• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

Iceman is probably one of the best 4 stars, not just good. Can stun lock you for a whole match.

Sadly my 1/2/2 Iceman will remain useless for the balance of 2016 at the rate I'm pulling down 4* covers.

Why does Hulkbuster get so much love? I don't really use mine (4/4/3) because I haven't found any good 3* characters to pair him with. IW, Fury & XForce Wolvie are my only other somewhat covered 4* characters which is why I'm going the 3* route....

Oh yeah him too. He might be the worst actually.

Question: Is he as useless as Bag Man? Because I saw Cho Hulk near the very, very bottom of a list of ALL MPQ characters on a ranking on the official MPQ forums.

Iceman seems dope, I hope I get more covers for him soon. I also wish I had a fully covered Ant-Man, since he was really fun to use during his event.

It sucks to hear that Elektra is bad, since I have a decent amount of covers for her.

Sadly my 1/2/2 Iceman will remain useless for the balance of 2016 at the rate I'm pulling down 4* covers.

Why does Hulkbuster get so much love? I don't really use mine (4/4/3) because I haven't found any good 3* characters to pair him with. IW, Fury & XForce Wolvie are my only other somewhat covered 4* characters which is why I'm going the 3* route....

Speaking as someone with a 1/5/5 Hulkbuster, who can do like zero damage with his red, I use him as a battery for lazy Cap or at worst Cyclops. Fuels their red attacks nicely.

Spoit

I haven't really payed attention since like, ghost rider came out, so there's some gaps in the later 4*s, but IIRC:

Top tier: Iceman (stuns, mega AoE), Jean (cheap hard hitting AoE, annoyance factor like loki), HB (battery, strikes), Rulk (Aoe, annoying passive, a metric ton of HP)

Good: Carnage (with the proliferation of higher HP 5*s and rulk, his sythe is a lot less useful. Still an annoying guaranteed medpack use though), KP (decent powers, but a bit slow, and the upper levels are all about synergies, which he doesn't have), XPool+thing (annoying combo, good color coverage, both are probably a tier lower on their own though), FT (when boosted. Can tear high HP people down, but super slow without IM/HB acting as a battery), classicyke (decent AP generation, targeted destruction)

Okaaaaaay: Xfarce (though really, only when boosted, otherwise, he's easily a tier lower), PX (worthless in pvp, but has that pve combo),

Meh: Antman, Starlord (who?)

Absolute trash: DD, elektra, Mr fantastic, IW

G9tklid.jpg
Taco_Tokens.jpg

Also, Advice time: Too many covers, too little ISO. I've got a load of fully covered characters, and I could do with some advice on which ones to focus on, and their optimal builds. They are:

Iron Fist 157 5/3/5
Ragnarok 140 4/4/5
Rocket & Groot 133 5/3/5
Gamora 127 5/4/4
Scarlet Witch 127 4/4/5
Punisher 127 5/5/3
Steve Rogers 117 4/4/5
The Hood 102 5/3/5
Squirrel Girl 91 5/5/3

Taco_Tokens.jpg

Also, Advice time: Too many covers, too little ISO. I've got a load of fully covered characters, and I could do with some advice on which ones to focus on, and their optimal builds. They are:

Iron Fist 157 5/3/5
Ragnarok 140 4/4/5
Rocket & Groot 133 5/3/5
Gamora 127 5/4/4
Scarlet Witch 127 4/4/5
Punisher 127 5/5/3
Steve Rogers 117 4/4/5
The Hood 102 5/3/5
Squirrel Girl 91 5/5/3

Champion IF and get him to 3/5/5. His purple is devastating and cheap at 5AP.

People love SW but I haven't spent much time with her. I used to use Steve Rogers all the time but now he barely gets any love...but I'd recommend 5/5/3 for him.

Dalek

Question: Is he as useless as Bag Man? Because I saw Cho Hulk near the very, very bottom of a list of ALL MPQ characters on a ranking on the official MPQ forums.

Iceman seems dope, I hope I get more covers for him soon. I also wish I had a fully covered Ant-Man, since he was really fun to use during his event.

It sucks to hear that Elektra is bad, since I have a decent amount of covers for her.

Iceman is really great-I've been lucky and been getting a lot of covers from him from pulls lately.

zulux21

Why is it worse?

there is no facebook connect.

thus the 500-2000 iso per day you can get from facebook connect isn't there.

sR0FWAA.png

4 Star Punisher MAX incoming.

Pre-release ability precis:
(black)Damage - 10 AP - Deals damage plus additional damage for every friendly strike tile on the board.

