• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

Civil War and with this current one seem to be really only doable if you have characters in the 200s. Even with the boost, I'm barely getting to 160 and battles are like instant death. PVP is a little better. The Heroic event a few weeks back seemed to be easier / funnier than theses. Does the difficulty seem to have spiked for anyone else?
It's meant to help make sure alliances can't completely faceroll these events (can you imagine if every time you got a new round, cap's stats didn't go up except for his health)

MiTYH

Ugh, I need HP in a bad way. Pulled all my Civil War/CP covers because I have no self control. I've now got a new Quake and 4star Jean Grey waiting to get recruited. I can toss some 3stars that I've just been collecting covers, not levels for (SquirrelGirl, She-Hulk, and Colossus) but man, I really though this would be the time I kept them... tossed them so many times in the past...

I might get the 650 HP I need in the next 14 days, hopefully at least to get one of these new recruits

Triz

yeah I'm sitting on 2 4 star covers (Drax and SheWolverine) but don't have the gold to recruit. I almost have enough for one, but Im not ditching 3 star characters to make room.

zulux21

Ugh, I need HP in a bad way. Pulled all my Civil War/CP covers because I have no self control. I've now got a new Quake and 4star Jean Grey waiting to get recruited. I can toss some 3stars that I've just been collecting covers, not levels for (SquirrelGirl, She-Hulk, and Colossus) but man, I really though this would be the time I kept them... tossed them so many times in the past...

I might get the 650 HP I need in the next 14 days, hopefully at least to get one of these new recruits

I would just buy some HP or sell 2 or 1 star characters if you can.

I mean every 3 star character every 40 days is worth 2000 iso, a cover of that 3 star that you can sell for 500 iso and a taco token that unless you get health packs will get you at least 250 more iso.

zulux21

Is there any logic to keeping a 2 star character vs a 3 star version of the same character?

depending where you are at.
easier to level up as you can get covers.
cheaper to max and champ.

beyond that though not really.
the plus to have both is sometimes the 2 star will be a required character, and the 2 star version will net you one of each cover for the 3 star version if you champ them.

Triz

Is there any logic to keeping a 2 star character vs a 3 star version of the same character?

Mostly for required nodes in events. I had a floating spot where I would just rotate in the required 2 star so I could do the nodes, but I just lost that due to my influx of 4 and 5 stars this week.

zulux21

Mostly for required nodes in events. I had a floating spot where I would just rotate in the required 2 star so I could do the nodes, but I just lost that due to my influx of 4 and 5 stars this week.

I also used to do that, but then i just bought a bunch of slots and kept most of the two stars not named bag man or moonstone as I don't care about spiderman covers, or hulk covers.

MiTYH

I would just buy some HP or sell 2 or 1 star characters if you can.

I mean every 3 star character every 40 days is worth 2000 iso, a cover of that 3 star that you can sell for 500 iso and a taco token that unless you get health packs will get you at least 250 more iso.

Actually yeah, I might have to do this. I have a roster of about 64 something, which includes two 5 stars, a lot of 4 stars and most of the 3 stars minus a few. But I run the following two stars who are all championed and almost maxxed:

- Magneto
- OBW
- Storm
- Wolverine
- Daken

I do that because my go to DDQ is 3* Thor, 2* OBW and 2* Magneto. I literally beat everything normally without teamups. That leaves me free to do Wolverine/Daken/Storm for the other 2 nodes without wasting healing items.

I'm thinking Daken may have to go. I've got his lazy 3* fully covered, just not leveled well.

2 Star Black Widow is one of the best characters in the game so I'd keep her around. The rest, it depends if you have the space. But it's mainly there for required nodes and might help with the Deadpool dailies.

Dalek

Has there ever been a time when 2* Cap, Daken or Thor was required for a node and you couldn't use their 3* counterparts? Maybe I can sell these three guys.

Spoit

Yeah, given how set 3 is starting at 370 before I even touched any of the nodes in set 1...I think I'm not even going to try.

