• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

zulux21

Honestly I never use BP..I'm a fan of the IF/Laken/Cyc or Luke Cage combo personally. What teams are ya'll using with BP?

BP goes great with IF as well if you just need to do 4k or less global damage to wipe a team.

heck with the boosted BP I am doing BP + If + SW and then just wait until i have 20 purple (which takes like 6 turns) and then making a bunch of black until I have 12 releasing the tiger, using more purple until I get enough black again and ending the enemy :p

in general I use IF + LC + falcon though or IF + LC + SW if I need more purple.

I am also known to use If + Patch + loki from time to time.
I am also trying out KK + Ironman + Captain which seems to work well enough. Sure it doesn't have black but KK can turn all the black into green :p

in other thoughts, does anyone's alliance have two openings?
since it doesn't seem like Gaf-Vengers will have a new opening any time soon, I am thinking about jumping to another alliance if they have two openings and are near the 20 cap and all the players log in each day as I really need to be in the same alliance as my friend so I can send him team ups to help him out as he is starting to reach the point that while my wife's 2 star team ups are helpful, they aren't game changing like my 3 star team ups could be.

basically I would love one that gets the log in iso, and that should get 1 of the ultron/galactus big prizes maybe 2.

Spoit

in other thoughts, does anyone's alliance have two openings?
since it doesn't seem like Gaf-Vengers will have a new opening any time soon, I am thinking about jumping to another alliance if they have two openings and are near the 20 cap and all the players log in each day as I really need to be in the same alliance as my friend so I can send him team ups to help him out as he is starting to reach the point that while my wife's 2 star team ups are helpful, they aren't game changing like my 3 star team ups could be.

I still say you guys are crazy. The 5+team stun from MBW is by far the best TU, with the AP steal from OBW probably the 2nd best. 3* damage team ups are waaaaaay less useful than utility, though tile spam changers like KK/Cykes/GSBW do have some (more limited) use.

But something like lazy cap? The AP generation and/or protect tiles are way more useful than the piddly like 1/3-1/5 a health bar damage

zulux21

I still say you guys are crazy. The 5+team stun from MBW is by far the best TU, with the AP steal from OBW probably the 2nd best. 3* damage team ups are waaaaaay less useful than utility, though tile spam changers like KK/Cykes/GSBW do have some (more limited) use.

But something like lazy cap? The AP generation and/or protect tiles are way more useful than the piddly like 1/3-1/5 a health bar damage

it's not 1/3-1/5 health bar damage it's complete other team wipe.

the enemies my friend is facing typically have less than 3k health, 4k tops.
a BP team up or KK team up will do wonders for him as they would let him get the 4th dead pool daily node with ease, something he can't do right now.

I mean 2 star storm's blue is still usually a team wipe for him, I just can only give that to him once per day right now off my wife's account.

Zulux you can kick me(Minervuez) out of GAF-vengers to make space for your friend, I'm currently not interested in playing so I decided to take a long break from the game.

zulux21

Zulux you can kick me(Minervuez) out of GAF-vengers to make space for your friend, I'm currently not interested in playing so I decided to take a long break from the game.

Thanks for responding, he will greatly appreciate it.
I hope if you decide to come back to the game at a later time you find it fun again, if not I hope you find some other game that is fun.

Triz

Managed to beat moonstone with a 188 Jean gray. No blue covers for my Jean. Boosted match damage on green , plus green, and plus purple. Took 6 tries though.

Pulled a purple prof x.

zulux21

Yeah I'm not able to do the 4-star fight today, not a chance. Maybe next time.

i have a single cover for her... yeah not gonna happen lol.
likely won't have a shot for a while as the next ones are
mr fantastic
iceman (maybe... especially if I pull another blue cover before then)
cyclops
red hulk
x23 (maybe as not only do I have a like 6 covers for her but my daken is getting close to where he will give me another cover for her)

Thanks for responding, he will greatly appreciate it.
I hope if you decide to come back to the game at a later time you find it fun again, if not I hope you find some other game that is fun.
I'll probably come back at some point, I'm gonna keep checking this thread to see what's going on with the game.

zulux21

I'll probably come back at some point, I'm gonna keep checking this thread to see what's going on with the game.

I have a feeling it's going to be status quo for a while with the game, likely a new 5 star and a new 4 star each month for the next few months before the next big feature.

only character left to come that I know of is howard the duck and I don't know if he would be a 4 or 5 star.

zulux21

gah level 310 mags and 310 hood is painful >.<;

it's gonna be close to if I can get the 25 command points, should have a top 10 finish locked up with ease, I will likely end up in third, but if something happens to first or second (aka life gets in the way) I might get 4 quake covers instead of 3.

aaaaaa

If anyone wants the alliance reward of the Quake cover, the alliance I'm in is right on the cusp of getting it. 50k+ points recommended. Search for AllNewAvengers.

