• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

Spoit

Blah, 3 green combos is just too few to realistically deny, while trying to just match damage beast down. I don't think I can do this one.

Dalek

I earned the Miles Morales Red Cover as the 1000 point reward in PVP today. Feels good, man. I only shielded once overnight while I slept.

Triz

Dalek your PVP grinds amaze me. Maybe its the brackets I get stuck in since I unknowingly leveled up Silver Surfer like an idiot. But after the first three matches of any PVP I'm stacked against fully leveled 4 star teams. I just can't do the grind enough to keep up. So I stay in the PVE.

Dalek

Dalek your PVP grinds amaze me. Maybe its the brackets I get stuck in since I unknowingly leveled up Silver Surfer like an idiot. But after the first three matches of any PVP I'm stacked against fully leveled 4 star teams. I just can't do the grind enough to keep up. So I stay in the PVE.

I don't remember who it was but someone in this thread posted a guide about how to hit 1000 in each event. It doesn't always work for me-and it depends on how many whales are in it-but if it's a cover I want, I'll do it. I know pretty quickly if it's a tough slice, and I knew the Captain Marvel one I was in was pretty tame so I took the risk.

The big tips I remember were that you get to 300-400 and then stop. When there's like 30 hours left, get to 500-600. And at that point you should shield. Queue up fights that are over 30 points - you should never attack someone under 30 points because they will retaliate and you'll lost points. When you get to 800 or so, shield again and wait for everyone to attack you. When the attacks cool off, queue up fights, heal your characters and wait for health packs to regen.

And of course my fully maxed Hulkbuster and Iron Fist help a lot.

And as of lately I always join the 4th or 5th slice. The Whales seem to take the 2nd and 3rd so they're brutal.

I imgine it shouldn't be that hard to win with a 5/0/0 if you level him up beast's powers aren't all that strong. most annoying one might be the healing one but I would imagine if you denied him blue and green until you got 24 green you would likely live, and likely be able to do 7k or so damage with your green getting him close to death.

Once again you came through, thanks Zulux!

Nailed it first try....even if it was a little close.

2I1UBrH.jpg

Edit: that netted me my first red Deadpool bringing him to 1/2/3. The long long road to usefulness begins

Spoit

I don't remember who it was but someone in this thread posted a guide about how to hit 1000 in each event. It doesn't always work for me-and it depends on how many whales are in it-but if it's a cover I want, I'll do it. I know pretty quickly if it's a tough slice, and I knew the Captain Marvel one I was in was pretty tame so I took the risk.

The big tips I remember were that you get to 300-400 and then stop. When there's like 30 hours left, get to 500-600. And at that point you should shield. Queue up fights that are over 30 points - you should never attack someone under 30 points because they will retaliate and you'll lost points. When you get to 800 or so, shield again and wait for everyone to attack you. When the attacks cool off, queue up fights, heal your characters and wait for health packs to regen.

And of course my fully maxed Hulkbuster and Iron Fist help a lot.

And as of lately I always join the 4th or 5th slice. The Whales seem to take the 2nd and 3rd so they're brutal.

30 hours? way too soon to start shielding. Float at 600-ish and make your first push at like 8 hours, for 800, and then go for 1k at 3 hours.

zulux21

Once again you came through, thanks Zulux!

Nailed it first try....even if it was a little close.

Edit: that netted me my first red Deadpool bringing him to 1/2/3. The long long road to usefulness begins

glad it worked out for you. I only had 1 green cover so I didn't try at all.
with miles likely next I might have a chance with him since he has inviso and I think I have 4 total covers for him.

Ha, my strategy is still being used!

It doesn't work that well for me these days, though it's possible that I just haven't been trying for 1000 much lately. Either that or my brackets don't allow for that strategy much. Maybe I should give it a go again soon, with this Cyclops PvP.

Triz

OK I give up on the Drax. Every time I go to grind Im about 5 places behind where I was the last time. I get more pissed missing a reward by 5 places than 80..

Triz

Ive always viewed him as a decent support but not worth leveling. Funny how that changes when you have 120k and an extra cover for a 3 star since the champion change.

zulux21

He's such a solid support character. Mine's at 169 and the Falcon/Cage/Fist combo is my daily "go-to" for the Deadpool Daily. Sure, you don't have an offensive red or blue, but both passives are very helpful.

I got bored with that for now so my go to right now is KK/Ironman 40/mags :p

Dalek

Man, level 208 Jean and maxed Hulkbuster make a strong combo. I got to 1000 in the Cyclops PVP without shielding once. I was only attacked a few times as well. It's like a whole new world.

Man, level 208 Jean and maxed Hulkbuster make a strong combo. I got to 1000 in the Cyclops PVP without shielding once. I was only attacked a few times as well. It's like a whole new world.
My Jean is near Lv 150, almost good and usable. Hulkbuster still needs a bunch of red.

Though I did pretty well in that PvP with Cap and X-Force Wolvie. Currently at 800 in the Torch PvP now.

zulux21

I will likely get 1 drax cover but that is most likely it as even though I started late and got into a decent bracket I am going to have to get near the 25CP progression in a little over 2 days in order to get a top 100.

wish they would stop making PVE competitive and just make it progression based.

new splash screen

also they haven't said what yet but there is going to be a civil war event.

Malmorian

Well that explains the 10 pack I won today having just one three star and all the rest were two stars ;'(

The same thing JUST happened to me, and with most of my 2* Champs being maxed, it was incredibly useless. Also, MPQ if you want to keep fucking me, please use lube. Cashed in 20 CP...and got my 1st Nova cover that I don't have room for, and just champed SW...who gave my Green Goblin. It's a wonder I keep playing a game that I hate lol

zulux21

I joined a decent bracket and landed at 49th. I'm happy with that, but it's yet another dip into the HP to buy a slot for a single-covered character I won't be able to use in 2016.