Dalek

Yeah, given how set 3 is starting at 370 before I even touched any of the nodes in set 1...I think I'm not even going to try.

There's a big thread about this on the forum and the player base is livid at this scaling. The developers have posted that they are examining it.

zulux21

mine are 315 or so... they are the stupid carnage minions as well :/

granted aside from my 5 stars my highest character is level 175 or so.

Spoit

So, are all the seed nodes gone now? This will make things..tedious. Having all these single/low covered 5* is killing me

I mean realistically, unless you're starting immediately at the start of an event, seeds are only 100 points, and those harder fights are going to be worth like 70 a pop if you let them mature

zulux21

I mean realistically, unless you're starting immediately at the start of an event, seeds are only 100 points, and those harder fights are going to be worth like 70 a pop if you let them mature

those 100 points are all I want though :p
standard token + a little iso + stockpile that I use on legendary DDQ.

beyond that PVP isn't worth playing to me lol.

How is the pay version on consoles? Is it significantly better than the FTP?

It's a mixed bag.
on one hand it's really nice to not have to buy roster slots. That all characters can be used the whole time, that you level up by using characters and that you heal after battle.

on the other hand it seems like the character drops are completely random with you just unlocking more characters to the pool over time. Where even the first clear of something isn't guaranteed to give you any covers, and I am not sure how much you can replay a node to keep getting covers, but the end result is there is absolutely no direction you can take towards building characters, you just have to hope they will eventually drop.

yeah I didn't have any seed teams.

on the other hand... what am I missing?

first area, clearly complete.

second area

o_O

makes it hard to continue on.

edit: I restarted the game and that seemed to do it.

I'm in the same boat and restarting fixed nothing. There was an update last night (ios) and I had hoped that would fix it.

zulux21

What events are in the console version anyway? Just the prologue stuff?

the hulk and deadpool stuff are dlc
CiHE6NGUgAALvZG.jpg

CiHE_oAUUAEj7Ti.jpg

but basically it's a collection of the first year of MPQ.

zulux21

It actually has MP? Is that as bad as the mobile pvp?

the MP is done in real time Vs either local or online.

in other thoughts

got that from the gauntlet. now I have to decide if I should bother with

I mean on one hand it would screw up my scaling a bit more. on the other hand it would suck to have to sell a 4 star cover.

on one hand after his nerf he is just okay
on the other hand that is a lot of iso and I still have a bunch of 3 stars to level.

Do I finally join 4 star world knowing most of the rest of mine aren't up for the task and if he is ever boosted I likely won't be able to play the event with my team... or do I just accept the 1k iso when I get a dupe cover. what to do what to do.

zulux21

For x-farce? I wouldn't bother

yup he is my only max cover 4 star.

in other thoughts...

not sure how to beat

I can't use patch because old man logan is there.
I can't use my IF luke cage combo because Luke cage is there.

I tried KK +ironman + mags, but I think I am gonna have to get lucky to kill him before IF's attack tile and OML strike tiles destroy me.

edit: I figured out how I am gonna do it...
wait until tomorrow

zulux21

They couldn't have figured that out before 2 days were burnt?

to be fair, bug testing and fixing isn't instant. a lot of times when you go to fix a bug a few more pop up ect.

but it would have been nice if they said they were working on it sooner.

edit:

shame he is a 4 star and I likely won't be able to play around with him any time soon. he looks interesting.
red and green work well together.
blue is situational but does a good amount of damage.

shaowebb

I got bored today and took a peak to see what had been done to the game since I left about a year ago. I notice there is a new currency for legendaries and that they FINALLY seperated out those characters into a seperate recruit hero area so there would be a decent draw rate for just higher level stuff. Still random but MUCH better than when I left when 5 stars were beginning to happen all the time and you just couldn't get ahold of any to progress further in the game making it so owning one would outright screw your brackets forever.

So how many ways are there to acquire these legendary hero point things? I saw them as top prizes for winning events and progression awards. Do you ever just receive draws from the legendary tokens as a login reward?

Also how badly does owning a legendary impact your brackets these days?

Seriously thinking of coming back at some point.

