• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

Dalek

I hope they keep this scaling and progression from this pve in place. I'm actually going to get the legendary token reward this time and I don't have to do the work it normally takes. I've actually been playing it more because it's attainable.

Yeah it's working out great for me too.

Dammit. Just got the Command points progression points and I got a Chulk for it. God Damn, God Damn, God Damn!!!

Edit: man pumping all this ISO into Hulkbuster was a good idea. For PVP I just set my team as Iron Fist and Hulkbuster. I don't seem to get attacked as much and I do earn lots of little wins of +10 a lot. Seems to be a good deterrent.

zulux21

I hope they keep this scaling and progression from this pve in place. I'm actually going to get the legendary token reward this time and I don't have to do the work it normally takes. I've actually been playing it more because it's attainable.

yeah just got the 25 cp
got a red cyclops
man his red loves me
ji1TLLY.jpg
wish I could get some of his other colors :p

I'm sure you are all going to laugh or roll your eyes at me. I just started this game the past week. I tried it before a couple of years back but it didn't run very well on my HTC One at the time. Now on the iphone 6, it runs great. However I am having a lot of trouble. I'm on Chapter 2, Juggernaut. Yes I'm stuck in the prologue. Specifically the Daken missions. The first Daken mission was difficult but I eventually moved forward with Magneto and Black Widow. With the second one, I can not make any progress. The morale boosts negate any progress I manage to make. I am trying to deny them the gem colors to perform that action but they always manage to pull off a combo and get what they need anyway. All my characters are between level 11-15 (except spider-man who I can't get past level one for some reason)

Suggestions?

Have you 100% cleared each node from Chapter 1? They give 7 prizes each, so you should be able to beef up some levels and maybe earn some new covers (abilities) for your guys.

Yes I have. I've 100% cleared all the levels up until the second Draken level. I've also beat the Juggernaut levels.

Stop putting iso into every character. Put it all into whichever one has the most covers, preferably Wolverine, Ares, Magneto, or Iron Man.
One strong character is better than a bunch of lower level ones.
Also, do not spend HP on anything but roster slots.

Stop putting iso into every character. Put it all into whichever one has the most covers, preferably Wolverine, Ares, Magneto, or Iron Man.
One strong character is better than a bunch of lower level ones.
Also, do not spend HP on anything but roster slots.

The only 3 I've been putting iso in are Iron Man, Hawkeye, and Black Widow. The rest came as the level that currently are.

Dalek

man the locked roster for this event sucks so much @_@

you're not kidding. Which is the exact reason I hate Heroic events.

The only 3 I've been putting iso in are Iron Man, Hawkeye, and Black Widow. The rest came as the level that currently are.

My advice would be to focus on the soldiers first and leave Daken for last. Daken can heal, so if you're focusing on him-the other guys are getting their attacks off. Get rid of them-try to match any special tiles they make so they're out of your life-and once they're down for the count you can focus on Daken.

Also at this point dump all your ISO into Ares. He'll be a lifesaver for you.

zulux21

you're not kidding. Which is the exact reason I hate Heroic events.

I don't like them, but sometimes they are decent to force me to try new team combos, but half the characters this time are garbage tier @_@

I am having issues beating the team up node with garbage tier hulk, colossus and thor.

Dalek

Man this PVE is shit. Health on the enemies is way too high and I have only a handful of worthy heroes to use. So much for CP.

zulux21

Man this PVE is shit. Health on the enemies is way too high and I have only a handful of worthy heroes to use. So much for CP.

yeah I am sitting at 19CP and I am not gonna bother going for the second CP. I will just snag the required character when the next wave hits.

I've been using patch, ant man, and 3 star storm.

with patch and storm for the required.

basically my goal has been get patch 9 green and storm or ant man enough to make attack tiles, and then strike when I can make apurple match and hope they die before i do >.<;

the roster for this event is so bad @_@.

Triz

Just want to chime in as well and say fuck this PVE. Getting wiped on trivial nodes because of trash tier characters really pisses me off.

