• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

Dalek

I also just pulled a red Red Hulk cover from a Prodigal Sun token making him 2/5/5 for me. Good lord-I have a lot of leveling to do!

This is lucky!
KxlekTq.jpg

Malmorian

So what does everyone do with their maxed 2* champions? Sell them? Keep them? Ares just hit 144 and I really don't know what to do going forward with him. Help!

So what does everyone do with their maxed 2* champions? Sell them? Keep them? Ares just hit 144 and I really don't know what to do going forward with him. Help!

Yeah I'm thinking about what I want to do, too. I think I have 3 maxed right now. I just don't want to put all that iso back into them.

Dalek

I maxed all my 2 *s right off the bat....but in hindsight, I probably would have just saved that to champion the 3*s. I guess it matters where in the progression you are though-I only ever use 2*s in DDQ and required nodes.

Triz

today was a 25 cp daily reward day. Pulled a green Punisher with the token. then used a heroic token gained from leveling up Hawkeye, and pulled a Hulkbuster. Love when that happens.

zulux21

screw it, it isn't worth the grind to try to get merely a green cover for howard against such a crappy enemy.

I think even the broken galactus or ultron event where everyone was murdered was more fun then duck season... such a crappy event.

zulux21

I had Howard's invisibility power activated and Punisher still managed to kill me with his power. Is that even possible?

yup. people don't use inviso much so it seems a lot of people don't know that AOE works just fine against inviso enemies.

it's why it was a dick move by them to include an enemy with an AOE attack against a character that was so limited to get.

komarkaze

Well that sucks. I still remember that Deadpool Daily where my level 70 Professor X defeated level 270 Carnage because his invisibility actually worked.

zulux21

Well that sucks. I still remember that Deadpool Daily where my level 70 Professor X defeated level 270 Carnage because his invisibility actually worked.

to be fair carnage red reads as follows
Carnage attacks viciously and indiscriminately, clawing and slashing in every direction. Deals 603 damage to the target and 320 damage to all other allies and enemies.

which means that he has to target someone to set it off. with just prof x there his move can't be set off, if there was another team member to target though prof x would be hit with the aoe damage.

Yeah my single cover Howard had no chance. Didn't like that he jumped the 4* queue for the DDQ

doesn't matter much, we are likely going to get DDQ stuff for all of the new 4* since the last time, and given how the howard one was set up it will be very likely you can't do it unless you have 6+ covers and 140+ aside from maybe miles who if I recall right has inviso.

Dalek

Ok dilemna time.

Do I spend the next few days leveling up my 3/0/3 Totally Awesome Hulk from 127 to 147?His Clash of the Titans is in 4 days-but I wonder if even with 147 levels will I stand a chance without any of the blue power?

zulux21

Ok dilemna time.

Do I spend the next few days leveling up my 3/0/3 Totally Awesome Hulk from 127 to 147?His Clash of the Titans is in 4 days-but I wonder if even with 147 levels will I stand a chance without any of the blue power?

I would say just sit on the iso and see if you feel that it will make a difference.
I imagine it will be something like a level 270 hulkbuster that he will face as he is a hulk and they share two colors.

it's obvious that they plan to only set the enemy once and be done with it and will likely feel that everyone has had more than enough time to champ and max level him by now so no need to make it easy :p

edit: when in the hell did I get a second howard the duck purple cover o_O
I didn't have that during the DDQ or else I would have leveled him up a bit to give me a slightly better chance.

Is there a decent guide for the game? I feel like I'm doing this all wrong. Its taking me forever to get through the prologue. I've been playing multiple times for almost a month and I'm only just starting on chapter 4, Oscorp. I have two level 40 3 star Black Widow grey suit but The Hood but they are weak compared to my 2 star level 45 Marvel now Thor or my 1 star level 30 Black Widow modern or my level 24 Iron Man model 35. Even then, I barely win battles.

Is there a decent guide for the game? I feel like I'm doing this all wrong. Its taking me forever to get through the prologue. I've been playing multiple times for almost a month and I'm only just starting on chapter 4, Oscorp. I have two level 40 3 star Black Widow grey suit but The Hood but they are weak compared to my 2 star level 45 Marvel now Thor or my 1 star level 30 Black Widow modern or my level 24 Iron Man model 35. Even then, I barely win battles.
Post your roster and we can give advice. Generally, one good hero is better than several weak ones.
If you aren't in an alliance, join a random one and tell us the name. Then we can go look at it.

Post your roster and we can give advice. Generally, one good hero is better than several weak ones.
If you aren't in an alliance, join a random one and tell us the name. Then we can go look at it.

Thor (Marvel Now) ** 5/0/1 level 45
Black Widow (grey suit) *** 1/0/0 level 40
The Hood (classic) *** 1/0/0 level 40
Black Widow (Modern) * 3/5 level 30
Iron Man (model 35) * 5/3/5 level 27
Wolverine (astonishing Xmen) ** 1/2/0 level 23
Storm (classic) ** 1/3/1 level 19
Captain Marvel (Ms. Marvel) ** 1/1/1 level 18

Thor goes on every trip. After that its either Black Window (Modern) or (grey suit) and Iron man. I throw in one of the other ones if there is a particular battle the three mains are weak on or I'm out of heals and I'm subbing an injured hero out.

The alliance is "TheStabilizers"

For now, I'd say not to put Iso into anyone other than Thor and Iron Man, at least until you get more covers for better heroes. IM can go to 50 and does pretty good damage when maxed out for a low level guy. Replay earlier nodes to gain more iso, tokens, and HP. Don't spend HP on anything except roster slots.
Once Thor gets a few more yellow & green covers, you should be able to do a lot more.