So there's that.

i should stop goofing around and just grind. I think I can make the 25cp reward if I focus, but I keep getting distracted. Maybe I will put back on Miraculous ladybug as it isn't very distracting and I am oddly finding it endearing despite basically being french sailor moon lol.

on the flip side on my path of inefficientness I championed 2 star daken today :p

meh to much effort, and the heroic event looks like another garbage roster, I will likely skip it.

brickface

Recently I've been able to finish championing various two star cards, I sell them on after getting all the rewards - you get 125 Hero points and a bunch of ISO for it. And you free up a space :)

Btw, what are 'whales'? I''ve seen it mentioned a few times, is it people who use Deadpool a lot?

Dalek

Whales are people that spend a ton of money on the game. So if they release a five-star green goblin and then the next day you see a player with a fully leveled and maxed green goblin he's a whale

brickface

Whales are people that spend a ton of money on the game. So if they release a five-star green goblin and then the next day you see a player with a fully leveled and maxed green goblin he's a whale

Ah, thanks. I decided ages ago that if I spent any money on it I'd, in effect, lost the game.
Still winning!

Dalek

Ah, thanks. I decided ages ago that if I spent any money on it I'd, in effect, lost the game.
Still winning!

I spend money on the game-just not as much as the Whales. I spend more time playing this game than any other so I have no qualms against paying the developers.

But the whales are spending thousands on the game-make no mistake. To get a fully covered Green Goblin from a Legendary Token means spending 100 bucks on a pack with a guaranteed token-which gives you SMALL chance of a 5 star-and the percentage of getting a SPECIFIC 5 star like GG is even smaller. We're talking insane amounts of money.

zulux21

I spend money on the game-just not as much as the Whales. I spend more time playing this game than any other so I have no qualms against paying the developers.

But the whales are spending thousands on the game-make no mistake. To get a fully covered Green Goblin from a Legendary Token means spending 100 bucks on a pack with a guaranteed token-which gives you SMALL chance of a 5 star-and the percentage of getting a SPECIFIC 5 star like GG is even smaller. We're talking insane amounts of money.

the biggest confirmed whale I know of in MPQ has been reported to customer support multiple times, they have cleared him multiple times and it is said they spend over 10k a month on the game.

that person has multiple champed 5 stars on their roster with at least one of them being max champed.

the biggest confirmed whale I know of in MPQ has been reported to customer support multiple times, they have cleared him multiple times and it is said they spend over 10k a month on the game.

that person has multiple champed 5 stars on their roster with at least one of them being max champed.
Could I see that roster lol
The whale to end all whales

zulux21

Could I see that roster lol
The whale to end all whales

they made it illegal to link his roster or post his name (well it's illegal to post anyone else's roster or name in MPQ forums in general) thus I don't have that persons info. when I saw his roster it was like 3 days after green goblin released and he had a champed green goblin halfway fully champed, as well as 3 different fully champed old man logans and at least 2 champed of the other 5 stars. he had a huge roster lol.

Dalek

His name is KingDreadnaught or something like that.

I hate him. >_>

EDIT: Yes of course-he's number one right now in the Shield Simulator.

I think I'm in the minority of people who really like Heroic events. Quick stages, my team is always highly powered, and I can grind down a bunch and finish high.

Currently hovering around 20th, it's great.

zulux21

I think I'm in the minority of people who really like Heroic events. Quick stages, my team is always highly powered, and I can grind down a bunch and finish high.

Currently hovering around 20th, it's great.

they are okay when the roster doesn't suck, but the last one and this one have a pretty crappy roster unless you are using 4 stars. (this roster is slightly better than the last one because at least some of the 4 stars are useful the last one was just horrible)

Dalek

Yeah when 1/3 of the roster is 4* characters like ghost Rider that I only have a handful of covers for-another 1/3 is weak but boosted 2*s-and my main 3*s need health packs every other fight....no fun.

zulux21

Yeah when 1/3 of the roster is 4* characters like ghost Rider that I only have a handful of covers for-another 1/3 is weak but boosted 2*s-and my main 3*s need health packs every other fight....no fun.

is the team I am running which isn't going to horrible against the level 130-140s I am facing.
I am only planning on grinding enough to get 1 cp though, as I will be getting 25 cp tomorrow and am sitting at 14 so it would be fun to pull twice tomorrow. maybe 3 times if I can do the miles DDQ which I should be able to since he has an inviso move thus I might get 3 legendary pulls tomorrow, and then nothing for a while.

in other news
If you mean new characters to be released: Warmachine, Winter Soldier, new Cap and IM (Unsure if these two are playable, probably tied to the Civil War event where you have to pick a team) and Kate Bishop have all been spoiled by code hackers. As always them being in the code means nothing. They have to put m in for testing purposes.
with the upcoming civil war event we might see multiple new 4/5 star characters. (as none of the new characters will be 1 2 or 3 stars) I wonder if this will be like when they introduced hulkbuster and the other character and just ran the same event twice back to back with different rewards. either way people might need some more roster spots and we might need to decide what side we want the alliance to be on :p

I finally finish the prologue! But I've moved on to story mode and I'm confused. In venom: heroic, rescue aunt may, and deadpool daily, most of my roster is locked out. Just says "this character doesn't qualify for this category of this battle. Of course its all my good 3 and 4 star characters. I'm only allowed to use 1 and 2 start heroes for the most part. The big exception is Black Widow. The 1 star is locked but I can used the 3 star. The only 3 star I'm allowed to use.
What am I not getting?

Top Bottom