Dalek

I got bored today and took a peak to see what had been done to the game since I left about a year ago. I notice there is a new currency for legendaries and that they FINALLY seperated out those characters into a seperate recruit hero area so there would be a decent draw rate for just higher level stuff. Still random but MUCH better than when I left when 5 stars were beginning to happen all the time and you just couldn't get ahold of any to progress further in the game making it so owning one would outright screw your brackets forever.

So how many ways are there to acquire these legendary hero point things? I saw them as top prizes for winning events and progression awards. Do you ever just receive draws from the legendary tokens as a login reward?

Also how badly does owning a legendary impact your brackets these days?

Seriously thinking of coming back at some point.

In PVE there are 2 nodes a day that will give one CP as a reward. In PVP if you come in the top 50 of an event you'll get some as well depending on your ranking. in the daily rewards about once a month I think you'll get 15 or 25 depending on how long you've been playing. Additionally making purchases gives you and your alliance a small amount as well.

Spoit

In PVE there are 2 nodes a day that will give one CP as a reward. In PVP if you come in the top 50 of an event you'll get some as well depending on your ranking. in the daily rewards about once a month I think you'll get 15 or 25 depending on how long you've been playing. Additionally making purchases gives you and your alliance a small amount as well.

Also, the top reward for pve progression and the 2nd 4* in pvp were replaced with 25 CP.

zulux21

heh, no way in hell my spider gwen can do the node today 1/1/2 is not enough. Most people I am seeing are doing it between level 110-130 but you need a lot of red covers since her yellow doesn't do anything but make some web tiles and her purple needs 5 covers to stun for 2 turns.

I still don't get why her heal doesn't effect her as well. She has garbage tier health and her powers aren't amazing :/

edit: it should also be noted that the 4 star clash is going to restart. though xforce won't be the first one in the new clash it will be fury, though they are saying that xforce will still be there this month.

they won't say why this is just that it isn't a mistake and is intended.

my guesses are one of the following.
A. xforce is getting a buff of some sort and they want to push that before his DDQ as his previous nerf was to much.
B. they are going to change up DDQ a bit and perhaps increase the frequency of the 4 star ones.
C. because of all the better 4 stars they merely forgot xforce was a thing and skipped him and when questioned about it they are going with they meant to do that.

I am going with C as the reason :p

also if you have having guntlet issues and have a levels vision try him out. apparently with the last update they screwed things up and his powers now affect the entire team :p

NineH

also if you have having guntlet issues and have a levels vision try him out. apparently with the last update they screwed things up and his powers now affect the entire team :p

Unless they patched it already, Elektra's Shadow Step activates on any damage taken as well.

Dalek

Well with the new CP I was able to get a new LT tonight and got an OML cover-but it was another red making him 1/0/3 for me-so still not useful but getting there I suppose. I really need his healing power.

zulux21

How exactly am I supposed to beat three level 289 symbiotes?

I didn't have much issue with KK +ironman 40+mags
boosted yellow red twice and all once and made a single yellow match to start with, then recharged and two turns later killed the symbiote with guard dog on it and then worked on the other ones by matching purple green and more yellow to AOE them to death after another recharge.

also they seem to be getting closer with the new PVE system

at least they have it down to 4 times to start the points reducing instead of 6 so it won't be a bigger grind than the current PVE

zulux21

I got my 2nd max champion today. 2* cap is now complete. 2* Daken is like 3 away.

my storm hit it the other day (the heroic token she gave at level 143 gave me another storm cover :p)

widow and thor are just a bit away.

that being said I don't know if I will make it through the guantlet. jean gray is mean :p

edit: well that was ridiculous.,
have a full life patch, a full life iron fist (just used web bandages team up) against a full life punisher with enough green ap to use judgement but no red or black.
he used judgement and ended up doing 7k damage to my IF by chain reactions netting himself like 15 black and 20 red, and 15 green along the way. If just barely survives next round he uses judgement again this time with me having patch in front and chains again for like 6k damage taking out both of my remaining fighters :/

Top Bottom