For now, I'd say not to put Iso into anyone other than Thor and Iron Man, at least until you get more covers for better heroes. IM can go to 50 and does pretty good damage when maxed out for a low level guy. Replay earlier nodes to gain more iso, tokens, and HP. Don't spend HP on anything except roster slots.
Once Thor gets a few more yellow & green covers, you should be able to do a lot more.

I have 5 slots open. Why do you need so many when I've been told to concentrate on just a few? I realize I should have some open just incase I get a better hero, but I'm not sure how I will get a better hero that I can upgrade. It seems like any 3 star hero or higher, I'm unlikely to ever get extra covers to upgrade.

Once you are ready to start the other events, you will start getting other covers quickly and will need more slots than you have available. Don't start them yet though until you have two or three 2 star heroes decently covered. The main reason is that you want to be able to place as high as possible while you are still in the new player brackets.

Also, if you play every day, you will soon start getting some 2/3 star covers and heroic tokens from the daily resupply.

The game starts a little slow, but will pick up soon.

zulux21

seems like captain america winter soldier is coming (rumors and the hint from the update preview)

rumor is the following characters are also coming in the next few months

Drax (current stats), and War Machine, plus the Civil War stuff Captain America enemy of the state, Iron Man puppet of shield, Captain America vigilante, Iron man Mark 46

the next 4 star is
which doesn't feel very captain america.
rumor mill says that one might be drax which would likely leave cap as a 5* for early next month.

seems like captain america winter soldier is coming (rumors and the hint from the update preview)

rumor is the following characters are also coming in the next few months

the next 4 star is

which doesn't feel very captain america.
rumor mill says that one might be drax which would likely leave cap as a 5* for early next month.

Would Cap be a 5* though? Sam Wilson is the 4* cap, so they could potentially make a Steve Rodgers 4*, especially now that Steve is also going to be another Captain America in the comics again.

Maybe Bucky/Winter Soldier is a new character as well. It makes the most sense, and Bucky is a very popular character for Marvel movie fans.

zulux21

Would Cap be a 5* though? Sam Wilson is the 4* cap, so they could potentially make a Steve Rodgers 4*, especially now that Steve is also going to be another Captain America in the comics again.

Maybe Bucky/Winter Soldier is a new character as well. It makes the most sense, and Bucky is a very popular character for Marvel movie fans.

not sure, would prefer if they expanded their coverage of heroes instead of just making more caps and iron men.
they have so many characters that aren't in the game that they could be doing instead of other versions of the same damn characters.

not sure, would prefer if they expanded their coverage of heroes instead of just making more caps and iron men.
they have so many characters that aren't in the game that they could be doing instead of other versions of the same damn characters.
The next character is Iron Cap with Wolverine claws built into the suit.
Also, the armor turns green when he is mad.

zulux21

got my CP. Pulled a blue quake with it.

suppose it might help me get a legendary token in a week or two as mine is 2/1/2 and might have a small chance at getting her DDQ node.

Malmorian

Seriously!! Where is my goddamned Sabertooth? Or Mr Sinister? Enough already with rehashed characters

Dalek

I'm pretty sure Winter Soldier 4 * is next, what with Civil War coming out.

And we sure as hell better get a Dr. Strange come November.

zulux21

Seriously!! Where is my goddamned Sabertooth? Or Mr Sinister? Enough already with rehashed characters
or kitty pride :(
I'm pretty sure Winter Soldier 4 * is next, what with Civil War coming out.

And we sure as hell better get a Dr. Strange come November.

oh the hint in the release was clearly a winter soldier hint, the moves just don't make much sense for him for a 4* which is why I am leaning towards him being a 5*.

to be fair I think they are aiming for a 5* each month and we haven't had one yet this month.

edit:
drax is indeed the next character.
Drax is all about slashing. His first ability is The Destroyer! For 12 Black AP he charges headlong into battle, viciously destroying anything in sight but leaving his allies high and dry. This power removes random friendly countdown tiles and deals damage, then deals bonus damage for each tile removed.

Drax's second power is called "Secret Weapon" for 8 Purple AP. Drax hides around the corner as his team’s ace in the hole, waiting to spring a vicious attack when he sees the signal. Drax places a 3-turn countdown tile that triggers, causing massive damage if an ally player fires a power which removes the countdown tile.

Slice And Dice is Drax’s final ability and costs 8 Red AP. Drax pulls out a pair of razor-sharp knives and slices away at his enemy with ferocious speed and intensity. It deals damage to the target but if the player has 90% health it deals almost double the damage, so it’s a good idea to fire this power off as fast as possible!

Dalek

Just my luck. I spent all the ISO to level up Chulk to win the DDQ-and of course-my reward was a duplicate 4* cover.

>_>

zulux21

Real talk: can a leveled 5/0/0 win this thing?

I imgine it shouldn't be that hard to win with a 5/0/0 if you level him up beast's powers aren't all that strong. most annoying one might be the healing one but I would imagine if you denied him blue and green until you got 24 green you would likely live, and likely be able to do 7k or so damage with your green getting him close to death.

zulux21

Yeah-this is bad. sucks.

ill see how it is when I join sunday night. he seems like a high damage character though so it is not surprising people want him.

edit: it seems that the event is two 48 hour subs, so I guess I might join saturday night instead.

Top Bottom