Dalek

Just got my Quake cover, and now I realize I don't have a Moonstone cover for the required nodes in the Simulator. Dammit. I guess I need to recruit her.

zulux21

Just got my Quake cover, and now I realize I don't have a Moonstone cover for the required nodes in the Simulator. Dammit. I guess I need to recruit her.

it shouldn't be hard to recruit her she shows up like every 5th heroic token, every 10th taco, and like every 20th recruit token >.<;

Dalek

Two things:
For the Webslinger PVP I have Spider-Man, Cyclops and Squirrel Girl fully leveled and maxxed-and they're boosted. They make a killer team.

In the PVP, the last node with Thing, Iceman and Scarlett Witch is ridiculous.

Edit: not bad for a day's work. Got enough CP yesterday AND today between my daily rewards and the PVE prize to get two Legendary tokens which netted me a Jean Grey and an Iceman. Today I earned Quake, and then pulled a Nova from a Webslinger token.

zulux21

for crying out loud.
I get 25 cp for the progression in the pve
I hope for a 4 star I need covers for... (which is pretty much all of them)
I instead get another 5 star
5TYKr4m.png
#firstworldproblems

@_@

I actually had the time and will to get a top 50 finish and a Quake cover. Shorter PvE events are the best. I have zero desire to compete in those 7 day slogs.

Malmorian

Same. I just pulled a Yellow Thing ( now 0/2/0 ) from making BP a champion. highly disappointing it was his passive and not an active

zulux21

man PVE was already a chore the new version sounds horrid
Story Event Scaling Test (Mar. 16, 2016)
For the Enemy of the State Story event, we will be testing the new mission difficulty change we have been working on. Here is a list of the changes:

Mission difficulty
We have changed the way the game determines which level enemies you should go against to be more accurate. Instead of basing difficulty solely on heroes&#8217; levels, it takes your heroes&#8217; power levels into account as well.
Previously, missions increased in difficulty based on your performance within the event. Mission difficulty is now set at the start of the event and does not change for the duration of the event.
In the old system, some players saw a big jump in difficulty between the easier missions in a chapter and the harder ones. That's been smoothed out.
Players at higher levels will begin to see enemies higher than 395.
As your roster gets stronger, you'll see enemies that are relatively easier. (Their levels will still increase, but more slowly than yours do.)
The amount of Power levels an opponent has is based on their level.
Opponents at base level or under will only have a single power level for each of their powers. This scales up to the max level which is 13 power levels.
Opponents shouldn&#8217;t have more than 13 Power levels at any point.

Missions increase in difficulty after beating them
After completing a mission, a screen is shown showing how many levels the enemy has gained.
Each mission will increase in difficulty six times.
Typically, Join Forces missions do not increase in difficulty.

The amount of points a mission is worth
The amount of points you earn while playing a mission no longer changes based on other players&#8217; scores. (This was commonly referred to as rubber banding.)
The first six times you beat a Mission will be worth the same amount of points
After the seventh time you beat a mission, it will be worth less points.
Each time you beat the mission after the seventh completion will increase the time it takes to receive full points by 24 hours
The amount of times it takes for a mission to reach the minimum amount of points it is worth is five times (down from six times)
The minimum amount of points a mission is worth is now 20 (increased from 1).
Typically, Join Forces missions decrease in points immediately after playing it once.
Last Updated: 22m &#8226; Pe

the 20 iso reward after 7 clears will likely become an issue for serious players again @_@

luckily I am not one of those, and will just deal with clearing nodes 7 times when I care about the rewards but still.

I suppose it wouldn't be so bad if we also weren't seeing the progression awards being increased by 50% or so.

the game liked me today.
I used the last of my HP to buy roster slots for quake...
so I started today at 0.
I got 50 for my daily
1k for my first taco
and 250 for my second.

I'll buy another roster spot for the future and sitll have 300 yay.

Malmorian

I'm..not sure I like it, but don't know yet if i hate it. I'll need to see how this plays out 1st. Interesting point about the 20 Iso reward for sure, and this Power level system will need at least a few rounds to feel out properly.

Last but not least, fuck 7 day PvE. I loathe it.

Dalek

Talk about luck, I decided to spend 100HP on a simulator token and I got the Legendary Token. I ended up getting a black Deadpool cover bringing him to 1/5/5.

I tried out the EotS to see how the scaling was. The trivial nodes are gone and the last node was about the same difficulty as before this change, except now the nodes get harder after each completion. I redid the last node for the CP and it was increasing 12-15 levels each try. I got it on the third try, fortunately, because if it continued increasing 12-15 levels I probably wouldn't be able to beat it again after the third try. For reference my highest characters were boosted OBW and 2Thor, level 180. The first non-loaner non-wave node started at about 110, the last node started at 160, increasing to about 185 by the third clear. If this goes live it'll be harder to get that CP.

