• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

Malmorian

Ok, so just to make it crystal clear ( because I feel stunned right now looking at the event rules ) in Civil War, we ALL have to choose the same side? Or do you just independently grind the side you prefer? I want the best chance for tokens and round rewards, and don't want to be working in opposition of the alliance.

zulux21

Ok, so just to make it crystal clear ( because I feel stunned right now looking at the event rules ) in Civil War, we ALL have to choose the same side? Or do you just independently grind the side you prefer? I want the best chance for tokens and round rewards, and don't want to be working in opposition of the alliance.

you can sort of grind the side you want, but each side has their own overall score thus the best way for an alliance to get rewards is everyone grinding the same side.

since hulkbuster > sam cap I believe we have agreed to go after team iron man.

Malmorian

One more questions, do you all think I should save my CP for the event? I'm at 19 now, so any second. Also, yes Hulkbuster over Sam aaaaany day

I'm definitely onboard with getting Hulkbuster covers, I'm going to pump everything I have into him to beef him up, only one cover from max now. Hoping to champion, if I can manage. We'll see!

zulux21

One more questions, do you all think I should save my CP for the event? I'm at 19 now, so any second. Also, yes Hulkbuster over Sam aaaaany day

your call. I am gonna just keep rolling at 20 since I still need a ton of 4 star covers. plus while the new 5 stars don't look bad they don't look amazing either.

Spoit

Yeah, the first 3 seem better to me. But that may just because I actually have covers for them, OML is almost actually usable @4/1/1....for seed nodes

MiTYH

So far Team Iron Man is easy. My alliance is up to Round 3. Team of Hulk, BP, OBW wins them all so far.

Things of note for the boss - captain ameria
- When the battle begins, he summons a protected countdown tile to bring a random character in as an ally.
- If you remove it, it comes back immediately (full countdown)
- Can be delayed with OBW
- Any partners that get summoned from this can be ignored, as defeating CA downs them as well.

zulux21

So far Team Iron Man is easy. My alliance is up to Round 3. Team of Hulk, BP, OBW wins them all so far.

Things of note for the boss - captain ameria
- When the battle begins, he summons a protected countdown tile to bring a random character in as an ally.
- If you remove it, it comes back immediately (full countdown)
- Can be delayed with OBW
- Any partners that get summoned from this can be ignored, as defeating CA downs them as well.

ah good to know, I won't worry about delaying him right now then and instead just stick with my iron man 40, KK and mags team as it can take out cap in 4-5 rounds right now.

later I might have to adjust but killing extra things is easy with KK :p

Dalek

OK, Gafvengers-I'm tapped out on Round 3-first place. I got an Team Iron Man token-which gave me the vault's Hulkbuster! I used that to champion level my Hulkbuster, which gave me a legendary token for Cyclops.

Looks like we can play Team Cap as well-but it's locked for 8 hours?

Team Iron Man was a good idea for us. My Hulkbuster just breezed through those levels.

zulux21

OK, Gafvengers-I'm tapped out on Round 3-first place. I got an Team Iron Man token-which gave me the vault's Hulkbuster! I used that to champion level my Hulkbuster, which gave me a legendary token for Cyclops.

Looks like we can play Team Cap as well-but it's locked for 8 hours?

Team Iron Man was a good idea for us. My Hulkbuster just breezed through those levels.

you can jump between the two, but every mission you do on one side locks the mission on the other side.

thus if we want alliance progression rewards we want to play both sides.

right now it makes the most sense to just focus on the one we are doing but if things really start slowing down (aka we manage to get a round clear with only 16 hours left or so) we could jump to team cap to snag a few of the early round rewards such as his vault tokens.

I mean if we really wanted we might be able to do something like aim for the two hulkbuster covers and then jump over and try to get the two sam cap covers, but i imagine some would rather have the legendary token than two sam cap covers.