MiTYH

Welp, I just ruined someone's day. Woke up with ~30 minutes left in the PVP, so I rose from rank 50something to rank 5. Got some nice Loki covers that I don't need, by HP/CP is always welcome

zulux21

howard the duck looks like a barely decent 3 star... sadly he is a 4 star.

almost an exact copy of 3 star Mags move just for green instead of team up

okay move but expensive for what it does.

the only cover I hope I get so I can beat his DDQ node.

given the creators of this game though I imagine the free cover we will get will be either green or blue and not the purple (most likely green since they usually just give out the top one) so I guess I will have to aim high in the hunt. I avoided spending my last 1k hp on a new slot for howard (as I can just sell captain marvel and start over on championing her later) for some vault rolls, but we will have to see if I bother. if it's an 80 vault with 1 cover of his I will likely not go for it and just focus on the hunt instead.

zulux21

Just skip Howard. He is a joke character like Devil Dinosaur and you can't get more covers so he is a wasted slot.

but but i want to get more tokens next year as he will likely have a yearly april event :p

edit: hmmm they were nice and have the purple cover as the bottom reward. just need a top 100 in the hunt.

edit: electra is mean one on one I barely managed to beat her on my 5th try with my 2/2/3 level 144 x23.
got a red deadpool for it.

I finally figured out what was my sticking point with Daken. I was making three mistakes. First I was using the default level 15 Hawkeye that the game gives you instead of mine 11th level Hawkeye. Even though the game generated Hawkeye was 4 levels higher, the powers were lower cover levels. Second the heroes I was using all drew from similar colors so I was never getting a chance to activate everyone's special power. The last mistake was ignoring the lieutenant. He had a health regen power that make fighting the others first pointless.

ps: any alliances I should join?

zulux21

I finally figured out what was my sticking point with Daken. I was making three mistakes. First I was using the default level 15 Hawkeye that the game gives you instead of mine 11th level Hawkeye. Even though the game generated Hawkeye was 4 levels higher, the powers were lower cover levels. Second the heroes I was using all drew from similar colors so I was never getting a chance to activate everyone's special power. The last mistake was ignoring the lieutenant. He had a health regen power that make fighting the others first pointless.

ps: any alliances I should join?

just find an active one with lots of members for bonus ISO

also for anyone that is curious I am reading the hunt is broken into 3 parts.
1 24 hour node
1 48 hour node
1 24 hour node.

and is running on the traditional score system.

thus my join time will be when there is a little over 24 hours left to minimize my grind and increase my odds of howard without devoting my life to the game over the next few days :p

also
DO NOT BUY TOKENS FOR HOWARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
tokens are usually a waste of money but especially this time with a mere .2% chance (yes .2 and not 2) of getting howard per token in even a 40 pack.

Dalek

New Season is up-Black Punisher cover is the reward in the simulator.

I'm between 800-1000 in the PVP event trying to hit 1000 to get that Iceman. It's so hard-I unshield for a second and I'm wasted.

zulux21

New Season is up-Black Punisher cover is the reward in the simulator.

I'm between 800-1000 in the PVP event trying to hit 1000 to get that Iceman. It's so hard-I unshield for a second and I'm wasted.

I don't know how you haven't burned out or merely smashed your device into a million pieces always chasing season rewards and pvp rewards @_@

Dalek

I don't know how you haven't burned out or merely smashed your device into a million pieces always chasing season rewards and pvp rewards @_@

Yay-iceman get!

I usually just set a goal to get one or two big prizes a season. My iceman is getting a lot of covers so I wanted to focus on him. He's 5/4/1 now.

Edit: Oi. I got into a brutal PVE slice. Going to be a hard fight for a Howard cover.

komarkaze

I have a few 3 star characters at level 120 that I can champion to get a legendary cover. Question is who is worth dumping ISO for? Daredevil, Beast or Rocket/Groot?

Malmorian

Cashed in my CP for a Classic Legendary...and got Quake?! How the fuck is she considered classic already? Guess it could have been worse and pulled a IW but still...

Khaz

How many slots do you guys have? Anyone crazy enough to have every single character (don't have to be capped)? How much would that cost, anyway?

zulux21

I'm bummed out about this PVE. I grinded a lot and still only came in 140. No Howard for me most likely.

I find that often some things happen so if you keep it up you should get a top 100.

as for slots... I have uh... 85 of them (just bought one for my howard in a few days) I am aiming to eventually have enough slots for every 2* or higher character and juggs.

I plan on championing every 2 star and 3 star before moving on to 4 stars. and I will likely cycle my characters (aka once I get storm up to level 144 champ I will build up a new one and once that one is champed I will sell the old one ect)

I know it isn't cost effective towards making it to the end game stuff, but i am happy in 3 star land and building up 4 stars for tokens in DDQ, but don't care enough to move to 4 star land proper. Might just end up skipping it and moving to 5 star land once I get enough 5 stars from legendary tokens lol. either way I find that being able to use most covers I get really helps my enjoyment of the game.

Top Bottom