I did get the CP and got my first 5* for it, a black Silver Surfer. I'm not sure he's worth a roster slot though, at the rate I'm progressing I don't think I'll ever realistically get enough covers or ISO to level him and at one cover he's not too useful.

zulux21

so with the new PVE it's all going to come down to where they set scaling. It really doesn't feel horrible right now (i mean the node is only level 140 after 3 plays instead of 300 like in the last PVE)

so it might not be horrible, but I really don't trust them to scale things right.

also why don't caltrops seem to get effected by protect tiles :./

either way I think I have decided I can add snagging CP from the 4 star required node from PVP to my list of things to do, as it doesn't take a ton of effort and will greatly increase how quickly I get 4 stars if I get 5 more CP a week or so.

also just an update on future 4 star matches.

next up
Mr Fantastic vs Dr Doom
given you have to block blue black and purple to hope to win it's likely not gonna be done at low level. I am looking at a level 115 mr fantastic and doubt I can do it. High blue covers shouldn't be bad as you can stun him lots, high black could deal some damage, either way doom will be doomy.

after that
Ice man vs Jean Gray
if you have 3 blue covers you are likely golden as you could potentially stun lock her if you do it right.
purple wouldn't be bad as well to make more blue.
I have 2 blue and 1 purple, so with some luck I might be able to do it, but it would be much easier if I could pull another blue since then the stun lasts as long as the punch a snowman power does meaning I can stun again right away.

after that
Cyclops vs hulkbuster.
yeah... gonna need a high level cyclops for this one.

it's likely safe to assume the new 4 stars since last time will be at the end.
so miles, venom, spider gwen, totally awesome, and maybe even quake will be included this time.

Malmorian

Wow, pulled my 1st 4* from a DDQ token, and it was a Blue Iceman cover which makes it that much better, especially with his fight coming up soon. Might actually win a fight!

Silver Surfer wrecked my PVP matchmaking. At first I thought he was great, big match damage and health to get through the feeder teams easily, but as soon as I finished those 3 the team levels skyrocketed. My max boosted characters in the Elektra PVP were around 180 and with SS I was getting matched against teams in the 220-250 range. I stuck with it to about 300 points, now the teams are in the 300s and I have no chance. :p

I'm probably going to have to delete him.

Wow, pulled my 1st 4* from a DDQ token, and it was a Blue Iceman cover which makes it that much better, especially with his fight coming up soon. Might actually win a fight!

I pulled all 2* from my 3 standard tokens this morning and got two 3* with my DDQ tokens, a nice change from all the health packs and 1500 iso I've been getting this week. I finally have a usable 3* (Captain Marvel) that is in the same level range as my max 2*. Not a bad day.

zulux21

my thoughts for this fight 3 blue iceman, might be doable
4 blue iceman should be doable
5 blue iceman absolutely doable as long as you get some blue.

Malmorian

my thoughts for this fight 3 blue iceman, might be doable
4 blue iceman should be doable
5 blue iceman absolutely doable as long as you get some blue.

Yeah, I have 2 Blue, so maaaaaaybe if i drop enough Blue AP before the fight and get lucky off the bat I can stun-lock the fight. Maybe.

zulux21

Only 5*'s I have are 0/2/1 Phoenix and a 1/0/0 Black Spider man. I envy that OLM lol

my 5*

I would trade each and every single one of them cover for cover for a random 4 star as I don't have a single complete 4 star and would much rather at this point be able to work on more 4 stars to make DDQ every 5 days get me more tokens. as it stands I can only do like 25% of the DDQ 4 star nodes and most of those are relying on luck.

I figure with the way things are going I will fully cover a 5 star before I get my 3rd 4 star fully covered, but even then I won't invest iso into the 5 star.

though at least I am slowly working on my 3 stars. im up to 10 champ 3 stars which is 25% of them.
i just champed 2 star hawkeye to get more covers for 40 ironman.
next plan is to champ 3 star captain and then 2 star cap or 3 star mags and then 2 star mags. (I want the HP from the 2 stars as well since it will eventually help me have every character again. something I didn't think I would be able to do before the champ system)

I know it's not an ideal use of iso... but I fully plan to just max champ my 2 stars and then start a new one selling the old one as long as it isn't named widow thor or storm (those I will just start new ones and sell the second one when max champed)

I imagine that if I ever max champ a 3 star I will just start a new one as I hate just selling covers, being able to apply them to level up is so much more satisfying lol.

thus I need like 11 more roster spots + 1 for each new character they add.

edit:
get 20 CP
Roll.

seriously, can someone else get these things >.<;
green jean btw.

it must be because I don't want them that I keep getting them. That is something like 5 of my last 10 pulls are 5 stars if not higher than that >.<;

What are generally considered to be the best 4* characters? I know Hulk Buster is supposedly one of the best, and Invisible Woman is very low-tier (yet she's the closest I have to finishing). I just want to know who I should be caring about and dumping ISO into once my 4* characters get more fully covered.

What are generally considered to be the best 4* characters? I know Hulk Buster is supposedly one of the best, and Invisible Woman is very low-tier (yet she's the closest I have to finishing). I just want to know who I should be caring about and dumping ISO into once my 4* characters get more fully covered.
Good: Carnage, X-Force Wolvie, Jean Grey, Iceman, Prof X, Kingpin, and I'm sure others can chime in.

Other than IW, I'm not sure who everyone considers bad.

Top Bottom