Dalek

you can jump between the two, but every mission you do on one side locks the mission on the other side.

thus if we want alliance progression rewards we want to play both sides.

right now it makes the most sense to just focus on the one we are doing but if things really start slowing down (aka we manage to get a round clear with only 16 hours left or so) we could jump to team cap to snag a few of the early round rewards such as his vault tokens.

I mean if we really wanted we might be able to do something like aim for the two hulkbuster covers and then jump over and try to get the two sam cap covers, but i imagine some would rather have the legendary token than two sam cap covers.

Ah I see. Oh well-Stark all the way I guess.

IKCaP.gif

zulux21

Theoretically, you could clear 6 rounds of one side and 5 of the other.

ah well we won't max out stuff, so I suppose our goal should be 6 rounds on ironman and then hope we can get 2-3 on cap side.

given that this event actually seems decent unlike howard I might just buy some HP to at least do the daily token from each vault to try to get something of interest because why not :p

Dalek

good lord-I just pulled the Legendary Token from the DDQ again-that's two in a row and I've never done it before prior. Got a Quake out of it this time. I can't remember the last time I pulled a 5 star from a Legendary token...

ah well we won't max out stuff, so I suppose our goal should be 6 rounds on ironman and then hope we can get 2-3 on cap side.

given that this event actually seems decent unlike howard I might just buy some HP to at least do the daily token from each vault to try to get something of interest because why not :p

So since I've maxed out my Iron Man nodes until....about 4 hours from now....should I do the Cap ones?

they shouldn't be open, and if they are then you haven't maxed out the iron man ones.

every node you do on one side locks out the other, you can't do both.

Yeah, I realized that after I posted.

The next question is do I dump 2800 HP into the event's ten pack? I'm two covers from a max Hulkbuster which would be my first 4*....

Dalek

The next question is do I dump 2800 HP into the event's ten pack? I'm two covers from a max Hulkbuster which would be my first 4*....

We should be able to get you the Hulkbuster rewards from the progression at least. I'm doing my best with my maxxed Hulkbuster. Check out the rewards list to make sure the ones you need are within reach.

zulux21

which two covers. it seems quite likely we will at least get a red and a blue hulkbuster cover.

I am also debating at which point do we ask the players with weaker rosters to play on team cap.

i mean at some point the points they will get from iron man will be so small compared to the goal they won't matter. I know at least my friend doesn't have a 3 star roster yet so I might just have him work on team cap instead of iron man for the sake of being able to overall get more points for the alliance and slowly work towards progression goals so we might get the cap tokens to get stuff from both vaults.

haven't decided yet.

zulux21

Mine is 3/5/5, so once I get him championed I can just switch those around

hmmm I suppose it is good I have 5 red as I really don't see me championing a 4 star this year unless I run out of 3 and 2 stars to champ.

I just don't see the point in moving to the 4 star tier when it will just increase my scaling and make most of my 3 stars useless :/

edit:
it seems likely we will get the second iron man hulkbuster cover with the next refresh.
which would give us 24 hours to get the legendary token.

and then we would need to decide if we want to go for the black hulkbuster cover or if we want the two sam falcon covers that we could likely get in the last 24 hours.

zulux21

I vote the falcap, since I still need a red to respec, and another champion level on HB does nothing for me

Im personally fine with falcap as well just because two guaranteed falcap covers are better than a token that has a chance to be inviso woman.

we will have to see how we progress though.

zulux21

I could use Falcap covers myself.

alright, so the question becomes do we want to...

A. continue doing team ironman going for the legendary token until we get it then switch.

B. as soon as we get the second hulkbuster cover jump sides until we get the two falcap covers and then either go back to ironman or stick with team cap after that to go for the legendary token?

I am already having my one friend mostly do cap because he can't handle the current cap boss fight with his roster. but I am not sure how many weak rosters we have.

