• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

Dalek

that feeling of joy, only to be crushing disappointment when they nerf him next month >.>
ron2bqci6.gif

Triz

I played my ass off, and missed the morning refresh yesterday on the PVE event. Now I know Im gonna miss Howard by about 10 places. Im currently 102 overall in my bracket but I can't make up the difference. Feels bad man.

zulux21

I played my ass off, and missed the morning refresh yesterday on the PVE event. Now I know Im gonna miss Howard by about 10 places. Im currently 102 overall in my bracket but I can't make up the difference. Feels bad man.

don't you have at least 6 hours to go?
I thought i took the first time slot this time.

Triz

There is over night still. But I'm too far out to make the difference. Years of playing I know what's needed for the top 100 right? Bright side is day 899 of daily reward and it's a legendary token. 905 is 25 CP.

There is over night still. But I'm too far out to make the difference. Years of playing I know what's needed for the top 100 right? Bright side is day 899 of daily reward and it's a legendary token. 905 is 25 CP.

Geez, I'm about to get to 805 and that's a Jean Grey (4*) cover. Looking forward.

zulux21

I get you. just like I know where I am sitting and how my bracket is going I shouldn't need to stay up until 6am to finish my bracket, but instead should be able to do a final push at 2am and go to bed at 4 at the latest.

Geez, I'm about to get to 805 and that's a Jean Grey (4*) cover. Looking forward.

i am at 829 coming up on 835 which is a blue prof x cover which is nice because mine is currently 0/2/1 and it could really speed up his DDQ node.

865 will also be nice as that will give me another blue iceman cover.

Dalek

Grinded my butt off this weekend for Howard. Right now I'm in 52nd place but I'm about to go to bed and the slice ends about an hour after I wake up.

That said with the 25 CP I got I had enough for two LTs. Got Ghost Rider and Miles. Not that I'm complaining as at least it's not dupes-but I really wish I could cover my essential characters like Jean and Iceman.

zulux21

Grounded my butt off this weekend for Howard. Right now I'm in 52nd place but I'm about to go to bed and the slice ends about an hour after I wake up.

That said with the 25 CP I got I had enough for two LTs. Got Ghost Rider and Miles. Not that I'm complaining as at least it's not dupes-but I really wish I could cover my essential characters like Jean and Iceman.

you could just start saving up and using 120CP per cover :p

but yeah I am gonna grind my nodes down likely get in the top 30 and then go to bed and hope my place holds after 2.5 hours.

it should.

I am only really worried about ap urple cover for howard as the DDQ should be doable with just that.

Khaz

If they had a sort of internal market place, where you could sell unwanted covers to other players (with a % going back to the devs), they would break the bank.

Dalek

Good lord my bracket was absolutely brutal. Good thing I woke up early-I had to grind some more and ended up at 99! The number one player had 86,610 points. I had 60,310.

zulux21

yay

also totally not feeling this duck season thing.

someone tell me when the node that rewards howard is live because I don't know if I care enough to play this event given the single howard cover in the vault.

like seriously this event sucks balls. lets release a normal 4 star and not let you collect them after this week :/

btw if you didn't get howard don't feel bad. reading that the DDQ node will reward a green howard instead of a token so basically they are just screwing everyone out of a chance to get a legendary token for one of the DDQ :/

zulux21

Meh, late joined at 750ish. That means, yay, I don't have to actually play!

it's not like this event is exciting.

anyways I think I have decided who I will focus on to champ.
next up is 3 star mags.
after that is 2 star cap and then 3 star cap

after those will be a combination of 2 stars and the following 3 stars.

quicksilver (likely first)
vision
capt marvel
and Rags.

and then I will worry about stuff from there lol.

why those 4 characters?
because they are the characters I don't have champed from two sets of tacos meaning I will just stock pile my tokens and when those come up I have good odds of adding a few covers to my champs which should help boost me into higher levels with my champs and get me 4 star covers. quicksilver first because he will eventually net me iceman covers.

zulux21

whyyyyy would you even have 2 star cap when 3* does literally the same thing, but better

for the covers and HP :p

I don't plan on leveling any 4 star over level 170 or so until next year. I plan to eventually champ every 2 star character for the heck of it as I am in no rush to get to the 4 star game due to iso drain.

zulux21

Do you feel the rewards are really worth dumping in a ton more ISO to cap her off again? I really don't think so.

if you are looking strictly at the rewards, nope, especially since I haven't champed the character she leads into.

It's more about the sense of feeling like my covers aren't going to waste. It's been a lot more enjoyable where the only useless covers I get are 1 stars. I enjoy opening heroic tokens and what not so I will hope for the best there, plus the game is just designed to make it inefficient to power up your roster.

the way the game is designed, the more you power up, the stronger everything else is. I don't play PVP really, thus there isn't a good reason for me to rush to make my 4 star roster competitive. I'll eventually champ them, but I don't actually have any champ ready 4 stars yet.

Triz

Took 7 tries but I beat Galactus with a 111 ghost rider only black and red powers. Boosted 100% Black damage and +black tiles + all colors.

Did it with 33 life left. Chipped away and hoarded black until i could do two of his black attacks against him. Then had to ope his next turn didn't kill me and it didn't. So lucky. Pulled a red 5 star Jean Grey.