(green)Damage/Stun - 10 AP - Stuns allies for 2 turns and deals damage to the enemy team plus extra damage for every downed enemy.

(blue)Special tile/Passive 8 AP - Creates strength black strike tiles and (PASSIVE) friendly strike tiles’ strength are increased.

also if you are on ios 6 you have a month to update if you want to continue playing.

zulux21

Terrible news. Ugh. Fuck. I play on an old-ass ipad.

full info since it effected you
Hello everyone,

We wanted to provide notice that in approximately one month (currently targeting April 18, 2016) Marvel Puzzle Quest will no longer be compatible with Apple devices using iOS version 6.0 or earlier. The minimum spec the game will support will be iOS 7.0 after the above date.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Thank you.

*A friendly reminder: You’ll want to make sure your game is backed up to Facebook before you attempt to transfer your save to a new device.
(While in-game, tap the gear icon/then tap the Facebook icon.)

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
full info since it effected you

I'm scared as shit to do that, because when I do, it asks me if I want to overwrite (I started an FB MPQ thing long ago, I think) - and I don't wanna nuke my acct.

I should just grab all my info, bite the bullet, back it up, move to PC or phone (I have a current-ass phone) and if it loses it, get in touch with D3.

Taco_Tokens.jpg

Iron Fist 157 5/3/5
Ragnarok 140 4/4/5
Rocket & Groot 133 5/3/5
Gamora 127 5/4/4
Scarlet Witch 127 4/4/5
Punisher 127 5/5/3
Steve Rogers 117 4/4/5
The Hood 102 5/3/5
Squirrel Girl 91 5/5/3

Chiming in that Iron Fist is fantastic, so you should definitely champion him. I always roll with him, Cyclops 3*, & Daken 3* for the DDQ wave, and they wreck house. The only issue I've had with him is his low health compared to other characters, especially since he's usually taking up 2-3 colors and gets left in front after attacking.

Other than IF, Steve Rogers is great for PVE since he can shut down enemy countdowns with his maxed blue and red. I've also heard great things about Rocket & Groot and Scarlet Witch.

EDIT: Accidentally double-posted, so might as well add something new to the conversation.

It feels kind of weird to have Punisher MAX be a separate character from the current Punisher. I guess they have different costumes and different storylines, but I always felt like the Punisher MAX storylines were what really went down when Frank was killing criminals in the underworld. Him outside of the MAX series was just a more sanitized version of what the rest of the 616 saw.

zulux21

I'm scared as shit to do that, because when I do, it asks me if I want to overwrite (I started an FB MPQ thing long ago, I think) - and I don't wanna nuke my acct.

I should just grab all my info, bite the bullet, back it up, move to PC or phone (I have a current-ass phone) and if it loses it, get in touch with D3.

being able to move to PC is hit or miss.
and if you do manage to move to PC in general it's a one way move as they don't in general allow people to move from PC to mobile.

Spoit

being able to move to PC is hit or miss.
and if you do manage to move to PC in general it's a one way move as they don't in general allow people to move from PC to mobile.

Huh, really? I mean, mine is set up so that they both up to date, as long as you don't boot both at the same time. Of course, they don't do that any more, so it's a moot point

Triz

I'm sure this is crazy talk but I've been using beast in the pve required node for the first time since they updated him. And I actually think he's decent. Convince me not to max him out lol.

zulux21

I'm sure this is crazy talk but I've been using beast in the pve required node for the first time since they updated him. And I actually think he's decent. Convince me not to max him out lol.
why?
i mean the point is to have fun not strictly use your iso to the best.
if you are having fun with him then use him.

Triz

why?
i mean the point is to have fun not strictly use your iso to the best.
if you are having fun with him then use him.

Well ISO is a premium at this point and there are plenty of 4 stars I could dump the 100k iso into or maybe even a few other 3 stars that should take priority.

I really want to get back into playing this, but it's just so time consuming for a mobile game. I can spend 30 minutes every 6 hours playing Pokemon Shuffle and remain competitive, but for this I have to contribute a couple HOURS a day to have a fighting chance. It's rough.

zulux21

Well ISO is a premium at this point and there are plenty of 4 stars I could dump the 100k iso into or maybe even a few other 3 stars that should take priority.
it is, but who cares :p
I am currently working on championing my 2 stars even though I have 30 fully covered 3 stars and two 4 stars near being able to be championed just because :p

MiTYH

Beast is amazing. Running a Blade/Panther/Beast, or Blade/Hulk/Beast teams do me very well.