NineH

I think I would go for the legendary then switch. I always want a chance for a 5 star since I am at around 35 Legendary tokens with no 5 stars so I am at an unlucky streak and want to break that so much.

zulux21

I think I would go for the legendary then switch. I always want a chance for a 5 star since I am at around 35 Legendary tokens with no 5 stars so I am at an unlucky streak and want to break that so much.

we are on pace to get the other hulkbuster before the 24 hour mark. (should get it when a few people wake up before the next refresh) since that mark is more than half the total to the next one logically we should get the token with in the next 24 hour mark. which would leave us 24 hours to likely get both falcap covers.

that being said my ability to help will be hindered at times. I will be able to do the next two refreshes without issue, but the ones on saturday could be an issue as I work at 7:45 am until 2pm and then have an event going on from 2pm until likely midnight, and then work the next day at 9am :p

I am currently planning on getting my wife to play my account for those ones, but she is quite out of practice so she might not do the best :p

that being said the IF, luke cage, 2 star widow team I am using on cap is very straight forward so she should be okay.

MiTYH

My alliance is currently in round 5, about 1/2 wayto beat it to get that second hulkbuster cover. Which is awesome for me -- HB was my very first 4 star cover, and sadly was at 1/1/0 before this event despite playing for over a year. Now at least he's 2/1/0, soon to be 2/1/1 which is better than nothing!

I have to say I'm very happy the nodes aren't scaling. Keeping them at level 30 makes it easy to unlock the boss one again. I also enjoy the fact that if you don't have a character one one side, you can open it with someone from the other side. It's a nice change to having to wait even longer to play.

That said, bosses are taking longer now. Not more difficult (have yet to fall to Cap n friends yet), just more tankier. I seem to be doing well with Hulk as a lead, and some combination of BP, Blade, Luke Cage, and OBW

Draws from tokens have been meh. Bunch of 2 stars, the only 3 star being from a random Cap draw, Scarlet Witch, who I already have max covered (not leveled)

Check out the rewards list to make sure the ones you need are within reach.

which two covers. it seems quite likely we will at least get a red and a blue hulkbuster cover.

Oh wow, it looks like we got two Hulkbusters. That's terrific. Mine is 4/4/3 so the red & blue ones bring me up to 5/4/4. Not the ideal build, but I'll take it.

Question time: He's my only fully covered 4* with a few other semi-usable 4*s and an army of championed 3*s. Is it worth dumping the 345k ISO into him to take him to 270? If so, what are some 3*s he works well with?

Triz

I couldn't do one node on this refresh since I don't have Quake. Looks like its resetting in 10 minutes though.

zulux21

Oh wow, it looks like we got two Hulkbusters. That's terrific. Mine is 4/4/3 so the red & blue ones bring me up to 5/4/4. Not the ideal build, but I'll take it.

Question time: He's my only fully covered 4* with a few other semi-usable 4*s and an army of championed 3*s. Is it worth dumping the 345k ISO into him to take him to 270? If so, what are some 3*s he works well with?

off the top of my head I would guess that he plays well with 3 star cyclops and 2 star mags since cyclops can use yellow to make red and mags can use purple to make red and blue to funnel into hulkbuster but I am not sure if 2 star mags is to squishy for that.

I couldn't do one node on this refresh since I don't have Quake. Looks like its resetting in 10 minutes though.

if you don't have a character on one side you could always check the other side of the event to see if you can do that one.

zulux21

Word. Im just saying the civil war tokens have a 10% chance at Ironman.

which I would argue isn't as good as a 3.3% chance at old man logan, but that might just be me :p

hmm we are making really good time on this round, the next refresh should do it. It's quite possible we could get the black hulkbuster cover as well and maybe have time for the two falcap covers. We should get the legendary token with the next refresh. After that we will need to decide which one to go after.

I would like to have a black hulkbuster cover but I will work towards falcap as well. It also might make the most sense if the people who can defeat the next round's cap without to much trouble work on him while everyone else jumps to team cap to start working on him.

Triz

OK I wrapped up all my nodes till the next refresh. These were a bit more taxing on my health packs, took longer than normal. Makes up for how easy they were previously.

Top Bottom