellow with 10 yellow on the board to finish her off o_O

Spoit

really?
I missed killing her by 2 yellow AP my first time because I couldn't make the yellow tiles protect tiles to run my red move twice for 6k each.

I just block black and then red and try to snag some yellow, after I got 18 yellow I made some protect tiles the second time, and just worked up to 28 red and then used my yellow again to make 9 protect tiles which made his red move do 11k killing her quickly.

is your match damage causing her to trigger her ap gain move or something? as it should be a piece of cake with that high level of one if her ap gain move isn't triggering as at that level you likely only really need 14 red ap and 9 yellow with 10 yellow on the board to finish her off o_O

Her red wipes out all the yellow tiles, so even if I have enough yellow to recast it, which I often don't, there's not enough tiles on the board to be worth it. And 2 casts of the black and I'm dead, even prioritizing black as the highest priority, blocking 3 matches is really hard, and she usually gets another black match while I'm stunned

Chanser

Got a X-Force Wolverine cover, only needing 2 more covers to max him out. Only took me over 2 years to get to this point.

Meanwhile just championed Cyclops.

zulux21

Her red wipes out all the yellow tiles, so even if I have enough yellow to recast it, which I often don't, there's not enough tiles on the board to be worth it. And 2 casts of the black and I'm dead, even prioritizing black as the highest priority, blocking 3 matches is really hard, and she usually gets another black match while I'm stunned

don't cast yellow until you use red?
she prioritizes yellow over black (or at least did for me)

also http://marvel.com/news/video_games/25850/piecing_together_marvel_puzzle_quest_quake
quake is the next character like was rumored a while back.

only one spoiled character left now and it seems the spoiler tumblr is dead so... yeah :p

edit: daisy is weird...

I think she will have her uses in PVE, but while her green isn't bad, her passive is very situational, and her blue isn't impressive. Blue would be far more interesting if it cost a little more and gave you AP as well. but really she feels overall like a mostly inferior version of KK as while yes her green move does a bit more for a little less and shuffles the board... KK at the same level does about the same amount of damage. (also it's not 100% confirmed but mostly confirmed that the reshuffle is the board reshuffle that already exists and thus no matches will be made with it)

quake reduces damage from team attack, KK allows you to heal back damage from any attack.

quake allows you to destroy tiles of a given color. KK doesn't destroy but instead turns them intro green to fuel her big attack. I suppose quake's is confirmed to destroy special tiles as well, but again that plays far more into being a good PVE instead of a good in general character.

that being said KK is overall a decent character, and quake doesn't seem bad.

NineH

don't cast yellow until you use red?
she prioritizes yellow over black (or at least did for me)

this fight was tough and I was unable to beat her even with a level 166 5/5/3 falcon. She just hits too hard at level 270 with her cheaply costed moves. I tried boosting with the all color damage boost and that was a bad idea. I made a 5 match and the critical caused her passive to activate and that was all she wrote. Saving reds until I got to 28 to cast his red twice was a pipe dream since I was dead even before collecting 14 red even with boosts. I'll get her next time, hopefully with 5 in red though as 3 is not going to cut it.

Yay! A 4* from a heroic token!

Oh it's totally awesome Hulk.

:(

Could be worse, could be another Invisible Woman green cover when you've had her at 5/2/5 for over half a year and just need ONE BLUE COVER, COME ON.

Sorry, just having flashbacks. At this rate, I'll end up fully covering my first 4* and two more 4* before I ever get that cover.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I really didn't think I had my FemThor maxed, but I guess I did. That's a surprise.

Top Bottom