• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

Yeah it's on sale on Steam, too. I may dip in.

I'm back from vacation and able to play again. Cashed in all the tokens I got while I was away, managed to add a few levels to guys, like Magneto and Hulk (champion levels). Got a Ghost Rider cover (yawn) from some stockpiled CP. Though I did get my first Nova from a token.

Dalek

Pulled my first Silver Surfer cover today. 5 star galore lately for me. I might be able to skip the 4 star transition entirely if this keeps up. :)

zulux21

Pulled my first Silver Surfer cover today. 5 star galore lately for me. I might be able to skip the 4 star transition entirely if this keeps up. :)

yeah, at some point I will stop complaining about pulling all the 5 stars and just accept that it's time to skip the 4 stars lol.

Dalek

Crazy day for me-In addition to Silver Surfer I also earned a 4* Cyclops from CP earned from Daily Reward, then I pulled a red Spider Gwen from a Pvp Token.

zulux21

yay top 5
CMvYCgM.png

here's hoping that the rumor that the next character will release in 3 days is false.
though to be fair the next character could be a 5* (though if he is a 5* he will likely be the bagman, squirel girl, devil dino or 5* as it seems likely he will be a joke character that releases on april 1st)

Dalek

yay top 5

here's hoping that the rumor that the next character will release in 3 days is false.
though to be fair the next character could be a 5* (though if he is a 5* he will likely be the bagman, squirel girl, devil dino or 5* as it seems likely he will be a joke character that releases on april 1st)

ohhhhh....It's going to be Howard the Duck. of course.

zulux21

ohhhhh....It's going to be Howard the Duck. of course.

that is currently the rumor. that we will get howard on april 1st.

don't know if he is 4 or 5 star though as the current PVE would end in time for a new one to launch on april 1st.

I suppose he could actually be both a PVE award and a 5 star if he is indeed a joke character.

Khaz

As my phone didn't have enough space for the latest update, I decided to delete the cache to free some memory. My game wasn't linked to a facebook account, which means all my progress has been wiped out. Oh well. Time to move on I suppose.

Spoit

ugh, got a cho cover from today's legendary token. Funnily enough, that cykes fight was actually way easier than today's gauntlet fight

As my phone didn't have enough space for the latest update, I decided to delete the cache to free some memory. My game wasn't linked to a facebook account, which means all my progress has been wiped out. Oh well. Time to move on I suppose.
Customer support should be able to restore it for you.

zulux21

I've got the same as you for that node. I can't make any progress here.

I'm just beating up the spy, and then taking out juggs and then sentry.

but yeah these locked events suck.

edit: due to getting 25 CP today from daily log in and being close to 20 already I get two pulls today.
thus I got
Red electra
and green ghost rider.

the red electra should be helpful as her DDQ was either barely doable or barely not doable last time so an extra 20 levels for her and some extra red damage should help.

the green ghost rider only makes him 1/1/0 and unlikely that he can beat Galactus

Dalek

I got a Red Elektra too-this one from a daily reward. This maxes out her covers for me-making her my 5th fully covered 4*:
X-Force wolverine
Invisible Woman
Hulk buster
Thor
Elektra

If I can pull one more red Deadpool, he'll be max leveled for me too.

I'm in the process of trying to max level my Hulkbuster-man does it take a ton of ISO. I'm at level 226 and it takes 3305 to progress one level at this point. O_O

Dalek

Im super jealous of an almost fully covered Deadpool 4 star Dalek.

He's 2/5/5 for me now-the ideal build should be 5/3/5 so I'll have to respec him once I max him out. It is kind of weird how many covers of him I've gotten solely from random pulls. Seems like I'll never max cover Jean Grey.

zulux21

bleh... they really need to understand that the trivial nodes in PVE are great to mess around with characters.

they also need to understand that making nodes harder in general, requiring more of a grind for points, and not giving any better rewards is stupid.

oh yay the first match of a node is a little easier than it used to be... 2 matches later it will be higher, and by the time I grind a node down it will be a lot harder than before with the same rewards :/

4 20's...unless you want that chance at Green Goblin.

edit* these damn scaling nodes, both CP nodes required every clear before I got the CP.

That's what I am thinking but I have a 1/1/1 Surfer and a couple other 5*s with 2 covers. I know how tough they will be to get so I feel like I am missing out. It is dumb.

Edit: thanks Zulux. Good call.

Edit 2: Star Lord (1/2/0), Prof X (4/1/0), Surfer (1/1/2), X-Force (5/4/2)

Happy to have another Surfer and get Wolvie closer to the cap.

zulux21

So I like the combo of ironman 40 and KK I have been trying to figure out who I like the best as the third in 3 star land though.

1. Captain America - plus iron man fuels his red and blue well allowing you to get a crazy cycle going. Minus a bit slow, but good on waves.
I already have two other teams that are great on waves though.

2. Scarlet Witch - plus her blue move causes purple to keep coming for KK.
minus her other two moves are basically useless.

3. Mags - Plus his red works well to clear the board and blue works well for damage.
minus his red is good for 8 ap, but when you have 24 it's hard to cycle with.

in the end i decided to champ 2 star mags and am working on 3 star mags now. I figure captain will be after that unless I find something else I want to toy with as I am slowly working on figuring out situational teams lol. (for example doc oc was solid against carnage with iron man 40 fueling him)

Spoit

So I like the combo of ironman 40 and KK I have been trying to figure out who I like the best as the third in 3 star land though.

1. Captain America - plus iron man fuels his red and blue well allowing you to get a crazy cycle going. Minus a bit slow, but good on waves.
I already have two other teams that are great on waves though.