Dalek

Took 7 tries but I beat Galactus with a 111 ghost rider only black and red powers. Boosted 100% Black damage and +black tiles + all colors.

Did it with 33 life left. Chipped away and hoarded black until i could do two of his black attacks against him. Then had to ope his next turn didn't kill me and it didn't. So lucky. Pulled a red 5 star Jean Grey.

Holy crap-thanks, Triz. I too had a 111 Ghost Rider with only Red and Black and just assumed it was impossible. I tried your method and beat Galactus on the first try! I got a Red Ghost Rider cover. :)

Holy shit, I can't believe that worked. Waited til I was near death and let the black power fire off, knocked him for his last 5k health. Wow.

Got a red 4-star Deadpool out of it, too. Hot damn.

zulux21

We will be testing new scaling changes in the Prodigal Sun Story event beginning this Thursday, April 14th.

Here's the lowdown from Anthony at Demiurge:

"Thank you to everyone that participated in the Unstable Iso-8 Story event which featured the latest iteration of the new mission difficulty. A trend we noticed from the last couple of times we have run the new difficulty system is that players with higher level teams are not performing as well as we expected them to. To help with this, we have adjusted how enemies scale against higher level teams and increased the difficulty spread by making easier missions much easier. I will outline these changes below.

High-Level Team Advantage - With the new mission difficulty system, we intended to make it so that enemies scaled up slower as your roster improved. The current implementation wasn't giving high-level teams enough of an advantage as we wanted so we further decreased the speed that enemies scaled.

Increase the Spread of Difficulty - In the past two runs, there wasn't enough difference between the easiest and hardest mission. Also, we felt that wasn't enough difference between the first time you beat a mission and the 6th (the maximum difficulty a mission can be). We increased difference in both areas by making the easiest end (on both areas) much easier and made the hardest end only slightly easier than previous runs.

We will return to the previous system for the next Story event as we continue to collect data and feedback. Thank you again for all your feedback!

Updated Mission Difficulty Details:

• Adjusted how enemies scale as your roster gets better.
• Much larger spread of difficulty
o Every mission has a different difficulty. The previous run had the same difficulty for the last three non-required missions.
o Easier missions are much easier and harder missions are slightly easier.
o Missions start off easier and have a maximum difficulty that is slightly easier."

here's hoping they have rubber banding on again to make the CP reward easy to get :p

in other news I see 3 star cyclops is the second highest rated 3 star. I assume it's because he combos nicely with hulkbuster?

zulux21

Why does the Deadpool daily have the duck season banner on it? Do we get Howard for playing it?

it's because he is in the vault and will be the clash of titans for the 5th day (where you can earn the amazing prize of... a green cover for him)

Malmorian

FYI if you didn't see it the last node of the PVE has Howard the Duck as a reward.

Yeah I just got him. In a way I like that the final reward in a PvE should be a 4* cover, it's not that great since it's only 1 cover plus you need the roster space to have him. Also it's Howard, so...

Dalek

Bah-I was so busy with work today I didn't get a chance to do some PVE work-and now I won't hit the progression goal to get 25 CP in the Howard PVE. bummed out.

Dalek

What teams do you guys use for the Cap PVP?

I usually run Iron Man and either Blade or Scarlett Witch-but I'll need some more suggestions. I really want to hit 1000 here to get that Jean cover.

zulux21

I usually run Iron Man and either Blade or Scarlett Witch-but I'll need some more suggestions. I really want to hit 1000 here to get that Jean cover.

im a big fan of iron man 40, cap, and KK but that could just be me as KK uses up the rest of the AP Iron man makes with really solid powers allowing her to do a lot of damage to the enemy team and keep the team healed with cap using his moves.

Iron Fist and Cyclops, or Cyke and Daken. Daken just because he's boosted right now, and Iron Fist is eternal.

NineH

I see Scruffy in the top 10 in my bracket. I missed several clears, so can't make it up there.

Oh man, that was so much grinding. I mostly did it because It looked like I can make top 10 so I went for it. Thankfully I got my second champion cover for Red Hulk ending up 9th place. Only 98 more to go to max champ him though :(

Unfortunately I use whoever is boosted because I usually see a wall of 4 stars and a smattering of 5 stars. Since you have Hulkbuster recently finished, I would use him for almost all the PvPs since he is pretty strong. While he isn't the scarecrow he once was thanks to the introduction of 5 stars, he is still a deterrent to most folks I would think. I know that I think twice about fighting a max Hulkbuster unless he is worth a ton of points.

zulux21

Interesting that the cp nodes in the new pve are only with 4 rewards. Fine with me beats trying them 8 times.

yeah was just gonna comment on that, hopefully it stays that way as it makes it much easier to just play when bored to get some CP./

Dalek

I'm shielded at 958....almost to 1000. I need that Jean Grey!! I've spent a lot on HP for shield hopping and health pack refills.

EDIT: I DID IT!!!

Now I have her at 2/5/5. I'll start leveling her up-and hopefully I can pull the last purple soon.

With Jean and Hulkbuster-I will be INVINCIBLE!!!!!

i-am-invincible-o.gif

Top Bottom