Focus on Blade to get Red strike tiles and pink attack tiles
Beast for blue, then either yellow for health/protect or green for multi-team attack
Hulk will give you a health boost and free greens, while Panther gives a better use of yellow (esp for the pink attack tiles) and much better black power

It's great synergy. I'm actually working to finally champion Beast now since I pulled a cover for him randomly from a standard token. Should have it before it expires (I had just championed Captain America)

Triz

I beat Jean with a 111 ice man. Like I said he can keep someone stunned the entire time on just 6 blue. Pulled a spider Gwen who I didn't have. Mr fantastic was my daily reward. For the trifecta pulled a ghost rider with the pve token. That's a good pull day.

Malmorian

Finally beat Jean last night and pulled a Puple Kingpin, as my 1st Ghost Rider from CP. my concern is I'm getting SS from a daily...will 3 5*'s fuck with my placement or have they fixed that yet?

Dalek

Well I dropped some cash to buy out half the Enemy of the State vault-ended up getting a Ghost Rider, a purple Jean Grey (FINALLY) and a Legendary Token-which gave me a Phoenix! Bringing her to 1/1/1 for me. I should at least be able to use her as a deterrent in PVP hopefully.

Malmorian

Well I dropped some cash to buy out half the Enemy of the State vault-ended up getting a Ghost Rider, a purple Jean Grey (FINALLY) and a Legendary Token-which gave me a Phoenix! Bringing her to 1/1/1 for me. I should at least be able to use her as a deterrent in PVP hopefully.

Nice pull, Dalek! I envy the Jean you grabbed, as i'm sure she's one of the only 4*'s i'm missing any covers for

So I've been on vacation all week, and I've mostly been able to pop on and play at least the Deadpool stuff, but yesterday we changed hotels and now the WiFi doesn't agree with my laptop. Sooo I'm MIA til Sunday.

zulux21

So I've been on vacation all week, and I've mostly been able to pop on and play at least the Deadpool stuff, but yesterday we changed hotels and now the WiFi doesn't agree with my laptop. Sooo I'm MIA til Sunday.

k. thanks for letting us know (though in general I don't start worrying about people until they haven't logged in for a week :p)

edit: just saw the punisher's full stats.

Have Mercy on any 4 star they decide to have a face off against him for DDQ.

yes if he is the only one standing that is a min 12k damage for 7 black o_O

oh wait he has a move that makes it so that black move does the harder hit by stunning them that deals decent damage, plus good damage if enemies are down.

and decent strike tile placement with a bonus.

he looks decent in general, and I would have to look and compare closer to figure out a 4 star tier for him.... but....
it won't end well if you have to face a level 270 punisher for a 4* DDQ... that is very clear.

edit 2: I am hearing the army of one numbers are actually max champ numbers... seems like it would be more like 6.5k damage for 7 black at level 270.

zulux21

gah... this event is so unfun to play.

I want to kick who ever thought it was a good idea to put carnage with bots that do 500 each whenever a special tile is destroyed in the head.

and likely the same person, but who ever thought it was okay to have carnage just get a good amount of red each turn so it could fire off a 4k damage move every other turn :/

Dalek

gah... this event is so unfun to play.

I want to kick who ever thought it was a good idea to put carnage with bots that do 500 each whenever a special tile is destroyed in the head.

and likely the same person, but who ever thought it was okay to have carnage just get a good amount of red each turn so it could fire off a 4k damage move every other turn :/

How about the Venom and Carnage and Symbiotic node-Carnage gets to use his Scythes after 2 moves.

zulux21

How about the Venom and Carnage and Symbiotic node-Carnage gets to use his Scythes after 2 moves.

that is what my second one is about where he gets a bunch of red every turn.

on the flip side im in 13th right now, if I do my refresh in an hour i should get back in the top 10 and if I do my refresh 8 hours from now and then go to sleep and get up at 9am or so and grind I should be able to get a top 10 which is what I aim for in these events.

edit:
heh I actually leveled up doc OC and Rags.
them plus iron man 40 works pretty well lol for carnage.
iron man battery makes red and blu.
rags spams the red in order to make more blue and trigger carnage and then oc uses his move to do massive damage.

useless elsewhere but might actually be decent to use for my clear tomorrow.

Top Bottom