2. Scarlet Witch - plus her blue move causes purple to keep coming for KK.
minus her other two moves are basically useless.

3. Mags - Plus his red works well to clear the board and blue works well for damage.
minus his red is good for 8 ap, but when you have 24 it's hard to cycle with.

in the end i decided to champ 2 star mags and am working on 3 star mags now. I figure captain will be after that unless I find something else I want to toy with as I am slowly working on figuring out situational teams lol. (for example doc oc was solid against carnage with iron man 40 fueling him)
Lazy cap always was one of the best people to use recharge for, if you didn't have FT. The whole point of a 1Y IM40 was to have his red shield up asap to deal with countdown tiles

zulux21

Lazy cap always was one of the best people to use recharge for, if you didn't have FT. The whole point of a 1Y IM40 was to have his red shield up asap to deal with countdown tiles

yeah he is great in the waves when you get him going and that is with just a level 100 cap I am sure 166 will be better.

My cap was covered correctly while mags isn't thus why i am focusing on him. and I like KK in general which is why I am using her :p

I'm mostly trying to make good but not optimal teams right now. just like once I get my last invisio woman cover I will likely champ her for the heck of it, and quicksilver after, because it's kind of fun using her force bubbles to let quicksilver repeatedly explode :p

I am weary of championing a 4 star since it might screw up my ranking (plus the cost is crazy high), but alas I have 4 5* now so how much harm could it do :p

zulux21

the release date was off but..

Marvel’s most famous fowl is now quacking his way to Marvel Puzzle Quest in a special limited release event! Howard the Duck, the diminutive detective trapped in a world he never made, will be available in Marvel Puzzle Quest starting on April 7th in a feather-filled mini-event titled, “Duck Season”. Both Chip Zdarsky and Joe Quinones (writer and artist of the Howard the Duck comic series) worked together with the Demiurge Studios team in creating the art and abilities for Howard the Duck in the game. The duck call for Duck Season will begin with Howard being earnable in “The Hunt” episode right before a special brand new episode written by Marvel writer Alex Irvine titled, “Webbed Wonder” comes to the game on April 11th.

The new episode will be a three day, three sub-chapter event telling the story of Spider-Man enlisting the services of private eye Howard the Duck to discover what in the world Aunt May been up to lately in New York City. In their search for her through New York, the duo will fight their way through H.A.M.M.E.R. Agents, Maggia, man-eating symbiotes, and a host of Marvel Super Villains in order to uncover the truth. The episode will feature other popular Marvel Puzzle Quest characters, including Squirrel Girl, Kingpin, Bullseye, and more! Players that complete Webbed Wonder will automatically be rewarded a Howard the Duck cover for their efforts. Duck Season will conclude with a brand new Howard the Duck Versus Tournament titled, “Fowl Play” that starts on April 14th.

Players will only be able to add Howard the Duck to their roster during Duck Season.

should be his moves.

I can't wait to have another roster slot taken up by another sub par joke 4* >.>

I can't even imagine spending that much ISO on IW in the first place D:

to be fair that is a while away. I likely won't champion any 4 stars before I finish champing every 2 star and 3 star I care about.

Dalek

Indeed they did!

Now, what can I do to prevent this mess in the future? I'm on Android, I haven't linked my account to Facebook nor have I much desire to do so.

That's the only way. The game is synchronized online through Facebook.

zulux21

Indeed they did!

Now, what can I do to prevent this mess in the future? I'm on Android, I haven't linked my account to Facebook nor have I much desire to do so.

make a fake facebook account and use that.

also man I feel like if you use certain characters the starting board changes.
want to use ironman 40
well never see more than 7 starting yellow tiles on the board.

want to use KK?
never see more than 7 purple on the board.

want to use both?
say hello to 16 black and 16 team up tiles that don't line up for 4 matches at all.

I've played 7 matches in pve and it was true for all of them @_@

either way the 25 command point progress award is obtainable even if you just start now, by just going through all the nodes once and doing the bot only nodes until they give you all 7 rewards. I am 8k away with plenty of time left.

zulux21

beat hulk on the second try with my 0/1/3 red hulk using lots of damage boosts and focusing on matching red to keep him from smashing.

got a black carnage cover for my troubles.

Triz

Nice Zulux. I beat him with a 120 red hulk. Pulled a red cyclops, the one color i did not have on him. Those are always the best pulls.

Also pulled a yellow Prof x with a heroic token. One more cover and I can max him.

You are nuts

Weirdest thing....I finished the DD and I had two heroics but nothing from the DD vault. Closed the app, came back in and the heroics were gone but in their place were two vault tokens.

Edit: All y'all with your fancy Red Hulks. I have exactly two covers for him so I'm not even trying.

zulux21

Nice Zulux. I beat him with a 120 red hulk. Pulled a red cyclops, the one color i did not have on him. Those are always the best pulls.

Also pulled a yellow Prof x with a heroic token. One more cover and I can max him.

I got old man logan black for my daily reward. I really need his red power as I have his healing anyways and would love to place strike tiles with him as I would start using him with IF to kill the bots in PVP :p

Malmorian

Weirdest thing....I finished the DD and I had two heroics but nothing from the DD vault. Closed the app, came back in and the heroics were gone but in their place were two vault tokens.

Edit: All y'all with your fancy Red Hulks. I have exactly two covers for him so I'm not even trying.

Yeah really, my Rulk is 0/1/1, so no chance. TrIed twice as a lark and got destroyed

Triz

I hope they keep this scaling and progression from this pve in place. I'm actually going to get the legendary token reward this time and I don't have to do the work it normally takes. I've actually been playing it more because it's attainable.

Top Bottom